Unofficial Portkey Archive

While You Were Sleeping by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

While You Were Sleeping

Harrys Mistress

Well, it's over. I'm officially done. I was going to add some other random scenes, but I really needed to wrap this one up. This last and final chapter is ALL H/Hr. We all know the other couples will live happily ever after, there is no reason for me to get into that. I really wanted to finish this one, I'm anxious to start my other story, plus I kind of want to do another one before the last book comes out. So, anyway I hope you enjoyed this fic. Thanks so much for all your great reviews.

Chapter 41

Hermione beat the boys home, so she took some time cleaning the house for the party tonight. An hour later, the house was spotless, the food was set, beer was iced and champagne was chilled. She looked at her watch to see that she only had about an hour until the guests started to arrive, so she rushed up the stairs to get ready.

An excited Daisy followed her up to her room, plotting her butt just outside Hermione's closet to watch her Mum get ready. "Wait till you see what I bought today, Daisy," Hermione said pulling out the brand new silk lingerie. "Isn't it fabulous? Your dad is going to freak. Like the color? It's close to the same shade of red of the dress I wore the first time he kissed me. I thought it was appropriate." Daisy let out a soft woof and Hermione nodded in agreement. "Exactly."

Hermione was just about dressed when someone whistled at the opening of her closet. She turned and grinned when she saw Harry staring at her. "Hey there handsome," Hermione said as she slipped into her heels. "Like what you see?"

Harry nodded dumbly. "Uh-huh."

Hermione did a little twirl to show off her sleek back dress that floated around to her ankles. "New dress."

"It looks fabulous." Harry took a step into her closet and kissed her cheek. "Mmm, you smell good."

"I got lathered up with so many lotions and creams it's crazy, but thanks." She gave him another peck, but this time on the lips. "You better get dressed, you don't have a lot of time. Did you have fun today with the guys?"

"Yeah, we drank a lot, I took some sober up potion downstairs."

"You're just going to drink more tonight," Hermione said as Harry stripped down as he headed for the shower.

"Exactly and if I added on to the amount I had today I'd be in trouble."

Hermione smiled as she walked into the bathroom. "That fun, huh?"

"Yup, so fun that we decided to make it a monthly deal."

Hermione chuckled as she fluffed herself into the mirror. "Well, I'm headed downstairs. I'll see you down there."

"Okay," Harry said stepping into the shower, but then stopped. "Oh, Hermione?"

She paused at the door. "Yes?"

"Got any naughty underwear under that dress?"

Hermione gave him a slow smile. "Guess you're going to have to wait and see."

XXXX

A half and hour till midnight, Harry tracked down Hermione and pulled her away from Maggie and Ginny. "Hey…come on," Harry said leading her through the crowd.

"Harry, where are we going?"

"You'll see."

It wasn't until they were in the garage with Harry grinning at his precious bike, when Hermione realized exactly what he had planned. "Harry, are you crazy? We still have guests."

"It's okay, I got it covered." Harry dragged her to the bike. "Mags is going to hand out the champagne to everyone."

"But…"

"Mione." Harry took her hands. "Just come with me, okay? Trust me, it'll be fun."

Hermione sighed in defeat. "All right, fine. It's not like I can say no to that puppy dog look of yours."

Harry laughed and kissed her. "One of my many secret weapons." Harry swung a leg up over the bike and gunned the engine. "Now hop on sexy."

"Just how am I to do that with this dress?" she asked as she tried to get situated behind Harry.

"Just hike it up to your waist," he suggested. "I don't mind."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "No, I'm sure you don't," she mumbled as she hiked her dress as far as she needed to straddle the bike. "All right, handsome. I'm ready."

Moments later they were in the air, snow swirling around them but the warming spell the bike provided protected them from the cold chilling wind. Hermione held on tight, smiling softly as she scooted closer to him while her hands moved up and down his chest.

Feeling naughty, Hermione tortured him by nibbling at his ear, causing him to shiver and cock his head to the side to give her easier access. "Where are you taking me, Harry?" she whispered in his ear.

"It's a surprise," he said with a groan. "And you're going to make me crash this bike if you don't stop doing that."

Hermione chuckled as she removed her hand from between his legs. "My bad."

Once he was at a decent height, Harry set the bike on cruise control and turned around to face her. "This is familiar," Harry said pulling her towards him until her legs draped over his like the first time they rode on his bike.

"Yes, but slightly different," Hermione pointed out as she lifted her hips so she was perched higher up in his lap.

Harry nuzzled her neck. "I'll say. Damn, you smell good."

"You've told me that already tonight. A few times actually."

"I can't help it," he said as he started to run open mouth kisses along her neck. "You must go to the spa more often if you come home smelling like this."

"No need," she said then gasped when his hands snuck under her dress to caress her bum. "I…purchased a lot of the items they used on me."

"Fantastic," he groaned before his mouth sought out hers, kissing her deeply as his tongue slid sensually over hers. "I have to say…" He sucked on her bottom lip, then devoured, then nipped. "This ride is much better than the last time."

"I'll have to agree with you on that," she said as she slipped her hands inside his sweater, then groaned in approval when she came in contact with warm skin. "Harry…please…where are we going? I can't stand this." She fiddled with the hook of his trousers. "I want you inside me."

Harry groaned as he caught her wrists to stop her actions. "Hold that thought, love." He grabbed her face with his hands and kissed her one last time, long and deep. "I need to descend."

As soon as Harry turned around, Hermione snuggled up behind him again, roaming her hands once more. Hermione let out delightful laugh as they touched ground as she found herself loving the speed of the bike. She was no longer afraid. They traveled up a windy paved road that was lines with tall trees towering over them. He turned off into a gravel road and Hermione looked up and could barely make out the night sky as the dense branches swallowed them in. She had no idea where he was going, but wasn't worried for she trusted Harry completely.

They finally came out of a clearing and Hermione saw a few cars parked right at the edge of a drop off. Harry moved over to a spot farthest away from the other cars and smiled over his shoulder. "We're here."

Hermione looked out over the edge the see the lights of a small town nestled below the cliff they were parked on. "It's beautiful here, Harry, but…where exactly are we?"

Harry turned the bike off and reached behind him to pull her around in front of him. He scooted back so he could nestle her back against his chest. "Welcome to Hayden's Peak," Harry said placing his chin on her shoulder.

"Hayden's…you mean the place where teenagers go parking?" she asked as she turned her head to face him.

Harry grinned. "I remembered that night when you said you'd never been parking and I jokingly asked if you wanted me to take you." He kissed her smiling lips. "Thought I'd take you now."

"You took me parking." She let out a laugh as she shook her head hopelessly. "Oh Harry…you romantic." She twisted herself halfway around and grabbed the back of his head to for a kiss.

Harry leaned back before she could kiss him, staring down at her puzzled face before pulling out a small velvet box. "Maybe this will make it even more romantic."

Hermione's silly smile faded and she stared dumbly at the box. "Harry, I…you already gave me a Christmas present."

Harry pressed his lips to her ear. "You and I both know it's not a Christmas present."

Hermione shivered and her eyes fluttered close. "Harry."

"Why don't I open it for you," Harry said lifting his head slightly so their cheeks pressed together. When he opened the box to reveal his mother's ring, he heard her breath catch in her throat before her hand covered her mouth. "It belonged to my mum."

Hermione's eyes filled as she choked back a sob while she couldn't tear her eyes off the beautiful emerald nestled in diamonds. "Oh, Harry."

"My aunt gave it to me during my last night at Privet Drive." He was all of the sudden nervous and couldn't bear to look at her so he kept his eyes trained on the ring. "She thought I'd want to have it…maybe give it to someone special." He looked at her now and his heart almost hurt to look at her. She was so beautiful sitting in the moonlight with the snow falling around her and he knew it was an image he would always remember. "She was right, I wanted to give it to someone special. That someone is you."

She closed her eyes, smiling softly as she tilted her head towards him. "I want to put that ring on your finger," he continued as he held her close from behind. "And I don't want you to ever take it off. Hermione…love." He cupped the side of her cheek and turned her head towards him until she opened her wet glistening eyes. "I love you. Please say you'll accept the ring…please tell me you'll take me. Marry me. I can't imagine my life without you in it."

Her chin began to tremble as she placed her forehead against his. "A life without you would be no life at all." She pulled back slightly only to cover his mouth with hers. "Yes," she murmured against his lips. "Of course I'll accept the ring…of course I'll take you and most importantly…of course I'll marry you."

Harry's shoulders slumped with relief as he let out the breath he didn't know he was holding. "That's excellent news."

She giggled happily as she turned herself around until she was straddling his lap. "Now hurry and put it on."

Harry laughed as he took the ring out of the box. "Not even married yet and you're already telling me what to do." Harry slipped the ring on her finger, pleased that it fit so perfectly. "It looks good on you, Mione."

She admired it with a happy sigh. "Of course it does." She then smiled at him as she circled her arms around her neck. "So, now that you've proposed and you're now officially stuck with me…why don't we go crazy and snog like horny teenagers."

"Hermione," he laughed. "We are horny teenagers."

Hermione grinned as her hand stuck back between his legs. "Exactly."

XXXX

It was a good thing that Harry kept the invisibility shield and the silencing charm on the bike so the muggles couldn't see them, because things had gotten pretty out of control. The snogging wasn't enough for either of them and both had a hungry need for each other.

They didn't even bother with un-dressing, she just unzipped him free while he hiked up her dress. Their mouths were fused together as she sank onto him, groaning at the familiar feeling of them joined together. Hermione's arched against him as they rode together while Harry's mouth feasted on her neck. It was fast and aggressive as they were both raced for that glorious release.

No one but Harry heard Hermione cry out when she came and no one but Hermione could hear Harry say he loved her over and over again while he tumbled over the edge with her.

It wasn't till later, way past midnight when they were alone in their room once more, when he was finally able to see just what Hermione had hidden behind her dress. He had practically drooled like an idiot, but any bloke couldn't blame him. The red silk teddy looked fabulous on her and he kept it on her as long as possible before finally slipping it from her body.

They loved each other gently, sweetly and painfully slow while he took his time treasuring her. Down at the peak they were both greedy and rushed through it, but he wouldn't do that this time. She was officially his fiancée and he would cherish her like she deserved to be cherished.

Harry smiled down at the ring that decorated her finger while he watched her sleep. She was on her stomach and her long glossy brown hair spread out on the pillow. Her mouth was slightly open as she breathed and Harry was looking forward to more nights like these. Lying awake as he watched his wife sleep, silently thanking god for making Hermione his…for bringing him into his life all those years ago.

With that in mind, he leaned down and kissed her temple before slipping out of bed. He grabbed his gray sweatpants and walked over to his set of drawers, pulling out Hermione's Christmas gift. He sat in her reading chair, using his wand for light instead of the lamp so he wouldn't disturb her.

He opened the book and never stopped smiling as soon as he read her first words.

I'm a witch. I just found out today. I guess I'm not all that surprised; I am sort of an odd kind of girl.

It was interesting to see what an eleven year old Hermione was thinking. He especially enjoyed her first impression of him.

Well, I saw him today. On the train. I read so much about him and was so excited to see what all the commotion was about, but I was sadly disappointed. Not that he was ugly or mean or anything, mind you, but he was just a boy. All the other students were going on and on about him and when I finally met him I tried to figure it out but I just couldn't. He didn't look any different than the obnoxious red head sitting next to him.

So he has a scar. Big deal, so do I. On my right hip. I got it when I fell off my bike when I was five. No one makes a big deal about that. So far to me he's just Harry. We'll see though. I'll keep you posted.

Harry grinned cheekily. He knew the scar Hermione was talking about very well. He found it rather sexy.

"What are you grinning about over there?"

Harry looked up to see a now awake Hermione sitting up with the sheets pulled over her. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" he asked as he set the book aside to join her.

"I reached for you and you were gone." Hermione immediately scooted next to him when he slid back into bed. "What were you smiling about?"

"I was reading your diary."

Hermione blushed as she hid her face in his chest. "Oh."

"You were talking about what you first thought of me…how I had a scar and it wasn't a big deal. You mentioned yours on your hip and it had me grinning because I happen to know that scar very well."

Hermione giggled when his hands caressed small scar shaped like a crescent moon. "You certainly do."

Harry kissed her, both of them laughing between kisses until Harry finally pulled her up so she was lying directly on top of him. "So…when do you want to get married?"

Hermione propped her chin on her hand, her elbow leaning on his chest. "Well, weddings take time, Harry, there's a lot to plan."

Harry sighed as he played with a strand of her hair. "Don't take too long planning, I'm very impatient."

Hermione smiled. "All right. How bout June?"

Harry lifted a brow. "June? That's six months."

"So it is."

"Can the freakishly organized Hermione and the pitifully procrastinating Harry plan a wedding in six months?"

"Well," she said pondering for a bit. "The freakishly organized Hermione and the pitifully procrastinating Harry always have worked well together in the past."

"Hmm…that's true." He then smiled as he cupped her face with his hands. "June it is."

Hermione's heart fluttered as their lips touched. "You asked for it, Potter. Starting tomorrow it's plan, plan, plan."

Harry looked into her eyes, smiling softly. "I'm looking forward to it, Hermione." His thumb lovingly traced her bottom lip. "I love you."

Hermione's eyes filled as she took his hand and kissed the inside of his palm. "I love you, too."

After that…no words were spoken for the rest of the night. As the sun came up and they finally clung to each other after hours of loving, Harry couldn't help but think that this day was the beginning of many more to come.

It was crazy to think about all the things that happened while Ron was sleeping. Harry falling for Hermione. Draco falling for Ginny and Luna…sitting beside Ron while she waited for him to wake up, hoping that he would love her just as she did. They would start their lives as well and Harry and Hermione would also be a part of it. They were a unit now, along with Maggie and Neville.

Hermione was asleep by his side and his world was balanced. Every horrible event he had been through made this moment worth it. He earned this. They both did. A life where they didn't have to look over their shoulder. A life where they could love one another with no boundaries.

They would start a family. He would have a boy or a girl, hopefully both and would love them and protect them with all his being. He would enjoy every second of his life with Hermione and cherish every precious moment.

He loved her. She loved him. Harry couldn't wait to start the life he always dreamed of with his best friend. His Mione.