Unofficial Portkey Archive

While You Were Sleeping by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

While You Were Sleeping

Harrys Mistress

Okay, well here's another update finally! Starts off with H/Hr…just a little snippet, but then moves to Draco/Ginny where you'll enjoy a bit of fluff. Don't worry though, next chapter will be Christmas morning at the Grangers. Hope you enjoy and thanks for all the great reviews on my new story!!

Chapter 34

"Anna…luv…you've beaten that couch cushion about fifteen times," Jim Granger said to his wife as he lounged in his favorite recliner. The one piece of furniture in the house that he could call his own, although his wife threatened to burn it a few times. "Everything looks fine."

Anna huffed as she fiddled with the pillows. "I just want everything to look nice for Hermione and Harry."

"And you're doing a smashing job of it," Jim said as he sat up from his chair. "Listen, why don't we go head out to the back, they should be apparating in a few minutes now."

"Yes, all right," Anna said as she fluffed the pillow one more time. They walked out to their covered back porch where Jim sat down on one of the chairs while Anna nervously paced. "I just don't like the idea of apparating, it makes me nervous."

"Anna, our Hermione is brilliant, you have nothing to worry about."

"Yes, yes, but just the idea of popping in from one place to the other? It's just not normal, Jim."

"She's a witch, Anna," Jim chuckled. "We've known that for over eight years now and you're still not use to it."

"Sometimes I think about it too much and I…."

CRACK!

"Oh! Oh, you're here!" Anna ran down the steps to greet her daughter, while Jim followed her and hugged Harry. Daisy's tail was wagging as she happily danced around everyone while Crookshanks was already countering up the porch out of the snow.

"It's so good to see you two," Anna said hugging Harry. "Come on inside, it's freezing. We've got a fire going and we've saved some ornaments for you two to hang up."

"Sounds great, Anna," Harry said as Jim tried to help him with the luggage. "Oh, don't worry about that Jim I can just levitate it."

Jim watched dumfounded as Harry casually waved his hands and their luggage lifted out from the air. "You magic people are spoiled."

Harry just laughed. "Yeah, it's a wonder why we're not all fat and lazy."

"You two go on up and put your things away," Anna said as she opened the door inside. Daisy ran inside, shaking off the snow before making herself at home and went straight for the fire. "Harry, you remember where the guest bedroom is?"

"Sure, right across from Hermione's."

"We'll be right down, mum," Hermione said with a smile.

"Take your time, we've left a few decorations for the tree so you and Harry can hang them up, I also made some sandwiches."

"Sounds great, I'm starved," Harry said as he made his way up the stairs.

"We'll meet you back in the den," Jim said.

After they put their stuff away they met in the hallway where Harry gave her a reassuring hug. "You ready to tell them?"

"Yeah." She leaned up and kissed him softly. "And I'm not nervous, I know my parents love you."

He grinned. "Yeah, I'm such a charmer."

Hermione rolled her eyes as she walked off. "Oh please."

"Hey, I got you didn't I?" he murmured in her ear from behind.

Hermione stopped in the middle of the stairs and turned. "Yeah," she sighed touching his face. "I was a goner."

Harry turned his head and kissed her palm. "C'mon…let's go tell your parents how we were both goners."

XX

Hermione's parents were not only okay with it, they didn't even act like it was a big deal. Harry and Hermione stood there, waiting for some kind of reaction after they told them the news. Both their jaws dropped when Anna stood up from the couch and said, "Well…it's about time."

"You knew it was going to happen?" Hermione asked stunned.

"Of course," Jim said with a chuckle. "Ever since you came home that Christmas after first year, Harry was all you talked about."

Hermione flushed in embarrassment. "Dad!"

Harry snickered next to her, which cost him an elbow to the gut. "I should see those coming by now."

Anna laughed and then kissed Harry on both cheeks. "You're such a sweet boy, I couldn't ask for anyone better to love my daughter."


"I do love her, Anna."

"Oh…well, stop that or I might get a little misty." She took a breath to compose herself. "Jim, hug the boy and be done with it, we have a Christmas tree to finish."

Jim did as he was told. "You be good to her now, Harry."

"I'll be nothing but."

"Good." He patted his shoulder. "Now kiss your girl to seal the deal and let's start decorating."

"Happy to," Harry smiled as he leaned down and kissed his girl.

XXXX

Draco woke up Christmas morning to something warm and heavy on his chest. He heard the panting as he slowly began to open his eyes, but wasn't prepared for the long wet tongue bathe his cheek.

"Ugh…bloody hell," he grumbled sleepily.

More tongue began to attack him so he tried to keep it away as he struggled to sit up. The mysterious weight pinning him down from the mattress prevented him from doing so. He finally was able to hold it back and looked up to a pair of warm brown eyes looking at him. "Well hey," Draco said to the scraggily looking puppy grinning down at him. "Who do you belong to?"

He reached up and ruffled the puppy's floppy ears. "You lost? How'd you manage to get past Mrs. Weasley, huh?" The puppy wagged his tail as he stuck his little butt in the air. "You're pretty cute…looks like you've got a collar."

Draco fiddled with the green collar decorated with silver paw prints, then looked at the tag. His heart dropped when he read the name engraved on the bone shaped tag dangling from the collar.

"Fib," he whispered as he started to feel like that innocent boy again.

"Merry Christmas."

Draco looked over to see Ginny standing just outside his door. "Ginny…what's going on?"

Ginny walked into the room that once belonged to Percy and sat by his hip. Fib happily went over to greet her. "Ron mentioned what happened when you were little. It broke my heart and I…I guess I wanted to give you another chance with Fib."

"You got me a puppy." It wasn't a question; it was more of a statement of disbelief.

Ginny blushed. "Yeah, I ran out yesterday and found him at a shelter. No one seemed to want him…he's just a little mutt, but he's so sweet."

"Red…"

"If you don't like him, then I guess he could stay here," she continued nervously. "Hopefully he won't dig in Mum's garden."

"Gin…"

"I just thought…mmmph."

Draco was getting tired of her nonstop rambling, so he shut her up by cupping the back of her neck and brought her lips down to his for a long, deep kiss. "Red," he finally said pulling back out of breath. "Shut up, okay?"

Ginny could only nod, for the affect of the kiss temporarily made it difficult for her to form words.

"This is probably the nicest thing anybody has ever done for me."

Ginny licked her lips. "Oh…well, I just…"

"Hush."

"Right…Sorry."

He kissed her again, but this time softly…ever so sweetly. "Thanks, Red."

Her eyes lit up. "So you like him?"

Draco smiled as he looked down at Fib, who was now on his back exposing his belly while he wagged his tail. "How could I not?" Draco scratched his belly. "You gave me Fib…a dog I only knew for a day, but never really forgot."

"My heart broke for that little boy when Ron told me."

Ridiculously touched, he caressed her soft cheek. "I never loved anyone before," he found himself saying. "Never thought I would. Until you came into the picture."

Ginny's eyes softened. "Draco…"

"I love you, Red." He then let out a shaky breath as he placed his forehead to hers. "Merlin, "I've never said those words to anyone before. Scares me too death."

Ginny's eyes filled. "Draco…you're probably the last guy I expected to fall in love with."

Draco couldn't help but smile at that as he leaned up and kissed her forehead. "Weird, huh?"

"Very," she said laughing softly. "I might not have planned it, but I have fallen in love with you. Hopelessly. And I was scared you'd never love me back."

"Rest easy, Red, because I do." He shook his head. "I'm not very good at this…saying those words to you is something I have to get use to."

"It's harder for you…I understand that." Ginny took his hand, linked her fingers with his. "I love you, Draco. That's something you're going to have to get use to hearing."

When she said the words, his heart literally skipped a beat. Slightly embarrassed, he looked down at Fib who was now snoozing between them. "No one's said those words to me before."

"I'm glad I was the first."

Draco looked up at her. "And only."

Ginny let out a laugh and kissed his fingers. "No, not only. You'll have more people who'll love you in the future. My family, friends…your children."

Draco's pale face turned even whiter. "Children?"

Ginny grinned. "I'll be wanting kids, Draco. Not now…but someday."

The thought of being a father sent chunks flying up in his throat. "I…I'll probably be a horrible father."

"No you won't," Ginny assured him. "Take Fib for example…he's yours now. What would you do to protect him?"


The corner of his mouth lifted as he rubbed his hand over Fib's fluffy head. "Everything I could."

Ginny's heart melted. "And your child?"

The picture of a little girl with red haired pigtails flashed in his mind. She was running towards him with a smile as her little arms lifted to him and he happily plucked her up. "I'd die for her."

Ginny lifted a brow. "Her?"

Draco flushed. "Er…I pictured a little girl just now…I…sorry, that was stupid."

"No, it wasn't." Ginny framed his face with her hands. "It's why you'd make a great father." Ginny kissed him softly. "A little girl, huh?"


"She had your hair." He gave her hair a friendly tug. "In pigtails."

Ginny smiled. "I can't wait to meet her." She kissed him again, quick and short kisses that had them both giggling like foolish kids in love. "Come on," Ginny finally said. "Let's go downstairs. You have to experience your very first Weasley Christmas."

Draco picked up a very sleepy Fib, who whimpered and shifted in the crook of his arm. "Maybe next year we'll have our first Malfoy Christmas."

Ginny's heart fluttered, but she managed a coy smile. "Really?"

"Maybe." Draco shrugged and flashed her a quick grin. "We'll see."