Unofficial Portkey Archive

The One that he Pushed Away by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The One that he Pushed Away

cosmopolitan411

Disclaimer: idea's that Rowling girl's. (Creative, right?)

And since this chapter has a song u should be aware that I am musically inept… so yeah not mine (it's "It's all over but the crying" by garbage from the CD: Bleed Like Me)

--

The one that he pushed away

--

Summary: she had loved him, but he broke her heart so many times that it dissipated to a point that all she felt when it came to him was pain. He hurt her so many times and she finally got up the courage to leave him… but she did so with something of his.

--

Chapter I: it's over (a prologue of sorts)

--

Everything you think you know baby
is wrong
and everything you think you had baby
is gone

"No, James this time it's really over," she yelled at him.

"Come on Lils, you can't really mean that. It was a mistake, I swear! I didn't mean to, please Lils, don't leave me. I love you; you can do this to me," he pleaded, hoping that she would return like she had in the past.

"James, you fucked her! Don't you dare even try to play it off as an error in judgment, you were perfectly aware of what you were doing," she cried, knowing that she was losing her restraint, but she couldn't help it. He had always made her weak, love just did that.

"Lils, I love you. Don't do this; you know that we belong together."

"It's my fault James, I don't blame you-" she sobbed.

Certain things turn ugly when you think too hard
And nagging little thoughts change into things you can't turn off
Everything you think you know baby
Is wrong

"Perfect-"

"You bloody wanker!" she cursed him, seething with anger. "I'm not saying that I'm willing to get back together. I was saying that it's my fault for ever having forgiven you. You've done this to me so many times James, but I always gave you another chance. I loved you and honestly believed that you loved me enough to finally stop cheating on me."

"But I do love you Lily."

"James, for all I know you might love me in your own sick, twisted, and painful way, but I'm not going to give in this time and get hurt again. I've already let you back too many times, it's about time I finally learn from my past mistakes."

"But Lils, I love you."

"It's weird you know. I can't imagine life without you, but I don't even know if I love you."

It's all over but the crying
Fade to black I'm sick of trying
Took too much and now I'm done
It's all over but the crying

"Lils, come on, you can't be serious."

"After all the times that you've hurt me James, you broke my heart so many times. I think that I just clung onto our relationship because it had grown to be a part of me. I don't even know when I stopped loving you, but I did. You broke my heart so many times James and I'm glad, because now I've finally given up all hope when it comes to us and our relationship."

"Lily, listen to yourself, this can't be true," he came closer to her, rubbing her arms.

She, however, did not find the action as comforting as it was intended to be, "don't fucking touch me James. I don't want to hear it anymore, I don't care! Now leave me alone," she told him off before walking away.

--

One week later:

They were exiting class when James ran to her, trying to get her attention. She however, ignored his calls, kept on walking regardless of the fact that he was yelling out her name in a desperate attempt to get her attention.

James finally grabbed her arm and turned her so she was facing him, forcing her to listen to him, "Lily, please, just talk to me. You know that this isn't right, we belong together. Don't deny it, you know it's the truth just as well as I do," he pleaded.

"James, don't! Just stop! You've done this so many times-"

"And we've managed to get past it then, why not now?"

"Because I'm tired."

Do you really think I'm made of stone baby?
C'mon!
That we only love the things we own?
Baby you're wrong

"Lils, what we have is different, we're perfect, we belong together and I'm sorry, but don't leave me, please don't," he pleaded as he brought a hand to her face, caressing it, but she flinched away.

"No James," she told him in a stern voice. "It's over, I'm done. I'm tired, tired of being disappointed and having my heart broken," she told him before walking away.

certain things just happen when you make no plans
and love can really tear you up and it can break you down
Everything you think you know baby
Is wrong

--

Those were the last words that she had ever said to him. She had managed to avoid him for the entire three weeks before graduation. Even when he tried to confront her at that even she had managed to get away from him.

Two years.

Two years ago he had lost the only woman that he had ever loved.

--
--

It's all over but the crying
Fade to black I'm sick of trying
Took too much and now I'm done
It's all over but the crying

Baby we're done

If I could I would
I'd change everything
Cause I can't forget you though you don't believe me
Now I can't walk back
I can't leave behind
Where does it go all the light that we had?

Everything you think you know baby
is wrong
and everything you think you had baby
is gone

-->