Unofficial Portkey Archive

The One that he Pushed Away by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The One that he Pushed Away

cosmopolitan411

Disclaimer: idea's that Rowling girl's.

--

The one that he pushed away

--

Summary: she had loved him, but he broke her heart so many times that it dissipated to a point that all she felt when it came to him was pain. He hurt her so many times and she finally got up the courage to leave him… but she did so with something of his.

--

Chapter XI: which to choose?

--

Previously:

"I have a house in which I live with Sirius and Remus. You two can have your own rooms and everything I won't try anything. I just think that this might be better since neither of us will ever have to be away from him. He won't have to alternate homes every other week."

"I'll think about it, just please give me some time to mull it over."

--

Lily's apartment

The night of the dinner:

"Hey, how did it go?" Riley greeted her as she made her way into the apartment.

"He asked me to move in with him."

"What?!"

"He claims that it's for Harry's sake, that it's better that he grows up with both parents being consistently present… or something like that. That's what I got out of it. I was kind of trying to get over the initial shock of the proposition."

"Well, you have to admit that it's a pretty good idea."

"How can it be a good idea?!"

"For Harry's sake, not you. I know it's the last thing you would want to do."

"Well doesn't my sanity ensure Harry's?"

"You're not sane now; if anything you'd be saving Harry by moving in with James."

"Hey!" she screamed as she threw a nearby pillow at him.

"You know you're my favorite Sheila and all, but I bloody hate you when you do that. You know how much time I spend on my hair; was that really necessary."

"You're such a wanker," she told him as she headed towards Harry's room.

--

Auror's department

10am

Remus walked into Lily's office and threw himself across her couch.

She cocked an eyebrow, "May I ask why you feel the need to lay down on my couch?"

"I heard about James' proposition last night."

"I should've known that the thought of you just wanting to talk about the Jackson case was just naïve and wishful thinking."

"So, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know… I mean, don't you that it would be really awkward?"

"Why would it be?"

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"Touché."

"Plus there's the fact that Harry will wake you guys up if he wakes up in the middle of the night and starts crying, which he has a tendency to do. I swear if he wasn't my son I'd give him a muzzle"

"James' house is huge, the rooms are practically soundproof. Next excuse," Remus nonchalantly told her.

"James and I have too much history."

"He already promised that he wouldn't try anything."

"Doesn't mean that it wouldn't be awkward."

"Why would it be?"

"Imagine trying to explain to Harry why his mom and dad live together, but date other people. Then there's the idea of explaining to my dates why I live with three guys and assuring them of the fact that I'm not sleeping with any of you."

"Okay, so you may have a point there."

"Thank you," she said as she smiled smugly because she had won.

"But have you ever considered what it'll be like when Harry's away from you half the time? How will you handle it?"

"Okay, so I never thought of that."

"That's why James came up with the idea."

"So you may have a point there."

"Thank you."

"No need to sound so smug."

"This is coming from the girl that was acting like this just minutes ago."

"I'm really looking out for your well being."

"Bull shit, my dear."

--

Marauders' residence

5 pm

"I'll have to wait to move in for another month," Lily told him as she walked onto the field in his backyard.

"Hey, I didn't know that you were coming," he greeted her as he dismounted his broom.

"Remus told me that you would be back here."

"I see. So why do you have to wait another month to move in?"

"My friend is staying with me because he has some business here for a month or so."

"Your friend can stay here, there's more then enough room."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"I don't know, it all just seems so impromptu."

"I want to get to know my son, and I'll do whatever I can to ensure that it happens as soon as possible. I don't want to miss out on anymore of his life than I already have."

"I take it that the bonding evening went well."

"You have no idea."

"He threw up on you."

"I know it's great, isn't it?"

"The only reason that you think its great is because you hope he'll be a future marauder and wreak havoc upon the halls of Hogwarts just like his dad."

"Details Lils, all minor details," he waved her off.

"You're a riot James," she laughed at his immature antics.

"You know you love it."

"Well, then I guess that it's settled."

"When will you move in?"

"When do I need to?"

"Any chance you can this weekend?"

"Fine, I have to go though."

"Okay, bye."

--

Lily's apartment

5:30 pm

"I'm moving in with James," Lily announced as she walked into the apartment.

"That's a surprise," Riley responded, thoroughly shocked by her decision.

"I'm moving in this Saturday."

"Wait, what about me? You can't leave me in some hotel, you know how freaked out I get about them. I might as well be OCD when it comes to those beds."

"You'll be staying at the house as well."

"Any chance that I'll be sharing a bed with you."

"Depends," she told him coyly.

"Oh really? And on what would that be?"

"If you could handle the glares from Remus, Sirius, and James."

"You make them sound so lethal."

"Riley, you and I never worked out anyway."

"True, but you have to admit that it's great shag."

"Yeah, it really is."

"Shame."

"True."

"Okay, let's go watch the telly. There might be a good movie on to distract me from thoughts about our sex life."

"Lead the way."

--

author's note: what did you think???

so what do you think of riley?

-->