Unofficial Portkey Archive

The One that he Pushed Away by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The One that he Pushed Away

cosmopolitan411

Disclaimer: idea's that Rowling girl's.

--

The one that he pushed away

--

Summary: she had loved him, but he broke her heart so many times that it dissipated to a point that all she felt when it came to him was pain. He hurt her so many times and she finally got up the courage to leave him… but she did so with something of his.

--

Chapter XIII: moving day

--

Previously:

"I cannot believe it that was actually the best grilled cheese sandwich that I have ever had."

"Told you so."

"Thank you," she told him as she lent forward to kiss his cheek. Riley however had different ideas and turned his head just in time to capture her lips. Once he finally let her go all she could do was breath out, "for everything," before making her way to her room.

--

Lily's apartment

Next day

"Moving day"

"Wakey, wakey," Lily chanted as she jumped up and down on Riley's bed in an attempt to wake him up. "Oh come on Riley, I need you to lift boxes, this is the first time you're actually indispensable to me," she yelled out in an exasperated voice when he refused to wake.

Instead Riley grabbed her and pulled her down so that she was lying next to him, held down by his arm that was sprawled across her body holding her securely in place. "Sleep," was the only word she got out of him, and even that came out as more of a grunt then anything else.

"Come on Riley I need your help. I thought you wanted to woo me, what better opportunity than to display your super-strength with your amazing lifting skills?" she attempted to flirtatiously goad him out of bed.

"You're not worth that much effort."

"Gee, now I feel special."

"Just being truthful love."

"Yeah, well maybe I don't like it."

"Fine, I'm getting up."

"YAY!"

"No screaming please, it'll give me a migraine."

"Well aren't you a charmer."

"I like to think so," he told her as he saucily shook his ass in jest on his way to the bathroom.

--

Marauder's residence

"Hey mate," Sirius greeted James while walking into the kitchen yawning, "why are you up so early?"

"Lily's moving in today, we all have to meet up with her in an hour, remember? It's also the reason why you're up this early."

"I was wondering why my alarm went off."

"You're an idiot."

"That's coming from the guy that was gullible enough to believe that the Chinese place ran out of Chinese food," Remus quipped as he walked into the kitchen.

"You'll never let me live that one down will you?"

"Nope, it'll remain a staple in our lives forever, a constant reminder of the extent of your brilliance."

"Wanker," James bitterly muttered.

"Actually, I believe that it's you that hasn't had a proper shag in ages, I on the other hand am very well taken care of."

"Since when?" Sirius asked.

"His name's Alex, I met her at the three broomsticks while I was out with a few mates from work."

"He hot?"

"Very, also a werewolf rights activist."

"Seems like you've found yourself the perfect bloke then mate."

"I like him."

"Okay, gossip time is officially over, we have to go to Lily's to help her with her stuff," James interrupted.

"Pushy," Sirius teased him.

--

Lily's apartment

11:30…

Knock, knock

Riley opened the door to reveal three men that he could only assume were Lily's soon-to-be roommates.

"Hi, I'm Riley, Lily's current houseguest," he introduced himself.

"I'm Remus, this is James, and the lazy bum over there that's half asleep is Sirius," he greeted him as they all shook hands.

"Riley, are the guys here yet?!" they heard Lily yell through the apartment.

"And our slave driver calls us," he joked as he showed them to the room from where Lily was calling.

--

The entire day was spent moving boxes and organizing things in the house, by the end of the day the group only had energy to lounge around the living room.

"I hate moving, I hate you James," Lily groaned from her position on the couch,

"Why?"

"Because you made me move, which led to this whole thing."

"Oh please, you love it here."

"You sure about that?" she challenged him.

"You're so picky, too high maintenance."

"I'm glad that the two of you are acting like such mature adults," Remus commented sarcastically.

"Piss off," James told him good-humouredly.

"So who's the guy Lils?" Sirius asked her, voicing the question that was on everyone's mind.

"Riley?"

"Yeah, what's the story with him?"

"Nothing much, we used to date, sometimes hook-up. He's a great friend above all else."

"Wait… is that Mr. Eight Months?"

"Yep, the one and only."

"What does he mean by Mr. Eight Months?" James asked.

"We dated for that long."

"I thought that you said that you two just hooked up sometimes," commented a confused Remus.

"We did, after the break up."

"You, my dear, have an awfully confusing love life."

"So what's going on with you two now?" Sirius asked.

"Nothing much, I don't know, we might become more. Can we stop talking about this?"

"Sure," James told her.

After a few minutes of silence Lily finally got up, "Listen I have to go do something, I'll see you guys in the morning. Good night."

"Sweet dreams," they all told her.

--

Lily's room

She took out her two-way mirror in hopes of talking to Finn, "Finny-boy," she called out.

"How is my favorite girl? I've missed you so much, how's it going in that god awful country?" Finn greeted her; by his speed in getting to the mirror she could tell that he had probably been watching TV.

"I moved into a house filled with my ex-boyfriend and his two best friends."

"How does drama always seem to follow you?"

"First Riley and now you Finn? Am I really that much trouble?"

"Oh come on love, I know that it's not intentional; drama just always seems to make its way into your life."

"It makes me seem like such a prima-Donna."

"You're not. Why did you move in with them anyway?"

"Well, you know how I told James about Harry; he then offered to have us live with him so neither of us would ever have to be away from him due to shared custody. If not, we both be away from him for an entire week."

"I guess that that makes sense," Finn told her in an unconvinced voice.

"I'm screwing myself over, aren't I?" she groaned.

"I don't know, it's you. You're totally unpredictable; a bloody spitfire. I fear for the bloke who marries you."

"Gee thanks," she told him in a dead pan voice. "You know everyone keeps asking me if I'm still in love with him."

"Well are you?"

"I don't know," she groaned in frustration.

"Lily, do you still love him? Don't give me all that bull shit; I won't deal with your self-pity if you're not at least being totally honest with me and yourself," he told her in a surprisingly stern voice that expressed his aggravation.

"I thought- I thought that I was only still in love with that connection we used to have, how good we were together. Yet now- now I'm not sure about anything anymore and it scares me."

"Do you love him Lily?"

"I- I don't want to."

"But do you?"

"I don't know."

"Damn it Lily," he yelled with an uncharacteristic frustration in his voice. "You do know, I know that you do, just admit it."

"I might," she meekly admitted, tear pouring down her face.

"How long?"

"I don't know if I ever stopped."

"Then there's one question left."

"What?"

"Can you still be with him regardless of everything that you have been through?"

"What happened to my wacky Finn that was just a drunken guy that didn't have the emotional capacity to be serious?" she asked, desperately trying to escape answering the question, as well as the conversation in general.

"He found the love of his life in the form of his best friend, one that he needs to support. Lils, you're my BFF, mates for life, now answer the question."

-->