Unofficial Portkey Archive

The One that he Pushed Away by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The One that he Pushed Away

cosmopolitan411

Disclaimer: this is it.

--

The one that he pushed away

--

Summary: she had loved him, but he broke her heart so many times that it dissipated to a point that all she felt when it came to him was pain. He hurt her so many times and she finally got up the courage to leave him… but she did so with something of his.

--

Chapter II: the new Lily

--

She sat there watching all of her friends having fun and laughing at the random events that had occurred throughout their friendship with Lily. She couldn't help, but dread the day that it would be over. Australia had become her home; she had become a new person there. Returning to Europe scared her; she honestly had no clue why she had ever even agreed to it.

--

Flashback:

"Evans, come and see me in my office," Brunswick called for her.

She slowly walked towards his office dreading the words that she would undoubtedly hear. Another speech regarding her irresponsibility and how she could get herself killed without a problem if she continued down the path that she was going.

"You wanted to see me sir," she said as she walked into his office and closed the door before taking a seat in the chair across from him.

"Yes, I wanted to talk to you about your performance as an auror-"

"Let me guess, I'm irresponsible, high strung, and have an early death wish. Does that cover it?" she asked him.

Brunswick couldn't help, but be amused by her quick wit and how she had immediately assumed that he was referring to the negative aspects regarding her work. "Regardless of how true those words may be, no, this meeting is not in regards to your behavior."

"Then what's it about?"

"I am extremely good friends with Alistair Moody, whom you may recognize as-"

"The head of the auror department in England, yes I know, but what does that have to do with me?"

"You're a stubborn Sheila, won't let me get a word I, will you?"

Lily couldn't help, but blush at his words before muttering a quick apology.

"It's alright; I'm used to it by now. Anyway, as I was saying, Moody and I are good friends and he happens to be in need of a replacement as head of the auror department. He wants two, one from his own department and one from here. I recommended you for the position. Now the only question is whether or not you are willing to take on the responsibility."

"Oh, wow. I mean- I don't know-"

"There's a raise Lily, and they will also supply you with a personal nanny to care for Harry during the day. Plus, Dumbledore also personally recommended you for the position when Moody asked him about you."

"Dumbledore?"

"Yeah, one of the only opinions Moody actually listens to," Brunswick told her with a deep chuckle.

"Oh, wow. Dumbledore," she couldn't say no now, no matter the location she owed Dumbledore for everything that she had accomplished. He had helped her when she was eighteen and pregnant, if he believed that she was the one for the job she couldn't just throw it back in his face and let him down after all the time that he had spent helping her.

"So what will it be? Do you want more time to mull it over?"

"Um, no. I think that I'll take the offer."

"Perfect, so-" after those words she tuned out to what he was saying. She couldn't believe that she was actually returning to England. No that she had lived in Australia that long (only two years), but throughout that short time period she had changed so much. She felt like a totally different person. Having Harry had given her so much more strength, he had helped reform her. In her constant strive to be a proper mother she had become a person that she was finally content with. The prospect of returning to England felt so weird to her. That was the home of the old Lily, James' Lily. Now she was Harry's Lily, and she was no longer sure as to whether or not she even belonged in England anymore. She didn't even love the country anymore.

"So everything's set, in a month you'll be living in England again," Brunswick told her, and in turn regaining her attention.

"Wow, only a month?"

End flashback

--

"I still can't believe that you dear Lilykins is leaving us for a gloomy country like England, its sacrilege I tell you!" Riley exclaimed.

"I honestly can't imagine life with our little Sheila," Finn cried out.

"Neither can I, hold me Finn!" Riley dramatically cried as the two threw their arms around one another.

"Oy, don't be so over dramatic," Lily told them through her laughter.

"They're right Lily, I can't believe that you're doing his for some cocky old headmaster of yours," Rosemary told her.

"He helped me o much, I don't want to let him down. If he thinks that I'm up for the job I have to try, I owe him that much. Anyway, he usually knows me better then I know myself."

"But life will be so dreary without you love," Finn cried.

"You could always visit me Finn."

"You have to promise to stay in touch. No matter what, we stay friends, deal?"

"Of course. Anyway, you've still got me for another week. So how about we make the best of our time together," she told Riley as she pulled him onto the dance floor and Rosemary followed suit with Finn.

--

Lily's house:

When she walked into her house (if you could even call a thing that large a house) she saw Maria playing with Harry.

When Maria saw Lily walk in she dropped the toy that she had been holding, "oh, Ms. Evans, I'm sorry that he's still up. I know that it's three in the morning, but it's just that he's a but restless- and then you guys are leaving in a week, so I wanted to have some fun before that- I promise that it's never happened before."

"It's fine Maria, you always look out for his best interest, I trust you. You never have to explain yourself with me. Having a person as responsible as you to care for my son is one pf the things that I'll miss most about Australia."

"Thank you Ms. Evans."

"You should probably stay here for the night if you want to get a good night sleep."

"No, MS. Evans, I couldn't-"

"You will; there's no point in leaving so late at night."

"Okay, thank you," Maria said as she walked towards Harry's room with the boy in tow.

"oh and Maria," Lily called out, causing Maria to turn around when she was at the doorway, "I really hate that after two years you still call me Ms. Evans, please just humor me, don't make me feel old, call me Lily like everyone else."

Maria laughed as she nodded in accordance to Lily's request, "good night Lily."

"Thank you and good night."

--

Next morning:

Lily sat on the couch talking to Harry, "since we are moving to England you'll be able to attend Hogwarts rather the Andover. That is a great thing because Dumbledore is just about the most amazing wizard that you will ever have the honor to meet. You remember him don't you? I know that the last time you saw him was a year ago so you probably forgot, but he is the kindest man I have ever met."

Harry stirred in her arms and she couldn't help, but smile as she looked at the sleeping figure she was holding. Looking at Harry, she couldn't help, but reminisce about the day that she had learned of her pregnancy.

--

Flashback:

"Hello Ms. Evans, how may I help you?" asked the nurse from the school hospital wing.

"Um, yeah. I've been feeling a bit sick lately and I can't seem to keep anything I eat down."

"Okay, well let's see what we can do hopefully it's just a flu."

After performing a few spells on her as a routine check up Ms. Beckman's eyebrows shot up.

"What? What is it?" asked an alarmed Lily when she saw the woman's reaction.

"Ms. Evans, you're pregnant."

At those words Lily fainted.

--

Three hours later:

Once Lily regained consciousness she knew that she had to talk to someone about what she had just learned.

"Ms. Evans, what a pleasant surprise. Is there anything that I can help you with?" Dumbledore asked as he saw Lily walk into his office.

"I need advice."

"Well students have commended me for my particular talent in that area in the past."

"I'm pregnant and I don't know what to do," she blurted out.

Dumbledore appeared shocked by that statement, but he quickly regained control of himself and the surprise quickly subsided, "well the good news is that there is only one week of school left."

"I know, it's such a relief that this didn't happen sooner, but my boyfriend and I also just broke up two weeks ago. I really don't know what to do. My parents will undoubtedly kick me out of the house."

"Have you had any job offers Ms. Evans?"

"Yes, for the auror programs in England Australia, and France."

"Which one do you prefer?"

"The one in Australia, I really want to just leave England."

"well Ms. Evans, under the conditions that you inform your parents of you pregnancy and that you remain in touch with me throughout this entire process I will gladly assist you by supplying you with a house in which you can live for however long you may deem it necessary."

"Professor, I couldn't. It's too much on your part, this isn't your responsibility."

"You are one of my dearest students Lily, it is my responsibility. Plus, it's a summer house which I rarely visit anyway. Therefore you will accept the offer because I need to be sure that you are in a safe environment as well as your child."

"Thank you sir, thank you so much."

End flashback

--

She had remained in that house for a year before she had finally managed to save up the money in order to buy a proper house for Harry. She owed that man everything; her son had lived the life that he deserved because of him. Without him she honestly didn't want to think of what would have happened.

"Six more days and I'll be in England once again."

--

Author's note: so who do you think will be Lily's partner?

Please review

-->