Unofficial Portkey Archive

The One that he Pushed Away by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The One that he Pushed Away

cosmopolitan411

Disclaimer: idea's that Rowling girl's.

And since this chapter has a song u should be aware that I am musically inept… so yeah not mine (it's "your ex-lover is dead" by the stars)

--

The one that he pushed away

--

Summary: she had loved him, but he broke her heart so many times that it dissipated to a point that all she felt when it came to him was pain. He hurt her so many times and she finally got up the courage to leave him… but she did so with something of his.

--

Chapter XX: perfect?

--

"But what about Riley?"

"She's staying with him."

"What do you think about it?"

"Riley's a great guy, I can't deny it, he's one of the nicest people I've ever met, which is going to make me feel a lot guiltier when I get her back."

--

I'm going to tell him, I have to, he deserves to know, she kept on telling herself on her walk towards the park, but as soon as she saw it all comprehensible thoughts left her mind. She stood in awe of the sight before her, frozen in her spot. In front of her favorite Peter Pan statue was a table at which Riley stood, but around the area were candles that were floating in the air, contrasting beautifully with the dark evening sky.

"Riley," was all that she managed to choke out.

"So do you like it?" he asked her nervously.

"It's beautiful, but you didn't need to go through all of this trouble for me."

"Lils, it's you. My best mate, my girlfriend, of course I did."

"You're too good to me," she whispered before kissing him.

"Come on, let's eat," he told her once they broke away when air was necessary, and helped her into her seat before lifting the cover off of her plate.

"Manicotti!" she exclaimed as soon as she saw her beloved Italian delight.

"When we were on that group date you never had a chance to finish yours because I had to leave early, so I though I'd try to make it up to you."

"Riley, this is all so much."

"Well, I kind of had an important question to ask you."

"What is it?" Lily asked him, hyperventilating inside, wondering if he was about to ask her what she thought he was.

--

Marauders' residence

8 p.m.

"Where's Lily?" Sirius asked Remus as they sat on the couch playing with Harry.

"She won't be back for a while. Harry! Don't eat the quidditch player, come on give him back to me," Remus begged as he wrestled with the kid for the toy.

"Oh relax, I ate things I shouldn't have all the time as a kid and I'm still alive."

"Well, it's not his life, but mental health that I'm worried about now."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!"

"Got it!" Remus laughed as he finally managed to pry the toy away from Harry.

"You realize you just did a little cheer after beating up a two year old kid… and you say that it's my sanity you're worried about."

"Oh, leave me alone, at least I saved the bloody kid's life. He should be fucking thanking me, not spitting up on me."

"Merlin you're great with kids, you know that," Sirius teased him as he took Harry from Remus and began cleaning up after the little kid before putting him to sleep on the crib by the couch. "Wow you know what I just realized?"

"What?"

"You never told me why Lily won't be back home for a while."

"She's out with Riley."

"But I thought that he was still in France."

"Came back early to surprise her. You know his owl's name is Fish? How odd is that of a name for an owl?"

"It is? Why would he name it Fish?"

"He thought that it'd be funny if he could convince his owl that it's not in fact an owl, but a fish."

"That's bloody brilliant," Sirius roared with laughter. "Anyway, do you know when they'll be back?"

"Not sure."

"Do you know anything about their relationship?"

"I take it that she still won't really talk to you."

"No, she does, and as a friend and everything, but still, it's not like before."

"Well, you can't just go back in time."

"I know… but… I just thought that we'd be able to find our way back. I mean, why is it so easy to forgive you, but not me? No offense, but as close as she may have been with you during school, it wasn't like with me. You two would gossip, but she and I, we really talked."

"None taken, but didn't you ever think that maybe it's harder to forgive you because she was closest with you. That was the biggest betrayal of all to her. It wasn't so much that you didn't tell her, but that you let her stay in that relationship."

"I need her back Remus. I love her; life without her just isn't the same, it's like it's not complete. I know that it sounds like total shit, but it's true. It's sadly sappy and true."

"I know you do, but if you want a change you're going to have to go for it, not try tot go through Riley to get to her."

"I haven't been using Riley, I really like him."

"You do? Why?"

"What do you mean? He's a great guy, you really don't think so?"

"He's just too perfect."

"I know… I usually hate guys like that, but there's just something about him… maybe he's so perfect that he's imperfect, that you like him? I don't know, I'm confusing myself, but even James likes him."

"He does?"

"Yeah, just not as Lily's boyfriend."

Remus laughed, "That sounds like something James would say."

They both sat in a comfortable silence before Sirius interrupted it, "He wants her back."

"Has he told you that?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what do you want to do about it?"

"I think we should let them be this time; let them find their way back to one another without our interference."

"Maybe you're right."

"Moony, I think that's the first time that I've ever heard you utter those words to me. It's like a Christmas miracle… minus the Christmas."

"Well what can I say? You did what the tin man in the Wizard of OZ couldn't do, you finally got a brain."

--

The park

"I was wondering if you'd like me to move here, to be with you. You know, to give us a real shot, not just some long distance thing."

Lily sat in a shocked silence before finally chocking out, "Riley-"

"Wait, just hear me out Lils. I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I'm willing to wait however long I have to in order for you to realize that we belong together-"

"Riley, stop," she cried. "I love you, I really do, and I may even be in love with you-"

"Then what's the problem?" he asked gleefully, ecstatic from her confession.

"You're so perfect-"

"I wouldn't say I'm perfect, I have tons of flaws-"

"But you are, you're so perfect, so good, and I wish- you're the guy that I wish was the love of my life," she cried.

"I don't- I don't understand."

"We would be good together Riley, I can't deny that, but- but we don't belong together."

"Come on Lily, you can't possibly mean that-"

"But I do, I'm sorry Riley," she sobbed as she got up and kissed him on the cheek before hastily leaving the park, desperately trying to leave before a whole new wave of tears took over her.

--

Marauders' residence

9 p.m.

"Hey Lils," the group greeted her as soon as she entered the house.

"Hi," she monotonously responded before pleasing a chaste kiss on her sleeping son's forehead before leaving the room.

Once she entered her room she broke down in an uncontrollable fit of tears, only to be interrupted by a knocking on her window. She opened it to see Fish extending his leg to her so she could take the parcel.

Lils,

I love you, I always have and I think that I always will, but I think- I think that the great thing about our relationship is that we are mates above all else, and I think I can change it so it's more brotherly (just give me some time, I promise that I'll write you, I just need some time to get over you). I mean, I get it, I get why you ended it, you wouldn't do it unless you really believed that we were for one another, you always were the smart one, so here I am following you lead.

Forever yours (as just a brother, I promise)

Riley.

p.s. I know I always used to tease you about having a song for every relationship, but I get it now… in some weird way it's therapeutic, like finally getting closure and something to commemorate it with.

Well, here's your closure love, it's in the CD attached.

She quickly took the CD from the package and placed it in her CD player, lying in bed as she listened to the soft lyrics.

God that was strange to see you again
Introduced by a friend of a friend
Smiled and said 'yes I think we've met before'
In that instant it started to pour,
Captured a taxi despite all the rain
We drove in silence across pont champlain
And all of the time you thought I was sad
I was trying to remember your name...

This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin
Tried to reach deep but you couldn't get in
Now you're outside me
You see all the beauty
Repent all your sin

It's nothing but time and a face that you lose
I chose to feel it and you couldn't chose
I'll write you a postcard
I'll send you the news
From a house down the road from real love...

Live through this, and you won't look back...
Live through this, and you won't look back...
Live through this, and you won't look back...

There's one thing I want to say, so I'll be brave
You were what I wanted
I gave what I gave
I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over
I'm not sorry there's nothing to say

I'm not sorry there's nothing to say...

As soon as the song ended and she was able to stop crying she took out a parchment and wrote him back.

Riley,

No matter how much you deny it, you really are perfect. You even know the perfect song.

Thank you. I'll wait for you,

Lily.

--

Author's note: there you go, the end of Riley, hope you liked it. please give feedback on the ending, I could really use it, I need to know if people liked it

-->