Unofficial Portkey Archive

The One that he Pushed Away by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The One that he Pushed Away

cosmopolitan411

Disclaimer: idea's that Rowling girl's.

--

The one that he pushed away

--

Summary: she had loved him, but he broke her heart so many times that it dissipated to a point that all she felt when it came to him was pain. He hurt her so many times and she finally got up the courage to leave him… but she did so with something of his.

--

Chapter X: meeting with my baby's daddy

--

Previously:

He didn't know what to do. He knew that she would tolerate him and even be around him whenever need be. He couldn't help, but be excited about the prospect, but he also knew that she deserved better then him. It seemed as thought all that he was ever good at was screwing up her life. He wanted to be that good guy, the guy that deserved her, the one that was her equal, but he didn't know if he could be that guy.

He held the coin in his hand, "heads, I give it another go. Tails, we become good friends, nothing more," he muttered to himself as he threw the coin in the air.

--

Lily's apartment

7pm

Knock, knock

"Coming," Lily yelled as she ran to the door while zipping up her skirt. When she opened the door she froze from shock. When she finally regained consciousness she immediately lunged towards the person standing at the doorway, hugging him for dear life.

"Calm down love, I know I'm hot, but don't ruin the hair because of it."

"Riley, I've missed you so much! What are you doing here?"

"I have some business in England for the next month or so and I figured I'd visit my favorite Sheila in the process."

"You need a place to stay, don't you?" she asked him in a deadpanned voice.

"You know how much I hate hotels. You never know who slept in the beds before you, much less what they did in it."

"There's always room for you, don't worry about it."

"Anyway, now that that's all cleared up, where are you heading out to looking all sexy like that?"

"I'm meeting with Harry's father."

"Oh, wow," Riley had been the only one that she had told about what had really gone on with James. He was the only one not to receive the cliff notes version, and right about now she really didn't know if that was a good thing.

"I already told him about Harry, they met and everything. Now all we need to do is discuss the logistics."

"Logistics?"

"Like when he'll have Harry and when I will."

"Sounds awfully like a business deal."

"Oh shut up you bloody wanker. How else could I possibly describe it anyway?"

"You know I'm really feeling the love here, but I do have to give my congratulations."

"And why would that be?"

"You've only been here for a month and there's already drama, kudos, that's what I call natural talent."

"You're such an ass."

"I do have a rather nice one, don't I? Anyway, where's Harry? I've missed the little tyke."

"Down the hall, last door to the right, but he's taking a nap right now. Oh, and your room will be the one right next to it."

"And here I thought that I'd be sharing with you,' Riley said while wiggling his eyebrows suggestively at her.

In Australia he had been that long term relationship, they had dated for eight months until she received the notice requesting that she take place as head of the auror department in England. Their relationship was a turbulent one, to say the least. They loved to fight, they were always breaking up and getting back together, it was a show to watch.

"Sorry to disappoint, but not a chance honey. Would you look at the time, I have to go, the nanny will be here any minute, she has a key so don't be worried when a perky blonde named Amber waltzes in."

"Got it, and good luck."

"Thanks, I'll need it," she told him as she quickly put on her shoes and made her way out the apartment.

--

Luigi's

8pm

"Hello, I have a reservation under the name Evans for two," Lily told the maitre d' once she entered the restaurant.

"Ah, yes," the man told her as he looked into his book, "I'm afraid that your companion has yet to arrive, but Brian will lead you to your table," the maitre d' told her as he redirected her attention to a man on his right.

"Thank you," she told Brian as he led her to her table and placed to menus before the seats.

"Would you like a drink while you wait?"

"Yes, can I have a scotch neat please?"

"Of course, I'll go prepare it for you."

"Hey Lily, sorry I'm late," James told her as he took his seat across from her.

"No problem, I just got here anyway."

"What do you say about ordering our food and then we can discuss Harry."

"Sounds like a plan," she told him with a smile.

--

Once the food arrived…

"I didn't want to hurt you, I really loved you, I was an idiot Lils. You deserved better," James blurted out in a futile attempt to explain his prior intercessions.

"You're right I did," she replied stonily.

"I know that I've told you all of this before, but I need you to hear the rest."

"What is it James?" asked an exasperated Lily.

It suddenly felt so real, the reality of the fact that the coin had landed on tails was suddenly coming to him, overwhelming him. He had never thought that they weren't meant to be, he had always thought that even if he had royally screwed up they were meant for one another, whether or not they wanted to admit it. Maybe it was fate, maybe it was just a coincidence, but in the end it was all that he had to rely on.

"I still love you, and I think that I always will, but like I said you deserve better, so I promise that I won't try anything. I just want to be friends… hopefully good friends."

"Thanks James, it means a lot to me," she smiled meekly.

"I really am sorry and I want to prove it to you."

"Forget it James, it's not important," she told him, waving it off. "Let's just talk about Harry, that's why we're here anyway. We really need to sort out some sort of schedule," Lily told him, not so inconspicuously diverting from the topic at hand.

"Actually, there was something that I wanted to ask about that. I know that it's a little farfetched and you're free to say no, but just hear me out."

"Shoot."

"I want to be a real family; I want you two to move in with me-"

"James-"

"No, listen, just hear me out first."

"Okay."

"I have a house in which I live with Sirius and Remus. You two can have your own rooms and everything, I won't try anything. I just think that this might be better since neither of us will ever have to be away from him. He won't have to alternate between homes every other week."

"I'll think about it, just please give me some time to mull it over."

--

author's note: I know that these chapters feel a bit rushed, and I totally understand why you feel that way and will try to work on that in the chapters that I don't already have written, but until then just please be patient with me and try to understand that these chapters are just meant to ease people into the situation…

she does have her reason for easily forgiving people: James… the one that's hardest to believe… like I said in the fic, it's all for her son… she wants him to have a real family

-->