Unofficial Portkey Archive

The One that he Pushed Away by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The One that he Pushed Away

cosmopolitan411

Disclaimer: idea's that Rowling girl's.

--

The one that he pushed away

--

Summary: she had loved him, but he broke her heart so many times that it dissipated to a point that all she felt when it came to him was pain. He hurt her so many times and she finally got up the courage to leave him… but she did so with something of his.

--

Chapter XV: "all in"

--

Previously:

"Do you love him Lily?"

"I don't know."

"Damn it Lily," he yelled with an uncharacteristic frustration in his voice. "You do know, I know that you do, just admit it."

"I might," she meekly admitted, tear pouring down her face.

"Can you still be with him regardless of everything that you have been through?"

--

Sunday

Lunch with Riley

1pm

"Hey," she greeted Riley as she walked towards the table

"Well aren't you looking sexy today," he winked at her as he got up and helped her into her seat.

"So chivalry isn't dead, it's just horny," she teased him.

"Hey! I'm trying to woo you here and you're kind of ruining the mood, darling."

"You know, reprimanding a girl doesn't make you come off as very desirable."

"So picky."

"So how'd the business meeting go?"

"We bought it; the newspaper was a total steal."

"Congratulations. When's the waiter coming?"

"I already ordered for us."

"You did?"

"Well considering that you've been getting the same thing every time we go to a Thai restaurant for the past two years, it wasn't that hard to make a choice. Plus, I know how impatient you are when it comes to waiting for food."

"Thanks."

"So you won't believe what I saw today."

"What?"

"Your nanny."

"Amber?"

"Yeah, perky girl; I saw her with her boyfriend."

At that exact moment the waiter arrived with their food.

"Thank you," Lily and Riley simultaneously told him as he placed the food in front of them.

"Anyway, let me guess her boyfriend was a preppy boy decked out in Lacoste."

"Nope."

"No?"

"Rocker, tattoos all over, very reminiscent of Travis Barker from Blink 182, except for the fact that he wasn't a stick, but pretty buff… had a green Mohawk though."

"No way!"

"That was my reaction too, but it's true"

"Wow! Who would have guessed?"

"My only question is how does he put up with all of the pink?"

"I don't know. She was telling me about the color scheme for her new apartment and it's white and various shades of pink. That's just not the type of place I could imagine her boyfriend in."

"Well I guess to each their own."

"She is pretty."

"True," after that there was an awkward silence during which they both focused on their food.

"How is it that neither of us have anything else to talk about?"

"Because we didn't have work today- well I did, but my job is boring."

"Oh please, you love it."

"I never said that I didn't like it, I just happen to be a very boring person."

"You know you're one of my best friends."

"Well that's not random at all."

She smiled, "I was thinking about it last night. Without you and Finn I don't know how I would have made it throughout these past two years. You guys were always there for me, helping me, staying by my side whenever I needed to wallow. I just… I wanted to thank you."

"It's not a big deal, that's the kind of thing you do for a person you love."

"I love you too, you know that right?"

"It's always nice to have a little reassurance."

"It's also why I wanted to tell you…"

--

"I don't know if I can still be with him," she cried into the mirror. "All I know is that I can't handle the heartache again."

Finn sighed, "What are you going to do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well there are two choices: a. get back together with James or b. finally allow someone to get close to you. So which is it?"

"But I do let people get close to me."

"No you don't, not really. You let them in just enough do that they can't break your heart because at that distance they can never truly have it anyway."

"I want to."

"I know, it's hard, I won't deny it, but you've got to get past this Lily. You've got to move on."

--

"Which is also why I wanted to tell you that I'm ready."

"You're ready?" he asked her, totally confused as to what she was referring to.

"I'm ready to go all in, really give it a shot," she told him as he placed her hand on top of his.

"Really?"

"Really," she reassured him.

"I think that this is officially my favorite restaurant," he told her in a dazed state of happiness.

"I think I like it too."

"So you're not going to change your mind?"

"No-" but before she could finish her thought he had shot up from his seat, pulled her up, and kissed her.

"I love you Lily," he huskily whispered into her ear. "I know that you're not in love with me, but you should know that I plan on changing that."

--

Marauder's residence

"You're teaching him to love quidditch at this age? Isn't that a bit too soon?" Remus asked James as he walked into the living room only to see a full-blown miniature quidditch match, taking place before Harry, who was sitting on James' lap.

"I don't see why not."

"Well don't you think that he's a bit young? What if he doesn't even like quidditch that much?"

A squeal of delight was emitted from Harry.

"I'll take that as reassurance that such a travesty has not occurred," James smirked.

"Wow, this is so cool!" Lily exclaimed as she entered the room.

"You too?" Remus whined.

"Me, what?"

"You're encouraging this; it's not good for Harry's development to watch such a volatile sport. I mean look at Croatia's number 13; he just pushed France's number 2 off his broom. Aren't mothers supposed to be all responsible and keep their children from seeing violence?"

"Are you saying that I'm a bad mother?"

"What? No- I only meant-"

"Relax Remus, I was only joking."

"Well you can't blame him for thinking that you were serious, everyone knows about that temper of yours. It never took much for you to become cross with someone," James quipped while bouncing little Harry on his knee.

"I would hit you if it weren't for the fact that you're holding Harry right now," she told him as she made her way to him and took her son from him to greet him.

She kissed Harry as soon as she got him into her arms, right before slapping James upside the head.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"You're not holding Harry anymore," she told him simply.

"Only a testament to your fiery, red-headed temper," Remus teased her.

"You're both so mean to me!"

"This is coming from the girl that just hit me."

"Oh shush you," she told him as she made her way towards the stairs.

"Look at that, she's only been living here for two days James and she's already bossing us around," Remus told him loud enough so he'd be sure that Lily could hear his comment.

"She's horrid," James smiled.

-->