Unofficial Portkey Archive

The One that he Pushed Away by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The One that he Pushed Away

cosmopolitan411

Disclaimer: idea's that Rowling girl's.

--

The one that he pushed away

--

Summary: she had loved him, but he broke her heart so many times that it dissipated to a point that all she felt when it came to him was pain. He hurt her so many times and she finally got up the courage to leave him… but she did so with something of his.

--

Chapter XXIII: can I get my happy ending?

--

"Oh my god," she exclaimed once she saw the room.

The room was set up exactly like the muggle pizzeria from their first date, "I even cooked pizza," he told her nervously. "I thought that maybe we could start over, from scratch."

"I'd like that," she told him as he helped her into her seat.

--

"So you're really dating him? Like full on disgustingly cute couple together?" Finn repeated, checking if he had heard correctly after Lily had admitted to the fact that she was officially in love with her boyfriend of three months.

"Yeah… so what do you think?"

"I don't know. It's your life, not mine."

"I know, but I need your opinion. You're always brutally honest with me."

"You claim that he makes you happier than you've ever been, well that's all I've ever wanted for you, you deserve to be happy."

"I love you so much Fin-Fin."

"Same here love."

"So, what's going on on your side of the world?"

"Booze and more booze with a few lady friends thrown in here and there, you know, the usual."

"You're such a man whore."

"I never promise those girls anything, nor do I ever give them a reason to have hope for more as far as I am concerned. I make my intentions perfectly clear before starting anything."

"I still think you'll find that special someone one day."

"And I want that at some point, I just hope that it won't be too soon because I'm really just not ready for that right now. I'd probably treat her like total shite."

"Don't sell yourself too short though, any girl would be lucky to have you in her life, and I'm speaking from experience."

"Thanks, but right now I'm just way too immature for something like that-"

"Whatever you say Finn, I still think it's total shit."

"We're never going to find a common ground, are we?"

"It's okay. You're a guy; your stupidity is expected."

"This is coming from the girl that walks into walls on a daily basis."

"I'm tired and all bleary eyed in the morning, it's not my fault!" she protested.

"Doesn't change the fact that you walk into them love."

"You're so mean to me!"

"Only brutally honest. I thought you liked that about me."

"Shut up, I have to go anyway."

"So should I, I have a meeting in three minutes."

"Bye sexy!"

"Bye hot-mama!"

"You sound like a bloody yank whenever you say that."

"Hey, that's mean! I'm going to-"

"Bye Finn," she told him as she cut off his rant by hanging up on him.

--

Next day

"How's my little boy?" she asked him as she picked him up off of Sirius' lap.

"Mama, Hawy learn wod!" the toddler exclaimed as she held him.

"Oh really, and what would that be?"

"SEX!"

"Sirius, what did you do to my son?" she asked him as she placed Harry in his play pen before advancing toward Sirius.

"Lily, you were going to have the talk with him someday. If you think about it, I was actually helping you," he defended, as he backed away from her.

"Teach my son-"

Knock, knock

"This is not over," she promised him as she walked to the door to let the person in.

"Well is it isn't my favorite girl," a voice greeted her as she opened it.

--

"So how's it going with Lily?" Remus asked James as the two were shopping for things for Sirius' impending birthday.

"It's great; I haven't fucked up yet which is a miracle in itself."

"You're pathetic," Remus laughed at his friend's pride over the statement.

"It's true, I have this inane tendency to screw everything up, you've seen it before. With her- I haven't looked at another girl since we got back together. I love her. I love that she walks into walls in the morning because she hasn't had her coffee yet and can't be bothered to look where she's going. I love that she gets along with my mates so well. I love that she is so bloody insecure and indecisive to the point that you just want to strangle her and tell her to make up her mind already… I just, I knew that I needed her, I just never realized how much. She makes me want to be a better person."

"You've turned into a bloody wanker."

"Yeah, I have, that's the one downside to it all."

"But I'm glad that you two are working it out… you two just somehow make sense… I don't know why, but it's like everything you lack, she has, and vice versa."

"It just won't be easy."

"Things never are as far as you and Lily are concerned. You're both too hot tempered and have way too much pride. That's probably your only similarity."

"For the first time, I want to work for it. I'm going all in Moony, and it feels good."

"Fucking wanker," Remus muttered after the last statement.

"This is coming from the guy that is head over heals for Sirius."

"Shut up and let's call a truce."

--

"Finn, what are you doing here?" she asked him as she lunged towards him, pulling him into a tight hug.

"I wanted to see you, I missed you."

"It's been way too long."

"It has. I can't make it without my ickle, fickle Lilykins."

"Lily, who is it?" Sirius asked as he walked towards the door.

"Sirius, I want you to meet my best friend, Finn," she introduced them.

"'Ello ole chap," Remus greeted him in a faux English accent, before returning to his own, "Sorry, I've just always wanted to do that. You always see them say that in the films."

"Idiot," Lily teased him.

"Actually, I thought it was pretty funny Lils, especially with the heavy Aussie accent to boot," Sirius quipped.

"That's because you're also an idiot. It's like tweedle-dumb and tweedle-dee, finally united."

"No need to be cruel Lils," Finn reprimanded her.

"She makes me want to cry," Sirius complained.

"I know, she's been making me feel like I was about to cry as well for about two and a half years now," Finn complained.

"Nine years for me," Sirius told him as the two shared purposefully a sympathetic look of understanding, well aware of what Lily's reaction to it would be.

"I'm right here you know," Lily complained.

"Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship," Finn told him as he clapped Sirius on the back.

"That's from that film that you made us watch a few nights ago, right?" Sirius asked Lily I regards to what Finn had just said.

"Oh, so now you want to talk to me?! I don't think so. I'm not in the mood to talk to you, so deal!"

"Is that a no?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Oh Lils, get off it, you know you love it when I tease you," Finn smirked at her.

"Well you don't have to bring other people into it. I can't deal with another version of you, Sirius as bad enough as it is."

"Hey!" they two simultaneously protested.

"You tease me, I tease you," she smirked at them before walking away.

"Bloody hell I missed her," Finn exclaimed.

"Saucy little minx. What a tease."

--

6 p.m.

"Hey love," James greeted her with a kiss as he walked into Harry's room where she had just finished putting him to bed. She gently pushed him out of the room so that they were standing in the hallway and wouldn't disturb their son.

"Hey, I missed you," she told him, before pulling him towards her and kissing him passionately, never breaking apart until air was necessary.

"Bloody hell, I've been dying to do that all day. What do you say we go out to lunch, just the two of us?" James asked her.

"I can't, I have dinner plans with Finn."

"Lily," he eyed her dangerously, his infamous jealous streak making its way through, "Who's Finn?"

"A good mate of mine, no need too get so pissy. Strictly platonic, I promise. Plus, it's not like I'm the one that we should be worried about," she spat at him, bitter over his lack of trust.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well you don't exactly have the best track record as far as monogamy is concerned James."

"So it's back to that, is it?" James spat at her, angry with her for returning too that point in history and using it against him as if nothing had changed. "Grow up and move on Lily."

"Who are you to tell me that after you insinuated that I would cheat on you?"

"Well you're going out with-"

"Do you trust me James?"

"What? Of course I-"

"No you don't, and I'm sick of it. I don't want to fight with you, maybe it's be better if we just-"

"You're giving up again? I can't believe it! So what, it's over, just like that?"

"Yeah, I think it is," she told him quietly, head bowed, trying to hide the tears making way.

"You're crazy! You're bloody fucked in the head if you really mean that," James yelled at her, anger surging through his veins to the point that he no longer had control over himself.

"Yeah, well I guess you dated a crazy girl then, because I do mean it."

"Whatever, you want to screw it up, then go ahead and do it," he told her dismissively, eyes void of any emotion as he left her standing alone in the hallway.

--

Author's note: you didn't really think that it'd be smooth sailing after the last chapter, now did you?

Anyway,

Last chapter I only got four reviews. So please, I beg of you, do try to review… I honestly don't think I'm asking for much, it doesn't have to be long or anything, it's just that some feedback (good or bad) always helps.

-->