Unofficial Portkey Archive

The One that he Pushed Away by cosmopolitan411
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The One that he Pushed Away

cosmopolitan411

Disclaimer: idea's that Rowling girl's.

And since this chapter has a song u should be aware that I am musically inept… so yeah not mine (it's "Look what you've done" by Jet)

--

The one that he pushed away

--

Summary: she had loved him, but he broke her heart so many times that it dissipated to a point that all she felt when it came to him was pain. He hurt her so many times and she finally got up the courage to leave him… but she did so with something of his.

--

Chapter III: on the other side of the world

--

"Hey mate," Sirius greeted James as he walked into the pub, "where's the girlfriend?"

"We broke up."

"When?"

"This morning."

"Didn't really like her anyway, she couldn't ever shut up."

"Well she seemed to like me, as well as my money. She was especially fond of that," James told his friend as he quickly downed a shot.

"Honestly, have you ever dated a girl that wasn't interested in your money? And you better slow down with those; I don't want to have to carry your sorry as home tonight."

"There was one."

"There was one, what?"

"You have a really bad memory. There was one girl that I dated that wasn't interested in my money."

"Who?"

"Lily."

"James, you promised you'd stop talking about her."

"Well the topic came up."

Take my photo off the wall
if it just won't sing for you
'Cause all that's left has gone away
and there's nothing there for you to prove

They sat in silence until Sirius randomly started chuckling.

"What is it Padfoot?"

"It's just really ironic."

"What it?"

"The girl that you cheat on is the amazing one, that no other can compare to, but after you broke up and started dating other girls you stopped cheating. You didn't cheat on the annoying, bitchy girls what kind of logic is that?"

Oh, looks what you've done
you've made a fool of everyone
Oh well, it seems likes such fun
until you lose what you had won

"I still love her."

At that statement Sirius did a double take before sputtering, "What?"

"I still love her."

"I heard you, but that was two years ago, how can you still love her. I thought you just missed her."

Give me back my point of view
'Cause I just can't think for you
I can hardly hear you say
what should I do, well you choose

"You saw her Sirius. She was one of your friends. She was amazing, knew everything about quidditch, smart, witty, hot-"

"You cheated on her James."

"I know."

"Multiple times."

"You think that I don't regret it?!"

Oh, look what you've done
you've made a fool of everyone
Oh well, it seems likes such fun
until you lose what you had won

"All I'm saying is that you don't deserve to miss her. You broke her heart so many times James. You took the most amazing girl in school for granted-"

"I know, I know, okay? Stop berating me."

"No mate, I love you like a brother, but you fucked up. Every guy in school was jealous of you. There wasn't any one that wasn't attracted to Lily. It's like you said, she was smart, funny, hot, and knew her quidditch. And she loved you. Tons of guys asked her out even while you two were dating and she never gave them a second look. Yet you cheated on her, you threw it all away. So you know what? Get out of this stupid self pity because you had the most amazing girl in the world and you let her go. I'm not going to let you mope around when you don't deserve it."

Oh, look what you've done
you've made a fool of everyone
A fool of everyone
A fool of everyone

"What kind of friend doesn't even have some semblance of sympathy?"

"The good kind James. I loved her too you know," at James' alarmed expression after that comment he was forced to elaborate "oh please James, you know very well that it wasn't in the romantic sense. She was like a sister to me; I've never loved a girl as much as I loved her. She was irreplaceable and I still miss her, I still worry about her every day. I'm still scared that I'll never see her again, that I'll never get a chance to work for her forgiveness."

Take my photo off the wall
if it just won't sing for you
'Cause all that's left has gone away
and there's nothing there for you to do

"Why would she have to forgive you? You didn't cheat on her?"

"I knew. I knew that you were cheating on her and I didn't tell her."

"Does she know that?"

"Why do you think we haven't stayed in touch?"

"I never thought that she meant that much to you."

"We were friends way before you two started dating."

"I know, but I figured that since you let me ask her out-"

"Don't James- don't shift the blame onto me, I already feel guilty enough as it is, don't add to it."

"But why did you let me ask her out?"

"Honestly? I thought that you wouldn't do that to her, that you couldn't. I mean she is the perfect girl, I didn't think that it was possible to cheat on her."

Oh, look what you've done
You've made a fool of everyone
Oh well, it seems likes such fun
Until you lose what you had won

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Letting you down."

"It's not me that you should be saying that to."

"I know, but it's easier."

Oh, look what you've done
You've made a fool of everyone
A fool of everyone
A fool of everyone

--

--

author's note: just so you know, I am currently going to be updating this fic about 1 to 3 times a day because I have already posted it once before and just want to get it up to speed with my other fic (once I get to that point the review will be two times a week)

please review

it means so much to me

-->