Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

A/n- Thankies for all those beautiful reviews. You all know they mean the world to me. Now firstly, Draco Malfoy does not make an appearance here, and from the amount I've written , and I've written the next three chapters, I'm guessing he's appearing after the 16th chapter. But don't be disappointed, there will be enough Richard and Ginny to keep you all occupied and satisfied.

Secondly,Please don't worry, this one is not going the Richard/Ginny way. This character is very new, and not developed enough to give too much weightage. The maximum I will include him in the story will be to the extend of being a catalyst in…….. Oh my god, I'm giving the plot away.

Enjoy the chapter, and my best reviewer, will get a sneak preview at the next chapter. So leave me nice long reviews, and get a part of the next chapter, before it has been beta read or put up.

Ginny adjusted the thin strap of her dress, speculating whether or not she should carry a shawl. The evening air was rather cold, and being a Weasley came with an acute affinity to sprout Goosebumps. She gave a small smile, as she recalled the days, when as a child her mother had always bundled her up in blankets, even if Ginny gave out a smoky breath. The pain was evident on her face, as she looked deeply into the mirror.

She shuddered, as she though back to the last three months of her life. How had things gotten so out of hand? She wondered if Christopher would still be ecstatic to meet her. Would he still be the gentleman that he had been previously? As the thought of his harsh words in the muggle newspaper came back, Ginny gave a rueful smile.

She hadn't heard from her parents at all either. They apparently weren't too affected by the absence of one member of their family from the dinner table. Ginny still caught odd stories about Percy and Bill. She always treasured the clippings from the Daily Prophet that glorified her family.

As if in an ascending mode, her mind automatically went to Draco Malfoy. She wondered, probably for the tenth time, if he had ever felt anything for her. All those small gestures, their shared kiss……..didn't they mean anything to him

"Ginerva, are you ready?" came the voice of Richard from the other side of the door. Quickly wiping away the stray drops of tears that had escaped, Ginny gave her Red muggle beach dress a penetrating look, searching for any creases. Shoulders squared, lips glossed and eyes outlined by mascara, Ginny confidently walked upto the door.

"There you are," he said, as Richards gaze took in her appearance. She knew she looked good, and Richard's eyes only confirmed that thought. "You look stunning," he said, a small catch in his breath, which Ginny caught instantly as nervousness. Why was he nervous?

"You don't look too bad yourself," she said softly, giving him a small smile. His face lit up instantly, all nervousness gone now.

"Shall we?" he asked, giving her his hand in invitation. She gave him another smile and entwined her fingers in his.

The couple looked gorgeous as they walked into the ethnic and chic restaurant by the sea. The waves rushed forward, bringing along with it layers of salt. They water looked black, under the night sky. The night was cloudless as Ginny could make out the small stars twinkling in the sky. She felt the same feeling of peace take over her, as Richard pulled out a chair for her. She was going to enjoy this trip, even if it was without Draco Malfoy.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"So you think that the Employee's emergency act interrupts the flow of work?" asked Ginny, taking a small sip of the most heavenly wine she had ever tasted.

"Don't get me wrong, its all very fine when we're talking about a corporate office, but at a resort like here, we really do need most of our staff at all times," said Richard . His eyes sparkled when as he spoke about something he apparently felt very passionately about. Ginny noticed that faint spark whenever the resort was mentioned. She found herself remembering the great Albus Dumbledore. She smiled indulgently, taking another sip of the wine.

"I personally think that such acts must be introduced more often," said Hermione. "In the muggle world, there are special sections that deal with such rights. A person could file a law suit against a company if he isn't treated well," she said her voice rising well above that of the other patrons of the restaurant.

"Well, it all depends upon the situation and its urgency," said Ron, who was desperately trying to get his wife's voice back to a normal pitch.

"Oh well, I still think that Ministry needs to change the laws," said Hermione, before taking a small bite of the food on her plate. "By the way, Richard this crab is delicious," said Hermione, giving a small hiccup.

Richard gave her a small smile, "Thank-you. My chef's I assure you are very well paid and get regular holidays," he said good naturedly.

Ginny smiled, as she heard Hermione burst into giggles. She felt her tense muscles relax, as she heard the rhythmic motion of the waves. Soon soft music reached her ear, as she turned to notice that many couples were enjoying the evening dancing. She turned, as she heard Ron's voice in her ear, "Care to dance, little sister?" he asked. Ginny gave him a brilliant smile. Ever since the disownment, Ron had never spoken so warmly to her. It was almost like old times. She accepted his outstretched hand, and turned to raise her eyebrow at her sister-in-law. Hermione merely waved them off.

As she moved to the rhythm of the song, she raised her eyes to Ron's. He was looking very gently at her, as if she were a piece of delicate china. "I'm sorry about the last few days, Gin," he said softly. She gave him a small smile,"it's alright Ronnie, I forgive you," she said before giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

He grinned and twirled her around the dance floor. She laughed as they moved to the familiar tune, she vaguely remembered Ron dancing on this song together at Charlie's wedding. As they ended the song in a small and dramatic dive ,she looked around to see people clapping and noisily cheering them on.

The band, enthusiastic as it was, launched into the fun beats of the macerena, as Ron and Ginny took their positions next to each other, moving to the rhythm, laughing at the same time. As the song finished , both brother and sister started clapping, cheering for the band that had provided them with so much entertainment.

"May I have this dance?" Ginny turned around to see Richard standing with Hermione, his hand extended to her. Blushing, as she realized that she was monopolizing her brother's time, Ginny stepped away from the outskirts of the dance floor and Followed Richard to the heart of it. She turned around to see Ron and Hermione gazing deeply into each other's eyes. She felt an odd feeling well inside her.

Richard gently took her in his arms. She realized that he danced rather well. "Thank-you for the evening Richard," she said softly, her head on his shoulder.

"Don't mention it dear, I have all selfish gains here," he said. As the music died down, and people clapped again, Ginny realized that had things been different, she would have definitely given Richard a chance. She gave him a small smile before heading back towards their table.

"I'm beat. I think we should retire for the evening," said Hermione, giving Ron a small wink. Ron's ears turned red, as Richard gave him an odd look. "I'll escort Ginerva to her room," he said to both Ron and Hermione.

As they walked towards their quarters, Hermione wondered out loud, that probably Ginny might get over all her depression in Richard's presence. Their idea was indeed a very wise one.

%%%%%%%%%

a/n - Special thanks to Evil_Evor- Thank-you for all those compliments. I know most of the characters here are OOC, the Weasleys, Neville , Draco, but then It's a fanfiction for a reason. I manipulate the characters to suit the need of the story. I'm glad that inspite of reading it for the first time you enjoyed it so much. As for the identity of the stalker, I ain't speaking now!

Also hugs and kissed to Jenna_Kathleen and PJ! You guys are reviewers of the day, and will be mailed a sneak preview of the next chapter! People, remember to leave your e-mail addresses, you never know when it will be your lucky day!

Disclaimer- No , don't own anything!

-->