Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

Special thanks to everyone who reviewed!

-----------------------------------------

"Low spirits! Why would someone, who's earning 200 galleons per month, have low spirits?"

Ginny made a face at Ron's comments. With each passing day Ron's attitude towards her was becoming more and more like their Parents. For Molly and Arthur Weasley, their daughter had found herself a nice catch in Christopher. He was Wealthy, Famous and Influential. Ofcource to the absolute delight of Arthur Weasley, Christopher was an influential Muggle.

Initially their enthusiasm had made Ginny beam in happiness, but she later discovered that it was merely a ploy at more Power. That was all that mattered to them....<I>POWER...more and more of it.

Of-course, Christopher had not invested his time in Ginny for nothing. He obviously had a greater motive; however she was still unaware about it.

Her family on the other hand, she wiped a stray drop of Water that had escaped from her moist eyes.

She was ready to forgive them anything, even murder, if they would just take her back into the family. She blinked away the blanket of tears hindering her vision.

"Well it just happens, that our dear Ginny is working for Mr. Malfoy you see", finished Hermoine

"Mr. Malfoy, as in Mr. Draco Malfoy?" asked Ron.

"Yes" was all Ginny could muster up

Ron muttered something inaudible. His lips opened and closed. It

"What happened? Cat got your tongue?" asked a furious Ginny.

"Well who says that you have to take the job," said Ron

"Ron, unlike you I'm no longer a Weasley and have to earn a living" shouted Ginny.

She was disgusted at her brother's massive ego trips. With their father he was the perfect son. It was not a mystery to Ginny that Ron was in her new living room due to one reason and one reason alone, Hermoine. Her brother was hopelessly in love with the little brunette standing next to him.

"Oh oh, alright now you two. Let's not get into a fight now. I want you to apologize to Ginny Ron," said the soothing voice of Hermoine!

Instantly his ears went red and Ron hastily muttered an apology!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first day of work arrived sooner than Ginny had expected. She rose to the early morning sun urging her to wake up! She rolled away from all the sunlight and blindly reached out for the alarm clock that was blasting the morning radio right into her ears.

She grabbed it and switched it off. If things didn't cheer up soon, the day was going to be as bad as it could be!

It didn't however. The very first catch in the faulty arrangement she had made with Draco Malfoy presented itself before her when she reached the offices of the Malfoy Empire. And it turned out to be pretty non scandalous.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning, I'm here to see Mr. Malfoy," a nervous Ginny asked at the reception. Unfortunately for her, she met miss hocked nose receptionist again.

"What is this related to and do you have an appointment," she asked in the most polite tone.

"I'm here for the job of Mr. Malfoy assistant , here's my appointment form," with that she started searching her purse for the white and crisp appointment letter Malfoy had given her a day earlier.

"Well, you'll have to wait, Mr. Malfoy is busy at the moment," answered the women. She immediately ducked under the desk.

"Excuse me, why are you hiding under that desk," asked Ginny trying hard to suppress her giggles.

"I'm waiting for you to shout again," she said with a worried roll of her eyes.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday. I'm sure we can be friends….,"smiled Ginny.

"No, I would rather be friends with a weasel," she said without even realizing that the comment has been jotted down as another point against her.

Ginny smiled, and retrieved to the comfortable couch and started flipping through a magazine. The receptionist could be dealt with later. Today was Malfoy's day!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse me; I've been here for three hours! How long will I have to wait?' asked a furious Ginny.

The first hour of waiting had been spent in Ginny's favorite pastime of hiding behind a magazine and people watching, but as time went by she started getting restless and annoyed at being kept waiting.

The Weasley temper started flaring a moment later.

"Look lady, I've done enough waiting for a lifetime, now you show me the way to the man's office or I'll find it myself," shouted Ginny.

"Well, Miss Weasley you sure have an affinity to loose your temper don't you?" came the famous drawl that's made her skin crawl.

"You would be furious too if you had been waiting for three hours in vain," replied Ginny turning around to face the owner of that voice.

"Well then give me a chance to apologize to you and make up for the lost time! You wouldn't mind dining with me now would you?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I............."

"Before you say anything let me remind you that dining with me is a part of your job."

Ginny was about to deny him, and he knew that and he had cunningly lured her into a situation he knew she couldn't escape. She was still contemplating the thought of denying him, when her stomach made a huge sound, making both her and Malfoy aware of her hunger.

She had left her place with just an apple which now lay in some dirty corner of her bin.

"I would say that a hot lunch sounds great," replied Ginny.

She saw a totally different expression flash in his eyes, those deep gray eyes! One could drown into their depths!

She was saved the embarrassment of being caught staring at her boss if he hadn't masked the expression in his eye's and replaced it with the same cold hostility.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch had been a complete disaster.......!

As expected Draco Malfoy had taken her to an up market place where couples had corners to themselves, but unlike the romantics, she was forced to sit right in the centre of the round restaurant with a rather observant middle aged couple pointing rudely at them and then giggling like school girls.

She tried making small talk with Her new <I>Boss until their food arrived, but failed miserable. What was a person supposed to speak to a Malfoy?

"Well Mr. Malfoy, now that we're fed I would ask you to please explain to me the nature of my job," finished an excited Ginny.

"Aww! Do I have to," he asked in the best five year old voice he could muster.

"You know you do!" Ginny answered trying hard to control the laughter threatening to erupt from her lips.

"Oh! Alright! Miss Weasley, your job at the Malfoy empire is similar to that you had at the Weasley empire," smirked Malfoy

"And that is?"

"However.....there will be other odd things you will be expected to do....." he added as an afterthought.

"Like what?" asked a suspicious Ginny?

"You're too impatient Miss Weasley. You can't expect me to discuss business over lunch do you? Now tell me, what would you like for dessert?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day did not end there. After the fabulous dinner, Mr. Malfoy explained to her the details of his empire.

Malfoy had been right; her job here was similar to the one she did for her father.

All she had to do was make sure that the finances were under control. That the salaries were given on time, that the people took interest in their products and that everything in the Malfoy Empire functioned smoothly.

Basically she was the right hand of Malfoy! Wait where did that come from? She was the employee of Draco Malfoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny managed to reach home amongst all the euphoria that surrounded her. As she unlocked the door and stepped inside,

"SURPIRISE..............."

The entire hall was filled with well wishers of Ginny, her friends, her seniors......and amongst the happy party people was a flushed Harry Potter (Ginny blinked to make sure that she was seeing properly.) looking very pleased for her!

She turned and her eyes met Hermione's across the room and she silently thanked her sister in law for this little gesture of kindness. She missed her parents, but time would heal everything. Hermoine came up to her and said softly

"I wish you a very happy life"

"Thanks. This really means a lot to me!" said Ginny.

"I know! And hey don't let Ron's attitude get to you," said Hermoine.

"Let's not kid ourselves Moine, I know that the job with Malfoy is the only reason why Ron's here and if it's anything to go by, Dad and Mum will be here too, in some days!"

"Ginny......"

"It's okay! I can deal with it. All I want is their love! And if it's going to be like this...then so be it."

With tears in her eyes Hermoine just stood there and hugged Ginny tightly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A LITTLE ENCOURAGEMENT NEVER GOES UNAAPRECIATED.............PLS REVIEW!

Thanks for reading