Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

A/n -Yes yes- Long time no updates but I just started college and life's become hectic thereafter. No worries- I'm back with another amazing chapter. I hope you enjoy it.

Disclaimer- No- Do not own any of them. I just probably own the cat sitting by my side, watching me type this up.

Last time.-

"Sir I had quite a scare last night and there was this intruder in my house, and he tried to attack me.........."her voice trailed off, not sure whether Draco Malfoy would believer her

"Don't give me cock and bull stories Miss Weasley. I want you here in half an hour and if you're not here by the end of it.......then you should consider yourself fired" he said in an angry voice.

"But............."she tried telling him that she had to go to the police station.

"No buts madam.......if you want to keep the job you so desperately wanted then you'll be here"

"I did not............"

"Suit yourself Virginia" and he banged down the phone.

She stared at it helplessly. The nightmare had begun.

"Absolutely" she said in almost a whisper.

Chapter 6

Ginny banged the phone down and looked helplessly around. Clad in a flowing gown she looked like a royal mess.

She had barely been able to close her eyes after the fright she had received the previous night and it clearly showed in the dark circles under her beautiful eyes.

Hell she didn't want to go before Draco Malfoy looking like something the cat dragged in.

Filled with purpose, she calmly picked up the telephone and dialed Ron's residence number. Hermoine picked up on the third ring.

"Gin, oh my god I've been worried sick. How are you and where's Ron?" asked Hermoine.

"Relax moine , I'm fine and judging by the peaceful way in which Ron is asleep on the living room couch he is fine too" finished Ginny in false brightness.

"Do you want me to come over?" asked a concerned Hermoine.

"No…that's fine. I have to get to work and I can't leave Ron here like this…." Her voice trailed off. She sounded calmer than she actually was.

"That's ok, I'll come over and pick him up!" said Hermoine.

"Thanks you're a sweetheart..." said Ginny

"Don't mention it..." said Hermoine.

Ginny walked back to her room and was ready in ten minutes. She rushed back down.

She saw Ron In the kitchen. Apparently he was making his usual cup of coffee. With a wave of his hand he had some poured out for her too.

"Thanks …" she said appreciatively.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco Malfoy didn't usually bother to call up his employee's the very first day of work, but he had specially appointed Ginny Weasley and he was paying her more than what she deserved.

In return to that he expected punctuality.

He was well known amongst his staff as a stern and strict figure that didn't forgive or forget easily. He was respected for that and feared for the same.

He had come in early, only to see how Ginny Weasley would look walking into his office, being at his beck and call. But he had been sorely disappointed when she didn't turn up at exactly 7 o clock. He had been further ruffled when there was no sign of her even when the clock struck 9.

That's when he's called her.

He had been surprised when Ron Weasley had picked the phone up. He was under the impression that Ron Weasley had a great dislike for muggle machines.

But he had been surprised.

With an obviously uncomfortable tone he had asked Ron to call inn Ginny.

He had been shocked and then angry to hear the drowsy note in her voice. How dare she sleep when he was waiting for her to turn up?

Of course he had done the next thing which came naturally to him. He had shouted at her and had asked her to report to the office immediately. But now he regretted it.

He saw her enter the office and advance towards his glass office with apparent trembling feet. He had got his office done in glass, for the simple reason that he liked the amount of activity that went on in his office and he liked to be a witness to it.

It also allowed him to sneak glances at his favorite secretaries, but he would never admit that.

Today however he realized that it was a foolish decision. He saw Ginny Weasley take tentative last few steps towards his office. She looked like someone who had gone through a tornado.

She had purple bags under her eyes and she looked drawn and tired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny braced herself to enter the enemy territory. As soon as she had entered the office she knew that she was way out of her league.

She had applied for a job at the children's' hospital, this was not what she wanted.

She saw his office, clearly made out of glass. But it was no ordinary glass. It was the kind that showed someone standing outside their reflection, but inside Draco Malfoy could see every activity going on in the office.

She knew that at this very moment he was staring at her and trying to figure out who she was.

She definitely didn't fell like the women who had once been the love interest of Harry potter, even if it was only for a short time in the seventh year.

She braced herself for the war. She took a deep breath and stepped inside the office of Draco Malfoy.

HERE GOES NOTHING.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She sighed in relief. The day had not been as bad she had expected it to be. It had infact been quite easy working with Draco Malfoy.

She hadn't even realized but she had now completed an entire week of work with Malfoy and Malfoy.

She had laughed like a school girl when she had read the name of the organization on the very first day of work. What kind of name were Malfoy and Malfoy.

But she had to agree that she enjoyed working with Draco Malfoy. Unlike her father and brother's Draco Malfoy fully trusted her and didn't interfere in any of her decisions.

Infact over the time span of a week she had come to appreciate his dedication towards the family business and had agreed with the office theory that the Malfoy Empire would be incomplete without Draco Malfoy.

Malfoy and Malfoy dealt in many things, except ofcource the dark arts. The Malfoy group of companies owned a monthly circulating magazine called Glamour. It was the only source of exactly what its name suggested to the non-muggle public. It featured pictures of celebrity parties and basically indulged in gossip.

Then there was the ever increasing business of candy making. Although it had traditionally been the work of Bertie Botts…the Malfoy's had their own every flavour beans too.

Inspite of having worked for the empire for a week Ginny still was not aware about the other wings under the empire.

The week had changed a lot, including Ginny's opinion of Draco. She couldn't forget his ridiculous behavior at Hogwarts, but she had come to appreciate Draco Malfoy's sense of business and his commitment to his family and she respected him for that.

What made her uncomfortable were the little exchanges they had in between work. She sighed helplessly and tried concentrating on the job at hand.

"Hey Weasley, done with the register" came the voice of Draco Malfoy.

"Umm yeah I think so, but Reggie still has a lot to do here" replied Ginny. What was he trying to do creeping up on her like that?

"How much time do you think this will need?" he asked now uncomfortably close to her back.

She smelled his aftershave and instantly like it.

"I guess another half an hour…..sir" she added as an afterthought.

"Half and hour doesn't make a difference does it?" he had asked with a gleam in his eye's.

"I guess not! ….why?" she asked.

"Cause I want to take you to lunch….you've worked too hard" he had finished.

Hesitant at first to sit across Draco Malfoy and gobble food Ginny, had declined his offer, but was soon seen leaving the office premises with him.

The lunch had been a casual affair and had been very comfortable.

"So you actually wanted to work with crying babies" he had asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Yes…..mind you I have enough experience" she had said.

"Oh really….but from what I gather, your resume suggests that you have no children!"

"Yeah…….but I have six brothers, including Percy who I don't see that regularly and six sisters-in-law. Together they make up fifteen children in the Weasley family and I've been the only baby sitter they all have ever had…" she finished with a peaceful smile.

"Fifteen children….?" He asked with a raise of his eyebrows

"Well Ron has twins and Charlie has two pair of twins…….frankly I have lost track of the children in the Weasley family." She said.

"So you agree with my childhood theory that the Weasley have more children than they can af...." he stopped abruptly all the humor gone from his eye's.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Ginny…….I is really sorry for the way I treated you back in high school…." He said.

"You're apologizing?" she asked surprised.

"Yeah……….funny feeling it is. I never have apologized to anyone in my life but now that I have it doesn't feel all that bad" he said with a twinkle in his eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The evening went well. They had gotten surprisingly intimate with each other over the span of a week. He turned out to be quite a gentleman.

He would open the door to the restaurant. Pull the chair out …..And even offered to ride her home every evening.

Today, he was given the pleasure. The car had seemed huge when Ginny had seen it a while ago, but once inside it, she felt a little trapped. As if reading her mind he said,

"I won't bite you….."

"That's not I'm worried about" she said and dismissed her momentary wariness of him to his massive size.

He was indeed massive. She had been taller than many girls in her year, but compared to Draco's six feet two she was nothing. It was not only his height that made him seem like a fantasy figure, he had broad shoulders and a narrow waist. From the way his shirt was buttoned she could sneak glances at the dark hair curling at his chest.

She wondered how he would look under all those tailor made clothes.

She blushed at that thought, and scolded herself to be imagining such things. Soon, very soon her house loomed into view.

He stopped outside and turned off the ignition. A heavy silence hung and they both spoke at the same time.

"You want to……"

"You think…….."

They burst into laughter.

"You go first "he said.

"You want to come in for a cup of coffee?" she asked.

"Maybe some other time, but thank you for a wonderful evening".

Before she could step out of the car he bent over and kissed her. It was a tender brushing of the lips but soon it turned to something explosive. She gave into his consistent urging and opened her mouth. His tongue swept inn and explored her mouth.

She clinged to him….helpless.

He broke the kiss abruptly. Mortified at the way she had behaved….she quickly got off and ran to her house.

Once inside she fell heavily to the floor and dragged inn oxygen to her hungry lungs. After her heartbeat returned to normal, she looked around her house.

She screamt at what she saw.

Her hall had been turned upside down….all the furniture had been ripped apart and there right in the centre of her hall was a blood strewn sheet. She screamt again louder, this time.

And very suddenly she heard someone knocking loudly on her door. She turned away from the door. It must be him……the intruder the man who had come in a week earlier.

She looked on helplessly as the man at the other end kept on banging the door and finally managed to break it open……she screamt again as the door flew off its hinges.

GOD HELP HER

------------------------------------------------

A/n - Thanks for all the Reviews! I Hope you like the story so far. I'll try updating faster but please bear with me if I can't. I know this is a Harry/Hermione site, but please ignore this couple here; they don't play a very important role- so far.

-->