Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

a/n -Finally here it is. Due to the absolute lack of length in the previous chapter, I've made this one longer, its five pages long ,around 1400 words.

Another good news for everybody is that the chapters from now on (the last two or three that are left) will be longer .However, since I have to make them longer, they may come out slowly, probably once every two weeks. I hope you understand.

Thus without further ado-

@@@@@@@@

As Ginny entered her new office, a small shiver ran down her spine as she recalled all the incidents that had shakened her once normal life. They all played in some sort of reverse motion, making her head spin. She held onto a chair while the world stopped turning at its axis. When had things gotten so complicated?

"Miss Weasley?" Ginny turned to come face to face with Roy. Shocked, as the Neville incident and it remarkable similarity to her position right now popped up in her overworked mind, Ginny laughed nervously. "Roy, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I'm sorry Gin. I was actually on my way to Draco's office previously, when it struck me, that he's off to Greece." Ginny realized that she looked stupid due to the disappointed look on her face. So what? Draco wasn't in the office, big deal!

"Greece?"

"Yeah," said Roy, shuffling a few papers in his hand.

Ginny looked at the papers, and then back at him, "Something important you have to say?"

"Not really. It's just that Draco had to attend a muggle party today. It's very important that a representative of Malfoy Inc be present there today," he said.

"Have you tired getting in touch with him?" Ginny asked. She knew that Malfoy and Malfoy was in midst of a huge Wizard-Muggle deal. She understood the importance of this party and its potential impact on the business.

"Yes. But he's too busy today. I owled him, and he said to bring you by his office at around 2," said Roy, as Ginny checked the watch to confirm the fact that Roy had walked into her office five minutes before 2. "Why me?" asked Ginny. Roy shrugged and simply stepped aside to let her lead the way. Ginny sighed and got moving. Back to work.

@@@@@@@

As she entered the office of Draco, she realized again how much the room reminded her of her boss. She recalled how days ago she had walked into this office, suspicious of the job that Draco was offering her. Now she felt completely different, even slightly comfortable.

She was lost in her own thoughts while Roy moved around the office. A small cough interrupted her reverie, as both the occupants of the room turned to see the head of Draco Malfoy floating in the fireplace ,on the extreme left of Draco's office.

"Roy, Miss Wealsey," Said Draco giving each of them an acknowledging nod.

"Good afternoon Mr. Malfoy," Roy said. "I've brought Miss Wealsey as you requested," he added. Draco nodded and turned to her. She expected his eyes to soften or a reaction, any kind of reaction, that would lead her to believe that Draco wasn't regretting the previous night, but she found none. His eyes were fixed to a spot above her head as he said softly "I need you to attend a muggle party today evening. Roy will give you details of the venue, and explain the basics of the deal. I'll join you sometime late evening," he said, his eyes not moving from the spot above her head.

Ginny didn't really understand why he was so awkward, but she didn't care. His attitude infuriated her. She nodded her head,"I understand," she said.

"If that's all," said Draco, and his face vanished with a small pop. Ginny stared at the empty spot, and shrugged. "That's that, then."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

As Ginny entered the big muggle hotel, an odd sort of nostalgia overtook her. All the memories of parties she had attended with Christopher came rushing back. Ginny took a small, calming breath. Relax. You don't regret running out. It's just your worked up mind. Now look up, and smile.

She looked around and realized that the grandeur of the hotel reminded her of a party that Christopher had thrown in order to celebrate an important deal. The glass surrounding, the smooth Italian marble floor, everything seemed oddly very familiar.

"Some champagne, madam?" asked a passing waiter. Ginny accepted the bubbling liquid, gratefully. The feeling of being the only person out of place overtook her senses. She'd often felt this way, even while with Christopher. He always said it were just nerves, Ginny believed she just didn't like the snooty and posh mixture that the environment was.

She shook her head, trying to clear it, and moved through the crowd. She loved watching these people throw fake kisses in the air; it had been her favorite hobby at boring parties. How women who hated the other , acted like long lost sisters when facing each other, really fascinated her.

So fascinated Ginny was that she tripped on the gown on a passing lady. Her failing arms came forward, and rested on the back of a tall man. Taking his support, Ginny steadied herself, and looked up to smile at-

"Christopher?"

"Ginerva?" He said and turned completely, now facing her. "Isn't this the most pleasant surprise now," he said giving her one of his fake smiles. She knew his fake smiles from the real, and she hated being subjected to the fake one.

"It is," She said trying to get away from him as fast as possible.

"What are you doing here," he asked, taking in her Sea Green dress. She knew she looked good, but the leering ex fiancé didn't make her feel too good about herself. She cringed and prayed silently for a miracle.

"I'm here on business. What are you doing here?" she asked, aware that their tennis match of questions was attracting attention. The scandalous couple, the ultimate showdown.

"You're here on business and you don't know whose party this is?" he asked with a raise of his eyebrow. Ginny looked at him suspiciously. This couldn't be his party! Draco would have warned her. "This is your party?" she asked.

"Of course it is," he said in his loud fake voice. She hated it, and she also hated all the attention that this thing was generating. She had to get away. "So, don't tell me you're here all alone," Christopher said.

"Actually," said Ginny, looking around for Draco. While her eyes were busy scanning the room a blonde appeared on the side of Christopher. "Ginerva, let me introduce, Cathy," Christopher said, as Cathy said a polite hello. It was more of a so-you-are-the-ex-stay-away-now-he's-mine kind of a hello, but Ginny didn't really care. Her evening was ruined already. It was beyond repair.

"So Ginny, can I call you Ginny," asked Cathy. Ginny turned to her and nodded, giving a weak smile. "Where's your date?" asked Cathy.

"He's…."Ginny said, her sentence trailing off.

"Running slightly late," Said Draco, taking his place by her side. His arm slid protectively around her waist, while she leaned into him gratefully. He gave her a small wink and then turned towards Christopher.

"Mr. Malfoy," exclaimed Christopher, again in his fake voice. He shook hands with Draco. "We must toast to our new venture and our partnership," he said. He ordered for the drinks, while Ginny gave Draco a small glare.

As Christopher handed Draco his glass, Ginny excused herself. She needed fresh air, and she was headed straight for the balcony. The two glasses clinked behind her.

@@@@@@@@@@

By the time she was taking her fourth deep breath, Draco joined her. His arms came around her back, resting on her waist so that her back was against his chest. She removed his hands, and moved away. Taking another deep breath, she turned to him.

"What the matter with you?" He asked.

"With me? What is the matter with you? You know my history with that man and yet you didn't tell me this was his party?" she asked infuriated.

"What?"

"Yeah, yeah. Now that I think of it, I was kept away from this entire deal right from the beginning. I had no clue. Why?" She asked.

"Exactly, because I didn't want this scene to happen, the one that just happened," he said.

"You could have warned me he was going to be here," she reasoned.

"What? In front on Roy? You want more office gossip than there already is?" he asked.

"I have to go," she said softly. She moved away, taking small and shaky steps.

"Fine," said Draco to her back.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

a/n- YAY! I've finally gotten the end figured out. I'm just any loose ends that I can spot. This is so exciting. The stalker makes an appearance again, obviously in the next chapter. Also Behold, as I reveal a well guarded truth. The stalker………………………………………………………………………………Isn't one single man.

I also apologise for all the grammatical errors that you can spot here, or through the entire story. I have repeatedly said that English is not my first language and I've never had a steady or constant beta reader on this fic. Its like a curse, that never ended.

Ron died because of his utter lack of inteliigence. He died when at sea, looking for ginny. Harry and Hermione will slowly get back together, probably by the epilogue. PJ I really liked your idea about the potion not working due to its overuse, and I may actually use it. But not now, this is the point where the story gets intense.

Please keep reviewing. Lots of love.

Rid.


-->