Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

A/n- No the stalker didn't kill Ron. He went out at sea looking for Ginny, but since the current was too strong, his boat over-turned and he died. His body was found on-shore the next morning.

Now, this chapter is especially dedicated to the Harry/Hermione pairing and my readers who enjoy this pairing. I'm sorry about the delay in posting, but I had other things on my mind. Something to look forward for all you guys- I'm going to give you a special treat on Valentine's Day. I can't tell you what it will be, but it will be something really exciting, trust me.

Now on with the chapter.

"What is he doing here? What are the both of them doing together?" asked Harry from the corner of his mouth to a slightly more composed Hermione. She looked up at him and gave a small sigh. It was going to be hard explaining everything to him, but for the sake of Ginny she launched into a brief explanation of what had transpired between the two people in question in the past month.

On the other side of the room Ginny was sitting up with Draco's arms around her, sobbing her heart out. Every once in a while Harry would shoot threatening glares in his way, but Draco didn't care. Ginny's pain was more than he could stand, and for the first time in his life, Draco Malfoy felt the pain of another human being.

Ginny's sobs finally subsided and she fell into an exhausted slumber. Draco easily picked her up and moved towards their rooms. He found the door to her room open. He peered inside cautiously, to find Hermione asleep on the bed. He moved in, and deposited Ginny next to her friend.

"I suppose those two will sleep another hour or two off," a voice from the other side of the room startled him. Draco turned to come face to face with Harry Potter. His eyes narrowed,"If you want a fight, let's take it outside," he said.

Harry gave a small smile, and walked upto him. "I want to say- thanks," he said and offered Draco his hand. Draco's shocked eyes moved instantly to the face of the boy wonder and he asked curiously "What? Huh! Why?"

"Hermione told me all about the past one month. I think that based on your actions in the past one month, and your role in the final battle as a spy for our side, you're quite trustable," finished Harry.

Draco looked closely, and to his astonishment discovered visible worry lines on the face of his most hated enemy. "You love her, don't you?" he asked, his eyes turning briefly to the sleeping form of Hermione Granger.

Harry smiled again, and Draco realized that besides Smiling a lot, Gryffindor's couldn't hide their feelings too easily. "Always have," he said softly. "And yet you looked on as she got married to your best friend?" asked Draco, as he recalled the fact that Harry had attended Hermione's marriage as Ron's best man and was the godfather of her kids. "Why?" he asked again.

"Because that's what you do when you're in love," he said, his eyes turning back to Draco's face. "Wouldn't you do the same for Ginny?" he asked. Draco took a small step back, "For Ginny. Why ever would I do that for Ginny?" he asked, confused. Harry shook his head and moved away.

"I've set up a portkey; it'll be approved in another hour or so. Hermione wants Ron's funeral to be performed accordingly. She wants the entire Weasley clan to be present," said Harry.

"You think Ginny will be alright with all the other Weasley's around?" asked a concerned Draco. "She'll be fine, she'll have you for moral support," he said. Draco nodded and moved towards his own room to pack his belongings. He was glad that Harry hadn't objected to his being present for the funeral. God knew Ginny needed all the help she could get currently.

"Umm….. Malfoy," called out Harry just as he was leaving the room. Draco stopped, the door handle in his hand, "Yeah?"

"Has she told you anything about the stalker?" asked Harry. "No," he answered. Harry nodded and Draco left the room silently.

@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@

"Where is the portkey taking us?" Ginny asked the minute she was told about it.

"It will take us to the borrow. I think that would be the best place for Hermione at this moment," said Harry. Draco avoided eye contact with Ginny. Harry had left it upto him to inform Ginny of the funeral.

"I can't go to the borrow. Harry it will too painful. I want to go home," said Hermione distraught.

"The kids are with Molly. Don't you want to be with them?" asked Harry. Tears fell from her eyes as she shook her head. Harry immediately took her in his arms. "Ok, we'll go to my place. Is that fine?" he asked. Hermione shook her head mutely, clutching onto him.

Draco cleared his throat and said, "I wish to take Ginny with me". All heads turned to him, as he blushed slightly. Ginny's outraged eyes made it evident what her opinion of his idea was.

"I'm not going anywhere close to Emily," she said. Harry looked closely at him and gave a small encouraging smile. Confused, Draco turned to Ginny, "she does not reside at the Manor, she never has. And we'll be going to a small cottage I own in London, very close to Diagon alley so that you can be close to Hermione," he said.

"I think that would be best. Ginny you can't go back to the place of yours with that creep stalker around," said Hermione, wiping her eyes. "I agree, going with Draco would be the best thing to do," said Harry.

Ginny looked around wildly. Since she'd realized that she was in love with Draco, his presence had made it difficult for her to think straight. And now to live with him, it wouldn't be the best thing to do. It would be the most foolish thing to do. She shook her head, but found herself being dragged along with Draco in the opposite direction as they reached London. Whether she liked it or not, she was going to live with this man.

@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@@

Ginny looked at herself in the full length mirror of her room and wiped a stray tear, as her eyes took in the all black attire. Her arrival at the cottage yesterday had been uneventful. Draco had shown her to her room and then had vanished from sight completely. Ginny had been too tired to think of anything but sleep. As the morning dawned, she opened her eyes to completely strange surroundings. As the events of the past day came back, Ginny had shed a few more tears in memory of her beloved brother. She still couldn't believe he was dead.

And now she was here, getting ready for the funeral of someone who she'd imagined would live to be Minister of Magic one day. As her world spun around her, Ginny sat abruptly down onto the bed, close to the mirror.

A knock broke her reverie, and Ginny looked up to find Draco in black robes waiting patiently. His eyes encouraged her, and she nodded her head in understanding. She rose quietly and looked around. Her eyes went to Draco's and she realized that he had her coat in hand already. She gave him a watery smile and moved to face the world. What she overlooked was the understanding between Draco and herself, the same understanding Ron had with Hermione, the same understanding she had always longed for.

@@@@@#####@@@@@@

Disclaimer- I get tired of these, I don't own any characters.

a/n- For your information, my beta reader is busy with her mid-term studies, and thus the last few chapters, which I hope to get done in another month, will come out unbeta'd at first. I'd taken off three chapters and have made little changes that I could see. Abby, get back soon dear.

So there you have it, Harry/Hermione action. There won't be much of it, since they aren't the protagonist of the story, but if my readers demand it, I'll put something up. My Ron/Luna story will be up shortly, the planning process in over, and I've already begun with the first chapter. Be on the lookout for the story. For those of you, who'd like me to inform you when I put it up, leave me your mail address in your review!

Thanks!


-->