Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

A/n- I got my very first real flames. Yes I know Ginny being 30 and then being disowned isn't something very entertaining, but dears why do you think a nasty story would get about 300 odd reviews.

Thank-you to everybody for the 300 reviews, especially my regular reviewers like PJ, funky_faerie87 , Rainbow16, silverbutterfly, mrsdanielleradcliff, lukkiseven, Eri ,evilevor, harryhermionefan16 and everybody else. Sorry if I've missed anyone out. I'm really excited about this chapter, and am thus putting this up before it being beta read, will put up the beta'd version after I can make contact with my beta reader. I tell you I'm cursed with beta readers and this story in particular.

Edit -(February 5th) Abby, I understand that you're busy. I'm putting this up and will put up a beta'd version once we have it sorted out. Thanks to you anyways dear.

Anyways- for all those of you who were disappointed in the Ron/Hermione pairing, here you go!

Disclaimer- I don't own any characters you recognize below.

~*~*~*

The next day dawned early, as Ginny opened her eyes to find herself snuggled deeply against a warm body. She gave a huge yawn, before turning to look at the peaceful face of Draco Malfoy. He looked so innocent while he was sleeping. The curtain of sleep helped completely remove the hard lines from his face.

She stroked his day old beard and felt an odd sense of contentment. She bent closer and kissed him softly. She realized that she could get used to getting up next to this complicated man.

Wait, what was she thinking? Oh my god! Her hand flew to cover her mouth as she realized with blinding clarity that she was in Love with Draco Malfoy. She'd never felt so sure of a feeling, than she felt at this very moment. Not even Christopher had made her feel the way she felt when with Draco .She felt safe, wanted and cherished when she saw her own reflection in his eyes. She felt as if she was the most gorgeous woman on the earth. What she'd shared with Christopher was nothing compared to what she felt for Draco.

This made his admission yesterday night even more painful. He'd said he didn't love her. She would be nothing more than another one of his mistresses, someone like Emily who he could easily throw away, the only difference being that he did have some feelings for her and she was his employee. She'd be the summer romance that never ended.

Suddenly she felt very sick and eased out from under Draco's arm around her midriff .She had to sort out these new feelings

~*~*~*!*

Draco Malfoy awoke later than he had expected. He turned to find Ginny gone. A sudden panic gripped him. Where was she?

The sound of the running shower reached him and his anxiety subsided. He heard her sing, a muggle song he didn't recognize. Amused as well as curious he moved towards the bathroom to find out what exactly was Ginny Weasley singing.

He cautiously opened the door to the bathroom to find her in the shower. Overcome by delight and wickedness, Draco walked into the bathroom straight towards the small wash basin on the other side. He picked up the toothbrush and paste resting there, and started whistling nonchalantly while preparing to brush his teeth.

"Good morning," he said out loud. The shriek that met his ears would have put an opera singer to shame. Draco smirked as a wet and towel wrapped Ginny, stepped out of the shower.

*~*~*~

"What are you doing in here?" asked Ginny trying desperately to cover herself up. She was dripping wet, with her hair sticking out at all angles, only a towel covering up her dignity and Draco was openly laughing at her. She blushed deeply. "You pig. Get out of here," she said.

"Why should I? This is my bathroom equally. Now if you don't mind, I want to brush my teeth," he said, before resuming the said task. He grinned through mouthful of foam, as Ginny turned even redder.

"How rude can you possibly be," she said. She was supposed to be in love with this pig of a man. God, how the mighty have fallen.

"Don't mind if I reciprocate the feeling," he said. "Oh you might want to go wipe yourself, or you may freeze to death. Oh," he said "what am I saying. How can miss hot headed freeze?

"Are you saying I'm frigid?" she asked, her voice rising. This infuriating man was getting to her, and the worst part was that she knew he was enjoying himself.

He turned and gave her a hard look, "I'm saying you're hot-headed," he said. She stared right back at him; he wasn't going to intimidate her. He closed the distance of a few steps between them and lowered his head, "You might want to hold onto that towel because what I'm going to do won't help it stay in place," he said before lowering his head.

The kiss was nothing like the previous few. This one was about wanting, desire. It was about passion and experience. About chemistry and want.

Both of them knew that this chemistry between them was undeniable. Ginny held on helplessly to Draco's chest as their tongue's fought for supremacy. The wild explosion was turning her insides to nothing but wax.

As the kiss ended, Ginny cried out in alarm. If she gave this man more than her heart, she would be left with nothing. She had to stop herself. She took a few steps back and took a deep breath. When she looked back up her eyes were filled with red hot boiling anger.

"How dare you kiss me?" she said in a dangerously low voice. "You have the audacity to call me rude and frigid and then you go ahead and….and maul me," she said, tucking the towel more securely around herself.

"Maul you?" he said, his eyes narrowing dangerously. "Why the sudden hostility Miss Weasley, you seemed quite eager to kiss me today morning. And I hardly kissed you," he said.

"Hardly kissed me," she said ignoring his other comments as she didn't dare consider them. "Oh come on-"

"No you come on," he said moving very close again. He peered down at her, "If you think what we shared right now or in the past was a kiss, a real kiss, then I'm afraid you've not had too many good kisses," he finished.

The blinding pain seared through her. He had obviously had lots of experience as far as kisses went, as far as the act itself. "I want to get out of here," she said softly.

"Put some clothes on. I'll go check with the reception. We'll be out of here before you can say the word DAMN!" he said and turned to swiftly walk out of the room. Ginny's legs gave way and she fell down on the cold hard bathroom floor. Why did she love him?

As the dam of tears broke, Ginny gathered her dried clothes of the day before and quickly put them on. She needed some time away from this man to get her thoughts in order.

~*~*~*~*~*

The drive back to the hotel was uneventful. The old man at the reception had got both the jeeps back into working condition. Ginny had insisted that she drive her own jeep back to the hotel, but Draco won in the end. As she sat next to him in the jeep, she could feel the tension radiating from him and felt sorry for behaving the way she had. But her thoughts were a confused mess and only some time away from this harsh reality was what she asked for. Her thoughts wandered to happier times, when she had been with her family and she felt tears well up in her eyes. But she didn't let them fall. She turned her head and wiped the unshed droplets and closed her eyes.

By the time they got to the hotel, a large crowd had gathered outside. Ginny curiously got down the jeep and looked at Draco. He merely shrugged and they both hurried towards the resort. A large crowd had gathered around the main lobby, and Ginny pushed past the muttering tourists to the centre of the commotion.

The sight that met her eyes took her breath away. There amongst the many people, lay Ron, his body pale and unmoving. Ginny looked blindly around for any sign of Hermione. Her eyes landed on the crying figure on the opposite side. She moved towards her in a haze.

"What happened?" she asked. Hermione looked up, her eyes bloodshot and her voice out of breath. "h-he's dead Ginny," she said before dissolving into even more sobs. She buried her head in the comforting shoulder of another man. Ginny looked up to see a stone faced Harry Potter comforting Hermione ,looking beyond Ginny's shoulder at the man who he despised- Draco.

"What's he doing here?" he asked, His hand still going up and down Hermione's back.

Ginny turned to see who Harry was referring to and just turned back mutely. "What happened to Ron?" she asked her voice hoarse.

Harry looked down at her and said softly, "he was out looking for you on a small boat. The boatman had warned him that the current would be too strong due to the storm but he didn't listen. A wave turned the boat upside down. His body was found on shore today morning."

Ginny suddenly felt faint and very very sick for the second time that day. Ron had died, and because of her. He was out looking for her. It was all her fault. The world spun around her eyes as she fell to the carpeted floor. It was all her fault

~*~*~*

A/n Poor Ginny, two shocks together. Yes I got her to admit that she loves the guy, don't we all. It's my new year's gift to all of you. You finally get two perfect pairings here ;).

Anyways- Ginny still has to come to terms with her love, but next chapter the stalker finally makes an entry. I'm planning on finishing this fic in another five or six chapters. Maximum I'll take it to is 30 chapters. And then my next planned fic will be a Ron/Luna. So be on the lookout.

For those who are confused, Hermione called up Harry ASAP- and he floo'ed to the resort. I hope all that's clear. Now review.


-->