Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

A/n- I know, long time. Wishing you all a very happy new year. Without further ado, chapter 19.

Disclaimer- I do not own any of the characters mentioned below.

NEXT CHAPTER.

"I absolutely refuse," said Ginny Weasley as she crossed her arms in front of her, digging her heels into the carpet that ran over the expanse of the lobby of the small, run down hotel that they were staying at. Her nose turned up, her eyes set, she opened her mouth to give Draco Malfoy a piece of her mind, but stopped as she saw a nerve at the base of his throat twitch. He was one angry man right now.

Draco Malfoy turned to her and merely narrowed his eyes at her ready-for-battle posture. His annoyance gave new strength to Ginny, as she returned the glare. Draco merely furrowed his brows in annoyance.

"Do I have to carry you all the way to the room, or will you give in gracefully and behave like the thirty year old woman that you are?" he asked with a small strained smile. Ginny eyes widened as she rushed forward. "Shh……" she said before planting her hand firmly on the lips of her boss. And what lips they were.

Even though she had been angry, in her haste to shut Draco up, she hadn't given a thought to the consequences of her actions. Thus she was standing very close to Draco, so close that she could feel his warm breath on her face, as her fingers unconsciously caressed his lips. He raised a hand to cover hers and a small sigh escaped her lips. She closed her eyes in sheer pleasure.

Too caught up in the moment neither one of them realized that they were in the lobby of the hotel. As a passing attendant gave a small cough, they broke apart. An odd kind of uneasy silence fell upon the place. Draco cleared his throat loudly.

"Don't say my age out loud," said Ginny, before burying her fuming face in her hands. Draco's face broke into an amused grin, as he pecked her on the cheek, before continuing his journey down the hall towards their room.


%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%

Draco Malfoy sighed loudly as Ginny stopped once again. Honestly did the woman have something against walking or did she enjoy annoying him in general. He was ready to bet that the second choice was more apt.

"Now what?" he asked not enjoying the situation. He was drenched and so was his precious hair. And the cheap air conditioning was making it stand at odd angles. Not even the best potion would repair the damage if his hair were ignored further and not washed this instant. Vanity was a serious issue for the Malfoy's.

Besides his previous headache was back with a bang, and every sound that fell on his ears was echoing. "Couldn't you wait until we reach the room?" he asked, his misery quite evident in his voice. He needed some rest, a shower and some hot chocolate. The woman was seriously driving him nuts.

Ginny bit her lips, as Draco realized that the Weasley woman had no heart, she wouldn't control that tongue of hers. Thus with another one of his sigh's, he turned completely towards her, and waited for the questions. He'd be damned before a Malfoy asked a Weasley for some headache relief.


%*%*%**%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*

Ginny could feel his discomfort, and felt slightly guilty. But her questions couldn't wait and if she were made to wait, she would forget those questions. Funny though it sounded, it was a problem that had troubled her for as long as she could remember. She didn't realize that Draco was waiting for her questions until he cleared his throat loudly.

"oh!" she blushed." why are you here?" she asked, looking up to meet his eyes.

Draco felt like hitting his head on the wall nearby. Wasn't she listening when he had been speaking before? He felt tempted to lie and tell her that he enjoyed getting wet in the rain and then sharing rooms with his employee's, but he knew that it wouldn't get him anywhere. He thus looked straight into her eyes, "you already know about the part where Ron and Hermione were creating much of a fuss in the middle of the hallway," he said. She waved it off and encouraged him to continue. That gesture made him slightly nervous. He cleared his throat.

"Look Ginny, I don't really know why I bothered to help find you. I mean you barely know me, forget trust me. You think I'm a lying scoundrel who knows not better than to cheat on his fiancé with one of his employee's, but I'm not that. I'm not the same man who went around calling people names with total disregard for their feelings. I've changed, and you're one of the main reasons for that. Being around you makes me want to be a good man. I feel like I'm free, as if I'm soaring in the sky"

"When I'm with you I smile more often. It's like I'm a totally different person. Don't you feel this odd kind of connection we seem to have? I don't know what it is, I doubt I ever will. I've always hated everybody you're associated to, Ron, Potter and your family, but somehow I can't manage to hate you. I've tried, believing me I have, but it just doesn't work that way. I can't stand to be in the same room as you and not touch you. Believe me being this restrained around you takes a humungous amount of energy out of my, but I try, for your sake. This is so weird, it doesn't make any sense," he said his brows furrowed in a frown.


"Do you love me?" asked Ginny. Even to her own ears it sounded fake and cheesy, but she wanted to get some things straight. She was ready to consider having a relationship with Draco, Merlin knew she wanted to. That was all she'd thought about. But she wanted to know if it would be possible for her to fall in love with this man and have him reciprocate her feelings. She knew he wasn't easy to love, but she would learn, eventually.

Draco winced slightly. Love, did he love her? "I don't think its love, more of an attraction," he said in defeat. It was all over, she would never understand his need for having this relationship. This thing was not easy to define, and at this moment Draco didn't want to define it either, but if LOVE was what Ginny wanted, then he wouldn't lie to her. She deserved it and much more.

She stiffened. He didn't love her. Merlin, she smiled. "You're attracted to me?" she asked. He turned to her. She wasn't angry. His face split into a grin. "Can we move now?" he asked. She nodded, and they set of again.

%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%

A/n- hmm……….. So they're sharing a room. But didn't you know that already. My beta reader is busy with school is other stuff, so I got it done by somebody else. But I still love ya Abby. I hope you don't mind it, but I'm getting excited to finish this story.


-->