Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

A/n- I never had expected such stupendous applaud for a chapter that was not only very small but a crucial chapter! I know you guys think that it was a small chapter and quite different from the summary but rest assured that I have a properly planned fic up and you will get what you see!!!

And now time to thank my reviewers!!

Resse Darling-Yeah it might as well be a girl not yet ready to give up on her dreams! She thought that Christopher was the Mr. Right, but many a times what we think is not true…..O Oh I'm about to give away the plot!!.....Just wait for the next few chapters to come up! Thanks for the review!

Silverbutterfly- I'm sure the stuff is going to be to your liking! I'm very sorry the chapter was so short but that was all I could fit into the first one!! Thanks for the review!

Draca- I hope it's not the length that matters but the stuff!! I'll make sure abt the length of the new chapters! Thanks for the review!

hermione_potter_always - Thank-you! It means a lot to me that the story is being appreciated!

Anonymous- Yeah I know that the title leads on to something else….but trust me the chapter has generated enough curiosity to satisfy me and make me smug enough to say that with time the chapters will tell you it all!!

ginnymalfoy21- Many people have been a little surprised by Ginny running away from her marriage , but this chapter reveals why exactly….maybe not very clearly !! Just wait for the fun to begin! Thanks for the review!

Momentyne- Thank-you! I already have about six chapters of this fic planned so they are gonna come out fast….!! I hope you enjoyed reading the fic!

Hermioniegranger- It is indeed a boring career- to be a painter! But Christopher is a billionaire who paints for his pleasure!! That's in this chapter….I'm not giving much more away! Thanks for the review!

Back to the story now

"I don't know how to thank you, Hermione," said a rather emotional Ginny.


"Look Gin, I know how hard this has been for you. If I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask please," concluded Hermione.


Christopher was still angry with her and had every right to be. But on top of Christopher's anger, Ginny now had reporters following her day and night.

It wasn't bad enough that he refused to forgive her for jilting him, but after the huge scene of Ginny's sudden disappearance, the tabloids refused to give her a break.


Christopher had made his fortune as a shrewd businessman, but he was also a famous muggle artist that loved being in the spotlight.

Ginny, however, was not so fond of constantly being splattered across the news but she'd put up with it for the sake of being with him. Now, her face was plastered on every tabloid and every newspaper in the country for breaking the people's beloved Christopher's heart.

She'd issued a public request for forgiveness to try to stave off the reporters, but that only seemed to make matters worse. When she told her story in attempt for an apology, women everywhere began idolizing her for her spirit and determination to keep her dreams alive. Women from all over had been inspired by her act of practical selfishness and were now reconsidering their own engagements.

Ginny had become the talk of the century overnight. First as a horrible wench who didn't deserve the famous artist, and now as a hero of all of womankind.

Ginny hated every bit of it.


Opposite the reaction of the world, Ginny's parents had disinherited her. Her mother, Molly Weasley, at least had the decency to be rather tearful while her father, a fuming Arthur Weasley ~ Minister of Magic, had been the one to officially remove Ginny from the family.


She was no longer a Weasley.

As far as giving up the glossy comforts of the Weasley manor was concerned, it didn't really bother her. Frankly, the family's sudden rise to power had astounded her and she was still uncomfortable with the fact that the Weasley's were now just as influential as the Malfoy's.

Of course, she was very conveniently overlooking the fact that the fame and glitter world had made the Weasley family incredibly shallow, self-centered, and really very selfishly stupid.

In spite of all this, Ginny remained in rather high spirits. She tried to consider herself lucky to have escaped the new shallow nature of the family and could now live on her own and make her own life decisions without having to ask their approval.


Her brothers…well, at least Ron, Fred, and George were rather disturbed by the whole thing and told her that despite their parents' opinions, they would stand by her side.

Charlie and Bill, instead, had chosen to do whatever their parents told them to lest they be disowned as well. But as Ron had put it, "Life must go on!" And though the disinheritment had obviously affected her emotionally, financially Ginny was independent and stable. Her muggle odd jobs paid enough to be able to survive.


So here she was, picking up her life right where she had left it. Trying with all her might for a new beginning…for a new life.


"You know its rather discontenting to see you so far away from us," Hermione said with a saddened frown.


"I know but then again, you and Ron have already done so much for me and well, I don't want you guys to end up like me," finished a fuming Ginny, her eyes glazed over with the beginnings of tears."


"You know that application you gave to that children's hospital, tell me about that," Hermione said, changing the topic to something more pleasant.

"Oh! I almost forgot about that!" Ginny exclaimed brightly and gladly accepted topic change. They called to say that they want to see me tomorrow."


"I'm sure you'll make it, Ginny. You're so good with children."


"Yeah, you should know, I took care of yours for quite some time!" finished a hysterical Ginny.

Ron had married Hermione soon after graduating Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and immediately began starting their new family. They'd been blessed with three children, two boys and an adorable girl, which Ginny was all too glad to help out with babysitting.


"So what do you think.....will I get it?" asked Ginny


"Well you are terribly qualified for the position and we are forgetting the fact that since the time you could conjure a Patronus you have been taking care of the Weasley children."


Just when the mood was going from depressed to a little cheerful an owl swooped in and dropped a red envelop in Ginny's lap.


"A Howler? Who would send me a Howler?" asked a suspicious Ginny.


"Wait a minute…it's got the Weasley seal on it. You better open it."


As soon as the words were out of Hermione's mouth the envelope rose into the air and two tiny lips appeared where previously the Weasley seal had been!


YOU ARE A SHAMELESS GIRL! IT'S YOU THAT SPOILED YOUR FUTURE SO DON'T YOU GO AROUND BADMOUTHING US IN PUBLIC YOU UNDERSTAND! YOUR DAD AND I HAVE ALREADY BECOME A SPECTACLE IN THE WIZARD COMMUNITY, BUT I WILL NOT LET THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO MY CHILDREN WHO ARE STILL INCLUDED IN THE FAMILY! THEY HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH FROM YOUR SELFISHNESS AND I WILL NOT HAVE STRANGERS ASKING THEM ABOUT WHY YOU ARE NO LONGER OUR DAUGHTER! STAY AWAY FROM RON AND HERMOINE!.


With that the envelope burst into a hundred flames, but the voice of Molly Weasley still echoed in Ginny's kitchen.


"Some interview you gave?" Hermione asked with a raise of her eyebrows.


"They asked me why I was disowned and I just told them to ask Dad," said Ginny with the tears now overflowing.


"Hush now, it's alright. She's just a little ruffled. She'll come around eventually, hang in there…" said Hermione.


"It's not them I'm worried about," said Ginny with a sigh.


"It's not? Then what's it?" asked Hermione.


"You see even though I'm qualified enough--"


"Enough?! You're more than qualified! You have a medical degree and you have the experience of working at St. Mungo's! I think you're overqualified for changing the diapers of crying babies," said Hermione.


That brought a smile to Ginny's flushed face, "I agree, but I don't know anyone that would want to employ someone who has been all over the newspapers for the past week."


"And why may I ask…?"


"Because it's bad publicity for a relatively new hospital," said Ginny.

.


"Any publicity is good publicity, my dear…" Hermione finished looking smug.


"Thanks." With that, they hugged each other in expectation of a better future!

1