Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

A/n- Hello, Yes yes I know everyone is excited to know who the attacker is. So let's not waste time. Here goes.

Chapter 7

He heard her scream. What could possibly have caused that? Had the kiss really been that bad? As far as he was concerned it was one of the best he had ever experienced, and that was saying something.

He couldn't figure out the reason of his abrupt and reckless behavior. He had long since decided never to mix business with pleasure. But there was something about this woman that got tot him.

He stifled a groan that was threatening to escape from deep within his throat.

He hadn't been meaning to kiss her. She had just looked so cute sitting there in his car asking him to come along inside…..no sweet, so innocent! He had lost control.

But she had tasted so sweet…..! Get a grip Malfoy! She's a Weasley for Gods sake. He cursed loudly. He was thirty one for crying out loud! What was it about this woman that got to him?

What was it about her that prompted him to act like an out-of-control teenager?

He heard her scream again, louder this time. But it wasn't frustration that he detected in that one, it was fear. FEAR!!!! Was something wrong? He scrambled out of the car and in his haste ripped his sleeve apart, but he didn't care. Please let her be okay, he chanted under his breath, barely aware of doing it. He reached the door and gave it a mighty tug!

It wouldn't budge!!!

He raised his fists and started banging hard on the door. Panic gripped him and his throat contracted painfully. He heard her scream again. Damn! He retreated a few steps and then with all the force he could muster he crashed back into the door.

It flew off its hinges. He stood still trying desperately to catch his breath and squinting hard to make out her exact position in the house.

He caught sight of her. She was standing not far away from the hall door….but she was camouflaged in the darkness.

He took a step inside……..

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny Weasley whimpered. Her throat had long since closed down and the only way she was going to survive this encounter was to hide away from her attacker.

She stood there….in the darkened corner, very near to the door , with her back hanged in fear and tears rolling down her eye's.

Her attacker was still standing on the darkened porch. The door lay, long forgotten on her hall floor. She saw him a lot clearly this time - he was tall…..very tall, intimidatingly tall. She was not ready for another attack.

For the past one week her dreams had been haunted by this tall stranger who would chase her down a windowless corridor and then she would come up against a dead end and then he would point at her and vanish into thin air. She didn't want to face him, couldn't face him. She didn't want to die.

She wanted to help Hermoine raise her kids. She wanted to pacify her parents. She wanted to make something out of herself. She wanted to share more kisses with Draco Malfoy. That thought brought with it a totally alien strength...

She picked up the small vase kept on the nearest table. Meanwhile her attacker took a steady step into the hall and in that very second Ginny brought the vase crashing down on the man's head. She saw him turn towards her, and as the light caught his face she realized with dread……..Draco Malfoy???

"Oh….oh Draco I'm so s-sorry. I-I didn't m-mean to….." but it was no use. Those deep gray eyes were closing and the last expression she read in them was pain.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Draco, oh I'm so sorry. Please be alright". Draco Malfoy felt something cold against his forehead. But he focused all his attention on the soft feminine voice next to him. Ginny!

With great effort he opened his eye's to find himself still on the soft carpeted floor. An apparently upset Ginny was pressing ice to his forehead with one hand and rubbing his hands with her other free one. He could make out the tear stains on her face.

"I'm not dead. You can stop crying now" he said in the tenderest voice he could muster in his pain.

"Please don't say that. I couldn't bear it if you would be dead". That brought a moment of uncomfortable silence.

"I thought that I was hit because of the kiss we shared back in the car, tell me I'm wrong" he said.

"No no, that's not why……." She said obviously embarrassed now.

"Has anyone ever told you that you look beautiful when you blush?" he asked with amusement.

"No, no one's e-ever told me t-that" she finished.

"Do you want to tell me why you hit me?"

"I……….."

"And, why you screamt?" he asked before she could say anything.

"I don't think you would want to know" she said now looking uncomfortable with the position she was in.

He shifted his head off her lap and sat up straighter.

"Let me decide that" he said. "Decision taken, you better tell me" he finished a second later.

"Oh alright. I was attacked a week ago"

"Attacked?" he said obviously quite confused.

"Yes, the night before my first day of work….."

"So you weren't making up stories after all?" he asked.

"No I wasn't!" replied Ginny defending herself.

"Ok…go on". Draco looked oddly pale against the wall but he had to know.

"Well in the dead of the night someone broke into the house and then proceeded towards my room. But by the time he reached my room the muggle police were here….."

"The muggle what?" He asked obviously wondering what police meant.

"It's a team of officers who protect muggle's , like Auror's in some vague way…" she finished.

"Ok….so he came to your room, so no harm was done because of the polise coming?" he asked.

"Well not much serious damage….but he l-left me scared and well he's been standing outside my window every night since then……" Ginny sighed and let her head drop in defeat and helplessness.

Somehow saying the words to Draco made them oddly less threatening than they seemed a while ago.

She had been under the impression that by not telling anyone about the stranger's night visit, he would go away. But he seemed more and more real every passing day. And today……!

"So………." Asked Draco breaking into her thoughts.

"So what?" she asked tired now.

"So tonight, you thought that I was that same guy?" he asked.

"Well yeah - both of you have the same height"

"Ok………..But why did you scream before I came pounding on your door?"

"H-He left something f-for me!" she said.

"Here?"

"Y-yeah….I-it's over there on t-the landing". Her stammering was making him very uncomfortable.

"Ok….I want you to stay here….don't move!"

With apparent disease Draco rose from the hall floor. He moved towards the landing. He spotted a white sheet right in the centre.

As he picked it up….something in red caught his eye. There right across the sheet, someone had written with blood BEWARE.

A/n- I love cliffhangers like this, don't you? Oh well, I am disappointed in my reviewers. Barely five reviews for such a brilliant chapter. Oh well, keep reviewing.

Disclaimer- Not mine, how can it be when I don't even own the clothes I'm wearing. Underage you see.

-->