Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

A/n-My Apologies for the delay in posting, but as I had warned you before, I had to face my final exams for my first year at college and for those of you who want to know, they went incredibly well. Now onto the chapter, since I don't have patience.

Disclaimer-I don't own any of the characters you recognize below except Cathy, Christopher and another one, which you have to read to find out. Everything else belongs to JO!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"Who's that?" Christopher asked his breath coming out in short gasps. Apparently the idea of killing her was very exciting for him. Ginny felt her light supper coming back up and tried hard to control the urge to puke. She took a breath and said, "I don't know."

The next instant all the breath was knocked out of her when Christopher's fist pounded her stomach. She doubled over with pain and kneeled on the floor, clutching her stomach. Her eyes watered and shut automatically while she tired hard to deal with the absolute pain. "I'm trying to be nice here and you used some magic to call someone?" he shouted.

Ginny realized then, in that instant, that she was a witch. Duh! You can escape this situation with one wave of your wand. Ginny moved her hand slowly towards her waist, trying to draw her wand out without Christopher noticing. Her hand closed around the hard and cold wood, and it reassured her. She extracted it and waited for Christopher's attention to waver. As her fiancé, his short attention span had really bugged her senseless, but today she was glad that she knew these small things about Christopher. He was now moving towards the door. Ginny saw her chance and aimed her wand at Christopher's back.

"Expelliarmus." Her wand was pulled out of her reach and it bounced off the opposite wall. Ginny looked up to find -

"Cathy?" asked Christopher, turning towards the woman who had just entered from Ginny's kitchen. "You weren't supposed to come out," Christopher said in a rush. He looked like a small boy whose favorite piece on a chess board had moved without his will.

"Relax Christopher. Everything's fine," she said tucking her wand safely back into her waist.

Ginny got off the floor, the blood now returning its normal path through her legs. She raised shocked eyes to the blonde that she had met in the party and asked- "You're a witch?"

"Of course she is. I told you I didn't break in or use a key to this apartment. How else do you think I could have entered without tipping you house alarm?" Asked, raising an eyebrow at her stupidity. Ginny frowned deeply and scratched an itchy spot on her head. "You are awfully dimwit for a Business executive. If I had you for a director of my company I'd be broke before I knew it. How the heck did Malfoy appoint you?"

All this while, Cathy watched the exchange very intently. What she forgot to watch was her change in appearance. Her hair, which was a sun blonde color previously, slowly faded to white blonde, and her features changed into a slightly adult version. Ginny noted the change the minute Christopher stopped talking.

"So ginny how would you prefer to die?" asked Christopher who obviously had not yet noticed the change in the appearance of his companion.

"Not so soon honey, lets play with her a little," said the other woman in the hall who had a moment ago transformed into Emily. Emily the woman who was supposed to have left the manor, the woman who Ginny had met but a few days ago. Emily who Ginny realized had fooled Christopher in the disguise of Cathy. She obviously realized that Ginny had recognized her.

Christopher turned towards her and he exclaimed,"What do you mean? And what happened to you?" he asked, taking a shocked step back.

"Honey, listen to me, we have one common goal here, to kill her. Work with me," she said. Christopher looked into her eyes and after a moment's hesitation nodded along. The knock on the door was heard again.

"Now Ginerva, please be kind enough to open the door. And mind you, no cheating," said Emily threatningly. Ginny nodded mutely and rose to go to the door. As she reached it, she sent a silent prayer to Merlin .Let it not be Draco, Please!

As the door opened an inch wider a man's foot was stuck in. Ginny retreated back, as the force of the man pushed her. The man opened the door completely and stepped in. His clothes were hanging oddly on his slightly chubby body. His eyes looked drawn and tired, as if the man hadn't slept in days.

"Neville," she said, shocked.

"Ah! Mr. Longbottom. Glad you could join us today," said Christopher.

Neville stepped into the house, nodding to Christopher and Emily.

"Neville? You, b-broke out of Azkaban?" asked Ginny as another shock wave rolled off her body.

"I'm afraid not Ginerve,"said Emily, giving her a nasty smile. "Mr. Longbottom was helped by a few of the death-eaters in Azkaban," she said.

Ginny turned to Emily "you mean death-eaters still do magic in the prison. But I thought that their wands had all been snapped," she said. Emily gave a loud amused shriek before erupting into laughter. Ginny turned to Neville. "They use a very ancient form of magic. It took five of them days to figure it out. It was my acute need and wish to find you that fueled the magic to work wonders, and in the end I escaped," said Neville, looking at Emily.

Ginny closed her eyes for a moment, gathering all her strength to face what she knew would probably be her end. Emily stepped upto Neville and offered Ginny's wand to him. "Lets have some fun with her," said Emily. Neville nodded and accepted the wand.

Ginny eyes slowly filled with tears of shock. So many in one day were doing nothing for her nervous system. Christopher wanted to kill her. Emily wanted to kill her. Even Neville wanted to kill her. Did nobody love her? Had she really messed up the lives of so many people?

It would serve her right to die now, wouldn't it? It wouldn't be easy, but it would be the most natural thing. -her actions coming back to haunt her.. Ginny clenched her fists, ready.

And then something amazing happened. It was as if someone was giving her strength. Their strength, his strength. Ginny recognized the spell and opened her eyes to find the source of this new found strength, and her eyes landed on Neville. Neville had used another ancient spell that transformed all his powers into her body. She had studied about this spell, but didn't know how it worked. Now as the golden light of male energy combined with the scarlet of her own, she felt her body radiate with power. Her sad eyes looked into Neville's and in that moment of gratefulness, she forgave him.

"I just love you Ginny, and I just wanted to say Sorry," said Neville via some sort of telepathy that the spell created between the two of them.

And then Neville turned to Emily, pointed Ginny's wand at her chest and simply muttered "Avada Kedavra."

Since there wasn't any emotion of will to kill the person attached to the spell, and since half of Neville's strength had been transferred to Ginny, and since Neville's stay in Azkaban had made him very weak, the spell was easily deflected by Emily using another one, which Ginny supposed was taught to only insiders of the Death-eaters clan.

As Neville's body fell to the floor, the tears that Ginny had been holding back slipped down her face. He really did love her. She mourned for the friend she had lost, and sent a silent prayer for him. So many innocent people- Ron, Neville, Her.

No! Not me. They won't get me!

She felt the energy swell within her and she wiped the tears off, standing straight up and facing Emily. Emily, done with Neville, also turned to her. Their eyes locked, and for a moment she felt Emily's will wander. She blinked her eyes, and then in a flash the hesitance was replaced by anger.

"You're going to die, Ginerva Weasley, and there will be no one to save you," She said.

A/n-Ah! You're going to die. Woohoooo! Good Gracious! Sorry, just got carried away. I am so absolutely proud of this chapter; I cannot imagine what you guys must be feeling at this particular moment. Don't worry and be patient. The next chapter will be up soon. Review!


-->