Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

a/n- to say that the funeral is going to go bad is an understatement. I know that many of you were surprised because of the attitude of the Weasley's since the beginning, but their presence and attitude in this chapter in imperative to their reconciliation with Ginny towards the end, so please don't complain.

I know killing Ron was a very sad thing to do, but it had to be done. I'm sorry, but that was the only way that I could have gotten in the Hermione/Harry angle. Portkey can't take my fic off the board now that it meets with all the requirements.

Thanks for all your wonderful reviews- and a very Happy Valentine's day to all of you.

Disclaimer- I don't own any of the below mentioned characters.

As she entered the grounds where the burial was to take place, Ginny felt an odd foreboding feeling at the pit of her stomach. What was she doing? This was all her fault, if it hadn't been for her foolishness Ron would have been alive. Molly Weasley was right, it was always her fault. Ginny felt her hands tremble. She tightenened the coat more securely around herself

"Nervous?" Asked Draco. She looked up at the man at her side, and gave him a small smile. He looked really like a malfoy today, unlike the day in the hotel room. His hair was pulled back where it shone in the early morning sun. A few tendrils rested on his forehead and added a different kind of tenderness to the all hard face. He took her hand in his and gave it a small squeeze. "Don't worry, everything will be fine," he said.

She believed him, in that moment if Draco Malfoy had told her that she was a pig she would have believed him and grunted all the way to India.

She took a deep breath and left his side to go meet Hermione. It had been only twenty four hours since she'd seen her friend, but it seemed like an eternity. On her way to the group standing in one corner, she turned to look for Draco again. He'd taken up residence next to Harry. She smiled as she saw both men give each other acknowledging looks. Ginny turned and approached the group slowly.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

"What happened dear?" asked Molly Weasley as she rocked a teary eyed Hermione. She moved her hands up and down Hermione's spine, soothing her. Penelope moved around them trying to hand a tissue to Hermione, but the two women either didn't notice her or chose to ignore her odd actions.

Ginny remembered how Penelope was often ignored unknowingly by her mother even while she was with the Weasley's. She moved towards her and said softly, "Its no use, they won't hear you. Do you mind if I take that tissue," she said as she felt tears form in her eyes. She was seeing her family after so long, it felt like a dream.

Penelope turned and looked blankly at her. Ginny could feel her hesitance to go against the family. Her face fell, and she turned to move away. "That's alright. I think you need this tissue more than Hermione does," said Penelope. Ginny's face lit up and she turned to see Penelope smiling, encouraging her.She hugged Penelope, and she could see the tears falling from her own eyes.

"How have you been?" she asked.

"Not too good," replied Ginny. She looked around for any sign of Katie or Angelina, after Hogwarts she always seemed to be closer to her sister-in-laws than her brothers. "I've heard," said Penelope.

"Well well, if it isn't Ginerva," said Molly Weasley who had moved Hermione away and was now standing all alone. Molly Weasley, Ginny never felt more lost and confused than she did at that moment. Her mother didn't look like herself, and that scared her.

"Hello Mother," she said stiffly. She ignored her presence and looked around for any sign of Draco, she needed him now. She felt vulnerable under the steady gaze of her mother.

"I told you to stay away from Ron and Hermione, didn't I?" she asked rhetorically. Her hands rested on her hips and she tried to turn her angry glare at Ginny. Ginny cringed in mortification as she remembered the howler her mother had sent her.

"Yes I remember," she answered.

"And yet you continued interfering with their lives. You see what you've done, don't you? Because of your foolish mistakes I have lost a son," she said, her voice rising. People all around them stopped talking. Everyone waited for Ginny to say something in return to the accusation, to defend herself. They expected her to stand up for herself.

But all Ginny could do at that moment was stand there like a statue, while tears fell down her cheeks. Why did her mother have to be like this? She felt Penelope move away from herself, and realized that this was her battle to fight, and daughter or not, Molly Weasley had definitely not forgiven her for being responsible for the loss of Ron's life.

Draco had assuared her that the family was willing to act civil towards her and that her engagement was a forgotten matter. Now she knew what he meant, the family was only willing to act civil towards her for the sake of their prestige in society. Nobody wanted bad publicity. But the loss of a son couldn't have left Molly Weasley unaffected.

"Don't have anything to say for yourself, do you?" she asked. Ginny looked twice at her mother's face before letting her temper get the better of her.

"You talk of family, mother. You of all the people, who threw her daughter out on the streets only because she wanted to meet someone she truly loved. Only because she didn't want to compromise on her dreams and lead a life full of exactly that- compromises. Just because I wanted to find true love like you said you had? Oh Mother! That should make you feel even more ashamed than I am feeling at this moment. Yes, I agree that I am responsible for Ron's death, but I didn't do anything consciously. I loved him and would willingly trade my life for his at this very moment, I will. But you………." Her voice trailed off. She felt everybody around her waiting for her to finish her sentence.

"Ginny." She turned to see Draco by her side. "I think we should leave," he said softly, taking her hand in his.

"What about Hermione?" asked Ginny. Suddenly this outburst didn't feel like a good idea. She took another look around her to see the entire Wizarding community either supporting her or mocking her. She sighed, this would make another headline. "You're right. I'll just go say bye to Hermione," she said.

"There's no need for that. Harry and Hermione have taken Ron's body to Mungo's," he said softly. Ginny looked puzzled. Why would they take Ron's body to the hospital? "Ron had donated his body parts to those who needed it. He'd done it long time back, he wanted to be remembered in a good way after he died," finished Draco. Ginny could feel fresh tears form in her eyes, and she buried her head in Draco's coat. "Please get me away from here," she said desperately.

Draco nodded and quietly led her to the exit, away from the probing eyes of many people who saw what Draco couldn't see. The Malfoy loved the Weasley.

@@@@@@@@@@@

As they apparated back to the cottage, Ginny had broken into full fledged sobs. Draco felt his heart twist in pain as he saw her tear stained face. He understood the inner battle that she was fighting, and he knew that eventually she'd loose it. But he wanted her to fight.

He threw his coat, and gently picked her up in his arms. This incredible woman had seen so many difficulties in the past two months. He kissed her softly on the forehead and deposited her on her bed. He looked down at her, and felt tears form in his own eyes. He turned to leave, but an arm caught his wrist.

"Please stay with me Draco," said Ginny softly. She looked at him, and pleaded with her eyes.

"Ginny, I can't." He realized that if he stayed today, things could get out of hand. He didn't want to make love to her while she was in this state. He wanted her to be a willing partner. He didn't realize that he'd said it aloud.

"Draco, please stay. I need you tonight," she said before breaking into more sobs. Helpless to do anything else Draco lowered his head and captured her lips in a soft kiss. It was like everything before and yet different. His control was about to snap before he broke the kiss and looked down at her. They looked silently at each other for a moment, their bodies crushed together against the bed. Suddenly, Draco's self control snapped and he dipped his head and captured Ginny's lips in a brutal yet passionate kiss. Very unlike the kiss they had shared with so much love and emotion previously, this kiss was about frustration, Need and anger.

After a moment's struggle, Ginny gave in to the feelings that the kiss was stirring in her and kissed him back. He nearly lifted her off the bed as he crushed her tighter to his chest. In response, she tore her arms from his grasp and put them around his neck - pulling herself up to wrap her legs around his waist. He briefly lost his balance and leaned back and gave a small smile as he began a frantic exploration of her body through her robes. Ginny broke away from the kiss to mutter a quick charm and suddenly, they were both undressed, their bodies touching. As they connected, they stopped their insane movements for a moment and both gasped. Then, all thoughts of the Weasley's, the stalker or other women that might have shared Draco's bed were gone as they began moving together Not willing to break the spell that had somehow been cast, neither made an attempt to move their activities to a slightly more leasurious pace.

Soon, Ginny felt the explosion, as a million colors flashed before her eyes. This moment of happiness was hers, and she'd shared it with Draco the man she loved. And in that moment, as Draco reached his climax, he heard the words that Ginny would have preferably hidden. She loved him.

He stopped his movements and looked down at her. She still hadn't realized it. He rolled off her and gently took her in his arms and rocked her to sleep. He loved her too, and he was going to make sure that her life was perfect, before he confessed his love.

a/n- So there you go, he loves her too. This story is coming to an end, and the next three chapters are very crucial. So review, and I'll update them soon!


-->