Unofficial Portkey Archive

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

My Boss .......Draco Malfoy?

Rid

A/n-I'm sorry if you felt that the previous chapter was rushed, but then I was excited and it just happened.

For all those who want some Harry/Hermione action- the next chapter is crucial. That one will change this aspect of the story, forever!

Disclaimer- Don't own any of the characters.

Ginny stepped into their room and took a deep breath. Funny how moments earlier the idea of their room would have made her feel odd, now it felt completely natural. She was feeling rather sorry for Draco, whose hair was now in a royal mess. He needed some rest. They could talk in the morning and get other things in order.

She looked around the room, modestly decorated, it wasn't something out of a magazine, but the room had a kind of warmth that was missing in other luxurious hotels. A queen-size bed rested on one side of the room adorned with a small canopy on top, where hangings in the most exquisite blue added a touch of feminine grace to the all masculine room. The sheets were also of a similar color, but of a different and definitely softer material. Satin, probably.

The other side wall held a small cherry-wood wardrobe that added to the warmth of the room. A charming little vanity case was next to it, and Ginny saw Draco move towards it immediately. She moved followed him inside. A heavy silence hung in the room, as the tension grew. Suddenly Draco laughed loudly. Curious, Ginny turned to find out what exactly was amusing his so much. She immediately realized it; Draco Malfoy had seen his reflection. He did look like a first class clown. She turned to keep her wand safely away when her attention was caught by her car keys which she found somewhere deep within her coat. She turned abruptly, as the thought of the jeep struck her.

The sight that met her eyes was incredible. Draco Malfoy, apparently fed up of the wet clothes that hung to his body, had decided to remove the very white shirt that had captured the old woman's eyes. What lay beneath that shirt, would have prompted her to faint. Her eyes acquired a will of their own as they took in the vast expanse of skin and muscle that made up Draco's torso. Her gaze lifted steadily, until it met with his. He quirked one eyebrow, amused. "See something you like?" he asked.

"Very much," muttered Ginny before clearing her throat. "Didn't you bring the jeep along?" she asked. Judging by the way he was grinning, she was suspicious that he had heard her earlier comment.

"Yeah I did. But the weather got nasty, so I pulled off the road and walked in here," he said taking a step closer to her. "What about you?" he asked taking another few steps closer. Her breath caught in her throat, as she realized that she was very close to him. Water droplets gleamed on his chest, as he ran a hand through his hair. He found her staring at him, and sheepishly brushed away a strand of red hair from her face. His proximity was making her dizzy, as his smell surrounded her. Her knees felt rather weak, she was afraid they would give way.

Draco raised his hand, as Ginny let out a soft gasp of anticipation. His hand however went to the towels that hung on the wall behind her. He offered her one and then took a step back to go work on drying his hair.

Ginny realized what a fool she looked like, and closed her open mouth. He merely winked at her. "My car broke down," she squeaked. "The man at the reception didn't know English and the woman was giving me glares. She disapproved of young women going out on their own during the night, especially during such weather," she said trying to ease the tension in the room by trying to copy the woman's outraged expressions. She raised one hand and rested it one her chest and said "Woman these days," in a voice that was outrageously close to the woman's.

He broke into rich laughter and Ginny felt tingly all over. He went back to drying his hair, as Ginny moved towards the loo. It was going to be a long night.


%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%**%*%*%


Malfoy, dude, relax. It's just another night, in just another bed. |Just another woman sleeping next to you.
But was it?

Draco Malfoy carefully raised his head off his pillow and stared intently at the woman lying next to him. She seemed to be fast asleep. Only he knew how long she had lain there, uncomfortable about the fact that they were sharing a bed.

He didn't know what the big deal was anyways. It wasn't like she had a boyfriend or a fiancé at home she had to answer to. Nor was she living with her nosy family anymore. The only people who would be remotely worried about the woman sleeping with her boss would be Ron and Hermione and probably that Richie guy. He'd looked a lot more worried than a resort owner should look like and that bothered Draco.

He turned to look at his wrist watch that lay on a small table next to the bed. It read 4:30 am.
Ginny mumbled in her sleep, something about a chocolate frog, as Draco turned back to her. He smiled softly, and bent to place a small kiss on her forehead. So innocent, so trusting. And yet this was the woman who had borne the fury of two lunatics. He felt deeply sorry for her. It should have been her family, who fought for her safety, supported her while she crumbled under the weight of the death threats, but here she was, facing all of it alone.

The voice in his head told him to be the one that protected her. Merlin knew he wanted to, but would she allow him. The conversation he'd had with her cleared a few things. He knew he wasn't in love with her, but then he didn't hate her either. He wanted to explore these new feelings that the woman awoke within him. He looked down at her again, and shifted his weight slightly so that it wasn't on his hand. She whimpered in her sleep, and Draco softly bent close to hear what she was saying.

"No please, please let me go. Please………"


She was obviously having a nightmare. Probably one about the stalker. Looking at her helpless form trying to battle with the shock and fear of the stalker, Draco made a decision then and there. He would help her fight this man.

He took her whimpering form in his arms, and gently stroked her hair, muttering reassuring words in her ear. This woman was special, and he was going to do everything in his power to help her overcome this odd obstacle. Their future could wait. And he slept.


%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%

A/n- Next chapter, some bathroom incidents. Get readies people. My funny bone's tickling.


-->