Unofficial Portkey Archive

Moving On by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Moving On

Konflickted

A/N: Ok, so this is a little uncomfortable to say. Anyone under the age… 14… 16… should just skip this chapter. It will not really add anything to the plot in the grand scheme of things. The next chapter will be along shortly. Ok, that's the Mommy in me talking. Should you read it anyways, please don't be horribly scarred for life.

Disc.: Created the plot, not the characters. I own nothing outside of the errors.

***

Chapter Twenty-Five

"Please tell me that you're not reading that book again," Alice begged as she threw herself across Lily's bed. Lily looked up with a stupid, pathetic grin.

"But Alice, it's just so…"

"Addicting? Hot? Entrancing? Thrilling?" Alice offered as she propped her head up on one of her arms to look at Lily. Lily nodded.

"Yes, all of the above," Lily said. "Is it so awful?"

"Why read about it, Lily? Why not do it?" Alice asked shaking her head. "No one waits anymore. Would you buy a broom without giving it a ride around the block?"

"This isn't about broom, Alice," Lily said exasperatedly. "I want to, I do, but James has it in his head that I want to wait until marriage."

"Where would he get an idea like that?" Alice asked as she raised an eyebrow at her best friend. Lily blushed.

"I kind of told him a while back as a deterrent. I just never thought that I would want to," Lily said. She blushed again. "Then again, I never thought I'd be dating him either."

"Ooh, whatcha reading?" Libby asked as she entered the room, joining Alice on Lily's bed. Lily held up the book so Libby could read the title. "I've never heard of that before."

"How could you have never heard of Forster Garbus?" Alice asked shaking her head. Lily smirked.

"Alice's never heard of it either," Lily insisted.

"What's it about?" Libby asked as Jackie and Bridget, the other two girls who shared the room, entered.

"Better than just telling everyone," Alice said cheerfully as she patted the bed next to her so the other girls would join them. "Lily, you ought to read a passage from it."

"Yeah, do it!" Libby cheered clapping her hands.

"I can't," Lily said biting her lip.

"Come on," Bridget and Jackie encouraged.

"You have a great reciting voice," Alice coaxed. "Like a floo sex operator."

"Guys," Lily protested. "You don't understand. If I read this, you could…"

"What? Die?" The girls laughed.

"No, worse," Lily said blushing. She lowered her voice. "The book has a spell on it. If it is read aloud, anyone who hears the words will…"

"Will…" The girls encouraged.

"Will have…" Lily stumbled. Her face was the color of a crimson sunset.

"Spit it out girl," Alice laughed.

"An orgasm," Lily practically whispered. The other girls laughed rowdily.

"Perfect! I haven't had one of those since my days with Sirius Black," Jackie cheered. "Read on, Lily Evans. Make me writhe and moan."

"I can't! This is mortifying!" Lily cried as she covered her face.

"Ah, come on," Alice coaxed. "If you read then I will think of a way that you and James can finally play a game of hide and go seek."

"Hide and go seek?" Bridget said confused. "Why in the world would she want to play such a childish game?"

"She means sex," Jackie explained.

"Ooh, sex!" Bridget cheered clapping her hands excitedly. "Sex with James Potter!"

"Could you stop saying that?" Lily moaned.

"I bet he's hung like a horse!" Jackie chuckled. Alice laughed hysterically, shaking her head as tears streamed down her face.

"I… bet... he's… hung," Alice said in gasping breaths. "Like… a… stag…"

"Alice!" Lily squeaked loudly. Alice laughed again, snorting as she inhaled which sent the girls into a tizzy.

"Maybe you'll be lucky and Sirius will have taught him that thing his does with his tongue," Jackie blurted out. It was too much for Alice who was shaking so hard as she laughed, her arms wrapped around her sides to keep her body from shaking apart.

"What does he do?" Bridget asked innocently.

"This lapping thing, like a dog," Jackie said chuckling. Alice practically screamed from laughter and fell backwards off the bed. Lily laughed as Alice continued her laughing and snorting from the floor. Gasping for breath, the girls righted themselves.

"So, that'd be a no for reading?" Jackie said as she calmed down a bit.

"That'd be a no," Lily said. She checked her watch. "Plus we have like ten minutes until potions and Professor Slughorn is teaching us the theory of counteractive principles."

"You say that like you are familiar," Jackie said. Alice chuckled as the girls climbed free of the bed.

"Lily's an old pro at anything in a book," Alice said as she watched Lily slip the book in her bag. "That's why I know she'll be hooking up with James any day now."

"I already told you," Lily said as the five girls headed out of the dormitory. "He said `no'."

"Do you think he is gay?" Bridget wondered aloud. "I mean because you are hot, you know."

"Gee, thanks Bridget," Lily said blushing slightly. "I don't think he is though, the way he goes about the castle cat-calling the girls and what not."

"It could be an act, but you're probably right," Bridget said as they passed through the portrait hole and headed toward the dungeon.

True to his word, Professor Slughorn spent the better part of class going over the theory of counteractive principles. Having already learned more than she'd ever need to know about it, Lily pulled out her book from her bag and placed it over her potions book to read it undetected. It was, as she had said before, a rather entrapping book. She shifted uncomfortably in her chair, her arm bumping Remus' arm. She glanced up at him for a second before returning to reading.

"You may want to stop reading that in class," Remus warned her, his mouth near her ear so that Professor Slughorn wouldn't hear him. The slight tickle of his breath mingled with the warmth of his words and the spell of the book nearly had her cry out. She nodded quickly, her hand gripping the table as a last ditch effort to calm down and hang on to her silence.

"Miss Evans," Professor Slughorn said stopping Lily from closing the book. Apparently Remus' action hadn't gone unnoticed.

"Yes, Professor," Lily said in an almost breathless way. She felt a strong pulling sensation in her stomach and bit her lip to stay in control, her teeth piercing the flesh slightly.

"I'm surprised at you, doing other things in my class rather than pay attention. While I know that you have already mastered this theory, perhaps others haven't," Professor Slughorn said as his hand remained on the book, not allowing Lily to close it.

"I'm sorry, professor," Lily barely managed. "May I go to the lavatory?"

"No," Professor Slughorn said shaking his head. "I'm sorry but I think you need to read aloud to the class from the book that you think is more important than counteractive principles."

"Oh, God, please no," Lily moaned slightly.

"It's either that or detention, Miss Evans," Professor Slughorn said rather crankily. "I know you'd hate to give up your perfect record of behavior."

"It's not a good idea, me reading," Lily practically cried out.

"You have a lovely reading voice," Professor Slughorn said as he pulled a stool to the front where everyone in class would have a great view of her reading. Lily reluctantly, painfully, stood and walked to the front of the class. Sitting on the stool, she looked out among her seventh year peers which included most of seventh year Gryffindor and most of Slytherin, since for some ungodly reason they shared many classes together.

"Please, professor," Lily begged quietly. He crossed his arms over his potbelly and looked indifferent.

"You obviously thought it was important enough to read in my class," replied Professor Slughorn as he took a seat at his desk. "So it must be something the rest of the class needs to know more than the counteractive principles theory."

"Oh, God," Lily groaned. She took a deep, calming breath. She couldn't look up at her roommates who were snickering. She shot Alice a dirty look which did nothing to silence the girl.

"It's not so much that they were together, because they had always been together," Lily started as she tapped her foot nervously on the stone floor of the dungeon classroom. "It was something in the awakening that drove a stake through their morals. They had, after all, been raised by the same parents in the wilderness, their own parents killed in battle. No, they weren't siblings, but Rowan and Zoe had been raised as brother and sister. When their surrogate parents perished, they spent the first of many nights alone in each other's arms. They could never seem to get close enough to get warm or to starve off the loneliness they felt. An embrace lead to so much more…"

Lily looked to Professor Slughorn, pleading with her eyes. He shook his head and gestured for her to continue. To Lily, the room seemed to become unbearably stifling and she loosened her tie a bit, the nervous tapping of her foot increasing in tempo.

"It wasn't clear who started what first, as the two were never apart," Lily said trying to keep her breathing easy and not skip ahead to more tantalizing text. "Zoe had been the first to the watering hole that day, stripping down to nothing before plunging into the water joined shortly by Rowan. Shivering, Zoe swam into his arms, pressing her body against his for warmth. It was in that moment their lips met, as they had before, but deeper. They were of one breath, one mind, and one body. They felt a stirring deep within them… a stirring that lead to Rowan's lips leaving Zoe's lips, traveling the length of her body until they came to rest on a different set of… lips."

Lily looked up pleadingly, hoping anyone would protest to the reading but each student was attentively listening, leaning forward on their arms and sitting on the edge of their seats. Lily squirmed a little, feeling very much uncomfortable at the state of obvious arousal of several of the male students closest to her, including her own dear friend Remus.

"It became obvious to the two while they had seen each other's bodies plenty of times before, they had never really taken the time to learn of each other's innermost workings," Lily continued as she shifted slightly leaning forward slightly, her knees clamped together properly. "What started as a kiss, lead to great discovery as Zoe watched how her nimble fingers stroked the flesh of Rowan's chest, trailed down his stomach, and encircled his… his… penis. With a fist full of him, their kisses deepened as the touched each other, eager to generate the warm, twisty feeling that started behind the navel and slid south between the two teens' legs…"

"I…" Professor Slughorn breathed in a labored sort of way. "I think that is enough reading for today." He shifted forward in his desk in an almost jerky motion. Lily slammed the book with a loud pop, her face pink with embarrassment. She wanted to die. It was the most embarrassing, horrific thing she had been through.

"Thank God," Lily whispered in a shaky voice as she practically ran to her seat, threw herself down in the chair between Alice and Remus, and buried her head in her arms.

"I am so in the mood," Alice whispered loudly in Lily's ear.

"Me too," Lily muttered back, not lifting her head from where she buried it. "Thank God I didn't have to finish. Could you imagine? One more paragraph and we'd be using Scourgify to clean up the mess."

"Really?" Alice said. Lily popped her head up long enough to give Alice a dirty look.

"Think about it," Lily said. Alice grinned, her cheeks turning pink.

"I was pretty close," Alice nodded thankfully keeping her voice low.

"So was everyone else," Lily moaned burying her head. "It's part of the charm of the book. Simultaneous eruption."

"So, um, Lily," James said from behind her as he leaned forward across his desk and tapping her in the center of her back with the business end of his wand gently. "Do you think you could finish reading that bit to us in the room of requirement?"

"Yes, Lily, please," Sirius practically begged. "It's been months, and one hand hockey isn't much fun."

"Oh, God," Lily groaned as she buried her face deeper in her arms. "I want the floor just to open up and swallow me whole."

"So, is that a yes?" James asked as he continued to prod her with his wand.

"Could you please stop poking me?" Lily asked. Alice snickered from her seat as Professor Slughorn was finally in a state that he could get up unhindered by his condition.

"You know, it's not healthy to leave a boy so unfulfilled," Sirius said as he rapidly shook his leg, nearly threatening to bounce the table into the ceiling with his knee. "It's quite dangerous. We could explode."

"No, you can't," Lily said as the bell tolled, signaling the end of class. She jumped up, shoving the offending book in her bag, and ran like a mad woman to the nearest wash room to splash icy cold water on her face in poor attempts to ease the burning in her cheeks.

"Fancy meeting you in here," James taunted as he slid up next to her, leaning against the sink. Lily opened her mouth to say something before realizing she had just barged in on a lavatory full of boys. Her face went from red to fire, her cheeks burned, and she silently prayed the floor would really open up and swallow her whole.

-->