Unofficial Portkey Archive

Moving On by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Moving On

Konflickted

A/N: **EDIT** Author's note deleted.

Side note, this chapter is the `revenge' chapter, and is longer. Also there is sex (though tastefully written, in my opinion). Read at your own risk.

Disc.: I own just the sorry direction this story has turned. The rest belongs to the creator.

***

Chapter 32

Lily walked slowly towards Professor Slughorn's classroom, each step as if she was carrying a vast weight upon her leg. Tonight would be her first detention, then she had patrol to attend to, and still she had several feet of parchment to write for classes. Of all the times to get detention, this was just not a really good time. Not at all.

"Ok," Professor Slughorn said as he gestured to a large table of items. "I am going to need for you to de-seed these Granates and then crush the oil from the seeds. It should take you the better of four hours."

Lily groaned, unhappy at the prospects of spending the next four hours with that foul mouth blond from Slytherin. Both girls glared at each other as Lily took her place at the opposite end of the table. Lily rolled her sleeves up and began working, ignoring Professor Slughorn's snores as they rattled the window panes made the pile of Granates shiver.

"Why did you do it?" Lily asked finally, unable to take the silent glares from the other girl. Narcissa placed her knife down on the table.

"Why? You couldn't begin to understand," Narcissa said coolly.

"Because I'm not a pure blood?" Lily retorted. Narcissa nodded. Lily shook her head and continued to work at the task at hand.

"You don't know how hard we pure bloods have it," Narcissa said insistently. "We're expected to marry other pure bloods or we are considered blood traitors."

"That doesn't explain a damn thing," Lily said losing her temper.

"Pure blooded witches and wizard have to marry each other, to make our blood lines strong," Narcissa explained as she picked up her own knife and went back to work. "I don't want to marry Lucius Malfoy."

"Then don't," Lily said bored at Narcissa's whining.

"I have to marry a pure blood, and if I can't find another one to be my husband, my father is going to make me marry him the minute school is out," Narcissa whined. "After my sister Bella decided that her loyalties laid elsewhere and my blood traitor sister Andromeda married a muggle, my father wanted to make sure that at least one of his daughters married properly."

"This is really entertaining," fibbed Lily as she continued to work on the task. She continued to crush the seeds she had retrieved and placed the oil in the small phials.

"I wanted James to get me pregnant," Narcissa said quietly, almost as if under her breath. "That way he'd be forced to marry me."

Lily squeezed the dagger so hard that the blade pierced the flesh of her palm. She looked up at Narcissa with such hate and loathing. Narcissa slowly looked up at Lily, and for the first time Lily was certain she saw sadness and fear in the blond girl's blue eyes. Narcissa's eyes grew wide as her hand fell on the dagger in Lily's hand, blood thick as it squeezed between her fingers. Lily's mind finally registered the burn of the blade in her palm and she jerked her hand open, the dagger falling with a clang to the stone floor.

"You are vile," Lily breathed as she pulled a handkerchief out of her pocket and wrapped it around her hand. "You are pathetic."

"I know," Narcissa said.

"You would have ruined more than just his life if you had been successful," Lily growled as she picked up her dagger and cleared the blade before finishing up her task.

"I know," Narcissa said softly.

"You disgust me," Lily said. She turned to the girl, her dagger pointed at Narcissa menacingly. "This is what you meant by saying that James was no good to you that way. He couldn't have sex with you and therefore wasn't going to be able to get you pregnant. You are a coward! To trick James into getting you pregnant so that you wouldn't have to marry Malfoy, it's disgusting."

"You wouldn't understand! I have to marry a pure blood!" Narcissa said. "Malfoy is just so cruel, calculating. He doesn't love anyone! How can I possible willingly marry a man who could never love me, and then have children with him?"

"Do you really honestly believe James could love you?" Lily challenged. "The man who has been trying to get ME to go out with him since first year, do you really think he'd love you?"

"He could learn," Narcissa said hopefully. "He's a man of integrity and honor."

"And he is a pure blood," Lily reminded her loathingly. "Couldn't it be said that Malfoy could learn to love you?"

"Malfoy only loves one person, himself," Narcissa said as a tear involuntarily slipped down her face. She wiped it away quickly.

"I refuse to pity you," Lily said coldly. "You nearly ruined James' life."

"Would it have?" Narcissa said doubtfully. "There are worst things than two pure bloods marrying each other because of a baby."

"You mean like poisoning one against his true love?" Lily snapped. She crushed the last of the seeds, corked the phials, and walked to Professor Slughorn's desk.

"Done already, good," the man said sleepily as he yawned. Narcissa handed him her own phials and the two girls silently collected their stuff. "I hope that this teaches you two girls that no man is worth fighting over."

"Quite the opposite," Lily murmured. "This man is worth killing for."

Narcissa looked up at her in surprise as Lily started out of the classroom. Lily checked her watch. She was late for patrol, which meant for the first time ever, she was going to have to thank whoever had covered for her. She had been patrolling since third year, and never had she been late, but now she was not only getting detention, she was being tardy for patrol.

"Hey, you made it," James said as he stood crossing his arms outside of the sixth floor girls' lavatory.

"I told you I'd be here," Lily said as she allowed herself to be kissed.

"Wow, detention makes you one cranky girl," James teased.

"What are you doing hanging out up here? Where's Remus?" Lily asked. James shrugged grinning. Lily looked at him suspiciously and pushed the door open to the girls' lavatory.

"Audience," Moan Myrtle said positively beaming. Lily raised an eyebrow and looked over at one of the larger stalls, the door missing. Sirius and Remus were holding a third person upside down by their ankles, the person's head deep in the toilet.

"A swirly?" Lily asked shaking her head as Remus and Sirius pulled Severus Snape up for a breath. "That's your big revenge? And I am the lame one."

"Hey, we had to get someone to cover for you," James laughed as Remus and Sirius lowered Severus into the girls' loo and began flushing again. The water was flowing over the bowl, soaking their shoes, but neither boy cared.

"You three are so lame," Lily yawned as she flicked her wand at them with a bored expression on her face. Severus sprung free of Remus and Sirius, sputtering and spitting. He coughed, toilet water dribbling from his mouth down the front of his robes.

"I don't need your help, you Mudblood," Severus spat angrily at Lily. "Did you ever think the reason they pick on me so much is because of you?"

"Fine," Lily snapped. "Flush away boys. Rid this bathroom of that filth."

Lily turned and left the bathroom, not carrying what James, Sirius, and Remus did to Severus Snape anymore. She grinned as she thought of her own dastardly plan, knowing it would be a million times worse than actually physically tormenting Severus. She headed straight back to her dorm room and began looking around for what she had been collecting since she found out about Severus' plot against James. The boys may not want her help, but they needed it.

Lily finished up her patrol through the school, not running into another student during her walk. She headed down to the bowels of the school, where the house elves did all of their work. As expected, the house elves were hard at work and barely noticed her. One house elf sauntered up to her, handing her a package. Lily smiled and nodded, taking it without a single word exchanged. She glanced at the wall of shelving, each one foot by one foot cube assigned to a specific student, broken up by houses, grade levels, and then by name.

Lily walked to one of the cubbies and pulled out the parcel that was waiting in it, replacing it with the parcel in her hand. She smiled, and left the laundry facility, heading back up to her dorm room. She tossed the parcel on her bed, sighing, and kicked off her shoes. She pulled off her clothes and pulled on her favorite pajamas before grabbing her book bag and heading back down to the empty common room to work on her essays. She spread out over the cocktail table and the two sofas closest to the ideal fireplace.

Sometime after midnight, James, Sirius, and Remus re-entered the common room laughing and goofing off. Lily looked up at them wearily, shaking her head. They looked like they were three very naughty boys caught doing things that they shouldn't have been doing. Lily was almost inclined to tell them off, but she remembered that they were all well above legal age now. The boys didn't need her mothering them to death. Lily turned back to her essay.

"What are you working on?" James asked as he broke the silence. Lily looked up.

"Essays for Defense and Transfiguration," Lily said tensely. Sirius and Remus continued up the stairs, leaving Lily and James alone in the common room.

"Do you want to take a few minute break? You look tense and tired," James offered. Lily nodded.

"I am tense and tired," Lily said. James walked over and glanced at Lily's tiny handwriting, so neat and perfect.

"You know you'd be done already if you didn't write so small," James offered. Lily laughed and rolled her eyes.

"I just want to get good marks," Lily said. James wrapped his arms around her.

"I don't think you could ever get a bad mark," James whispered as he kissed her neck. Lily giggled despite herself. "Perhaps a walk to the astronomy tower?"

Lily couldn't believe she was skipping out on her essays to spend some late-night, after hour time with James in the astronomy tower. Lily wasn't stupid, though. She knew what would happen in the astronomy tower, for sure. Lily found James more than eager to kiss her quite possessively, much to her delight. She nearly didn't even think about all the girls he had been kissing over the past weeks.

"I love you," James breathed as he moved his mouth from her mouth, his lips brushing her neck.

"I love you too, James," Lily said simply as James' fingers nimbly unbuttoned her shirt. She breathed in sharply as his hand slid between the crisp fabric of the shirt and the lacy bra underneath. She wasn't shy or hesitant as she kissed him, their clothing being snatched off here and there until they were laying quite close, nothing but air between their sandwiched bodies.

"Are you sure?" James asked her as she allowed herself lay back against the cool stone of the floor.

"Yes," Lily said. James shook his head.

"Not here," James said. He pulled out his wand and summoned his broom.

"But under the stars!" Lily protested.

"Trust me," James said shoving her clothes back in her hands. Lily pulled on what she could find, the rest oddly missing from the pile. James climbed onto his broom, wearing only his trousers, Lily joined him. The two of them headed deep into the forbidden forest before landing in a mossy clearing by a stream.

"Is this where I think it is?" Lily asked.

"Where Remus attacked, yes," James said. Lily shot him a look.

"Why here?" Lily asked.

"This is where I was when I realized how much I really love you and that I would do anything to be with you forever," James said quietly as he conjured a soft blanket. He lowered himself to the blanket and helped her down to the spot next to him. He kissed her softly, tenderly as he again unbuttoned her shirt.

"Oh," Lily murmured as James reached pulled her shirt free from her body, placing affectionate little kisses on her shoulders, trailing down between her breasts.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever known," James murmured as he caressed one of her breasts while sampling the other. "You are so smart, funny, and I couldn't imagine my life without you in it."

"Um," Lily moaned as she felt his mouth leave her skin. She watched him in the nearly full moon… had it already been a month again? James finished undressing her slowly, as if prolonging his pleasure just to torture himself.

"I promise, I will make you very happy, Lily," James promised as he freed her from the last of her clothes. She nodded, unable to speak. She watched as he undressed, standing before her as bare as the day he was born.

"I love you James," Lily whispered as James joined her on the blanket.

"I love you, Lily," James replied as he lowered his mouth to hers. He went slow, not certain if he was doing it right. It was the most indescribably intense action he had experienced. He continued to kiss her as he paused, waiting for her to get used to the sensation herself.

"I'm ok," Lily promised.

"Ok," James said as he struggled a moment. His body wanted to go fast but his mind warned him to go slow. Though he normally would listen to his body, his mind was right and he complied with what his mind insisted. He didn't want to hurt her.

"I… think I'm," James moaned slightly. Lily nodded; her mouth met his in one of their more passionate kisses. James flinched slightly, unaware that a release with a girl would be so much more intense than when he released on his own. James rested his head against her chest, waiting until the last possible moment before pulling free of her.

He rolled off of her, pulling her against him. He felt the strongest pull to sleep, but he knew from listening to Sirius that girls liked to cuddle afterwards and got cranky if the boy fell asleep directly after. Still, James had a hard time staying awake. He focused on the stars up in the heaven, watching them twinkle, millions of light years away. He looked down to see Lily was fast asleep, her face on his chest and her body pressed against his.

The next morning, Lily was terribly mad that not only had he let her sleep, that she was still naked out in the middle of the forbidden forest. She pulled her clothes on quickly, ignoring James as he watched her so amazed at her body. She looked at him and slapped his shoulder.

"Get dressed otherwise we are both going to be late for class," Lily growled. James snapped into action, pulling on his clothes. They headed straight to class, hoping to slid into their seats right before the bell.

"You're nearly late," Alice whispered, leaning across the aisle to talk to Lily. "And you look like hell."

"Thanks, Alice," Lily replied.

"Your stuff was all over the common room this morning," Remus said simply as he handed her the book bag. She threw her arms around Remus.

"Thanks!" Lily said.

"Sirius finished your essay for you," Remus warned. Lily's mouth dropped and she jerked it free from her bag, flipping to the end. He had matched her handwriting perfectly and he had finished it perfectly. She glanced behind her to where Sirius was sitting next to James.

"Thanks," Lily mouthed at Sirius. He shrugged and smiled.

"You have grass in your hair," James murmured as he reached forward and pulled a few blades free. Professor McGonagall summoned all of the essays to the front just as Severus and Narcissa entered the classroom late. Narcissa had been using hers to cover her obviously too small uniform (but only in the waist) and Severus' burst out of the bottom of his back pack. The class stared at the two of them as multicolored bras and panties exploded out of Severus' back pack… a particularly bright colored bra clung to his scroll.

"Oh my GOD!" Libby cried out as she recognized the bra. "That's where my bra went!"

"T-those aren't m-mine," Severus stuttered as Libby snatched her bra off Severus' scroll, the little metal hook ripping the parchment.

Ripple of laughter from the boys was barely audible over the outrage of the girls as they recognized missing unmentionables. Horror crossed Severus' face, his face flushed. Professor McGonagall looked neither shocked nor amused as Severus started scooping up the panties and bras, insisting that they weren't his and that he didn't know how they could have gotten into his back pack.

"That's just disgusting, you pervert," Alice sneered as she plucked a pair that had her name written on them. Severus shook his head.

"I didn't- I wouldn't," Severus stumbled through as he looked helplessly at Professor McGonagall.

"Mr. Snape, I don't know where you got your collection of Hogwarts' girls unmentionables, but I recommend that you give them back this instant," Professor McGonagall said sternly. One by one, the girls milled forward, leering at Severus as if he were some sexual predator, to claim their unmentionables. Most girls set them on fire the minute they claimed them, not wanting to put on the underwear that was pilfered by him.

Lily stepped forward last, the last pair of panties clutched in Severus' hand tightly. She frowned, not remembering putting a pair of her own in the bag. She slowly took them, recognizing them from last night. Realization that he possibly could have been in the astronomy tower last night, that he could have seen her with James… no worse, he probably saw her naked. She felt nauseated.

"I hope you had a good time with my panties," Lily said coldly as she waved her wand over them, the flame intense and only increasing the heat in the room.

"I swear, I don't know where they came from," Severus said though this time, when directed only at Lily, she didn't believe him.

"You are one dirty man," Lily said shaking her head, a smirk on her face to mask the disgust. She returned to her desk.

"I swear, I don't know how they could have gotten in there," Severus protested as he took his seat.

"That's enough," Professor McGonagall said as she directed her attention to Narcissa. "Dear, maybe you should go back to your dorm and change into another school uniform."

"They all fit this way," Narcissa said helplessly.

"Perhaps you should get an anti-bloat potion from Madame Pomfrey," Professor McGonagall suggested gently.

"I did," Narcissa said on the brink of tears. "It's the only reason I was able to button it as much as I can."

"Ok, well… until you can order larger uniforms, just have a seat then," Professor McGonagall said as she glanced over the class, daring them to laugh at the seemingly too chunky for her uniform Narcissa Black.

***

"I need a shower," James grunted as he sniffed himself. Sirius looked at him helplessly and nodded.

"You smell like sex," Remus offered. James rolled his eyes.

"Well, we can't all run right after class to wash away the sins of mere mortal flesh," James said poetically as Lily took the seat next to him. He kissed her and she pushed him away lightly.

"You reek," Lily said as she made a face. "You smell like us."

"Your smell isn't so bad," Remus offered Lily causing heat to rise in her cheeks. "It's James."

"Gross," Alice said as she joined them. "That you can smell things like that."

"Well, with James, I don't imagine you'd have to have that sensitive of a sniffer," Sirius said casually. "His virility is something of Gods."

"I get it, I get it," James surrendered as he stood. "I'm off to the showers, and then we're going to have a little chat about what really happened today in Transfiguration."

"I don't know what you mean, James," Lily said sweetly before giving him a devilish smile.

"Lily Evans, I swear you've got a devil in you yet," James laughed.

"Well, she did last night for sure," Sirius joked.

"Shut it, Sirius," Lily squealed throwing a couch pillow at him, hitting square in the face.

"Hurry back," Sirius warned James as he retrieved a pillow. "Otherwise you're going to come back to a murdered girlfriend."

"What?" Lily said as she ran away from him. "You are going to suave me to death?"

"Nice one," Remus laughed as James exited and headed to the showers.

-->