Unofficial Portkey Archive

Moving On by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Moving On

Konflickted

A/N: In celebration of six hours of exams that I will have on Wednesday February 13, I have decided to complete the term and the revenge. In a fate that seems to be working well for my readers, the internet is down so I am focused on writing you this entire little chapter. It is short, but concise.

Disc.: I own the plot, the grammatical errors, and such. The rest belongs to someone else entirely.

***

Chapter Thirty Three

The great hall was devoid of the long spanning tables that used to occupy the space. As head girl and boy, Lily and James oversaw the changes taking place for the preparation of their exams. James watched as Lily paced back and forth, directing the placement of each testing station. He laughed at the seriousness of the girl.

"Stop laughing James," Lily murmured absentmindedly as she adjusted one of the stations. "The tests are in a just a little while and it has to be perfect."

"You never did tell me," James said as he watched her continue to walk up and down the aisle. "Did you have anything to do what happened to Snape in Transfiguration?"

"Please, James," Lily said amused as she looked up from where she was standing. "I am head girl."

"That doesn't answer my question," James said. Lily smirked.

"It's all the answer that you are going to get from me," Lily said laughing. She glanced at her watch. "It's time for everyone to arrive. Nervous?"

"About my N.E.W.T.'s? No," James said shaking his head. "You shouldn't be either. You're the smartest person in our class."

"Such a flatterer, James," Lily said as the teachers entered the room. Lily was handed the box of quills and she began setting them down, two to each desk. She glanced at James before she continued.

Within thirty minutes, the entire seventh year class filed in and took their seats, arranged by rank. Severus Snape sat directly behind Lily Evans. As each girl walked in, they glared at Severus in disgusted. Since the incident with the underwear three weeks prior, Severus was being treated like a deviant. It was quite interesting that how many people turned and ran from Severus, even from his own house. Slytherin didn't even want to be associated with the man. He didn't have a friend in the world.

Lily glanced back at Severus and smiled, much to his surprise, before she turned around and faced forward. The professors stood at the front of the great hall, the exams in their hands. Professor Dumbledore stood and waved his hands, the door sealing them in.

"The doors will not open until the last exam is turned in, and any answers charms have been checked against the quills," Professor Dumbledore said cheerily. "Be certain of your answers for once you answer is written, the question and answer will fade from your exam."

One by one the exams were placed in front of each student. Lily glanced over at James, Sirius, Remus, and Alice sitting in a row three from Lily. She grinned at them, winked, and gave them the thumbs up.

Lily was the first done, quite satisfied with her answers. She sat back in her chair as she heard the faint pop of scrolls being vanished around her. She heard Severus sigh at the vanishing scroll and she grinned really big. It was perfect. The revenge was complete.

When Peter finally finished his exams, the last person of all the seventh year students, they were finally released. Lily jumped up, swiping Severus' quill off his desk undetected and wrapping her arms around James. He pressed his mouth against Lily's.

"I take it you did well," James said. Lily grinned.

"Why, yes I did," Lily said. She glanced at the others. "How do you think you all did?"

"Eh," Sirius said shrugging. "I think I did ok."

"I did fine," Remus said.

"We did wonderfully," Alice said laughing as Frank whispered in her ear. Alice blushed and grinned. "We'll see you all in a few minutes."

"This is yours," Lily said to Sirius, thrusting the ordinary looking quill in his hand as they headed toward the common room. Alice and Frank disappeared somewhere between the great hall and the portrait hall, presumably to physically celebrate the ending of the exams.

"What's this?" Sirius asked. Lily grinned slightly.

"You're smart ass quill," Lily said.

"The one you took from me at the beginning of the year?" Sirius asked. Lily nodded as James pulled her down into a chair with him.

"The one in the same," Lily murmured giggling as James nuzzled her neck. "Severus used it to take his exams."

"Wait, what?" James asked pulling away.

"Instead of using a regular quill, Severus wrote answers with the smart ass quill and those were the answers recorded," Lily said. "His smart ass responses will get him failed in his N.E.W.T.s. He's going to be forced to take a mandatory six week crash course in N.E.W.T. subjects and retest."

"That's harsh," Sirius said laughing. "Mr. Perfect score is going to blow his lid when he gets those over the summer."

"What do I care?" Lily asked shrugging. "He should have thought twice before he screwed with me and my emotions."

"How could you be certain that it would only hurt him?" Remus asked. Lily grinned.

"I charmed it so that only the smart answers could be written by him," Lily said. "I couldn't let him hurt anyone else again."

"Brilliant," Sirius whispered elbowing Remus.

"I just never knew you had this cruelty to you," James said grinning. "It's really exciting."

"Who's lame now?" Lily taunted laughing.

"Not you, certainly," James said kissing her neck.

"Well, since Severus is going to be tied up for the summer, now it seems like Alice and I will need a chaperone on our backpacking tour across the world for the summer," Lily said tauntingly. She feigned sadness. "I just don't know who I am going to share my bedroll with."

"Uh, me," James said slightly forcibly.

"You're not going without me," Sirius said shaking his head.

"Me neither," Remus said. He thought a moment. "Though I'm not sure what we are going to do on the full moon."

"Well, damn," Lily said thoughtfully. "I guess that I need to work on more rooms in the tent."

"Nah, James, Remus, and I can bunk up," Sirius said. Lily shot him a look.

"I'm not about to give up a summer waking up in James' arms," Lily said possessively as she wrapped his arms around James' neck. James grinned hard.

"Ok, ok," James laughed. "There's enough of me to go around."

"Such a cocky bastard," Sirius teased. "So, we can come?"

"Yeah, I suppose," Lily murmured. She summoned a piece of paper and handed it to James. "We are meeting on July 1st in Washington D.C., America. We will be there for their American Independency Day. Don't lose it, you only get one copy and we wait for no one."

"Wait, where will you be until then?" James asked as he stuffed the paper in his pocket. She grinned.

"I'll be right here with you, then Alice's wedding, a few days after school," Lily said running over her itinerary in her mind. "Then I will be heading to visit my sister until I catch a plane and fly to our meeting point."

"Fly on a plane?" James said with his face screwed up in distasteful way.

"Didn't I mention?" Lily asked. "Except in very rare places, our magic will cease to work. It is part of the charm of the muggle excursion."

"No, I don't think you did," Sirius said.

"Still want to come?" Lily asked.

"Hell yeah," James said. "But right now, I want you to come celebrate with me up in my dorm room."

"Always giving me an offer that I cannot refuse," Lily said as she let James lead her up the stairs to the boys' dormitory.

"I have another offer for you, but I want to wait until this summer to give it to you," James teased as he shut the dormitory door. Sirius glanced up at the door to see James open it slightly and hang his tie on the knob.

"So, Remus," Sirius said. "We're the last two single boys among us, aside from Peter, and that's kind of expected. It's pathetic. We've got to get a girlfriend or two between us."

"Well, until then," Remus suggest. "Perhaps some Wizarding Chess?"

***

A/N: So that is it for second term of their seventh year. The exams are taken, and summer will be starting soon. Sounds like Lily's got an interesting summer planned… the only thing missing? Well, can you guess what will be missing?

The thing I ask you readers… you choose by popular vote: A) Continue this story here or B) Start a new Story elsewhere?

You decide!

-->