Unofficial Portkey Archive

Moving On by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Moving On

Konflickted

A/N: Ok, so I know it has been a bit since I last posted a chapter. It wasn't because I was slacking, I promise. Well that's not true. I was slacking, working on other projects. Sorry! I doubt this chapter will make it up, though. Sorry again! I know this is freakishly short. Again, sorry. Wow… I feel like I am apologizing a lot.

Disc.: I claim plot, spelling and grammatical errors, and a poor sense of direction. The rest, no.

***

Chapter 31

Lily was sitting alone in the room of requirement, her wand balanced precariously on her index finger. She had her legs crossed, one of her shoes loosely dangling on her toes. She had her book cracked open and she was reading. Lily shifted slightly, turning the page.

"Please tell me you aren't back to reading that book!" Alice cried as she and Frank entered the room of requirement. Lily looked up at her best friend, grinning.

"No, I learned my lesson with that book. It's tucked away safe in my trunk. This is a little advanced charms work, here," Lily said laughing. She waved her wand and conjured two squashy chairs for them.

"Good to know," Alice said as she took the chair.

"Well, we should begin operation kill Severus," Lily said as she waved her wand and a blackboard appeared.

"Shouldn't we wait for the boys?" Alice asked. Lily shook her head.

"They're going to be late, probably," Lily said. "They never show up on time for anything."

"You must be talking about us," Sirius said as the Marauders entered the room of requirement. He laughed and took a seat in one of the chairs that seemed to have sprouted up in the room.

"Lily," Remus said nodding as he took one of the seats. James hesitated before planting a kiss on her lips and taking a seat next to her.

"Well, we all know why we are here," Lily said as she glanced up at Peter as he walked in late.

"The revenge isn't working," Sirius piped up. "Snape is disarming the traps, blocking the spells, and heading us off at every turn."

"I'd like to go on record and say `I told you so', again," Lily said. Sirius made a face.

"No one liked your idea. It was so lame," Sirius said shaking his head. Lily stuck her tongue out at him.

"I am telling you it will be undetectable, he'd never suspect, therefore he'd not be on guard about it, and it would thoroughly destroy him," Lily said.

"It's lame," Remus agreed. Lily rolled her eyes.

"Fine," Lily said crossing her arms. "It just that you guys have been working on it for over a month and we are no closer to you guys inflicting revenge on him."

"Well, if he'd quit defending himself," James said pouting. Lily shook her head at him.

"You didn't actually think he'd not be on his guard since you returned to normal. He's expecting retaliation from you guys," Lily said. "That's why my plan is better."

"Your plan is lame," Sirius whined again.

"It's not lame," Lily defended.

"It is too," James said reluctantly. Lily crossed her arms.

"Fine," Lily said. She stood up. "Do it yourself."

"Awe, c'mon Lily," James said standing. He shot Sirius a look before chasing after her. Lily was walking a breakneck speed down the corridor trying to leave James behind. The Quidditch player had a hard time catching up with her, but he managed to despite Lily's desire.

"James, I just wish that you'd back me up," Lily snapped at him as the two of them stood in the corridor. Her hands were on her hip, disappointment etched onto her face.

"I back you up, but I just don't believe that your plan is going to work," James said helplessly. Lily gave him a look.

"I bet it will destroy him," Lily said crossing her arms. James shook his head, wrapping his arms around her.

"Lily, you're too sweet to destroy anyone," James said as his mouth caressed hers. She jerked back, angry.

"I can be a ruthless bitch," Lily snapped.

"You, Lily, can be a lot of things," James said pulling her close and kissing her neck lightly. "But ruthless bitch is not one of them." James felt Lily tense up a bit and he backed away, releasing her. She looked greatly annoyed. Her arms were still crossed.

"Fine, just don't expect any help with the revenge," Lily said coolly. She kissed his lips quickly and stalked off back down the corridor. Lily hated that he still thought that she was unable to be cruel and vindictive, which right now she was feeling quite hostile. She was so deep in thought that she brushed past Severus and Narcissa without even realizing it.

"Mudblood Bitch," Narcissa breathed as Lily passed. Lily spun around.

"Excuse me?" Lily asked.

"Nothing," Narcissa smirked. Lily glared at her.

"You called me a bitch," Lily reminded her hotly. She was still pissed off.

"No," Narcissa said shaking her head. "I called you a Mudblood bitch… and I'll add that you're in heat, ready and waiting to spread your legs for any of the Marauders."

"If you hadn't been such a pathetic excuse for a pure blood, maybe you wouldn't have to poison other pure bloods to be with you," Lily taunted. She pulled out a piece of parchment from her pocket. "Wouldn't Lucius Malfoy be interested to know what his betrothed was doing back at school while he's off being the best little death eater possible."

"You cunt," Narcissa snarled as she stepped forward.

"Ladies, please," Severus said grinning as Lily stepped forward.

"Shut it," Lily and Narcissa both snapped at him angrily. Severus' face deflated as the smile left his lips and he stepped back.

"You think you know everything," Narcissa accused coldly. "James told me all about how easy you really were, how easily you spread your legs. Isn't that right, James?" The Marauders, Alice, and Frank were standing at the opposite end of the hallway. Lily glanced at them, her face red with embarrassment.

"Lily," Severus warned as Lily clenched her wand in her hand.

"You shut the hell up!" Lily screamed at him, throwing her wand to the side. "We're going to handle this without magic."

"What?" Narcissa asked as Lily made some sort of animalistic noise and lunged at Narcissa, knocking the blond girl's wand aside. The witnesses in the hallway froze.

"Should we do something?" Remus murmured as the girls clawed, scratched, and wrestled around on the floor. They were swearing a lot, though nothing seemed to make any sense. Everyone quickly shook their heads.

"Oh, wow," James said quietly. "Watching two girls fighting is actually rather hot."

"I have to agree," Sirius murmured nodding. "Even if one is my vile cousin."

"What on Earth is going on here?" Professor McGonagall shrill voice cut through the chaos of the events transpiring in the hallway. She separated the girls with precise wand motions. The girls were glaring at each other, daggers of hate and rage shooting at each other. "Well?"

"Nothing Professor," Lily said through gritted teeth as she dared Narcissa to contradict her.

"Nothing? I dare say this looks a might more than nothing!" Professor McGonagall said as she looked at Narcissa. Narcissa wiped the blood from her lip.

"It was nothing," Narcissa said coolly. "We're just trying to get the boys randy for a little play time."

"Naturally," Professor McGonagall said. "Wait, what?"

"It's part of the whole work up," Lily lied. "Narcissa and I thought it'd be fun, then I would run off to James and Narcissa would head off with Severus."

"I do not condone unmarried relations," Professor McGonagall said. "Fifty points from Gryffindor and Slytherin for fighting, and each of you will have detention."

"No!" the two girls protested.

"I don't care about your perfect records," Professor McGonagall said. She pointed down the hall. "Now, all of you off to bed before I give more detentions."

"Yes, ma'am," they all grumbled as they walked away.

"My word, and prefects and heads involved," the woman clucked to herself.

"This isn't over, Evans," Narcissa sneered menacingly.

"No, Black, it isn't," Lily growled back and the two groups parted on the stairs, Slytherins to the dungeon and Gryffindors to the tower.

-->