Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

"Michael!!!!" Draco called from the front door. Michael came to the door.

"Yes, Master Draco?" He asked.

"I need help with the bags." He said.

"Whatever did you buy?" (Okay, he sounds gay, but he's a butler. Butlers sound like that.)

"A cat."

"A cat?" Michael asked.

"Mmmm hmmm. A cat."

"And why did you buy a cat."

"To prepare for fatherhood." Draco said, handing the kitty litter to Michael.

"I beg your pardon, sir?"

"Oh. Yeah... Uh... Well.... Ginny's kinda pregnant."

"Kind of?"

"Okay, so she's pregnant."

"That is splendid new Sir. Shall I inform the other staff?"

"Uh... Sure." Draco shrugged his shoulders. Draco set Sophie's carrier on the floor. He shut the door.

"Okay, Sophie! Welcome home!" he said. Sophie came out of the carrier and peered around. She padded across the title floor and bumped into the wall.

"Ooooh! Are you okay? Yes you are!!!! You're such a good kitty!" Draco immediately said, cooing and petting Sophie. She purred and licked his fingers. Draco cuddled the cat.

"Come on Sophie. Let's set up your Kitty Hut." Sophie meowed in response.

***********

"Nellie?" Ginny asked a week later after Dinner.

"Hmmm?" Nellie asked. She was writing another letter home.

"Can I ask you some things?"

"Sure, what's on your mind?"

"Well.. How does.. How does being pregnant feel?" Ginny asked. Ginny sat on the end of her bed.

"Well... It makes you feel spoiled, cranky, bloated, and good at the same time."

"How often are you cranky?"

"Hmmmmm. I don't remember much. You like pickles." Nellie pointed out. Ginny made a face.

"I don't like pickles." Ginny said.

"Do you like mustard?"

"On sandwiches." Ginny said.

"Then you'll want Deli sandwiches a lot." Nellie put down her quill pen.

"Don't worry Gin. I was scared too." Nellie went over to Ginny and knelt down.

"This is different though." Ginny replied.

"I know. Be glad you're not having the heir to the most evil wizard of all time. It makes me sad sometimes when I look at Tim. His eyes are just like his fathers. They're deep dark pools of ink. You can stare into them forever. They're black holes. Be glad you won't have to live with that." Nellie patted Ginny's knee.

"Thanks." Ginny said.

"You can talk to me any time you've got questions, you know." Nellie said. Ginny nodded.

"Have a good sleep. I'm going to send my letter." Nellie picked up her letter and left the dormitory.

***********

"Who looks so cute in their Halloween costume? Sophie does!" Draco said to Sophie. Sophie blinked her brown eyes, the clouded one staring at Draco. Draco had dressed Sophie in a little animal costume he saw in a Muggle Store. Sophie didn't like the Witches hat that was perched on her head.

"Aw." Draco grinned. "Let's take some pictures so we can show mommy when she comes home for Christmas." Draco picked Sophie up gently, cradling her as he walked into the parlor. He picked up the camera on the coffee table and set Sophie on the couch. Sophie blinked her eyes at Draco. He clicked away.

"All right, cat. Go play. Daddy has a letter to write to Mommy." Draco brought Sophie out of the parlor and set her on the floor. Draco went up to the study and brought out a piece of parchment and a quill.

'Dear Gin-

Hope you had a good Halloween. It's not the same without you here. At least we get to spend Christmas and New Years together. I'm looking forward to it. Are you doing all right? With the baby? I've been thinking about what room to clear out. There's still time to think about it. What would you like for Christmas? I want this to be your best Christmas ever. Take care of yourself. See you in December.

-Draco'

Draco went outside onto the cement patio, overlooking the lake. He whistled for Harvey. Harvey soon came swooping over and landed on Draco's shoulder. "Take this to Ginny." Draco told Harvey, petting him on his brown head. Harvey clamped the letter in his beak and flew off, his wings beating against the crisp fall air. Draco watched Harvey fly off until he couldn't see him anymore.

*************

School was progressing well. Ginny was often tired and sometimes fell asleep in class. Janine rescued her by poking her awake when it came time to do assignments. When it was time for Herbology, Janine and Nellie bundled Ginny up in lots of sweaters and big coats in order to go out in the November cold.

"You have to keep warm. You can't catch cold. Who knows what it'll do to the baby." Janine said. Ginny glared at Janine over the wool Gryffindor scarf that was covering her mouth.

"3 more weeks until Christmas Vacation. I can't wait. I'm glad we get out earlier. I bet you are Ginny." Janine said, changing the subject.

Later on that week, Ginny was working on a letter to Draco. She was having bad stomach pains and wasn't hungry, so she skipped dinner. Janine came in to work on her homework.

"You okay Gin?" Janine asked.

"Yes. Yes, I'm fine." Ginny said. She felt very dizzy. The words on the parchment swam before her eyes. Ginny's throat stuck and her body slumped.

"Ginny? Ginny!" Janine cried out, getting up. Ginny had fallen out of her chair. She couldn't see. She could only hear the panicked voice of Janine, then the one of Nellie as she rushed into the room. All Ginny felt was pain.

"Oh my god! What happened!"

"I don't know! She just fell out of her chair and. God! She's bleeding!"

"Damnit! What do we do?"

"Get Madam Pomfrey! I'll get her into the bathroom!"

"Oh that's disgusting!!!!! Why won't it stop bleeding there?!"

"I don't know!!!! Go!" Ginny was totally oblivious to what was happening. Nellie got Ginny into one of the bathtubs in the bathroom. A long trail of blood was all across the floor. Blood covered Ginny's legs.

"Oh god.." Nellie said. She grabbed a towel and ran it under cold water. She started to mop up the blood on Ginny but it kept on flowing.

"Damn! Damn damn damn!" Nellie swore. Janine got back with Madam Pomfrey. Madam Pomfrey was too polite to swear so she said 'Darn it to Heck' instead. She opened the nurse bag she brought along with her, brought out a syringe, and injected a potion into Ginny. Ginny blacked out totally. She couldn't hear anymore, nor could she feel the pain. She woke up in the Hospital Wing, a week later.

Ginny opened her eyes. She was wearing a hospital nightgown. A wet towel was place on her forehead. Her feet were propped up on foot stools placed at the end of her bed.

"You're finally awake." Madam Pomfrey said, coming into the Hospital Wing.

"What happened?" Ginny asked, taking the towel off her forehead.

"No, no, no, dear. You keep that up there. You stay still." Madam Pomfrey wetted the towel again and placed it on Ginny's forehead.

"Now dear, tell me. Did you know you were pregnant?" Madam Pomfrey calmly said.

"Yes." Ginny replied.

"I thought so. You went though something very traumatizing. We don't know why it happened how it did."

"What? What happened? Am I going to be okay?"

"Yes, dear. You'll be all right."

"But what happened?" Ginny insisted.

"Dear… You lost the baby." Madam Pomfrey patted her arm. "I'm very sorry." Ginny laid back on the pillows, stunned. There was no baby. No baby at all.

"How did it happen?" She finally asked.

"Well, the embryo wasn't strong enough. It couldn't reach the proper functioning stage in the womb. So it was ejected from your body. It failed. You lost a lot of blood my dear."

"Did anyone um..."

"Contact Mr. Malfoy? Yes, your friend Nellie did the honors. I believe he's waiting for you. I'll go get him." Madam Pomfrey left. 15 minutes later, she returned with Draco. She waited outside the Hospital Wing, giving them time to talk.

"Ginny." Draco said, walking slowly towards her.

"Oh god. You didn't." Ginny said, weakly smiling at Draco. He had flowers and balloons in his arms.

"I did." Draco smiled.

"Oh Gin. I was so scared." Draco set the flowers and the balloons on the nightstand and leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"I thought I was going to lose you." He said. He smoothed her hair.

"When did you get here?" Ginny asked, taking a hold of his hand.

"The morning after the accident. It was when I got Nellie's letter. She said you collapsed and starting bleeding. Are you positive everything is okay now? You feel all right? I can get Madam Pomfrey." Draco said. He rested his free hand on Ginny's stomach. Ginny bit her trembling lower lip.

"What? What is it?"

"There's no baby, Draco. We lost it." Ginny started sobbing into the hospital blankets.

"It's... Gone?" Draco asked slowly. Ginny nodded.

"Draco. I'm sorry... I knew how much you wanted the baby. But... It wasn't strong enough... It... Failed." Ginny started sobbing again. Draco pulled up a chair and sat down next to her. He stroked her hand and waited for her to stop crying.

"Gin. I want to tell you about my sister."

###############EXPLANATION###############

Draco bounced up and down in the doorway of the front door of the house.

"Baby's coming home! Baby's coming home!" Draco said. The long black car pulled into the horseshoe driveway. Lucius got out of the car. Draco stopped bouncing and stood still as he went around to the other side of the car and let Narcissa out. She had a bundle wrapped up in pale sea green blankets in her arms. Lucius walked behind his wife as she went up to Draco and knelt down.

"This is your sister Draco. We named her Aurora." Draco just stared at the sleeping infant. It was pale, like his father, had his fathers nose, and his mother's chin.

"If you go inside, I'll let you hold her." Narcissa said. Draco backed away, shaking his head. He ran upstairs to his room.

Two weeks went by. Narcissa took delicate care of baby Aurora. She cried a lot. She didn't like to eat. Narcissa kept trying to get Draco to hold her, but he was afraid he would do something wrong. He would probably kill her. He would stand in the doorway and watch his mother take care of her, but never get close enough. Lucius tried to hide how he felt. The Malfoy's were a male line. They were to marry and their wives were to bear boys. Draco had woken up from Aurora's crying one night and peeked out his bedroom door. He saw his father go into Aurora's room. Draco snuck out and watched from the doorway. He father reached into the crib and picked the crying baby up. He gently shushed her and put her up to his shoulder. He sat in the rocking chair in the corner and rocked back and forth, while Aurora quieted, hiccupped, and fell asleep. Lucius looked up and saw Draco in the doorway. He shrank back.

"You can come in Draco." Lucius said. Draco walked in the room.

"Would you like to hold her?" Lucius asked. Draco stood still.

"Come here." Draco walked further into the room.

"Sit." Draco sat on the edge of the rocking chair. Lucius handed Draco Aurora. Aurora snuffled and sank into a deep sleep.

"See? You can't hurt her." Lucius said. Draco stared at his sister, so pale and so tiny. She was so delicate.

"Off to bed with you." Lucius said, taking Aurora from Draco. Draco watched as his father set Aurora back in her crib, pulling the covers up to her chin.

Aurora was just barely a month old now. Draco sometimes held her, but not for long. He liked watching his mother sing to her in the afternoons. He would sit and swing his legs on the couch until Aurora fell asleep. He followed his mom to Aurora's bedroom and watched as she was put asleep. Then Draco would go off outside to play with his toy broomstick. But one day, one day things went bad. Aurora was crying. Draco went to the bedroom and found his mother trying to comfort Aurora. She wouldn't eat, sleep and nothing seemed wrong with her. Aurora had quieted down and Narcissa put her back in her bassinet. Narcissa left the room, telling Draco to be quiet. He went up to the bassinet and peered in. Aurora's tiny body heaved up in down, heavily breathing. Her breathing slowed. Draco thought she was fine. He left the room. Next thing he knew, he didn't have a sister. His mother cried for days. His father didn't comfort her much. He was mad because Narcissa blamed him for Aurora's death. Saying if he wasn't so involved with the Dark Lord, this probably wouldn't have happened. Lucius argued back, saying that there was something wrong with Aurora from the beginning. All girls born into the Malfoy line had problems. They were always frail and weak. 'It's all in the genes.' Draco heard his father yell. But Draco knew inside that it wasn't his dad's fault or his pants fault (genes - jeans, get it? Haha). It was his fault. He was a murderer. He killed the fish and he killed his sister. From that moment on, he had learned not to love, but to hate.

###############END EXPLANATION ###############

"That's what happened? She was too weak and died that way?" Ginny said.

"Yeah. I thought I killed her. But it was all in the weak genes."

"I'm sorry." Ginny said. There was silence.

"So, you think we were going to have a daughter?" Ginny asked. Draco nodded.

"A daughter. I wonder what she would have looked like." Ginny said.

"Don't know. She would have been a beautiful girl, probably. Like her mother." Ginny smiled. Draco stood up from his chair and kissed Ginny's cheek.

"I have to get back home." He said. "Send me an owl if anything comes up. All right?"

"All right." Ginny replied.

"Enjoy your balloons." Draco said, tugging at one of the 'Get Well' balloons floating above the nightstand.

"Don't worry. I will."

Note: Okays ya'll! What did-ja think? Review! No trash, recycle!


-->