Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

Ginny was having morning sickness often. She would come to her classes groggy.

"It'll be over soon." Nellie said, one day in the common room.

"How soon?" Ginny moaned, lying on her back, reading her Standard Book of Spells book.

"I would say about.. March."

"March? At least its coming up soon. As is Draco's birthday."

"Yeah. The 9th, right?"

"Right." Ginny rested her hands on her stomach.

"I have some maternity clothes." Nellie said out of the blue. "You can borrow them."

"Don't you want to keep them?"

"No. I'm not ready to have kids with Neville. One right now is enough."

"Thanks."

"I can get Mrs. Longbottom to send them."

"You're Mrs. Longbottom though." Ginny giggled.

"I meant the other Mrs. Longbottom."

"I knew what you meant. I was just joking. Did you know my mom set up a double baby shower for Fleur and I?"

"No. Really?"

"I thought she would go ballistic about my pregnancy, but she's really happy."

"That's good. I'll go send a letter to Neville's mom now." Nellie went to the Owlrey to send the letter.

*********

Draco was sitting in Ginny's armchair in the baby room. He was reading the Wizarding Family book again. When Ginny had sent Harvey back to him, she told him about the burn cream that was still stuck in Harvey's feathers. Draco had a hell of a time getting the cream out and his fingers were nicked up with bite marks. He wasn't sure about the baby shower. He had never been one to before. When Aurora was born, there had been no baby shower. Draco often found himself in the baby room, looking at the Muggle Newspaper for baby ads. He went out shopping alone at the beginning of March. He stared in the window of a baby store. There were strollers, car seats and other baby needs in the window. He went in. A bell above the door jingled. A lady employee came over.

"Hello, sir. How may I help you?"

"I'm uh.. Looking for things for babies."

"Anything specific?"

"I saw the car seats." Draco shrugged. The lady showed Draco all the car seats. Draco fingered the Muggle credit card that was in his pocket.

"This one is the ultimate safety car seat." The lady told him all about the car seat. It sounded safe enough, with the price to prove it, and besides. He could always put a safe charm over it with his wand.

"All right. I'd like that. Can you show me your carriages? And bassinets? And baby clothes?" The lady grinned.

Draco had stuffed the car full of boxes. He had magically modified the car so it would all fit. The employee lady gave him a weird look, but didn't give it a second glance. The carriage, car seat, and bassinet boxes were in the trunk. Draco had picked out the most neutral of baby clothes in infant sizes. They were green, yellow, and he also bought one pink and one blue. Some were white with some bear called 'Winnie the Pooh' on it. He wasn't sure he wanted his kid wearing 'Pooh' but it seemed harmless. When Draco got back to the manor he put together the car seat and cursed the car verbally when he tried to install in. Michael had to help. When everything was put together, the baby clothes were stored in the dresser. The diapers that had been bought a while ago were under the changing table along with the other necessary supplies. The carriage was folded up in its 'compact' position in the closet in the baby room. The bassinet was placed in the Master bedroom, looking quite out of place in all its pastel glory surrounded by dark greens. He went back into the baby room and fell asleep in the armchair.

*********

It was Spring Break now and Ginny was home at the Malfoy Manor. You could just barely tell she was pregnant. The Weasley clan, minus Bill and Fleur, were at the Manor decorating the baby shower.

"It's too pink." Ginny said, watching as Fred and George hung up a pink banner with the word 'Congratulations' on it.

"There are blue balloons dear. It's not all pink."

"All right, fine."

"I hope Bill and Fleur get here okay. Ron, go keep watch for them." Ron sulked towards the entrance hall and kept watch. Leila, Ron's girlfriend, and Mrs. Weasley arranged the presents in a decorative manner. Mr. Weasley took Draco aside.

"I advise you take these." Mr. Weasley handed Draco a pair of earplugs.

"They're magically modified so you won't be disturbed. Believe me, with 7 kids, they came in handy."

"Thanks." Draco took the earplugs.

"Arthur! Come help Percy with the balloons!" Mrs. Weasley called.

"Yes dear! On my way." He hurried back into the living room.

"They're not here yet, but the guests are." Ron came into the living room with Nellie, Neville, Baby Tim, and surprisingly, Janine.

"Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! This place is huge!" Janine said, handing Ginny her present.

"Thanks." Ginny gave the present to Leila who placed it on top of the pile of presents with a flourish. Draco was hanging back watching everyone fuss around Ginny. Percy abandoned the balloons and went to flirt with Janine. Draco smirked.

"Um. Draco? Would you want to hold Tim for a while?" Neville nervously asked, holding out his step-son.

"Sure." Draco held out his arms. Neville carefully gave Draco Tim.

"Thanks. And uh... Congratulations."

"Thanks." Draco said. Neville hurried back to help with the balloons that Percy left. Draco looked down at Tim. Tim was staring up at him with his mouth in a little 'O' and his eyes wide. Tim hiccupped. Draco smiled. Tim squinted his eyes at Draco and blew spit bubbles. The doorbell rang.

"Ron! I told you to keep watch!" Mrs. Weasley yelled at Ron.

"That's okay. I can get it." Draco went with Tim to the door and opened it carefully, cradling Tim in one arm.

"We are 'ere!!!" Fleur called, walking into the house. The tower of gifts which was Bill came in after her. Draco shut the door with his foot.

"Draco! I thought Ginny wasn't due until November! What are you doing with that baby?"

"It's not ours. It's Nellie's. I'm babysitting."

"Ah! I see!" Fleur flounced into the living room. Bill dumped the gifts on the table. Leila fussed over the gifts while Mrs. Weasley fussed over Fleur.

"You're almost due! You look so wonderful, dear!"

"Thank you!" Fleur collapsed daintily on the couch, her big belly heaving in front of her.

"I can not wait to 'ave this baby!"

"Neither can I." Bill sat down on the couch next to her. "She keeps rolling into me in her sleep and it almost suffocates me."

"Nonsense! You roll in your sleep." Fleur said. "Can I open my gifts?"

"Sure you can." Mrs. Weasley handed Fleur her first gift.

When the party was over, Ginny was left with baby clothes, maternity clothes, a baby monitor, bibs and bottles. Ginny was resting on the couch, trying to relax. Draco came in.

"Can I get you anything?"

"No. I'm fine."

"You look so cute like that." Draco said, sitting on the couch across from her.

"Like what?"

"Laying down like that. Hands on your stomach."

"I can feel it move sometimes."

"You can?" Draco stood up and went over to Ginny. He knelt down next to her.

"May I?" Ginny nodded. Draco put his hands on her stomach. After a while he felt something bump his hands.

"Wicked.." Draco said. "Does it make you feel weird?"

"Like I swallowed a snake."

"It is one." Draco reminded her.

"Not technically. It could be a lion."

"We'll see." Draco put his hands on Ginny's stomach again.

**********

It was May and Ginny was eagerly awaiting the arrival of June so she could go home. All she wanted to do was rest and be pampered. She had received a letter from Draco, saying that his mother had sent the news of the birth of Fleur and Bill's baby. It was girl. Morgan Chloe Weasley was born on the 22nd of May. She looked most like her mother, having Veela blood in her. Ron also sent Ginny a letter, saying that their mother was now obsessed with babies and was forcing Percy on blind dates and giving Ron and Leila talks about marriage. That made Ginny smile. Ginny looked down at her rounded belly. She couldn't wait. But she had to. 6 more months to go.

Note: YAY!!!!!!! Fleur's baby was born! It was girl! Hurrah! Thanks for all your reviews!!!!!! Stay tuned for a double or a triple posting today, November 26, 2002. I'll be skipping the whole summer vacation bit and get right to the moment you've all been waiting for. The birth of Draco and Ginny's baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No trash, recycle.


-->