Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

Draco politely talked to the other ministry wizards at the meeting. Apparently they were having to debate whether or not to extend Christmas vacation because the school governors had to be re-chosen. Ministry affairs had to be pointed out, also. Draco had to write up a paper for the temporary head school governor to fill out. He put the manila folder in his duffel bag after all his clothes were packed. He went out of the Guest Quarters and walked to the front entrance of the school. He walked outside. A couple of wizards were talking, waiting for the carriages to pick them up to bring them back to London. The heavy doors swung shut with a bang behind him, only to have them burst open again.

"Draco!" Ginny cried out. Draco turned around, his duffel bag swinging. Ginny threw her arms around Draco's neck and smooshed her lips against his. Draco's eyes widened and kissed her back, the kiss turning from gentle to passionate. Passionate to half snogging.

"Get a room!" Brickman said, coming out of the Hogwarts.

"I've got to go." Draco said, breaking the kiss and looking at the carriages, ready to get them.

"You can't leave." Ginny said. "Not now. Not when I'm..."

"I'll send you Harvey as soon as I get back."

"Promise? I... I don't know what to do!" Ginny practically was bawling.

"Shhhh! I promise." Draco smoothed her hair. "Take care of both of yourselves." Draco said, gently laying a hand on her stomach. Ginny bit her lip and nodded.

"Bye." Draco said. He kissed her on her forehead. He walked away and got into one of the waiting carriages. Ginny stood with her hands on her stomach and watched the carriages leave, one by one.

"Was that her?" Manilow asked as they were walking onto the train at the Hogwarts Platform.

"Yeah."

"Pretty one." Draco flushed.

"Thanks." He muttered.

"She seemed upset. Was everything okay?"

"I guess. Just some problem she was worried about."

"Oh." Manilow leaned back in his seat on the train. Draco stretched himself out on his side of the compartment, propping his legs out on the seat. He closed his eyes and slowly fell asleep.

*********

When Draco got home, he immediately went to the library. He flung open all the drawers until he found what he was looking for. The blueprint of the back of the manor. It showed the spacious lake, the garden (now long dead), the small wood of trees along the sides of the lake, stretching far west. Where the pond was. The pond was marked on the blueprint. Draco sat down in an armchair and fingered his wand. He wanted to find it. He would bring the house back to life.

Draco walked outside in a pair of regular denim Muggle jeans and a white tee shirt. He had his dragon hide gloves on and was holding his wand. He walked out past the dead garden. He walked down the path. You couldn't really tell it was there any more. It ended at a wall of vines and overgrown tree roots.

"Incendio!" Draco blasted the vines away. He crunched over the crisp vines and walked into darkness. A soft rippling sound came to his ears. He quickened the pace. And there it was. The rock pond, overgrown with water plants and leaves in the water. Draco cupped his hands and scooped some leaves out of the water. And he saw it.

"Fishie!" Draco said.

###############FLASHBACK###############

Draco's mother was very pregnant now. Lucius was hardly home now. It was only Narcissa and Draco. Draco hadn't spoken to his mom ever since 'Fishie' died. He had started to develop more into his father. He didn't talk. He only argued, yelled, or made smart comments. He rarely smiled anymore. He smirked. He sometimes went to the pond when his father was home. He didn't want to hear his parents arguing.

"Fishies. You have it so easy." He said to the fish. "You never argue, do you?" The fish swam into a corner of the pond.

"You're scared of me too!" Draco said, standing up. "You. You... FISH!" Draco stomped off. He never went back.

###############END FLASHBACK###############

"Fishies! Thought you would have died by now.. EW..." Draco said. Yes, some had died. Looked like the fish in the pond were great great great grand fishes or something because there were dead fish in the tank. Draco grimaced as he threw the dead fish quickly out of the pond. He ripped leaves out from around the pond and sat down. "So fishies. Did you miss me?"

*************

Ginny walked back up to Gryffindor Tower.

"Did he leave?" Janine asked.

"Yes." Ginny sat down on the chair next to Janine. Janine had out a Witch Weekly magazine and was leafing through it. Many of the ads started to advertise once she turned to the page.

"Cake! Doesn't everybody love cake? Who doesn't? Try Magdalena's Chocolate Sponge Cak-" went the Cake Ad before Janine turned the page. Janine flipped a couple of more pages.

"Want your horoscope?" Janine asked. Ginny shrugged. Janine searched for the horoscopes in the magazine before falling on another page with an ad.

"Pregnant? Come to Dr. Erickson and Becker at the Rose Memorial center, located next to St. Mungo's hospital! We have all your needs!"

"Shut it." Ginny said. The ad kept going.

"We have everything you need to help you throughout your pregnancy and after!"

"I said shut it!" Ginny yelled. Janine jumped and shut the magazine. Ginny got up and walked upstairs. In the bathroom of the 7th year girls dorm, she stared at herself in the mirror. She looked down at her stomach. She felt around her stomach. It growled in response. Ginny ran out of the bathroom and threw her pajamas on. She crawled in bed and fell asleep.

At the manor, Draco had cleared everything away from the pond. It looked almost new. But it still had a gloomy feeling. Draco didn't know what to do next. His hair stuck to his forehead, and there was dirt all over his front mixed with algae, water, and pond scum. There were 3 fish swimming in the water. Maybe he needed to buy more of them. That meant going to a Muggle Pet Store. He hadn't been to one of those in years.

###############FLASHBACK###############

"Look, Mum! A pet store! May I go in there? Please Mum?" asked a younger Draco. They had been passing through London, going to Diagon Alley when the Pet Store caught his eye.

"Draco, you know very well there is a pet store in Diagon Alley." Narcissa said, pulling on his hand.

"That place is no fun." Draco whined.

"I wanna look at these animals!"

"Oh all right. Quickly then." Draco hugged his mom's legs and dragged her into the shop.

"Oooooooooooooh." He said, pressing his face against the goldfish tanks.

"Look mum! That one's big!" Draco pointed to the largest goldfish in the tank. He ran around to the other side of the store.

"Look mum! Cats!"

"Yes, very nice." Narcissa said.

"Mum, can I get a pet?" Draco had asked.

"Maybe. Pets are a big responsibility. It's like taking care of a baby. You must be gentle with them and take care of their needs. You're a little too young. Let's go."

"Yes, Mother." Draco said, back glancing at the birds in the windows on their way out of the shop.

###############END FLASHBACK###############

Draco awoke the next morning with a feeling of excitement and high hopes. He hardly finished his breakfast. He got into the car and drove to London. From the parking garage, he went to the Leaky Cauldron. He opened the door. Sunlight flooded into the café. Tom, the innkeeper nodded a hello to Draco. He nodded back and headed out the back door. He -*blah blah blah, yeah you all know how to get into Diagon Alley. Well, you SHOULD so I'm not going to bother* - and entered Diagon Alley. The upcoming Halloween Holiday was far off, but Diagon Alley didn't care. There were lots of Halloween decorations festooned about the stores. He jangled the coins in his pocket as he stopped outside the Magical Menagerie (I think that's the store) Pet Store. He pushed open the door. The bell above the door tinkled. The crow hanging in the cage above the purchase counter cawed angrily at him. The Puffskins in their cage hummed. He poked a finger through the bars. The Puffskins clustered together and rubbed noisly against his finger. They were soft. Like Ginny's hair.

"May I help you?" asked a witch, interrupting his thoughts.

"Uh. Yeah! Yes. I'm looking for a pet." Draco said. The witch stared at him.

"I've got tons of pets. Pick one." She said in a rude tone.

"A cat. I'm actually looking for a cat." Draco said.

"CATS! I've got tons of cats." The witch showed him to the back of the store where the cats were.

"Here! Pick one!" She said, shoving an armful of kittens in his arms. They mewed and clawed his robes.

"I was hoping for one not so young." Draco said, holding back out the armful of kittens. The witch took them back.

"Well. This one can use a good home. She's going blind in one eye, but she's all that I've got that age." The witch handed him a white fluffy cat. "

Her name is Sophie." The witch said. "She costs-"

"It doesn't matter. I'll take her. Keep the change." Draco plunked a large amount of money in the witch's hands. The witch stared open mouthed at the pile of money.

"We also carry the needed supplies." The witch said, being considerably nicer the Draco.

"All right. I guess I'll need... A kitty box. Kitty litter. A carrying case. Food dishes. Food. Toys. And a Kitty Hut." Draco said, examining the wall behind him of cat supplies. The witch hurried and picked out the supplies.

"Will this cover it?" Draco shifted Sophie, who was purring contently in his arms, and gave the witch some more money. The witch just nodded.

"Thanks." Draco set Sophie in her carrying case and balanced the bags in his arms on the way out of the store. In the car, Draco set Sophie's case in the passenger seat.

"This is great. Ginny will love you. It'll be like preparing for our baby." Draco said to Sophie.

"Our baby." He repeated. He smiled.

Note: Thanks to Cole who probably will never read this and never find out I am using him for my Draco for this story. :) Thank you Cole for having blonde hair and blue gray eyes. Thank you Cole for looking like Draco/Tom Felton. Thank you Cole for having a white cat named Sophie who is almost blind in one eye even though you hate her. Thank you Cole for using Vanilla cologne. And thank you Cole for sitting next to me in Horticulture class! YAY!!!!!!! DRACO LOOK-A-LIKES!!!!!!!


-->