Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

"You can't be." Nellie said coming in the bathroom. "I know how being pregnant feels."

"So?" Ginny said, covering her head with the red towels.

"So you're not pregnant!"

"I threw up and. and I had sex with Draco last night. Does that sound not pregnant to you?" Ginny's muffled voice said.

"Ooooh. Girl, your moms going to go nuclear." Janine said. Nellie chewed her lip.

"Well. I guess that does follow the steps. I threw up. But you're supposed to miss your period and that's the main clue." Ginny pulled the towel off her head.

"When was the last time you had your period?" Nellie asked.

"Last month."

"And when were you expecting it again."

"Today." Janine and Nellie looked at each other.

"I think you jumped to conclusions. If it doesn't come within the next week then..."

"You're busted." Janine finished. There was a hitting sound.

"Don't say that!" Nellie said.

"Owwwwww!"

"Well… We'll be going to bed." Nellie said. Janine and Nellie left the bathroom and closed the door. It was around one in the morning when Ginny came out of the bathroom, afraid that she would leave and have to dash back to blow chunks some more. Ginny crawled under her bed sheets and pulled the covers over her head. Ginny reached up a hand and touched her neck to feel her locket. But it wasn't there. Then Ginny remembered. She had given the locket to Draco. Draco. What was he going to say when she told him she was pregnant. If she was pregnant.

*********

Draco was back from the ministry early afternoon the day after Ginny had left for Hogwarts. He had secured the Head Council job and was looking forward to seeing Ginny when he went to Hogwarts on his first travel job. He wanted to write to Ginny, to tell her, but decided not to. It could be a surprise. Draco grinned and sat down at the desk in the office. He tipped his chair back and stretched his arms around his head. The chair wobbled before tossing Draco to the floor.

"Master Malfoy?" Michael asked, entering the room. "Are you all right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Draco said, sitting up and picking up the chair. Michael stood in the doorway, holding the door open and closing it when Draco had left the room.

Ginny was being shaken awake. Ginny pulled the covers over her head.

"5 more minutes Draco.." Ginny muttered. She was shaken harder.

"No, no sex right now Draco. Maybe later…" Janine burst out laughing. Ginny's eyes popped open and she sat up.

"Come on sleepy head. You'll miss breakfast." Janine said. Ginny threw the covers off her and rubbed her eyes.

"You can't sleep in on the first day of school!" Janine said. Janine was tying a bow in her ponytail. Ginny shuffled her way into the bathroom. Ginny reached for her brush and combed out the tangles in her hair.

"Hurry Gin!" Janine said.

"I just got up!" Ginny whined. She went back to the main room for her school clothes. Ginny tossed them on the floor and shut the door, getting ready to get dressed. Ginny had pulled her socks off when her stomach lurched and she had to throw up in the toilet.

"Gin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you throw up again? I'm getting Nellie!" Janine said.

"No!" Ginny said, sounding weak. "Don't!"

"Period start yet?"

"I don't know." Ginny said. Ginny flushed the toilet three times and frantically brushed her teeth.

"Check." Janine said. Ginny rolled her eyes and 'checked'

"No." Ginny called through the door.

"Let's hope you don't throw up during class." Janine said. Ginny came out of the bathroom.

"You do look pale. Maybe you're just sick." Janine said. "I'm always pale." Ginny replied.

The first class was Charms. Ginny and Janine took seats close to the front. Professor Flitwick greeted everyone to class as he always did and told them to open their books. Ginny pulled out her book and opened it up to the front page.

"New books?" Janine asked.

"Yeah." Ginny said, flipping to the assigned page. "Draco got them for me."

"Really?" Janine perched her chin in her hand. "Sounds like you and Draco have a very exciting lifestyle." Ginny blushed. Janine grinned.

***********

Ginny sat quietly at the lunch table hours later in the Great Hall. Janine was stuffing her face with potatoes.

"Gin. Eat something." Janine said, wiping her mouth.

"No. What if I'm not pregnant and I'm just suddenly allergic to food? Or… Or I'm sick. Like, flu sick! And, and, and everything I eat just comes up because my immune system is going haywire and-" Janine shoved a piece of bread into Ginny's mouth. Ginny frowned and chewed the bread.

"Gee thanks. I'll make sure to barf on you." Ginny said.

"Okay. As long as its not on my cashmere robe." Janine fluffed her robe collar. Ginny suddenly realized how hungry she was. She had been avoiding food. She took another slice of bread. She held the piece of bread up and started giggling. Janine and Nellie stared at her. Ginny giggled more and poked a hole through it with her fingers. Ginny was quiet as he peered through the hole in the bread.

"What are you doing?" Nellie asked.

"Stuff." Ginny said. She started laughing really hard.

"What did you do to her?" Nellie said to Janine.

"Nothing! I didn't do anything!" Ginny was nearly rolling on the floor with laughter.

"She did this last year, remember?"

"Yes. She and..." Janine looked down at Ginny who was lying on the floor, heavily breathing.

"She and Draco did it."

"Yeah. I know they did." Nellie said, blushing slightly.

"No! You goof! I meant they poked holes through their bread and stared at each other through the hall with them. They thought no one noticed." Janine said. Ginny had calmed down.

"Can someone help me up?" Ginny asked. Nellie and Janine pulled Ginny up.

"Oooooh. I have to go." Ginny said, holding her stomach and racing out of the Great Hall.

*********

It had been 12 days since Ginny had left for school. Draco stuffed dress robes and clothes into a duffel bag and shoved his wand into the pocket of his robes. He had been anxiously awaiting this date for a week. His first day of real traveling work. He swung the duffel bag over his shoulder and trotted down the stairs.

"Michael! I'm going to work!" Draco called.

"Master Malfoy?" Michael said, aghast as Draco slid the rest of the way down the stairs banister and skipped to the door.

"Where are you going Master Malfoy?"

"Hogwarts! Bye!" Draco said. He ran outside and stood, holding tightly onto his duffel bag. He apparated to the apparition point. It was very dusty road leading up a hillside. A man was standing on the ride of the road.

"Are you Draco Malfoy?" the man asked.

"Yes." Draco said.

"I'm Jim Manilow. I'm here for the Head Council meeting too and the events fair."

"Me too. Is anyone else coming?"

"No. Just us. And the School Governors, but they're arriving later. We're all staying in the schools Guest Quarters. Lets go." Manilow said. Draco pretended not to be surprised to know that Hogwarts had a Guest Quarters. Manilow and Draco walked up the path to Hogwarts.

"I've never been on this path before." Draco said, breaking the silence.

"Its not a public road. Only used for Ministry business. It leads to the platform where the Hogwarts Express goes. That way we can take a boat up to the school." Draco walked slightly faster, a spring in his step. Manilow smiled.

"Excited? I had first day on the job jitters when I was your age."

"Uh. I guess. I'm anxious to get to the school and surprise my wife." Draco said. Manilow's jaw dropped.

"You're married? Already?"

"Well. She's my fiancée actually." Draco said, kicking a rock and watching it hop down the path.

"I see. I married once. And then again. And then another time." Manilow said.

"Hope you picked a good one."

"I did." Draco said proudly, puffing out his chest. Manilow smiled.

"What's your fiancée doing at the school? Did she get the teaching job needed for Transfiguration?"

"Uh.. No. She's still a student. In her 7th year." Draco kicked another rock.

"Hmmm. Interesting." Manilow said, edging away slightly from Draco.

About 20 minutes later, Draco and Manilow had reached the Hogwarts Express Platform. They boarded into a boat along with some Ministry Wizards that had arrived and sailed across the lake up to Hogwarts.

"We report to Headmistress McGonagall's Office first. She'll tell us when the meeting is and where to meet." Barry Brickman, one of the Ministry Wizards told them. Draco nodded and stared up at Hogwarts. Professor McGonagall was in what used to be Dumbledore's office. There was no Phoenix. No whizzing objects, there was a litter box in the corner and piles of parchment and books.

"Ah! Welcome, good to see you. Brickman, Manilow, Grant, and Malfoy. Pleasure to see you back here so soon." Professor McGonagall said. She explained where the meeting would take place, and when. She gave them directions on how to find the guest quarters. Draco was the first to automatically go the quarters to drop off his luggage. Then he set out to find Ginny. He didn't know the password to Gryffindor Tower, and didn't know if she was in there. Dinner wasn't served until 6. Draco sighed and left the room, which was along a hall hidden by a hidden door on the fourth floor. He walked down a flight to the Defense Against the Dark Arts room. It was empty and filled with books. The sign on the desk read: Professor R.J. Lupin. Draco slightly smiled. 'So they let him come back.' Draco thought. He left the room. Draco decided to go see Professor Snape. Draco peered through the open door.

"And don't forget to simmer the potion! Not boil! Simmer! Damn kids!" There was an explosion and Draco was wafted with pink smoke.

"Prosse! Simmer! 10 points from Ravenclaw!" Draco smiled and went upstairs. Draco paused at the back doors leading to the Hogwarts grounds. He reached out his hands and pulled the doors open. Smoke was furling out of the chimney of Hagrid's Hut. The roofs of the Greenhouses shone bright in the fall sunshine. Draco sat on the steps and sighed loudly. Some 5th year girls walked past him, coming back from Herbology and giggled. Draco rolled his eyes. Draco wanted to get away. He started to walk down to the other side of the lake, where the memorial service for Dumbledore had been after Dumbledore died during the duel that put an end to Voldemort's life and his reign. He was in the hospital wing that day. The day he received word of his parents suicide. Draco turned the corner behind the school and saw a figure standing in front of the lake.

"Ginny." Draco whispered. He silently walked up behind her. He knew that figure and the flowing curly red hair. He stood a ways back and watched her as she bent down and touched the water lightly with her fingers, sending circles of ripples across the water. Ginny stared at her reflection in the water. Another reflection appeared in the water above hers. It was Draco's. Ginny smiled. As Ginny stared at the waters reflection of Draco the reflection smiled back. Ginny gasped and turned around.

"Draco!" Ginny stood up and spun around. "Draco! What are you doing here?"

"Working." Draco said.

"Draco! You got a job?"

"Yeah. That's why I'm here."

"What?" Ginny asked.

"Head Council. Planning. Organizing. Traveling to Hogwarts and other Ministries is required."

"Oh Draco." Ginny said. She flung herself into him. He smiled and hugged her tight and kissed her hair. Ginny started to cry.

"Draco.." She cried into his robes.

"I missed you, too." Draco said, smoothing her hair.

"No. That's not it." Ginny said. She lifted her face and wiped her tears on her robe sleeve.

"What? You didn't miss me?" Draco said, holding her out by her shoulders.

"Yes. *sniff* But that's not it." Ginny said, looking away.

"Then what is it?" Draco asked. Ginny looked up into Draco's concerned eyes.

"Draco. I... Draco."

"Yes?"

"Draco. I'm… I'm pregnant."

Note: EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Suspense! Stay tuned!


-->