Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

Author's Note: Sorry about the blocky ness of everything. Some of the chapters are well edited and you can easily read dialogue. So I am going to do my best to fix the ones that missed the clean cut.

Back outside, dusk was almost fully settled. Draco summoned a rowboat from the boathouse farther down.

"Hop in." He told Ginny. Ginny cautiously stepped into the boat. It moved back and forth. Draco steadied the boat. Ginny sat down in the back of the boat. Draco pushed the boat off and hopped in. Draco waved his wand and the boat propelled itself slowly out to the middle of the lake. Ginny pulled her knees up and wrapped her arms around them. Ginny looked into the water, reflecting up at her by the light of the moon and stars. Ginny could have sworn she saw metal chains weighted down with rocks in the lake. The boat stopped and Draco slowly stood up in the boat. He helped Ginny up from her seat and they lay down in the bottom of the boat. They looked up at the stars together. Draco wrapped his arms around Ginny and she wrapped her arms around him, like they were hugging.

"I'm gonna miss you." Draco whispered into her ear.

"I'll miss you." She whispered back.

"I'll miss you more." Draco insisted.

"What are you going to do when I go back to Hogwarts?"

"Find a job maybe." Draco said. "I have plenty of money plus more now that my parents are gone. Everything gets transferred to me."

"It would be best to get a job so things will always be good money wise." Ginny suggested. "What kind of position would you like to have?"

Draco curled up to Ginny. "Husband. Father." He said. Ginny blushed. Draco smoothed her hair.

"What kind of position do you want when you're out of school?" He asked. Ginny squeezed Draco's hand.

"Wife. Mother." She said. Draco kissed her neck.

"Being an accountant would be fun." Draco said. Ginny nudged him.

"No, just joking. Maybe I'll join the Ministry. Work in the Social department."

"That sounds pleasant." Ginny replied. A wave lapped at the boat.

"Do you like marshmallows?" Draco asked sitting up on an elbow, turning to Ginny.

"Yes." Ginny replied, doing the same.

"What about hot chocolate?" Draco said, tapping her nose.

"Yes." She giggled.

"Do you like bonfires?"

"I guess." Ginny said. Draco sat up, pulling Ginny with him.

"I'm glad." He said, kissing the tip of her freckled nose. Ginny kissed the tip of his nose. Draco moved down further and kissed her on the lips. Ginny returned the kiss. Draco ran a hand through her hair and said the words he had always wanted to say, but wouldn't be sure he really meant it. But now he did.

"I love you." Draco whispered, pulling Ginny close to him.

"I love you, too." Ginny said. Draco pulled out his wand again and tapped the boat. It moved back to shore.

Michael the Butler was waiting for them in a dried patch of garden with a large trunk.

"The Lord's belongings, sir." Michael said. He was holding a silver tray with two cups of hot chocolate on them with a bowl of marshmallows.

"Thank you." Draco said and set the tray on a garden bench which had a flannel blanket draped over the back. Ginny sat down in front of a circle of rocks with firewood placed in the middle. Michael, who turned out to be a wizard also, (hey, he's can be a butler, too) lit the firewood with his own wand. Draco dragged the trunk to where Ginny was sitting. He sat down next to her. He dismissed Michael.

"What's in there?" Ginny asked.

"Diaries, journals, papers." Draco said, opening it. Ginny saw a velvet covered diary and opened it up.

'To-day, I have begun my journey to greatness. Hardly ever before I thought my dream would not come true. To-day I found myself to be wrong. I was walking in Diagon Alley, when a little girl, about 5 or so walked up to me. She stood in front of me and stared up at me. I stared down at her. She handed me a piece of paper. Written in purple crayon, was the message that would change my life. The note told me that I had to fulfill my dream of conquering the wizarding world. The fates had informed her, that was which the little girl had added at the bottom of the note. I didn't know what else to, so I thanked her. She kicked me in the shins really hard. I winced in pain. Thankfully the girl's older sister and mother came and found her. As they walked away she turned around and stuck her tongue out at me. And in my head, a tiny voice said, 'Bastard'. Now I am positive, that I- Tom Marvolo Riddle is destined to destroy the one destined to destroy me. Ha-'

Ginny slammed the diary shut and threw it back in the box and turned her head away from it. Draco pulled the blanket over Ginny's shoulder and wrapped an arm around her neck.

"You shouldn't have done that." Draco whispered in her ear. He took the diary back out of the trunk and threw it in the fire. Embers sparked. One by one, Draco took out diaries, journals, and maps. He threw them in the fire, the heat of the fire growing greater. Ginny dipped marshmallows in her hot chocolate and sipped it. Draco took out a very yellow manila folder and shook out many of Voldemort's ideas for a Dark Mark. He added them to the fire. The trunk was now empty, the fire roaring. Draco reached in and felt around in the trunk. He found a silver ring inside. He stared at it, the snake engraved on it almost dancing in the firelight. Draco flipped the ring with his thumb into the fire. He slammed the trunk shut. Ginny jumped at the sound.

"Sorry." Draco whispered. He drew her close to him.

"I have a question." Draco asked Ginny.

"Hmm?" Ginny rotated her empty mug in her hands.

"Well. I've never been lonely before. Well, I have, but. Its been hard for me adjusting without parents. I guess there are some things in life you are ready for, and ones you're not."

"You're right." Ginny said.

"Ginevra," Draco said. Ginny turned to him. When he called her Ginevra, he really meant business.

"I want you to come live with me." He said, cupping her chin in his hands.

"I don't know." Ginny said, looking down. "I still have a year of school left."

"You could live with me and still go to school, you know." Draco said, staring into the fire, a bit disappointed. Ginny put a hand on his arm.

"I'll talk to my parents. If they agree, then I'll stay here with you and still go to school." Draco looked at Ginny and smiled.

"Thank you." Draco said. "You want to go home now?"

"Yes, please." Ginny said. Draco took her hand and led her to his car. He drove her home. He kissed her at the door and she walked in.

"Bye." She said. She closed the door. The living room lamp switched on.

"Ginny and Draco, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" sang Fred and George.

"Shut up." Ginny said.

"What's that you're wearing?" Fred asked. Ginny looked down. She was still wearing Draco's sweater.

"Damn." Ginny said.

"I'm telling you swore." George said.

"Bite me. You say worse." Ginny walked into the kitchen. Her mother and father were in their nightclothes. Usually they waited until she got home.

"Good, you're back." Her mother said.

"What are you wearing?" Her father asked.

"It was cold." Ginny said. "Mom, Dad. I'm going to move in with Draco." She said. Her mother and father stared at her.

"If that's what you both want." Her mother said.

"Yes." Ginny said.

"Well, good night dear." Mr. Weasley said. Ginny left the kitchen. The kitchen door smacked Fred and George in the forehead when Ginny opened it.

"Ow!" Fred said.

"Our little sister has grown up!" George said, faking tears. Ginny glared at their backs as they retreated to their rooms. As Ginny was about to go to her room she heard her parents make a comment.

"You think they did it?"

"Why else would she be moving in with him? You think she's pregnant?"

"Nah.." Her parents said together. Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Ginevra, honey." Mrs. Weasley said to her daughter. "Are you sure that you want to do this?"

"Yes mother." Ginny said, head stuck in her closet, was throwing clothes out onto her bed.

"But you're only 16!" Mrs. Weasley said, putting clothes in a box on the floor.

"I know." Ginny said. She had an armful of shoes and dumped them in another box.

"But-" Mrs. Weasley started.

"Mom!" Ginny said.

"Will you calm down! I'm going to live with Draco. Not living on the streets with bums." Mrs. Weasley sighed.

"Sorry dear." She sealed full boxes with her wand. Ginny flopped back on her sheet-less bed. The sheets were already packed in a box.

"You're not pregnant are you?" blurted out Mrs. Weasley. Ginny turned her head.

"Is that why you think I'm going to live with him?" Ginny said, eyebrows narrowing.

"Well, it just kind of came out." Mrs. Weasley said.

"I'm not pregnant." Ginny said, staring at her ceiling again.

"That's good." Mrs. Weasley said. Ginny glared at her mother.

"Oh sweetheart. I'm just sad that you're leaving." Mrs. Weasley went over and sat on her daughter's bed.

"I can visit. And you can come visit too." Ginny told her mother. She sat up.

"I love you mom." Ginny said, hugging her mom. Mrs. Weasley hugged her daughter back. There was a knock on the door. It opened.

"He's here." Ron said glumly.

"Get Fred and George to help with Ginny's boxes." Mrs. Weasley said. Ginny picked up her suitcase and walked out of her room, very bare by now. Ron prodded her in the shoulder. Ginny walked down the stairs. Draco was in the doorway. He smiled at her.

"Your dad has some of your things in the car already." Draco said. He leaned down and kissed her. Ginny blushed. Ron, Fred, and George sniggered. Just then, Ron's girlfriend Leila came down the stairs.

"There you are!" Leila said and gave Ron a big kiss. Ron went red.

"Leila!" He hissed at her. Draco smirked. Fred and George gaped at the fancy car. Ginny helped Ron slide boxes in the back seat before sliding in the front. Draco shut the trunk and came in the driver's side.

"Ready to go?" He asked, squeezing her hand.

"Yeah." Ginny said. Draco started the car and backed it out of the driveway. Ginny's family stood watching the car leave. She waved as the car turned out of the driveway.

Note: Well, what do you peoples think? Review please!


-->