Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

Author's Note: There is a reason at the end of some of my stories as to WHY I say- `No trash, recycle'. I am not an avid environment activist, but I do enjoy my stories and do not like getting trash about them. I feel that if you do not like a story, don't review it. I feel that reviews should be saved for compliments, not complaints. `No Trash' means, no bashing of my story. `Recycle' means, do something good for the story, like give it a good review. I hope people will take this into consideration when it comes to my stories, and the stories of others here on Portkey. Thank you.

Note: THIS SEQUENCE CAN CONTAIN SOME MATERIAL THAT MAY NOT BE SUTIBLE FOR HARRY POTTER FANS WHO EITHER DON'T APPRECIATE THE ROMANCE THAT IS PORTRAYED IN THIS STORY, OR ARE TOO YOUNG TO BE READING SOMETHING LIKE THIS. ENJOY.

Harvey swooped in the kitchen at the Weasley's house. The family was eating breakfast and looked up at the bird.

"I would recognize that bird anywhere." Ron said. "It's Draco's. Ginny must have sent us a letter." Harvey landed on the table and nibbled at the butter. Mrs. Weasley greedily took the letter.

"What does it say?" asked Charlie.

"She's coming for a visit today." Mrs. Weasley told them. "Oh my goodness! The house is a mess! Compared to the Malfoy's manor our house is a total disaster! Boys, get cleaning!"

"But Mum!!!!" Fred whined.

"No whining." Mrs. Weasley snapped. "Or would you rather be grounded instead?"

"No." Fred said. He, George and Ron got up from the table and started to clean up the living room.

"What about Bill and Charlie?" George called from the living room.

"Charlie can do the dishes."

"But Mum! My scabs!" Charlie held up his hands with several burns on them.

"Fine! Bill will do the dishes."

"Mum!" Bill said, "I'm supposed to go and meet Fleur!"

Mrs. Weasley sighed.

"I'll do it!" said Leila offered and stood up from the table and gathered the dishes.

Sometime in the afternoon, Draco pulled up the house. Rocky barked and ran out of his house. Mrs. Weasley opened the door and waited for her daughter.

"Hi Mom." Ginny said, hugging her Mom. Draco stood behind her.

"Come in, you two. Sorry Gin, but Bill left for France for the day." Mrs. Weasley explained.

"That's all right." Ginny said.

"So, just a visit?" Mrs. Weasley said, eyebrows going up.

"Yes." Ginny said. "Where are Dad and Percy?"

"They're at work. Their department opened today. The rest will be opening in the next two weeks." They sat down in the living room.

"If you like, Draco, I'm sure Arthur will help you get a job at the ministry if you're interested." Mrs. Weasley said, sitting back on the couch.

"Thanks. I'll talk to him the next time he's available." Draco said. He put an arm around Ginny's waist and she put a hand over it.

"Ginny!" Mrs. Weasley said, leaning forwards, almost falling off the couch. "Is that…"

"Oh." Ginny went red. "That's really why I'm here." Ginny looked up at Draco who nodded at her.

"Um, Mum? Draco and I are going to get married." Mrs. Weasley fainted.

"I knew this would happen." Ginny said, getting up and checking her mother's pulse.

"I'll get your brothers." Draco said. Charlie helped Draco move Mrs. Weasley back onto the couch. Fred and George got towels and water and Ron started fanning his mother with a small stack of parchment.

"What happened?" Fred asked, dipping the towel in the water.

"She fainted." Ginny said.

"He meant why." Ron said, waving the stack of paper harder. Ginny was quiet for a moment. Ron slowed his fanning and Ginny could feel her brother's gazes drop on her.

"We're getting married and she fainted because she saw the ring and I told her." Ginny blurted out.

"Wow! You're getting married, sis?" Charlie asked. Ginny nodded.

"That's great!" Charlie slapped Draco on the back in a friendly way.

"Ow!!!!!!!!!! MY SCABS!!!!!!!!" Charlie said, blowing on his hands.

When Mrs. Weasley came to, she sent a message to Arthur and Percy to come home early.

"Ohhh! My little girl!!!!!!!" Mrs. Weasley sobbed into a handkerchief. Ginny made her mother a cup of tea and set it in front of her.

"I guess this would be a bad time to tell mum the other news." Fred said to Ron.

"Yeah." He said

"What news?" Mrs. Weasley barked.

"Uh... Mum?" Ron forced a smile.

"Bill called us."

"He did? And?" Ron mumbled the last words.

"What?"

"He and Fleur are also getting married." Ron sighed.

"Oh my." Mrs. Weasley said.

"No mum! Don't faint again!" George said, fanning his mother with a dishtowel.

"I'm not fainting." Mrs. Weasley said. She started sobbing again. Leila came in the room.

"Mr. Weasley's here." She said. Arthur came in the kitchen. It was very cramped now.

"I heard the news!" He brought his daughter into a hug. Draco stood back and stared at the scene. Ginny stepped back from her father. Draco put an arm around her waist. Arthur turned towards Draco. He held out his hand. Draco stared at it for a moment, before shaking it. Mr. Weasley gave him a fatherly like smile.

"Dad, Bill's getting married to!" Charlie spoke up, wrapping bandages around his hands.

"Well, I'll be. I suppose they'll be getting married first?" Arthur turned towards Draco and Ginny. Ginny nodded.

"I'm finishing school first, of course." The family talked a bit more, before Draco and Ginny left to go shopping.

*************

Summer break was ending. Only one day left until Ginny left for Hogwarts again. Ginny hummed as she folded her washed and ironed robes. She kneeled and lined them neatly next to the Gryffindor sweaters and the knit skirts in her trunk. Ginny reached beside her for her tattered school books. She felt around. She turned and saw that the books were missing. Ginny sighed and bent down, feeling under the bed. Ginny sat back on her knees and ran a hand through her hair.

"Ahem." Draco said from her doorway. Ginny turned her head.

"Draco, did you see my… my… books..." Draco was holding a stack of brand new Hogwarts school books.

"Draco. My old books were fine." Ginny said, looking back into her trunk, going red at the ears.

"Well, I wanted to get you new things. It's your last year at Hogwarts." Draco said, setting the stack of books next to the trunk. He kneeled down next to her.

"Need any help?"

"No. I'm fine, thanks." Ginny said. She reached over and picked the top book off the stack. It was a very glossy of Standard Spells Volume 7. The pages were crisp and starched. She lined them up along the sides of her trunk.

"You sure?" Draco said.

"Yes." Ginny said, putting in the next books, then adding socks next to them.

"Could I get you anything?" Draco asked.

"No thanks." Ginny said. She put various Muggle shirt and pants on top of the extra Hogwarts robes.

"Then could I-"

"Draco! What is it?" Ginny said, throwing undergarments in the trunks.

"What's what?" Draco asked.

"You've been bombarding me with questions all day! First, you had the cooks make a big breakfast and then you got me these new books and now you're begging to help me with packing! Do you really want me to go? Do you?"

"No." Draco said, lying on his stomach on the floor. "I guess I just wanted to spend this last day with you." Ginny closed her trunk and laid down next to him.

"Is that all?" Ginny said, scooting close to him. She leaned in and smelled his cologne.

"Is that new?" She said, snuggling. "I like it."

"Uh. It was my dads." Draco said. Ginny leaned her head against Draco's shoulder.

"Can I ask you a question?" Draco timidly asked. Ginny smiled at him.

"All right. Just this one before I explode." Draco quietly laughed.

"Do you want to go out to dinner tonight? We can drive into London and go to a fancy restaurant."

"All right. I don't want to stay out too late though. I have to get up early to get to Kings Cross." Ginny said.

"Yeah. I know. What time is it now?" Draco asked.

"Quarter to 3." Ginny replied, looking at her watch. Draco didn't reply.

"Oh. NOW you're quiet." Ginny said.

"No. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"This." Draco rolled over onto his side and kissed Ginny on the lips. He rolled her over onto her back and ran a hand through her hair, still kissing her. With his other free hand, he slid it up the bottom of her shirt.

"Draco, what are you doing?" Ginny gasped. She scooted away from him.

"I-I'm sorry." Draco said, scooting back too.

"I just…"

"We had sex once." Ginny said. "That doesn't mean that you can just get all mushy on me without asking."

"I'm sorry Gin. It's just that I won't see you again. At all. Not until Christmas." Draco sighed and leaned his head back.

"I knew this wouldn't work."

"Don't say that. You're just mad." Ginny said, turning away from him.

"I said I was sorry. What more do you want?" Draco said to the ceiling.

"If you want to… You know. Just ask." Ginny replied. There was silence.

"So uh... Can we?" Draco asked, plucking at a strand of hair.

"As long as its not on the floor." Ginny said. Draco scooted towards her and kissed her neck.

"So where do you want to go?" He whispered, placing a hand on her leg.

"Where do you want to go?" Ginny asked, placing a hand on his hand.

"Wherever you want to go."

"Wherever someone can't see us."

"Or hear us." Draco grinned. "It's still light outside you know."

"I know where I want to go." Ginny said, turning to Draco.

"Where's that?"

"Outside."

"Outside? You want to.. OUTSIDE?" Draco was shocked, his mouth hanging open.

"Yeah. Outside. In that field of tall grass and wildflowers behind your property." Ginny's eyes sparkled.

"You said it couldn't be on the floor."

"It's not the floor. It's the ground." Ginny laid down on her back and spread her arms.

"I want to roll in the grass and pick flowers and put them in my hair and scare the birds." Ginny announced. Draco laughed.

"If that's what you want on your last day here, then we'll go there." Draco stood up. He reached down a hand and helped her up.

"Let's just hope that no one sees. Grass is thin you know." Draco said.

"I know." Was all Ginny replied.


-->