Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

Note: THIS SEQUENCE CAN CONTAIN SOME MATERIAL THAT MAY NOT BE SUTIBLE FOR HARRY POTTER FANS WHO EITHER DON'T APPRECIATE THE ROMANCE THAT IS PORTRAYED IN THIS STORY, OR ARE TOO YOUNG TO BE READING SOMETHING LIKE THIS. ENJOY.

Ginny woke up in the middle of the night on New Years Eve. The bed was cold. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. Draco wasn't in the bed. Ginny threw the covers off her and found the still there, but now not missing, pair of boxer shorts. She threw them on the floor and got up. She put her robe on and exited the room.

She walked down the stairs, feeling the wall. The door to the baby room was slightly ajar. Ginny poked her head in. Draco was asleep in the armchair, the Wizarding Family book Ginny had got from Harry was lying on his chest, going up and down as he breathed. Ginny smiled. She took the book off his chest and looked at it. 'When should I start a family? Chapter 5.' Was the chapter he was on. She set the book on the dresser and knelt by Draco.

"Draco." She whispered. He made a snorting noise. Ginny giggled. Draco woke up.

"Huh? What?" He asked.

"You fell asleep here." Ginny said, brushing hair out of his eyes.

"I couldn't sleep upstairs. So I came down here."

"Do you want to come upstairs with me now?" Ginny asked, tracing shapes on his chest.

"What for?" Draco cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh come on. Like you don't know." Ginny playfully hit him.

"All right. I'll come up." Draco stood up from the armchair and stretched. Ginny ran out of the room, Draco close at her heels. Ginny ran into the Master Bedroom and jumped on the bed. Draco jumped on the bed next to her.

"I found the lost pair of boxers." Ginny said as Draco started kissing her neck.

"Good. Try to find these." Draco said, taking off his flannel pants.

"That's too easy." Ginny said, unbuttoning her nightgown.

"You're right." Draco said, kissing her lips. He helped her out of the rest of her nightgown.

"You could find your bra." Draco said, reaching around her back.

"I can always find it. It's you that can't find your stuff." Draco slid the bra off her shoulders and leaned her back onto the bed.

"Do you think you'll get pregnant from his?" He asked, taking off his shirt.

"Don't know. That's why were' trying aren't we?" Ginny giggled.

"Right." Draco handed her his boxers.

"Hide them." He said.

"Will do." Ginny threw them off to the side and they landed somewhere. Draco laid down on top of Ginny and pulled the covers over themselves.

It was time again for Ginny to go back to Hogwarts. Ginny walked alongside Draco while he pushed her cart.

"Will you write me if you're pregnant?" Draco asked as they turned towards the barrier between platforms 9 and 10.

"I will. I'll send it with a school owl."

"All right." Draco picked up a strand of her hair and played with the curls.

"Are you going to be at Hogwarts for work anytime soon?"

"Perhaps." Draco shrugged. They walked through the barrier.

"Look! There's Nellie!" Ginny ran forward to greet her friend. Neville was heaving Nellie trunk over to a train car. His hand slipped and it fell on his foot.

"Owwwwwww!" Neville cried out.

"Are you okay?" Nellie asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Neville said. Nellie turned and saw Ginny.

"Hi Ginny!" Nellie said. Nellie had Tim in her arms. He was sucking his thumb.

"Hi Timmy!" Ginny said, tickling his stomach. Tim smiled and kicked his feet, drool running out of his mouth around his thumb.

"You have a way with children. You and Draco both do." Nellie said, wiping the drool off Tim's face.

"Thanks." Ginny blushed. "We're. Kind of trying for a family now." She said.

"You are? Best luck for you."

"Nellie!" Neville called.

"I've got to go. See you on the train." Nellie hurried over to Neville. Ginny went back to Draco.

"Your trunk is loaded." Draco said.

"Thanks." Ginny put her arms around Draco and hugged him. Draco ran a hand through her hair. The train whistle blew.

"I have to go now." Ginny said to Draco.

"I know. I don't want you to go."

"I have to." Ginny protested.

"Write to me first thing when you get back." Draco told her, kissing her forehead.

"I will. Bye." Ginny squeezed his hand and climbed into one of the train cars. As the train started to move, Ginny waved out her compartment window. Draco waved back.

**********

Ginny had been at Hogwarts for over a month now. It was February and her birthday and Valentines Day were approaching. Draco sat in a quiet meeting room at the Ministry of Magic, aiming spit-wads out of his wand at the ceiling. Other Head Council members walked in and Draco put his wand away.

"There's a ball at Hogwarts this Valentines day." Announced Brickman.

"We're all to attend. It is our honor to be hosting this dance. Headmistress McGonagall is insistent on several activities throughout the school year to bring happiness to the school once again. You're all to catch the Hogwarts Express at 10 am on February 12. That will be all." The wizards and witches in the room got up and left. Draco was so happy he ran down the hall and almost ran into several people.

Ginny stood in the back of the line of the Gryffindors crowded around the bulletin board.

"What's going on? Hogsmeade weekend?" Ginny asked Nellie as she emerged from the crowd.

"Nope. Valentines Day Ball."

"A ball?"

"Yeah. I don't know if I'll go. It's no fun going to dances with other guys when you're already married. Or in your case, engaged."

"You're right. We can have fun in the common room anyways. It'll be quiet and I can get some studying done."

"Yet again, it could be fun just to go. I mean, we don't have to dance, do we?"

"No. But I'm just going to stay here."

"Gin!!!! You've got to go!!!!!!" Janine yelled in her ear.

"I do not!" Ginny said, rubbing her right ear. Janine ran around to the other side of the couch and took Ginny's hands.

"Please? It would be fun! Like Nellie said, you don't have to dance."

"Oh all right." Ginny took her hands back. "I'll go to the silly thing."

**********

It was February 12th and Draco was on the Hogwarts Express, heading towards Hogwarts. He had his tongue between his teeth and was trying to tape together a present. The paper was crinkled and bunched up by tape in several places. He gritted his teeth and slapped a bow on. He held it out and admired it. He frowned, but stuffed it back in his bag anyways. The dance was in 2 days, and Ginny's birthday was in 3 He couldn't wait. He would be concealing himself in his room until the ball. He hoped Ginny would be at the dance.

At the night of the dance, Janine tried several extreme hairstyles.

"Do you think this is good?" Janine asked Ginny.

"You'll be scaring boys, not attracting them." Ginny said, looking over her shoulder. Ginny put some powder on her nose and applied mascara and a tint of blush. Nellie pulled her red hair back in a pink ribbon that she had gotten from Neville for Valentines day, aside from the note that apologized to her because he forgot where he hid her Valentine's gift and couldn't send it.

"This?" Janine asked, clipping her hair at the sides.

"Perfect."

"I feel too goody-goody." Janine said, looking at herself in the mirror.

"Come on." Nellie said, looking at her watch. They went down to the Great Hall along with other students. Mostly girls. The only boys there were the ones with girlfriends and the ones wanting girlfriends. Colin Creevy was wearing a white cape and huge shoes he called 'disco platforms'. It made him considerably taller, but most girls his age were still taller than him. The dance began with a slow song. Boys hung back and girls got mad. They glared at the boys, daring them to come and ask them. Colin Creevy stepped onto the dance floor.

"Who wants to dance wit the Disco King?" he yelled. No one answered. Someone coughed.

"I will!" Janine said. She ran out and swung Colin around. His platform shoes almost flew off his feet. Kids started to laugh and then came out onto the dance floor themselves. Some danced, some chatted. Nellie and Ginny stood at the back of the crowd. "Poor Colin." Nellie said.

"Looks like he got whip-lashed."

"Excuse me. Can I have this dance?" someone asked Ginny, tapping her shoulder.

"Oh! Um..." Ginny turned around. "What are you doing here?" Ginny asked, stepping back.

"Work. We're hosting." Draco said. "Glad to see me?"

"Extremely." Ginny hugged Draco tight. He smiled.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise." Draco said, taking her hand and leading her onto the dance floor. He put a hand on her waist and led her around in a circle.

"Your birthday's tomorrow." Draco said to her.

"I know. 17 at midnight. Surprised you remembered."

"Last year I didn't know what I should have done."

"When you said Happy Sweet 16 to me was enough. You didn't have to get me anything."

"This year I wanted to." Draco spun her around.

"You didn't have to." Ginny said, leaning in to be close to Draco.

"Are you allowed to leave the dance early?"

"I think so. Why?" Ginny asked.

"I have something for you in my guest room." Ginny blushed.

"Not just that. I have presents too." Draco tilted her chin up and kissed her.

**********

In Draco's guest room, Draco gave her the badly wrapped Valentine's gift.

"It's heavy." Ginny said, lifting up the box.

"Open it." Ginny tore of the messy wrapping paper and set it aside.

"Oooooh. A box." Ginny teased.

"There's something inside." Ginny opened the box. Inside was a gold picture frame.

"Draco. There's no picture." Ginny said, lifting the frame from the box.

"It's just the first part. It'll hold our wedding picture. You do want a wedding picture, don't you?"

"I do. But I have a better idea." Ginny held the frame up to Draco's face.

"A family picture first. Me and you. Then we can get another frame for the wedding one."

"Sounds good to me." Draco took the frame from her and set it in the box.

"What about my other present?"

"You'll have to promise me you'll open it on your birthday." Draco said, handing her another box.

"I will." Ginny set the birthday present box next to the box with the picture frame.

"But you do get an early birthday special." Draco took Ginny's hands and led her to the bed. He leaned her back on the bed and started kissing her.

"We're going to do it in a school?" Ginny asked.

"Of course." The clock in the room chimed midnight. "Happy Birthday, Ginevra."


-->