Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

Note: THIS SEQUENCE CAN CONTAIN SOME MATERIAL THAT MAY NOT BE SUTIBLE FOR HARRY POTTER FANS WHO EITHER DON'T APPRECIATE THE ROMANCE THAT IS PORTRAYED IN THIS STORY, OR ARE TOO YOUNG TO BE READING SOMETHING LIKE THIS. ENJOY.

"I'm back." Ginny said, coming back into the lounge. "Is everything okay?" She asked Draco.

"Shhh." Draco said. "He's sleeping." Draco showed Ginny the sleeping baby.

"Gin." Draco said, looking at Ginny with pleading eyes.

"Draco. Not now, I don't want to talk about it." Ginny said, averting her gaze from his eyes.

"All right. You… Want to hold him now?"

"I think I should. He just drooled all over you." Ginny said, taking baby Tim from Draco's arms.

"Yuck." Draco said, gingerly holding out his suit top. He took out his wand and magicked the baby drool away. Tim woke up from the shifting from warm body to cold air to warm body. He made muffling whiny noises.

"What does he want? Does he need a diaper change?" Draco asked, coming over to oversee the whimpering infant.

"He doesn't smell." Ginny said. Tim waved his legs in the air and his hands around. His tiny hands latched onto Ginny's left breast and he started to cry.

"I think he's hungry." Draco said.

"What am I supposed to do?! I can't breast feed him!" Ginny said.

"I'll get Nellie." Draco hurried away and Nellie soon came back with Draco.

"He usually gets hungry after he's dozed off for a minute or too." Nellie said, taking Tim.

"We'll go." Ginny said, dragging Draco out of the lounge.

********

Dinner was ready. Everyone was seated at the long dining room table. The dining room was festooned with holly and the chandelier sparkled like crystal.

"Happy Christmas everyone! Let's eat!" Ginny said to everyone. They all digged in. Ham was passed around, potatoes too.

"I could eat all this forever!" Fleur gushed, dumping half of the potatoes that were left on her plate.

"Are you sure you want to eat all that?" Bill asked.

"Why shouldn't I, William? You want an 'ealthy baby, no?"

"BABY??????????????" Shrieked Mrs. Weasley. The roll Ron had bit into fell out of his mouth.

"Fleur!" Bill moaned.

"BABY????????????????????" Mrs. Weasley repeated.

"Yes, Mrs. Weasley! William and I are going to 'ave a baby in May!"

"MAY?????????????????????????????????????"

"You see Mum, we uh.. Got married privately." Bill explained. "We have a house in Egypt." Mrs. Weasley started sobbing. Draco looked at Ginny. Ginny shrugged her shoulders. Mr. Weasley was comforting Mrs. Weasley. Mrs. Weasley was sobbing.

"We were going to tell you..." Bill said.

"I'm not mad!" Mrs. Weasley sobbed. "I'm so happy!"

"Oh." Bill said. He sat back. Harry raised his goblet.

"To Bill and Fleur." He said.

"To Bill and Fleur." Everyone repeated. Just then Tim threw up his carrots.

"Timothy!" Nellie said, wiping the white tablecloth clean with her wand. Tim giggled and drooled on his bib.

After dinner and dessert, they all went into the parlor and opened gifts that were distributed amongst the guests. Ginny opened the one that Harry had brought for her.

"A book! Thanks." Ginny said, lifting the book from its box. It was book on Wizarding Family, tips included.

"I thought… Well, since you're living with Draco, it might be of interest to you." Harry said.

"Thanks Harry. I think it will be." Ginny set the book aside. She turned to Draco.

"What did you get?"

"A red sweater." Draco said, holding up the gift he had gotten from Harry. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." Harry said. Ginny then opened Hermione's present.

"A crock pot?" Ginny asked.

"Not just a crock pot. A wizard crock pot. There's a book full of recipes included."

"Thanks." Ginny handed the crock pot to Draco who set it on the floor. Ginny got a long jacket with the fur rim, similar to Fleur's from Bill and Fleur. Mrs. Weasley had knit a sweater for Draco. It was green with a gray D in the center.

"Thanks... Molly." Draco said. Mrs. Weasley's eyes teared up.

**********

After everyone had gone home, Draco sat Ginny down in the Master Bedroom.

"I've got you a present." Draco told her.

"So did I." Ginny bashfully replied. They both handed their presents to each other at the same time.

"Open mine first." Ginny said. Draco smiled and opened up his present. It was a silver pocket watch. Engraved on the top of the watch was his name.

"Open it." She said. Draco flipped open the top of the watch. On the inside cover, was a picture of Ginny.

"I love it." Draco said. He bent down and kissed her.

"Now open mine." Draco urged. Ginny opened the box. Inside was a velvet case. Ginny slowly propped open the case. "Draco." Ginny whispered as the gold necklace was revealed, with the diamonds snugly placed on every other piece on the necklace.

"I thought it would go with your eyes. You deserve the best." Draco said. "I also have something else for you. But I wanted to talk to you first."

"Draco, no." Ginny immediately said, setting the necklace down.

"Gin! I love you so much. You understand that, don't you?"

"Yes I do. I just don't want to!"

"Why not Ginny? We're practically married!"

"But we're not!"

"Do you know what I was thinking when I was holding Tim?"

"What."

"I was wishing that we still had our daughter. That Tim was ours. Why don't you want to start a family? Is there anything wrong with wanting that?"

"No! There's not!" Ginny said. "I just don't want to be the pregnant married 16 year old still in school."

"You're 17 in February." Draco pointed out.

"Just a few months difference! I don't want to!" Ginny started to cry and headed for the door. Draco grabbed her arm.

"Ginevra. Just listen to me!" Draco begged. "We can wait to start a family. I just want that moment again."

"What moment?" Ginny asked.

"When you told me you were pregnant. It was the most miraculous thing that ever happened to me. I wanted that baby just as much as you did. I want to try again. I want to be a father."

"What do you think I want?" Ginny asked.

"I don't know!!! I want you to want what I want!"

"Not now!" Ginny said. She ripped her arm free and ran out of the room. She ran to her first room of the house and magically bound the door so Draco couldn't get in. Draco pulled at his hair.

"Where's that cat when you need it?" Draco said.

Ginny was crying into the pillow on her old bed. Sophie was accidentally locked in the room with her. Sophie jumped up on the bed, the bell around her collar ringing. Sophie started to purr and kneed Ginny's hair with her paws. Ginny rolled over and picked Sophie up. She stroked the cat's soft fur.

"I don't want it. I don't want it." She kept saying to herself.

'That's not true.' Said a voice in her head.

"I do not want it!" she firmly said.

'But you do' The voice said.

"Yes! I do! Wait, I don't! I don't want it!"

'Admit it'. Ginny almost flung Sophie aside. She set the cat down and raced out of the room. She ran up the stairs to the master bedroom and found Draco, standing in front of the window. Draco turned his head. Ginny raced towards him.

"I want it." She sobbed into his shoulder. "I want it."


-->