Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

"Sir?" one of the maids asked Draco, entering the study.

"Hmmmm?" Draco said. He kept his eyes on his book, Sophie in his lap purring and getting fur everywhere.

"The staff wanted to know which room to clear out for the baby." The maid asked. Draco was quiet. He lowered his book.

"That won't be necessary. There won't be a baby for a while." He held the book back up to his face and continued to read.

"Yes sir. My apologies sir." The maid left. Draco reached down a hand and pet Sophie. She purred like mad and rubbed her head against his hand.

"I think its time for another trip to the attic." Draco said to Sophie. Sophie meowed, annoyed that Draco had set her on the floor. Draco went upstairs to his parents walk in closet. He pushed aside the robes and opened up the hidden door. He lit his wand and climbed the stairs. He stood in the dimly lit attic. The trunk with his mothers wedding dress was already in the library, where Draco decided to put it. He lifted white sheets cautiously and poked around the cardboard boxes. He found a box labeled 'Holidays'. Draco frowned as he reached out for the box. He opened it up. Inside were stockings. The top one was small and had Draco's name on it. He smiled. His mother had sewn the stockings together. It was for his first Christmas. Draco wondered what Christmas would be like this year, without his mother. But then... There was Mrs. Weasley.

*************

"Ron! RON! ROOOOOOON! Ronald Weasley you wake up this instant!" Mrs. Weasley rapped on Ron's bedroom door.

"Mum!!!!! It's 10 in the morning!" Ron moaned, opening the door and rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"Exactly! Get up young man!"

"I am up, Mum. Geez, are you blind?"

"Now I won't be spoken to like that! You have to help me clean the family room."

"Why mum? Can't Charlie do it?"

"You know Charlie's hands haven't healed!"

"Fred and George?" Ron asked, partially closing his door and throwing on some Muggle clothes.

"Working."

"Percy?"

"Working."

"What about-" *KLINGEL!* went the doorbell.

"Now who could that be?" Mrs. Weasley asked. She went down the stairs and opened the door.

"Draco! What a surprise! Come in, you can help me persuade Ronald to clean the family room." Mrs. Weasley said.

"Oh. All right." Draco said, surprised. He followed Mrs. Weasley upstairs.

"Look who is here, Ron!" Mrs. Weasley said.

"Mal- Draco! What are you doing here?"

"Ron! Don't talk to your future brother in law that way!" Mrs. Weasley scolded. Ron scowled and Draco grinned.

"What bring you here?"

"Just came for a visit. Kinda got lonely." Draco slowly admitted.

"Oh... Dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Mrs. Weasley flung her arms around Draco and hugged him tight.

"You poor poor poor poor poor rich thing!" Mrs. Weasley said.

"You must miss your parents." Draco didn't reply.

"Come down for a spot of tea, won't you dear?"

"Um. Yes, thank you." Draco followed Mrs. Weasley back down the stairs. Ron trailed behind.

"I'm ready to clean the family room mum!" Ron said, trying to up one up on Draco.

"Oh that won't be necessary dear. Draco's here and is more than glad to help, aren't you?"

"Of course." Draco said. Ron walked away, muttering.

"So Draco dear, why don't you move that chair over there?" Mrs. Weasley said, pointing to a chair in the corner of the room. Draco walked over to the chair and pushed it to the opposite side of the room.

"Is everything all right Draco? This is a surprise."

"I… Everything is all right, Mrs. Weasley."

"Please, call me Molly. Have you talked to Ginny lately?"

"Yes I have. Part of my job. Head Council."

"Really? Ron needs to find a job."

"There's an opening in the Department of Wizarding Regulations Regarding Crimes." Draco said.

"I'll have to tell Ronald that. Are you sure everything is all right?"

"No."

"Oh." There was silence.

"Ron? Why don't you make some tea?" Mrs. Weasley called.

"Yes Mum..." Ron said.

"What are you re-arranging the furniture for?"

"Oh, Ron's girlfriend is permanently moving in. And we like to prepare for holidays early."

"That's part of why I came over here." Ron came in with the tea.

"I was wondering if your family wanted to come to the manor for Christmas."

"Oh!! Would you have room for all of us?"

"Of course. And after all, Gin's going to be staying at the manor over the holidays."

"We would be delighted. Wouldn't we Ron?"

"Can Harry come?" Ron asked, wanting Christmas to be bad for Draco.

"Why not?" Draco replied, smugly.

"And his sister? And Hermione? And Neville? And Neville's family?"

"They're all welcome."

"It's settled then. Christmas evening. For dinner."

************

Note: Sorry this is so short! Most boring chapter yet! And hopefully the last boring one! Yes, Christmas is coming early to the story. British people don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a holiday the first settlers celebrated because they got AWAY from the British. So its foolish for them to celebrate it. I've read several HP fics with them celebrating Thanksgiving. And besides. I hate Thanksgiving because Pumpkin Pie makes me gag. So we are skipping to Christmas.


-->