Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By Lauren G.

Note: Um… I feel REALLY embarrassed. I thought everything was loaded from this story, but I guess not. So I am going to go ahead and post the last 3 installments. This is number one.

"There we go! Now don't we look handsome?" Ginny said, who had finished tying a bowtie around Mason's neck. She turned him around and made him face the full length mirror in the master bedroom.

"Mum, do I HAVE to go to school?" Mason whined.

"Of course you do! You're 6 years old. Time for you to start." Ginny stood up. "Now go show your father." Mason sulked out of the room. Ginny quietly followed him down. She poked her head in Brandon's room. Brandon was napping on his small kiddie bed, snuggling his tattered dragon stuffed animal that had once been Mason's.

"What are you doing?" A voice whispered in Ginny's ear. Ginny spun around.

"Checking on the kids." Ginny told Draco. Draco slid an arm around her waist.

"Do you want me or Michael to drive Mason to the school?"

"Lets all go. Michael can watch Brandon, make sure he you know... breathes." Ginny slightly smiled.

"All right. I'll get the car." Draco kissed Ginny on the cheek and headed down the stairs. Ginny pulled on Brandon's door, half closing it.

"Here's your backpack." Ginny said, slipping a polyester strap Digimon backpack on Mason's back. Mason had specifically picked it out. Ginny then handed Mason a brown paper bag.

"And here is your lunch." She said. She kissed Mason on the forehead. "Let's go."

0x01 graphic


Draco's eyes kept looking into the rearview mirror, watching Mason fidget in his school clothes. He felt his eyes tear up, like every parent does when their kids first go to school. He blinked rapidly, as no one would see. It was quiet all the way to Piccadilly Academy.

"Park, I want to walk him in." Ginny told Draco. Draco nodded and pulled into the parking lot. He found a spot amongst many vans. Ginny got out of the car and opened the door for Mason. Mason climbed out and took his mothers hand. Draco got out of the car and looked on, casually leaning against the hood of the Mercedes. Ginny walked with Mason to the main doors where the teachers waited to meet their students. Ginny shook hands with the teacher, a young blonde woman. Draco was tearing up again. He turned his head and rubbed at his eyes with his hand. As he drew his hand away, he saw a man standing next to one of the red vans in the lot. He looked oddly familiar, with black hair and thin wired glasses. The man looked back at him. Draco turned away. Ginny was talking with some other parents and a few boys had congregated around Mason.

"Well well well... If it isn't the famous Draco Malfoy, attending the first day of school at Picadilly Academy. They didn't fail you at Hogwarts, so why return to be educated?" said a voice next to Draco. Draco frowned and turned. It was the man with the wired glasses.

"Potter?" Draco said, trying not to sound surprised.

"I had a feeling it was you." Harry said. "I'd recognize that lean anywhere." Harry pointed to the car.

"Oh... Well... Did that Godfather of yours send you here to get re-educated?" Draco shot back, smiling slightly.

"Nah. Thought the kid needed another hobby." Harry said shrugging. Draco started to stutter.

"You... You've got a kid here too?" Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. That's why we're all here, aren't we? What are you now? The janitor?"

"No... I've got a kid here too... You never told me you had kids."

"Never got the chance."

"Well you don't seem surprised that I have one." Draco stated.

"Two exactly according to Ron." Harry stretched.

"Brandon's only 4."

"Boys, eh? As for me, that vixen's mine." Harry pointed to a small little girl holding a woman's hand, looking very bored. She kept tugging at her Disney Princess backpack. Draco almost choked.

"That... That... That's.... Her---"

"Yeah. That's Hermione." Harry ran a hand through his hair.

"You named the kid that too?"

"Oh no no no! Her name is Hannah."

"Ah. I meant is that... woman... Hermione?"

"Yes. Hannah has allergies so I think `Mione is going over the medicine instructions."

"Same grade? First?" Draco started fiddling with his jacket.

"Yup. I think Hermione's done. I take it I'll see you at Parent/Teacher night."

"Right." Draco nodded. Harry stuck out his hand. Draco paused while he looked at it, before shaking it.

"See you around." Harry walked back to the van and held open the door for Hermione, who walked right past Draco without noticing him. Ginny came back not too much later.

"Well..." Ginny said. She sighed heavily. "His teacher seems really nice."

"Very popular I see." Draco teased. Ginny looked over her shoulder.

"Yeah. They just tromped over and started introducing themselves."

"Are they going in now?" Draco suddenly asked.

"Not immediately. In a few minutes I suppose. I want to wait... Draco?" Ginny cut herself off as Draco hurried up to his son, now standing awkwardly in line.

"Daddy?" Mason asked, seeing his dad.

"Ah! You must be Mr. Malfoy!" Said the Teacher.

"Yes, um, hi." Draco hurriedly said to the teacher. He bent down to talk to his son.

"Son, do you see that girl over there?" Draco put an arm around his son and turned him. He pointed with his other hand.

"Yes. I thought girls had cooties. That's what Jake told me."

"Who's Jake?"

"Him." Mason pointed to one of the boys who had crowded around him.

"Well... Ask that girl her name and if she has any brothers or sisters."

"Why?" Mason whined. Draco furrowed his brow at his son. Mason shuffled off.

0x01 graphic


Mason walked up to the girl swinging her legs on a bench off to the side of the line.

"Hi." Mason said.

"Hello."

"What's your name?"

"Hannah Louise Potter. What's yours?"

"Mason.. Mason Lucious Malfoy. Do you have cooties?"

"No. Cooties are a non-existent virus that many little boys claim live in the epidermis of girls."

"What?" Mason scratched his head. "Um... Do you have any brothers and sisters?"

"No. I wish... I asked my mom that the other day. You know, where babies came from and if I could get a brother or sister."

"What did she say?"

"She said the stork brings babies."

"Well...." Mason turned and looked at his dad. He turned back to Hannah. "Bye." Mason ran off back to Draco.

0x01 graphic


"What did she say?" Draco pressed. Mason took a deep breath.

"Her name is Hannah Louise Potter and she doesn't have any brothers or sisters but she wants one and she asked her mom if she could have one and her mom said babies come from storks. And she doesn't have cooties cuz she says they don't live on a girls epi...epi....epipermous." Draco smiled.

"I'll see you at 3:00." Draco said, rubbing his son's head. Draco walked back to Ginny at the car.

"What was that all about? And who were you talking to? Who was he talking to?"

"Oh.... Just an old friend..." Draco said, getting into the car.

"Who?" Ginny pressed.

"A Mr. Harry Potter." Draco said.

"NO!" Ginny said. "Was that his... Daughter?"

"Yup." Draco turned to Ginny once they both were buckled in. "Her name is Hannah. And according to Mason, Hannah's mother..."

"Hermione." Ginny said.

"Right. Hermione says babies come from storks." Draco raised an eyebrow. Ginny broke into a fit of grown up giggles.

"Really?"

"Yup." Draco started the car.

"Its not right using our son as gossip bait." Ginny said, touching Draco's arm lightly.

"I know..." Draco sighed. "I couldn't help it!" He shook his head.

"The stork..." He said, under his breath.

Note: Wow.... I haven't written for a while. Short but sweet. Sweet yet funny. Please review! No trash, please recycle!


-->