Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By Lauren G.

Note: Um… I feel REALLY embarrassed. I thought everything was loaded from this story, but I guess not. So I am going to go ahead and post the last 3 installments. This is number two.

Note 2: THIS SEQUENCE CAN CONTAIN SOME MATERIAL THAT MAY NOT BE SUTIBLE FOR HARRY POTTER FANS WHO EITHER DON'T APPRECIATE THE ROMANCE THAT IS PORTRAYED IN THIS STORY, OR ARE TOO YOUNG TO BE READING SOMETHING LIKE THIS. ENJOY.

A few weeks later, it was time for Parent/Teacher conferences.

"I can't wait to talk to Hermione." Ginny giddily told Draco as they drove in the late afternoon to Piccadilly Academy. "Its such a strange coincidence our kids are in the same class."

"Imagine that." Draco said. He turned his head and grinned at Ginny. They pulled into the parking lot of the school. Draco and Ginny walked into the school.

"Where do we go?" Draco asked as they walked down the halls of the school, passing other parents along the way.

"To Miss Anderson's room." Ginny said. A couple of doors down a brightly lit hallway with construction paper drawings taped up, they found the door. A laminated construction paper apple was hung on the door's window, with `Miss Anderson' written on it with a Sharpie. They went inside. Miss Anderson was sitting at her desk talking with someone's parents. Others waiting looked at the artwork on the wall and the Chubs, the class hamster.

"Ginny!" a feminine voice called. Hermione and Harry were near the reading corner of the room.

"Come on Draco!" Ginny grabbed Draco's hand and pulled him over to where the Potter's were. Ginny and Hermione embraced.

"Wow! It's so great to see you guys!" gushed Hermione. She had definitely grown out of her bookworm looks. Hermione surprisingly beamed at Draco.

"Hello Draco." She said.

"Hi." Draco said.

"We left Hannah with Sirius." Hermione told them. "I just know he's going to get her McDonald's even though I strictly told him not to." Harry just stood there and smiled with a hand on the small of Hermione's back.

"We left Brandon and Mason with Michael. He's become quite the babysitter for a butler!" Ginny said. "It comes in handy when we need to run an errand really quick and we don't know how long we'll be gone."

Hermione nodded and smiled some more.

"Lets go look at our kids artwork." She said. She and Ginny hurried off, leaving Draco and Harry behind in the book nook. They stood there awkwardly, before sitting down uncomfortably in the plastic Fischer Price chairs provided in the nook for the kids.

"How are things in your department of the Ministry?" Harry asked Draco.

"Slow. I do office work and don't travel as much. I have to spend more time at home." Draco solemnly answered.

"Hmmm." Was Harry's answer. More silence followed.

"How are the kids?" Harry attempted conversation again.

"Fine. Mason seems to like school okay."

"Hannah likes school, too... Hey, um, have your kids shown any... you know... Signs?" Draco raised an eyebrow.

"Signs? My children are human, they don't make crop circles."

"No no." Harry lowered his voice. "Magic." He said.

"Oh!" Draco said. "Not that I've really noticed. Brandon's too young and Mason's never really gotten angry. When I was young, whenever I was mad, I could make things happen without a wand."

"I once turned my teacher's wig blue. And ended up on the school roof." Harry said. Draco smirked.

******************

"Look Gin!" Hermione told her old friend. "Our husbands are getting along!" They both looked up from the starched pieces of paper, and at their husbands across the room.

"Imagine that." Ginny said, smiling.

"How did you ever manage that? I don't believe I'll ever figure that out." Hermione shook her head and looked back at the watercolor painting.

"Neither will I." Ginny said. The ladies both laughed. The conversation quickly turned to the subject of kids.

"You only have one little girl. Have you and Harry talked about adding on?" Ginny said. Hermione shook her head a little.

"Hannah is wonderful. I was an only child. And Harry was somewhat himself an only child. We're happy with what we have. Hannah does often ask for a brother or a sister. We just don't know yet." Hermione ended with a small shrug of her shoulders. "What about you?"

"Draco's wanted a girl since the very beginning. We thought Brandon would be a girl, but well... You know how that turned out. With Mason in school and Brandon heading into pre-school next year, we've strayed away from the subject." "The Potter's?" called Miss Anderson. Hermione set down Hannah's painting of various trees and a squirrel that looked like a cat.

"It was great seeing you Gin. We should talk another time." Hermione grouped with Harry and they went to talk to the teacher. Draco soon joined Ginny at the piles of art stacked up on the counters of the classroom.

"Have fun?" Ginny asked. Draco shrugged.

"It was okay." He said. Ginny smiled.

"I think you're getting chummy with your old enemy." She said.

"Old? He's still my enemy." Draco said quickly. It was Ginny's turn to raise an eyebrow.

"Okay fine. He's not so bad." Draco admitted. Ginny gave Draco a quick peck on the cheek. Draco blushed.

***************

Later that night after the kids were put to bed, Ginny decided to break the ice while they turned down the covers on the bed.

"Draco do you want another baby?" She asked. Draco paused in mid fluff of the pillow he was holding.

"Wh- what?" He asked.

"Do you want another baby?" She asked again, putting emphasis on each word this time.

"What brought this up?" Draco said, averting his eyes from hers and continuing to fix pillows.

"Hermione and I talked about our families at the conferences today." Draco gritted his teeth. `Women and babies' he thought.

"And?" He asked.

"Well... I remembered what missing. From our family." Ginny climbed into the bed and started to cover herself up.

"Nothings missing. Its fine the way it is." Draco said sternly, climbing into bed after her.

"You want a daughter." Ginny said, slightly upset at Draco's tone. "We don't have one. I know you want one. You just don't want to admit it. Just because you don't want to seem like a sensitive family man and you want to act macho doesn't mean-"

"Whoa! Slow down!" Draco said. He took Ginny's hands as they sat, facing each other, on the bed.

"All right. Fine. I admit that I would like a daughter."

"HA!" Ginny said, poking a finger in his face. Draco lowered her hand.

"I just didn't say anything since you seemed content with our family. I thought I'd have to go my entire life without one, so I gave up on the subject." Draco pulled Ginny into a hug. Ginny snuggled into him.

"So you want one?" She asked. Draco rested his chin on her head.

"Yes." He truthfully answered.

"Is the door locked?"

"Um... I think so- whoa!" Draco said as Ginny pushed him back onto the bed.

*****************

A few weeks later, Ginny was up early with Mason and Brandon on a glorious Saturday morning. They begged for sugary cereals and cartoons, so Ginny sat with them in the family room. The Muggle channels worked exceptionally well and the boys enjoyed watching Cartoon Network. Draco came down in pajamas in a robe later, his blonde hair tousled, with 5 o' clock shadow. Lines of age slightly showing on his somewhat still young face.

"Hi Daddy! Watch Batman Beyond with me!" Brandon demanded.

"In a minute Brandon, honey. Mum wants a word with Dad." Ginny stood up and walked out of the room with Draco. They walked into the next room over.

"Morning sweetheart." Draco said, kissing Ginny's forehead. Draco yawned. Ginny wrapped her arms around his waist.

"What is it? You know Brandon's going to come in here any second asking for me to watch cartoons with him again." Draco said.

"Remember our last serious conversation?" Ginny said, a chirpy tone in her voice. Draco scratched the light stubble on his neck.

"That we need to teach Brandon not to leave the seat up?" He asked.

"No!" Ginny kissed him full on the lips. "We're going to have another baby! I'm pregnant!"

"That's wonderful! When do we want to tell the boys?" There was suddenly a loud explosion from the family room. Brandon screamed and raced to find his parents. Draco and Ginny turned around quick as lightening and saw Mason standing in the doorway of the room. Brandon raced in and cowered in the folds of Ginny's nightgown. Wide-awake, Draco raced to the family room. The television in the room fizzled and crackled. The back was blown out and the screen had a spider web like crack growing from the center.

"How the hell...?" Draco said. Ginny was now holding a crying Brandon, with a hand on Mason's shoulder in the family room.

"Oh my..." Ginny said. Draco looked at Mason. And he saw himself as a young boy. When he was angry. Draco stood up. He took a shuddering breath.

"Mason. Go to your room." He said strictly. Mason started at his dad for a brief moment. Fire seemed to glow in his eyes, just like Ginny's did when she was angry. He stomped off.

"Draco!" Ginny said, surprised at her husband's sudden act of punishment.

"Gin! He blew up the TV!" Draco said. "He overheard the news! And he blew up the TV!"

"Is Mason going to blow me up?" Brandon asked, lifting his tear stained face up to look at his mother.

"No baby. He's not. Mason's just mad."

"Why?" Brandon questioned.

"Tell him. He can't blow anything up." Draco said to Ginny.

"You get to be a big brother to a new baby brother or sister, Brandon."

"WOW!" Brandon said. Ginny set him down on the floor.

"Go brush your teeth." She said. Brandon ran off and Draco took Ginny's hand.

"Well. At least they know. I just don't know how we can deal with these... magic signs." Ginny said. Draco nodded sadly and looked at the dead television.

Note: Well, after several and wonderfully accepted reviews from an avid fan, who brought up the point it had been over a year since I had updated, I headed back to the comp. If its rusty, forgive me. `Angel Kisses' is almost finished. Please review! No trash, please recycle!

Top of Form

Bottom of Form


-->