Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By Lauren G.

Note: Um… I feel REALLY embarrassed. I thought everything was loaded from this story, but I guess not. So I am going to go ahead and post the last 3 installments. This is number three, and the end folks. I hope you enjoyed it.

Mason's room was silent as a tomb when Draco went upstairs to shower and shave. He heard no sobbing muffled by Digimon sheeted pillows. He gathered clothes from the closet, set them neatly on the toilet seat and got into the shower. His son blew up a Muggle television. Mason's first sign of magic. Draco fiercely scrubbed at his hair with soapy hands. When he was younger and he was getting a new sibling, he had been happy. Not angry. Draco sighed and stuck his head under the stream of water to rinse the shampoo away. He hoped Ginny could handle this better than him.

Ginny entered the master bedroom. The shower was running in the bathroom. Ginny sighed and picked up her robe from the foot of the bed. She put it on and headed back downstairs. Brandon was now slurping chocolate milk (the only thing that would keep him occupied while she talked to Mason) in the kitchen with a crazy straw. She knocked on Mason's door.

"Mason? Its Mommy." She said through the door. "May I come in?" There was silence. Suddenly the door handle turned and Mason's face peeked through the crack.

"No." Mason said flatly.

"Why not? I am your mother. We need to talk." Ginny pushed the door open anyways and walked in. She sat on the unmade bed. "Come here." She opened her arms, beckoning Mason closer. Mason slightly closed the door and went to the window.

"I know why you're upset. And its not your fault the TV is broken." Ginny said to him.

"Dad thinks so." He whispered. Ginny turned around and looked at her oldest son.

"You look like he does when he's upset." She said. "And he loves you very much. He's just shocked at what you were able to do. Now look at me." Mason turned his head.

"Just because you're going to have another brother or sister doesn't mean we aren't going to stop loving you. Brandon is very happy-"

"Yes I am!" Brandon chirped from the doorway, his empty cup with the crazy straw in his hand. Brandon came into the room. He crawled into Ginny's lap.

"Can I touch it?" Brandon asked. For a pre-schooler, he was very intelligent.

"Yes." Ginny said, tousling his hair. Brandon placed a hand gently on Ginny's tummy. "I don't feel anything." He said sadly. Ginny laughed.

"Don't worry, its there." Brandon came over.

"Are you sure you'll love me still?" He asked, hugging his mom's shoulders.

"No question about it." Ginny kissed his cheek. Mason put a hand next to Brandon's.

"I want a brother." Brandon said. "That way I can be an older brother."

"You'll be an older brother no matter what." Ginny said. She hugged both her boys. As they snuggled closer to her, she looked up and saw Draco in the doorway, hair still slightly damp and clean-shaven.

"Mason." He said. Mason looked up.

"Want to come to the store with me to buy a new television?" Mason nodded. He followed Draco out of the room. Brandon ran after them, begging to be brought along too. Ginny smiled to herself and touched her tummy.

Months passed by and Ginny was due to give birth any day. Draco moved the guest room into the room with the attached bathroom, the one Ginny had when they first started to live together. The guest room was now lined with baby furniture. They had gone to the pediatrician to see if they could determine the gender of the baby, but it couldn't be determined. So they left the walls of the guest room white, to be painted later. Brandon was eager to start pre-school starting in the fall. For now, they were enjoying their summer vacation. They tromped in and out of the house in wet and muddy Keds wanting Popsicles and then heading upstairs to change into swim trunks to wade in the shallows of the lake. Draco was gone for most of the day, stuck at the ministry. He would try to come home to check on Ginny and the kids at lunch time. So far, life was good.

A few weeks later, Ginny was on pins and needles because she was past her due date by 7 days.

"What if something is wrong?" Ginny worried, rubbing her big belly.

"If you're that concerned, I can take you to the hospital." Draco offered. Ginny cringed.

"No, never mind. My water just broke." Draco soon was flash backed to the first time that had happened. Immediately, panic took its place.

"Okay! Um.... Well, you sit there. And... and... MICHAEL! GET THE CAR!" Draco grabbed the suitcase they had waiting at the foot of the bed. He tossed it down the stairs.

"Daddy what's wrong?" Brandon asked, looking at the suitcase tumbling down the stairs, Popsicle stains down his shirt.

"Mommy is having the baby. Be a good boy for Michael. You too Mason." Draco helped Ginny down the stairs.

"Remember your breathing!" Draco told her.

"This is my third kid. I know what to do. You're not my mother." Ginny teased Draco.

It was a long 8 hours. Draco was about to fall asleep standing next to Ginny, but whenever a contraction hit and Ginny squeezed his hand like it was the last ketchup bottle on earth and she just had to have the last dollop, it woke him up for another good 5 minutes.

"One more good push Mrs. Malfoy." The doctor said to Ginny. And with that last straining push, the baby slid out crying. And as it did so, so did Ginny and Draco.

"How's the baby?" Ginny asked as the doctors cleaned the baby.

"Perfect." Draco said, and leaned down and kissed his wife.

The doctor suggested they stay overnight. So the next day, Draco and Ginny drove back to the house, with the new baby crooning and cooing in the back.

Draco smiled the entire way home. Inside the home, Brandon and Mason couldn't get enough of their new sibling. With a small tuft of blonde hair upon the baby's head and eyes as vibrant blue, no one could help but be in love at first sight.

"Go rest." Draco told Ginny. "We'll be fine." He looked down at the baby. Ginny went upstairs to nap and the boys hurried away to play again. Draco walked into the new baby's room and set the child to sleep in the crib. He looked lovingly at his newest child. Memories of his late fathers softer side took hold of him, and he began to sing:

"Daddy's little girl paints the world with her magic wand

Daddy's little child breathes new life to the morning time for me

Though we're apart, her thoughts follow me

When I come home, Rosie smiles with the dawn

Rosie smiles, and she radiates the glow around her halo

When she plays, Rosie smiles

On a summer day, Rosie smiles

A new day, Rosie smiles

Daddy's little girl ties a ribbon around my heart

Daddy's little child waves goodbye to the ocean tide that sweeps me

Though we're apart, she's a part of me

Rosie smiles with the dawn

Rosie smiles and she radiates the glow around her halo

When she plays, Rosie smiles

On a summer day, Rosie smiles

A new day, Rosie smiles

When I come home, Rosie smiles with the dawn

Rosie smiles and she radiates the glow around her halo

When she plays, Rosie smiles

On a summer day, Rosie smiles

A new day, Rosie smiles

When the days have gone gray,

Nothing's wrong when Rosie smiles"

Draco picked his daughter, and hugged and kissed her. Ginny came in, looking half awake.

"I couldn't sleep." She said. "How's my little Rosie doing?"

"Rosalee is doing find. Our little Rosalee May Malfoy."

It's a charmed life - innocents wild,
Cradle the skies for a thousand miles
It's a good life, in the happily ever after
Last page of the very last chapter
It's the story of a charmed life.

Note: Well, that's it! Keep checking on my other fan fictions. I have yet to complete `Don't Forget to Floss'. It was great writing this. Long live D/G!!!! Please review! No trash, please recycle!


-->