Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

The Hogwarts Express was waiting.

"It's funny." Ginny said, holding hands with Draco. "Being engaged and going to school. You won't be there. And neither will Ron, Harry, or Hermione. Only my friends. The ones my age."

"Write to me every day." Draco said.

"And I'll write to you."

"Do you know what you're going to do while I'm gone?"

"Well, I'm going to the Ministry later today."

"You are? Why didn't you say so?" Ginny asked.

"Because I still don't know what department to get into." Draco squeezed her hand.

"Don't worry. I can fare until I figure something out." Draco let go of her hand and pushed the cart with her trunk on it to the Hogwarts Express. He lifted it into the train.

"Going to be okay on the train ride over? I sneaked some sweets in your trunk." Draco said. Ginny smiled.

"Thanks." Ginny said. Draco took her hand again.

"Have good year. I can't wait to see you." Draco said. He leaned down and kissed her passionately on the lips.

"Draco." Ginny whispered, blushing.

"Bye." Draco said. He let go of her hand and Ginny climbed up the steps. Draco stepped back and stared at the train car. The conductor went down the rows of cars and shut the doors. A window on Ginny's car opened.

"Draco!" Ginny said, leaning her head out the window.

"What?" Draco said, over the piercing whistle.

"Catch!" Ginny threw something silver out the window. Draco stepped back and caught it in his hands. It was Ginny's silver locket. Draco looked up to see her, but the train had begun to move. Draco stared after the train. He stood there, with the locket long after the train had gone.

******

Draco closed the front door of the house. The silence pressed on his ears. 'What to do now?' Draco thought. He didn't feel like listening to the Wireless Wizarding Network, or watching the Wizard TV. Draco went into the kitchen. He looked at the cleaned plates from breakfast stacked next to the sink. Draco walked to the refrigerator and opened it up. He looked inside, but he wasn't hungry. Draco closed the door and left the kitchen. He went into the parlor and sat down on the couch and picked up the Daily Prophet. He didn't feel like reading. Draco stood up and walked down the hall to the library. Draco stared at all the pictures of his family along the wall. Draco stared at the picture of himself as a toddler. He had this lopsided grin and was clutching a toy. Draco smiled and moved on to the next picture. It was of his mother holding him on his lap. Draco walked to the next picture. It was the family picture, when he was 11 and was preparing to go to Hogwarts. He was wearing his school robes. His father in his silk black robes, a sober look on his face. His mother wasn't smiling much. Her mouth just upturned at the corners. Draco had a small smile in the picture. His parents blinked at him from the pictures. Next to the family picture was a plain picture of Draco that his mother had insisted been taken after his 16th birthday. Draco walked past the shelves filled with spell books and more. He stared across to the other side of the library. That's when he noticed the picture was gone. The picture his father had up for many years. The picture of the Dark Mark. Draco wondered where it had gone. Then Draco thought, the attic.

Draco had never been in the attic. He wondered what he would find. The chamber beneath the drawing room floor had been cleared out. But there still could be stuff up there. Draco wasn't sure where the attic was. So he searched around the house, looking at the ceiling in every room. Draco went up to the master bedroom. Draco closed his eyes as he walked past the bed. He opened the bathroom door and went into the closet. Draco looked up. He sighed, seeing no trap door. Time for Plan B. Going back to all the rooms and using 'Alohomora'. Draco decided to give it a try.

"Alohomora!" Draco said, holding up his wand. There was a creak and a draft of air around his legs. Draco bent down, feeling towards the draft. Harry pushed aside his fathers robes. A door had opened, showing a wooden staircase. Draco ducked through the door and walked up the steps. They creaked each time Draco took a step. Light shone in through cracks in the wood.

"Lumos." Draco said. His wand illuminated the room. Draco gasped and fell back into something hard, dust flying everywhere. Draco caught his breath. So someone had put the painting in the attic. Draco suspected it was his father, not wanting to destroy the only remains he had of the Dark Lord. Draco stood up, wiping off his jeans and turning the painting around so he didn't have to look at it. Draco turned around and looked at what he crashed into. It was a trunk. Draco walked over to it and knelt down. He opened it up. Draco pulled out something very white and lacy. Draco stood up, bringing it with him. It was a dress. A wedding dress to be in fact. Draco guessed it was his mothers. It was her size. Draco pondered a moment, how Ginny would look in it. He smiled, remembering that he could in fact shrink the dress to fit Ginny's figure with magic. Draco grinned. He folded the dress back up and put it in the trunk, and apparated downstairs with the trunk.

**********

Ginny collapsed on her bed in Gryffindor Tower. She was stuffed from the welcoming feast.

"Whew!" said Janine Harper, one of the 7th year Gryffindors coming in the room.

"I'm stuffed."

"Me too." Ginny replied, sitting up. "My stomach doesn't feel that good."

"Mmm. Probably ate too much." Janine fell back on her bed.

"Where's Nellie?" Janine asked Ginny.

"Probably mailing an owl to her husband." Ginny said, fingering the gold ring on her finger.

"Yeah. I forgot." Janine pulled the rubber band out of her blonde hair and shook her hair.

"You going to be a cheerleader again this year?" Janine asked.

"Not sure. Was thinking about it." Ginny laid back on her pillows, waiting for her stomach to settle down. She rested her hands on her stomach.

"Oh Gin! What's that?" Janine said, crawling across her bed and over to Ginny's.

"What's what?" Ginny said. "Is there something on my shirt?"

"No! That! That ring!" Janine said, grabbing Ginny's hand and holding it close to her face, examining the ring.

"Is it real gold?"

"I don't know. Perhaps." Ginny said, pulling her hand back.

"Oooooooooh! Oooooooooooh!" Janine said. She started blushing and giggling like crazy.

"Draco gave it to you, didn't he?" Janine said, chin in her hands, resting her elbows on Ginny's bed.

"Yes." Ginny said, looking down at the ring.

"When?" Janine pressed on.

"I don't know. I think um. Early August I think."

"That's so sweet." Janine sighed. "I wish I had a rich boyfriend who would buy me things just for the heck of it." Janine said.

"Uh… yeah." Ginny said. Janine looked at Ginny and studied her face.

"ACK! OOOOOOOOH MY GOSH! You're getting married!!! Its an engagement ring! OOOOOOOH!" Janine said.

"Shh!!!!" Ginny shushed her friend. "Don't let the whole school know!"

"Sorry!" Janine apologized quickly. She quieted down.

"When are you getting married?" Janine asked, climbing onto Ginny's bed and sitting cross legged across her friend.

"I… I don't know." Ginny said, looking at her feet. "Not for a long time."

"Right. You still have school to go through. Well, I'm very happy for you!" Janine hugged Ginny. Ginny smiled.

"Thanks. Glad you didn't faint. Mum did when she found out." Ginny and Janine laughed. Ginny sighed and fell back on her bed. Janine left to go to the commons to talk with the other Gryffindors. Ginny took a long shuddering breath. She didn't feel too well. She had a hunch she hadn't eaten that piece of chicken. Too much made her feel horrible and that was how she was feeling. Ginny closed her eyes and turned to her side, trying to think of something. Ginny almost drifted off to sleep when she bolted upright and ran to the bathroom and threw up. Ginny collapsed on the bathroom floor, shutting the door with her foot. Ginny started to cry.

Draco had his feet propped up on the arm of the couch his was sitting on. The lamp on the table next to him was turned on and Draco was flipping through a book about the Ministry of Magic. Draco ran a hand through his hair. He didn't know if he should go into the Head Council department, where they took a part of any wizarding affairs or events, or the Department of Wizarding Regulations Regarding Crimes (DWRRC). Draco flipped to the index and scrolled to the DWRRC section. "Job includes working with files of billing to crime doers regarding theft and vandalism." Draco read aloud to himself. Draco reached into his pants pocket and brought out Ginny's locket. What would Ginny want him to do? Draco scrolled to the Head Council page. He again read aloud; "Job includes events planning and corresponding with other wizarding ministries. Helping with major wizarding organizations. Traveling is required. Travel locations: Southern Europe Ministry, Eastern Europe Ministry, North Arabia Ministry, Any Wizarding School willing to participate." 'Wizarding schools.." Draco slammed the book shut and went to the office upstairs to write a letter to the Ministry.

*******

"Gin? Gin are you okay in there? Collin Creevy wants to flirt with you." Janine said.

"Tell him to go away." Ginny said, sitting in an empty bathtub, holding towels close to her chest.

"I was just kidding Ginny." Janine knocked on the door. "He wants to talk about Quidditch."

"Tell him no thanks."

"Aw, Gin! Open the door." Janine knocked harder.

"What's going on?" said Nellie's voice.

"Gin's locked herself in the bathroom again." Janine said.

"What's wrong this time?" Nellie said. "More boy problems?" Ginny sank deeper into the tub.

"Gin. I'm going to force my way in there if you don't tell me what's wrong." Janine said fiercely.

"I'll give you the count of three. One... Two three!" Janine burst into the bathroom and saw Ginny in the bathtub.

"Gin..." Janine said. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I'm pregnant!" Ginny said, pulling the shower curtains to block herself from the astonished looks.


-->