Unofficial Portkey Archive

Angel Kisses by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Angel Kisses

RowlingIdol

Angel Kisses

By RowlingIdol (a.k.a. Lauren G.)

"I can't do this." Ginny said, pacing in the Master Bedroom of the Malfoy Manor.

"Ginny! You look wonderful!" Mrs. Weasley said, bouncing Mason her knee. Ginny was in the wedding dress that had been Draco's mother. It fit perfectly. Fleur was sitting on the bed next to Mrs. Weasley, Morgan in her lap.

"Gin! Even though William and mine's wedding was a small ceremony, I was nervous just the same!" Fleur said.

"Thanks." Ginny said. Ginny stared at herself in the floor length mirror.

"I look stupid." Ginny said.

"Honey you don't look stupid!" Mrs. Weasley said.

"I do too." Ginny tugged off the veil.

"Virginia Weasley!" Mrs. Weasley shouted.

"Mom! Shut up!" Ginny said. Mrs. Weasley slowly sat down. Mason gurgled.

"I'm sorry Mum. I'm just too nervous."

"I know dear. I apologize." There was a knock on the door. Janine opened the door.

"They're ready. And Gin, let me tell you. Draco looks so fine!" Janine said. Ginny blushed.

"Come on dear. Its time."

********

"That was the most horrible thing in the world." Ginny said, lifting Mason in his small dress pants and shirt into her arms.

"Are you glad its over? How do you think I felt?" Draco said, taking Mason from her.

"We're married now. Its official."

"I don't feel different." Ginny said. Mrs. Weasley rushed over to the refreshment table where they were standing.

"Good! I wanted to talk to you." Ginny immediately said.

"Since you're going to be watching Mason during the honeymoon, you need to know some things. Don't feed him too many carrots or he'll start to turn yellow. Soymilk makes him puke so don't give him that. Cut the celery into tiny bits and when I say tiny, I mean tiny. He likes his green blanket and the stuffed dragon. He won't fall asleep until he has them. Just lay him on his back and he'll get comfortable in a while. I would keep him out of the backyard. He's starting to crawl and might fall down one of the gnome holes. He likes to chew on bread crusts and falls asleep around 2 every afternoon for a nap."

"You lost me at soymilk." Mrs. Weasley said. She smiled. "I know Ginny. You made me a list. He'll be fine. Bill and Fleur are staying for a while so he can play with Morgan."

"I don't know how he'll fair with her." Draco said, bouncing Mason. Mason giggled and grabbed at his fathers face.

"He'll be a good boy, won't he?" Ginny took Mason from Draco. Mason giggled and hid his face in Ginny's shoulder.

"We'll miss you." Ginny said, kissing Mason. He fussed, as if he knew they were going to leave him. Fred and George came down the stairs, their arms heaving down with the weight of the suitcases.

"The Lexus?" George gasped.

"Yes." Draco nodded. They headed outside to the car.

"What did you do with the dress Gin?" Draco asked.

"It's hanging in the walk in closet. I didn't know what else to do with it."

"That's okay. Should we head out now?"

"All right." Ginny handed Mason to Draco who kissed him lightly on his forehead.

"Can't believe he's almost a year old." Ginny said, handing Mason to her mother.

"Have fun you two." Mrs. Weasley and the rest of the Weasley's waved Ginny and Draco goodbye as they drove out of the horseshoe driveway.

******

"We're here!" Ginny said, coming into the Weasley's home. Mrs. Weasley hurried over to the door with Mason in her arms.

"Hello, dear! How was Paris?" Mrs. Weasley said, handing Mason to Ginny.

"It was wonderful." Ginny said, smoothing Mason's blonde hair. He laughed and hid his face in Ginny's shoulder. Draco smiled and took the baby bag Mrs. Weasley was holding out.

"How did he do?"

"He was good. Yes you were! You were a good boy! You were a good boy for Gwamma!"

"Mom.." Ginny said.

"Sorry dear. Fleur and Bill left 2 days ago, but we found some of your old toys for him to play with."

"Thanks mom." Ginny hefted Mason up onto her hip.

"Remember, if you ever need anything, just owl me."

"All right." They left the Burrow.

Draco walked into the kitchen back at the Malfoy Manor.

"What's for dinner.. Ginny?" Draco said, seeing Ginny in front of the stove, stirring something in a pot.

"Hi." Ginny said. Mason was sitting in his height chair, gurgling.

"I didn't know you were going to make dinner tonight."

"Well.. I felt like doing something... Wifey."

"Wifey?" Draco snorted at the word. He wrapped his arms around Ginny.

"What are you making?"

"Puttenesca sauce. We're having spaghetti."

"Smells good."

"Want to taste?" Ginny lifted the spoon and held it up to Draco. "Careful, its hot." Draco took a small amount of the sauce in his mouth.

"Wonderful." Ginny set the spoon back in the pot and wrapped her arms around Draco's neck. Draco leaned down and kissed her softly.

"Dada!" Ginny and Draco broke apart.

"What was that?" Ginny said.

"Dada!" They turned their heads. Mason was bouncing in his height chair, arms outstretched towards Draco. "Dada!" Mason said.

"He said his first word!" Ginny said.

"He said Da-Da! He knows I'm his dad!" Draco embraced Ginny and they kissed.

"Makes you want to have another one, doesn't?" Draco grinned, touching foreheads with Ginny.

"No comment." Ginny said, smiling.

***********

Up in the Master Bedroom, Draco walked in and closed the door.

"Is he asleep?" Ginny asked, pulling down the shades.

"Yes."

"Give him his bottle?"

"Drank it all up."

"Good." Ginny turned away from the window. Her eyes locked with Draco's.

"What?" Ginny said.

"Nothing." Draco said, grinning.

"No. Really what's wrong?"

"Nothing." Draco shrugged.

"All right.." Ginny walked away from the window and past Draco. He reached out and grabbed her arm.

"What?" Ginny said. Draco pushed her down on the bed and started to kiss her. His greedy hands snaked up to the collar of her shirt and began to unbutton it when from the baby monitor: "AwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Draco sighed and stood up. Ginny sat up and re buttoned her shirt.

"I'll be back." Draco collapsed on the bed, tired and horny. He lay there until Ginny got back.

"You ready?" He asked.

"More than ever."

*********

It was Mason's first birthday. Ginny bundled him up in fall outfits and brought him outside to the car.

"You ready?" Draco asked. Ginny nodded. She set Mason in his car seat and went up front with Draco. They drove far and stopped outside a small cemetery. It was windy and flowers people had left on graves were scattering petals. Ginny followed close behind Draco as they weaved through the graves. Draco finally stopped.

"This is it." He said. He stooped down and brushed dirt off a grave. He sat crouching in silence.

"He would have been 50 today. Mother would have given him a hard time." Draco said. He looked towards the other grave. Ginny handed him the flowers she was holding along with Mason. Draco divided the bouquet and set the flowers on the graves. Draco stood up and stared down at the graves. Two of the white roses blew in the wind, colliding with each other between the graves. The wind rustled the trees. Mason yawned and snuggled against Ginny. There was a long pause of silence as the wind rustled through the trees.

"I'm pregnant." Ginny said. Draco looked up at her.

"Really? Again?"

"Yes." Ginny clutched Mason to her chest. "We're going to have two kids." She said softly, looking down at Mason. Draco stepped closer to her.

"I'm glad." Draco said. He kissed her cheek. "What do you think it is this time?" He asked.

"I don't know. But I have this feeling... Like I did the first time. The very first."

"A girl?" Draco asked. Ginny nodded.

"Only time will tell." They left the graveyard.

Note: EEEEEEE!!!!!!! Sorry it took so long to get up! Review!


-->