Unofficial Portkey Archive

Teacher's Pet by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Teacher's Pet

Amynoelle and Heaven

We decided to go ahead and post the new chapter of our fic tonight- this will be updated on Tuesdays, so the second chapter will be posted then. Please enjoy and let us know what you think so far! This promises to be a SMUTTY one! :D

Hermione Granger slammed the front door of her parents' house hard behind her. She's stupidly believed that her parents had actually invited her over for a celebratory dinner. If she'd have known that she'd be ambushed the moment she walked in the door, she'd never have come over here. She didn't need this now. The biggest day of her life was tomorrow and instead of getting a good night's sleep and preparing for the day, she was stalking down the sidewalk, unsure of where she was going or what she was going to do.

She cursed to herself as she thought of her father handing her those University pamphlets. She'd had no idea that he's applied her for admission to his alma mater. She didn't want to be a bloody dentist, she'd told him time and time again. But, as usual, he heard what he wanted to hear, and that was that.

Why couldn't they be happy for her? Why couldn't they understand how much this meant to her? She was going to make a difference in the world and not just be a participant. Wasn't that what they'd raised her to do?

And as if that wasn't enough, they'd invited James McDonahue over. Her parents seemed to have this idiotic notion that because she'd fancied him for a short period of time when she was fourteen that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him.

They'd had the nerve to call her distraught! What person wouldn't be distraught if they'd faced that! Hermione turned the corner and smiled when she saw the lights for The Red Lion.

She decided a nice glass of wine to help her unwind would be just the thing. Hermione pushed open the door and made her way over to the bar.

"What can I get you, love?" the bartender asked.

"One glass of merlot please," Hermione slid onto a stool.

She reached for her bag to get some money and accidentally nudged the man sitting beside her. "Sorry," she apologised.

"It's okay," the man muttered. He was nursing a glass, half full of what looked like brandy.

Hermione looked at him properly. He looked to be as happy to be there as she was. The bartender came back over with her glass of wine.

"Here's to you," she said. "Hoping your problems aren't as bad as mine."

He turned to look at her and Hermione nearly dropped her drink. It couldn't be----

"What?" he asked, a bit irritated.

"Nothing," Hermione said deciding not to tell him she knew who he was. With the glasses, scar and dark hair, it was hard not to know who he was. But, what was he doing here? Hermione didn't care. Right now, she just wanted to forget about her parents, their university pamphlets and James McDonahue.

Harry Potter turned back to his drink. "Another," he motioned to the bartender as he finished what was left in the glass.

The mobile phone in Hermione's phone began to trill and she rolled her eyes.

She pushed the silent button and shoved it back in her bag without even bothering to look to see who was calling.

Hermione took a sip of her wine and looked around the pub. It wasn't that crowded. She wouldn't have cared if it was. There was no way she was going back to her parents'.

"So what's your story?" Harry asked as the bartender slid a new glass in front of him.

"People trying to run my life for me," Hermione replied, shaking her head. "Treating me like I'm 11 instead of a grown woman."

Harry smirked. "And you're the independent type, eh?"

Hermione nodded. "I'd like to think so." She took another sip of her drink and looked sideways at him. "And what about you? What's your story?"

"Try the weight of the world on your shoulders," Harry said drolly.

Hermione had read about Harry Potter over the years and she couldn't have imagined what his life must have been like. "That's what brings you here then?" she asked.

"Among other things," Harry muttered.

"We're kindred spirits," Hermione said with a slight laugh. "Both sitting here trying to forget our problems."

Harry sent her a half smile. "It'd take more than a few drinks to forget my problems."

Hermione knew exactly what those problems were, but didn't feel quite right asking about them. "Girl troubles?" she said instead.

"Not as simple as that," he replied looking down at the bar.

"Probably better than parents who want you to remain a child forever," Hermione rolled her eyes before taking a large swig of her wine.

Harry nodded as if he understood. "I know a little about people deciding your future for you."

Hermione looked at him for a long moment. "I make my life sound horrible, don't I?" she asked.

"Everyone has problems," Harry said quietly. "We all think ours is bigger and more important than someone else's. And then we find ourselves in places like this, wanting to be alone; wanting to forget them."

She looked back down at her glass. "Is that your way of telling me to stop talking and leave you alone?"

He shook his head. "No. If you weren't here, the bartender would be over here trying to make small talk with me about football. So, I thank you for coming in when you did."

Hermione smiled. "Good to know I'm good for something." she shrugged out of her robes as she called for another glass of wine.

"Add it to mine," Harry told the bartender. "And I'll have another as well."

"Thank you," Hermione said. "But really, you must let me pay for the next round."

"Deal," Harry agreed as the bartender set new drinks in front of each of them. Someone had started the jukebox and music filled the pub. For awhile, Harry and Hermione sat there, listening to the music and nursing their drinks.

"Do you come here often?" Hermione asked.

He shook his head and offered her a lazy grin. "This is my first time."

She felt her face flush, but she wasn't sure if it was from the wine or his smile. "It's um... it's right down the street from my parents. So I come in here once in awhile."

"Well, I am glad that I caught you tonight," Harry said. "Must be fate."

"Fate," Hermione nodded. "She works in mysterious ways, doesn't she?"

"You have no idea," Harry said turning away from her.

Hermione wondered if she had said something wrong. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine," he lied. "Just fine."

"You are not," Hermione said boldly.

He turned around and studied her for a few moments. "You don't even know me."

"Your point being what exactly?" she asked. "One person can tell when another is feeling down."

Harry smiled. "You don't miss much, do you?"

"I'm pretty known for my observational skills," Hermione answered.

"And what do they tell you about me?" he asked, intrigued.

Hermione studied him a long moment, looking right into his eyes. "You've got a certain sadness about you," she replied. "Yet things in your life are on the right track, but you're still not happy."

"That's pretty good," Harry admitted.

"Yes well... I think you deserve some happiness." Hermione said truthfully.

"If only it were that easy," Harry said quietly.

"It can be," Hermione told him. "You just need to allow yourself to be happy."

He leaned in and smiled at her. "Again, I say, that's it not that easy. You know, you could tell your parents how you feel. Tell them to leave you alone and let you make your own decisions. That would make you happy, wouldn't it?"

"Somewhat," she said. "I love my parents but I just want them to realise I'm not their little girl anymore."

"You look all grown up to me," he said huskily. He wondered where these words were coming from. He sounded like someone out of a Muggle film, spouting off lines.

Hermione smiled back at him. He really was quite handsome. She motioned for the bartender. "Can I have another, please?"

"On me," Harry said to the bartender. "Add it to mine."

Hermione groaned. "All right, NEXT round on me!"

A couple sat down on the other side of Hermione and they were talking rather loud. "Would you want to move to a table?" Hermione asked him.

Harry looked over. "Sure," he said after a moment. "Why not?"

Hermione led the way toward the back of the pub. She could feel his eyes on her and it made her smile.

They sat down in the booth and she made a further quick study of him. He was much more handsome in person than he looked in magazines or in books.

"You're dressed up," Harry said. "Coming back from a date?"

"Not exactly," Hermione said wryly. "I just finished school, and I thought my parents wanted to take me out for a celebratory dinner. Instead, I get ambushed and yelled at for not wanting to become a dentist. My parents just don't understand me."

"Which brought you here?" he guessed.

"I needed to unwind a bit," Hermione sipped her wine.

"I can certainly understand that," Harry said leaning back in the booth.

He didn't elaborate and Hermione didn't want to ask. If she'd had to deal with half of what he'd had to deal with, she'd probably be drinking in a pub, too.

They sat for a few moments in silence. "So..." she wasn't sure what to say next.

"I'm probably not the best company," Harry told her. "I'm not much of a talker."

"Sometimes I talk too much," Hermione said ruefully.

"So much for being kindred spirits," Harry said dryly raising his glass.

Hermione shrugged. "Well sometimes they say opposites attract."

Harry looked across the table at her. "Are you saying that you're attracted to me?"

Hermione took a sip of her wine to avoid saying something else that would get her into trouble.

"No," she finally answered, half lying.

"That's a shame," Harry said looking directly at her.

Her eyebrow raised. "Why do you say that?"

"Why do you think?" Harry countered finishing his drink.

"Don't turn this around on me," Hermione answered. "I asked you first."

Harry grinned lazily at her. The alcohol was giving him the liquid courage to say things he normally wouldn't. "Because I'm very attracted to you and I don't even know your name."

Hermione coughed. "I beg your pardon?"

"Sorry," he said holding up his hand. "I guess I misread the situation. I'm going to the bar."

"No," Hermione said. "Um... it's my treat this time, remember?"

"You can get the next one," Harry said getting to his feet. "I'll be right back."

"But--" Hermione's words were cut off as he left the booth. "Great..." she muttered.

He probably couldn't wait to get away from her. Chances were, he was heading out the front door right now. Maybe it was for the best, she tried to tell herself. This wasn't really who she was. She didn't flirt with blokes in pubs.

Hermione rubbed her eyes and finished her drink before shoving the glass away and grabbing her bag.

She stood up and walked over to the bar, ready to settle her tab. There was no sign of Harry anywhere. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to find the one person she didn't want to see. "James? What are you doing here?"

"I've been calling you for the past half hour," James said. "Your parents and I have been worried sick."

"I don't care," Hermione said coolly.

"Come on back to the house," James said reaching for her arm.

"Let go of me," Hermione twisted away.

"Have you been drinking?" James asked, shaking his head. "Hermione-"

"James, go away," Hermione said firmly. "I am not interested."

"You're still upset about tonight," James said holding on to her arm. "Are you----are you drunk?"

"I am FINE," Hermione snapped at him.

"You are drunk!" James exclaimed, shaking his head. "Come on. I'll take you back to your parents' house and we can have some coffee. Sober you right up."

"If you don't leave me alone, I'm going to do something you'll regret for the rest of your life," Hermione said darkly.

"Is there a problem here?" a male voice said from behind Hermione. She turned to see Harry glaring at James. She'd thought that he'd gone!

"My girlfriend and I are just leaving," James said grabbing Hermione's arm tighter.

"I don't think she's your girlfriend, mate." Harry spoke the last word with a sarcastic tone.

"And what would you know of it?" James asked glaring at him.

"Plenty," Hermione said wrenching out of James' grasp. "Actually, HE and I were just leaving."

"What?" James looked taken aback.

"That's right," Harry said putting his arm around Hermione. ""I was just settling with the bartender. You ready to go?"

Hermione nodded quickly. "More than ready."

James called after her, but Hermione was already following Harry out of the pub. She knew that he'd tell her parents about what had happened, but she could care less right now.

Once they were outside, Hermione decided to give him an out. "Thank you for saving me in there."

Harry nodded. "He seems like a real winner."

"My parents certainly think so," Hermione said looking down at the sidewalk. Never in her life had she been at such a loss for what to say.

Harry smiled at her. "At least they gave you an interesting name... Hermione."

"It's from Shakespeare," Hermione told him. "A Winter's Tale."

"Suits you," Harry replied, looking at her intently.

Hermione couldn't look away from him. "I guess this is good night then."

"Doesn't have to be," Harry said stepping closer. "Not if we don't want it to be."

Her heart beat faster. "I don't want it to be."

He leaned in and brushed his lips against hers.

Hermione responded immediately to the kiss. At first she wasn't sure if it was her or the wine, but she dismissed that thought.

Harry put his arms around her and pulled her closer.

A purring noise came from deep within her throat as their bodies pressed against each other.

"If you want," Harry said, his mouth brushing her ear. "My place is only a few blocks from here."

"I definitely want," Hermione murmured.

Harry kissed her again. "Follow me..."

With kisses like that, Hermione would have followed him anywhere. She was a tipsy from the wine and it had definitely lowered her inhibitions.

Harry led her to his small one bedroom flat. "It's not much, but its home," he said opening the door.

"It's perfect," Hermione said stepping inside.

He no sooner had the door closed behind them than she was kissing him again. Harry was pleasantly surprised by her forwardness.

He walked her backwards toward the bedroom, never breaking their kiss.

"This way," Harry finally said softly. His bedroom wasn't too big a mess, the bed was unmade and a few garments were scattered around the room.

Hermione didn't even look at the bed. She was only concerned about what she was doing. For once in her life, she was being spontaneous and a little bit reckless. She began to unbutton his shirt.

Harry helped her pull his shirt off then set to work on her clothing.

It wasn't long before she was standing before him in just her knickers and bra. A little voice in her head asked what she was doing, but she ignored it.

Harry eyed her appreciatively as he shed his trousers. Hermione had a beautiful body, even if she seemed a little shy about showing it off.

Hermione looked up at him with trusting eyes. It was on the tip of her tongue to tell him that she'd never done this before, but she was afraid if she did, he would stop.

Harry pulled her close and kissed her again, walking them both over towards the bed.

Hermione brought him down with her. "Do you have anything?" she asked him in a voice barely above a whisper.

"All taken care of," Harry pulled them down onto the bed.

Hermione smiled up at him. "Don't stop."

"Not a chance," Harry kissed under her chin.

She felt his hand on her stomach and heard him mutter something. The protection charm. He'd obviously done this before, which was a good thing.

Without another word, Harry leaned in and kissed her again, running his hand around her back to unsnap her bra.

He pulled it off of her and Hermione's first instinct was to use her hands to cover herself, but the look in his eyes stopped her. The way he looked at her, she felt like the most desirable woman in the world.

"Gorgeous," Harry said softly, kissing the valley between her breasts.

Hermione closed her eyes and felt as if she was on fire.

Harry ran his hands freely over her body, which arched underneath him.

Hermione whimpered and parted her legs for him. She needed him now.

Pressing his lips back to hers, Harry pushed his way inside of her.

Hermione let out a muffled cry. She'd not expected the pain.

"Just move with me," Harry said breathlessly.

Hermione did as he asked and the pain gave way to a feeling that Hermione had never known. She wrapped her legs around him.

Harry couldn't speak anymore; he had not felt this kind of passion for quite some time. He pushed into her again and her body tightened around him.

"Mmmhmm," Hermione murmured. "Yes..."

"Yes..." Harry echoed, his lips trailing over her skin.

His body tensed, and he pulled back, only to re-enter her harder and faster. Again, Hermione cried out in pleasure.

Harry was unable to hold himself together much longer, and buried his face in her shoulder as he let out his release.

Hermione lay underneath him, feeling exhausted and sated.

Harry pushed himself off her, lying down just to her side.

"Wow," Hermione managed.

"Yeah," Harry nodded. "You're incredible." he blinked hazily at her, his vision blurry without his glasses on.

Hermione turned her head to look at him and caught sight of a framed photograph on the bedside table. A beautiful dark-haired woman stared back at her.

Harry didn't notice as the smile dropped off her face.

"Who is that?" Hermione asked quietly. She hoped she hadn't just helped him cheat on a wife or girlfriend.

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked.

"The girl in the photograph," Hermione replied.

Harry followed her gaze and felt his heart nearly drop right out of his chest. "That's Parvati," he said, almost inaudibly. "She was my girlfriend."

Hermione propped herself up on an elbow. "Was?"

"She died," Harry turned so his back was to her.

Hermione put her hand on his back. "I'm sorry."

"You didn't know," Harry answered.

Hermione considered her words carefully. "It's never easy to lose someone you love. I shouldn't have said anything. I just saw the picture and I thought---"

"You didn't know," Harry said again, turning the picture so it faced down on the nightstand.

Hermione was a curious person by nature, and she wanted to know what had happened, but didn't want to pry. It was obviously still an open wound for him.

"I should get to sleep," Harry said, feeling awkward now that the effects of the alcohol were wearing off.

"Is that my hint to go?" Hermione asked softly.

Harry turned to look at her. "I'd like you to stay," he replied, surprising himself.

Hermione blinked. "Really?"

"Yeah," he reached for her.

Hermione smiled at him. "I thought you wanted to go to sleep."

"I do," he answered, smiling back.

Hermione laughed as he pulled her on top of him. "Afterwards?"

"As long as you don't mind," Harry said, pushing the thought of Parvati out of his head. He needed to move on, and while he didn't want to forget her, he wanted to distance himself from the memory of their relationship.

"You're not going to hear any complaints from me," Hermione said softly.

The next morning, Hermione awoke not really sure of where she was or why she didn't have any clothes on. A smile played at her lips as the events of last night came slowly back to her.

She yawned and blinked, raising her head to look for Harry.

He came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist. "Good morning."

"Morning?" Hermione asked sleepily. "What time is it?"

"Half past seven," he answered. "I uh... I have to get to work."

Hermione's eyes grew large. "Oh no! I'm going to be late!"

Harry watched her scramble out of bed and get dressed. He wasn't quite sure what to say to her.

"Damn it," Hermione said looking around for her skirt. "Where is it?"

Harry found it behind the chair; he picked it up and handed it to her.

"Thank you," Hermione said quickly slipping it on. "Could you---could you help me with the zipper, please?"

Harry nodded and stood behind her, pulling it up. "I have to get going," he replied. "You can let yourself out, or if you like, I have some coffee in the kitchen."

Hermione shook her head and picked up her bag. "It's okay. I'm going to leave now. I have a big day ahead of me and if I don't leave now, I'll be late."

"Okay," Harry didn't argue. He put his robes on and grabbed his bag that contained the papers he needed for his first day at his new job.

Hermione wanted to ask him if she'd see him again, but she didn't think that was likely given how he was acting. "Thank you for last night."

Harry gave her a brief nod. He had enjoyed himself, but it had been the liquor acting, not him.

Hermione let herself out and then hurried outside. She Apparated the second she found an empty alley. There wasn't time to think about what had happened.

She arrived at the Ministry, excited about what the day might hold. This was a whole new start for her.

She went through the security checkpoints and then made her way to Auror Headquarters. When the lift pinged open, she saw a crowd of people about her age mulling about.

"Mum, I really am fine," a red-haired man was saying to an older woman who seemed to be fussing over him. "I really wish you hadn't come with me today."

"But Ronald," the woman was trying to smooth down his hair. "This is a big day for my little boy---"

"MUM!" the red-haired man exclaimed. "I am not a little boy anymore!"

"Nonsense," the woman said. "Let me take another photo--"

He looked positively mortified at that prospect and Hermione stifled a laugh at the look on his face. Still, it must be nice to have parents who supported your new career.

She headed down the corridor to the room she was told to wait in. There were already a few people inside.

"Hello," a sandy-haired man said as she sat down beside him. "Justin Finch-Fletchley. And you are?"

"Hermione Granger," she shook his head. "Are you from Hogwarts?"

Justin grinned. "Yes and you're from Beauxbatons, right?"

"That's right," Hermione nodded. "Any word on who the instructor is yet?"

"Not sure," Justin replied. "We were all talking about that before you came in here."

"Whomever it is will probably be a complete ogre," a pretty blonde girl said. "I heard this training can be quite brutal. Three years of our lives."

"You gonna make it, Lav?" Justin grinned at her.

The blonde girl laughed. "I have as good a shot as you." She looked at Hermione. "Lavender Brown."

"Hermione Granger," she introduced herself. She wasn't one to make snap judgements but she wondered exactly what this girl was doing in here. She seemed more the type to work at Witch Weekly than Auror training.

The group looked up expectantly as the door opened again, but it was only the red-haired bloke Hermione had seen in the corridor.

"Finish with your photo call, Weasley?" Justin teased. "Mummy give you lunch, too?"

"Sod off wanker," the redhead boy glared at him.

"Ronald Weasley," Lavender whispered to Hermione. "Class Clown."

"How'd he get in here?" Hermione asked.

"He has a very smart girlfriend who helped him apply himself our last year," Lavender told her. "And his brother Bill Weasley is an Auror, too. He works mostly out of the country though."

Hermione nodded. She had heard of Bill Weasley.

The door opened again and Hermione smiled when she saw Remus Lupin enter the room. She'd met with him numerous times during the registration process.

"Good morning," the older man said to their group. "I'd like to be the first to welcome you to the first day of the rest of your lives..."

"And prison for the next three years," a voice called out from the back, making the rest of them break out into nervous laughter.

"Thank you, Mr. Weasley," Lupin said with a grin. "And you will be delighted to know that we will feed you a diet of bread and water for the next three years---breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

"What?" Ron grew pale.

"That is a standard prison diet," Lupin said trying to keep a straight face.

"You mean no sweets?" Ron asked. "Or butterbeer?"

Lupin laughed. "Relax, Mr. Weasley. I'm only kidding. You and your colleagues will have full access to the Ministry cafeteria."

Ron visibly relaxed.

"You just saved his life, sir." Justin said.

Lupin leaned forward on the podium. "Happy to do that, Mr. Finch-Fletchley." He surveyed the group before him. "Get a good look at the people around you. They will be your friends, your partners, your sounding boards for the next three years. As you know, we have thirty new recruits this year. We've broken you down into groups of ten. Each of you will have two main instructors. I will be teaching one half of your curriculum."

"Who will be teaching the other half?" Hermione asked.

At that moment the door opened and Lupin smiled. "Just on time. Class... this will be your other instructor. Harry Potter."

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as Hermione looked up to see the man she'd spent all of last night with shake hands with Remus Lupin.

Her face flamed a bright red and she sank down in her seat.

Lupin slapped Harry on the back. "Lots of friendly faces here, eh Harry? Nine of your students were at Hogwarts with you. We have another that comes to us from Beauxbatons---"

Harry nodded and looked over the crowd, his eyes meeting a pair of familiar brown ones.