Unofficial Portkey Archive

Teacher's Pet by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Teacher's Pet

Amynoelle and Heaven

More H/Hr fun this chapter. We hope you enjoy and please review!!!

"I'm pretty famished," Hermione admitted. "Hospital food is not that good."

"You should have told me!" Lavender said. "I would have brought you something from the bakery while you were in there. Of course, your parents were hovering over you most of the time..."

"Its fine," Hermione assured her. "Really. Let's just go in and have breakfast."

"Okay," Lavender said. "I'm hungry too."

"I finished my essay last night for Professor Lupin," Hermione said as they got into queue.

"You did?" Lavender asked. "Hermione, you were supposed to be resting."

Hermione gave her a look.

"Okay," Lavender said sheepishly. "Okay."

"Thank you," Hermione said in relief as she reached for a muffin.

"I finished my essay too," Lavender said. "This morning."

"You waited that long?" Hermione asked automatically.

"Well, I was worried about my roommate," Lavender pointed out.

"I guess I can let you off the hook just this once," Hermione joked.

"Very nice of you to do that," Lavender giggled. "Ooooh! They have waffles!"

"Your favourite Charlie food," Hermione teased.

Lavender smiled. "Yes, they are."

Hermione watched as her friend stacked three waffles on her plate and then poured a healthy amount of syrup on top of them. "Charlie's made you start eating real food, Lav."

"I've probably gained a stone for it," Lavender replied.

"That's rubbish," Hermione said grabbing a plate of waffles, too.

"Yes well," Lavender said. "It makes me think of him when I eat them."

Hermione smiled at her. "The way to your heart was through a plate of waffles..."

Lavender laughed. "Maybe I'm more like Ron than I ever thought."

"Perish the thought," Hermione teased, reaching for a glass of juice. She was hoping to see Harry, but a quick scan of the cafeteria revealed he wasn't here.

"He's preparing for class, I'm sure." Lavender whispered.

Hermione nodded. "He's been kind of quiet since this happened. I mean, he was there, but he looked so distant."

"He's probably scared of anyone finding out," Lavender reassured her.

Hermione thought it was more than that. She hoped he honestly didn't blame himself for what had happened. She certainly didn't.

"You'll talk to him after class, and it'll be fine," Lavender said quietly as they sat down at a table.

"I hope so," Hermione said.

"Hello, Miss Granger, Miss Brown," Lupin said from behind them.

"Good morning, Professor," Hermione replied.

"How are you feeling?" Lupin asked her.

"Much better, thank you." Hermione answered.

"She's got a big scar on her stomach," Lavender added.

Hermione blushed. "Lavender..."

"I'm very sorry to hear that Miss Granger." Lupin said.

"It's okay, sir," Hermione said. "I'm just looking forward to things getting back to normal."

"Very good," Lupin said. "I'll see you both later in class."

Hermione and Lavender finished their breakfast and slowly made their way to the classroom for that morning's class. Hermione's heart skipped a beat when she saw Harry busily writing at his desk.

No one else was in yet, and Lavender whispered that she'd wait outside and let them know when anyone was approaching.

"Hi," Hermione said when they were alone.

"Hey," Harry said softly. "How are you feeling?"

"Good," Hermione replied. "How are you?"

"All right," Harry answered, standing up.

Hermione smiled at him. "You look like you haven't slept."

"I haven't, really." Harry said. "I was worried about you."

Hermione reached for him. "I'm okay."

Harry pulled her tightly against him.

Hermione winced when he held her. "Oh...."

"I'm sorry," Harry said quickly. "Where does it hurt?"

"It's my stomach," Hermione said. "Where I was hit..."

Harry's eyebrows creased together. "I should have paid more attention," he muttered.

Hermione shook her head. "No."

"Hermione--" Harry began to argue.

"No," Hermione repeated. "It wasn't your fault. It was Rookwood's and he's on his way to Azkaban."

"Where he should have been all along," Harry said bitterly.

Hermione reached for his hand. "It's okay."

"I just don't think I could handle it if anything happened to you," Harry told her.

"I feel that way about you," Hermione said leaning in. "I love you."

"I love you too," Harry said before gently kissing her.

Hermione put her arms around his neck. This was what she'd been waiting for all weekend.

"You're going to be okay," Harry said, more to reassure himself.

"Better than okay because I have you," Hermione said.

"You always do," Harry brushed her hair behind her ear.

"You know my mother had some nice things to say about you," Hermione told him.

"She did?" Harry asked, surprised.

"Mmmhmm," Hermione said. "She thought that it was very nice of you to be so concerned."

"Little does she know," Harry said wryly.

Hermione laughed. "Yes, little does she know."

Harry kissed her again, holding her close but not too tightly.

"Thank you for staying with me this weekend," Hermione said. "I really needed you and you were there."

"No one could have dragged me away," Harry said. "No one."

Hermione leaned against him. "Are you doing anything tonight?"

"Something with you, I hope." Harry said.

Hermione smiled. "How about a quiet night at yours?"

"I'll make us dinner," Harry promised. "Your favourite, again."

"Sounds perfect," Hermione said happily. "I can't wait."

Harry gave her one more kiss as Lavender poked her head in.

"Time's up," she apologised. "Eloise and Justin are coming."

"Thanks," Harry told her.

Hermione took her seat while the rest of the students trickled in, save for Ernie.

"He---he wasn't feeling that well," Justin told Harry. "He's going to come later if he feels better."

"I see," Harry made a notation in the roster as Eloise shook her head.

Justin looked away from Eloise. She didn't understand.

Harry began the lesson for that day by talking about the raid and what had happened.

"There were some good things that happened and some bad things," Harry told them. "First off, I didn't prepare you for everything eventuality."

"But we got him, right?" Ron asked. "He's getting sent to Azkaban?"

"If all goes as expected," Harry said.

"What can we do to better prepare ourselves for next time?" Hermione asked.

"Does anyone have any ideas?" Harry asked the class. He wanted them to start thinking like Aurors.

"Maybe a better awareness of our surroundings?" Eloise volunteered.

"Very good," Harry said. "And we didn't plan on there being anyone else there. That was a big mistake."

The class nodded sombrely.

"Justin, what do you think was our mistake?" Harry asked.

"Being too spread out?" Justin asked. "Not having enough of us in one place?"

"Valid points," Harry said nodding. "I don't want you to think that I'm not proud of all of you. You all did quite well on your first raid."

"When do we do another one?" Lavender asked.

"I don't know, but hopefully sometime after the new year," Harry told them.

Despite what had happened to her, Hermione was anxious to go on another raid.

Harry produced a stack of folders. "I'd like you to break up into groups of two and read over the cases in these folders."

"Should we work with our partners?" Justin asked.

"Yes," Harry replied. "These are past cases that the Aurors in this department worked on in the last two years. Analyze the cases and determine what was done right and wrong in each case."

Hermione was going to pull her chair over by Ron's when he stood up.

"I can get it for you," Ron said hastily.

"Thanks," Hermione said.

"No problem," Ron said moving her chair. "So, how are you?"

"Better," Hermione nodded.

"You had us all really worried," Ron told her.

"I know," she said softly. "Harry especially."

"He's blaming himself, isn't he?" Ron asked, keeping his voice down.

"I told him not to," Hermione answered as she opened her book. "It wasn't his fault."

"He never believes that," Ron said shaking his head. "Everything's always his fault in his mind."

"Just because of Parvati?" Hermione whispered.

"Before then," Ron confided. "Sirius."

"Oh," Hermione said, sneaking a look at the black haired young man at the front of the classroom.

"We'd better get to work," Ron said opening the folder.

Hermione nodded. "We've got quite a bit of reading to do here."

"Good thing you're such a bookworm," Ron grinned.

Harry excused himself and told the class that he'd be right back.

He slipped out into the hall and closed the door behind him.

Every time he looked at Hermione, he pictured her falling to the floor in that mansion.

"Get a grip," he told himself. "She's fine."

The right thing to do would be to end this. He hadn't been able to protect Parvati and he hadn't been able to protect Hermione. But, there was no way in the world, he could let her go.

She was too much a part of his life. He saw them together years from now.

A few minutes later, he walked back into the classroom and checked their progress.

"What have you lot found out so far?" he asked.

Ron snickered. "Hermione and I were enjoying the fact that a death eater was caught in lingerie."

Lavender rolled her eyes. "So?"

"It was a male death eater," Hermione pointed out.

Lavender slapped a hand over her mouth as the rest of the class laughed.

"It gets better," Ron told her. "It was Lucius Malfoy."

Harry couldn't suppress a grin. "We know where Draco gets it from then."

"That's classic," Lavender giggled.

"Quite so," Harry answered.

The rest of that morning's session went by without an appearance from Ernie.

Harry marked that in his roster that Ernie had missed the lesson. Truth be told however, he didn't miss the bloke at all.

Hermione lingered after class. "You should kip," she told him.

"I'm all right," Harry replied.

"You have bags under your eyes," Hermione said. "And I caught you yawning a couple of times."

"I know but I was worried, that's why." Harry told her. "I'll be all right."

"You said you'd do anything for me, right?" Hermione asked slyly.

Harry smiled at her. "Are you going to ask me to sleep?"

Hermione hit him playfully on the arm. "Yes, but now you've ruined it."

"I'll go take a kip," Harry promised.

"Will you really?" Hermione asked. "Or are you just placating me?"

"I promise," Harry said.

"I don't want you falling asleep on me tonight," Hermione said.

"Never," Harry said, leaning in for a quick kiss. "I'll see you around seven in my office. We can leave from there."

"I'll be there," Hermione promised. "I love you."

"I love you too," Harry answered.

Hermione turned to leave and nearly collided with Ernie as she exited the room.

"Hey, Granger," Ernie said. "Good to see you back."

"Uh, hi Ernie," Hermione answered. "Thanks."

Ernie stood back to allow her to leave before he entered the room.

"Feeling better?" Harry asked him.

"What?" Ernie asked. "Oh uh... yeah. What did I miss?"

"We discussed the raid," Harry said handing him a folder. "And we discussed prior cases."

"Any reading?" Ernie asked curtly.

"Just read over your case," Harry told him.

"Sounds like fun," Ernie turned to leave.

"I really do hope that you're taking this seriously, Ernie," Harry cautioned. "You are still on probation and skiving---"

"I wasn't skiving!" Ernie snapped, his face red.

"Justin said you were sick," Harry said. "I was just trying to confirm it. Believe it or not, I would like for you to do well in the program."

"How nice," Ernie said sarcastically.

"You do realise that we're not at Hogwarts anymore?" Harry asked him. "I'm your superior."

"As you keep reminding me," Ernie crossed his arms.

"You just need to respect my position as your superior," Harry told him.

"Whatever," Ernie said. "Can I go now?"

"Yes," Harry replied. "You can go."

Ernie grumbled under his breath as he left the room. Potter was loving every single moment of this. Ordering him around and acting all smug. Ernie decided to give up his lunch and try and find Padma.

She was in the library, going over some old case. "Hi," Ernie approached her, his eyes running over her slender body.

"I'm kind of busy," Padma told him.

"I'll only be a minute," Ernie said. "I just caught Granger coming out of Potter's classroom."

"She's in his class," Padma rolled her eyes.

"Alone," Ernie stressed.

"Oh," Padma said looking up.

"Just thought you might want to know," Ernie smiled at her.

"I heard that she was hurt this weekend," Padma said. "During your little raid..."

"You should have seen Potter," Ernie smirked. "I thought he'd lose it right then and there."

Padma had tried not to like Hermione, but it was hard. She really was friendly and easy to talk to and they had a lot in common. In some parallel universe, maybe they could have been friends.

"We can use this, right?" Ernie asked, sitting down in the chair next to her.

"Use what?" Padma asked.

"His reaction," Ernie said. "Against him. To get him sacked."

"Ernie, I don't think that would help," Padma replied. "You'd have to have concrete proof and he could easily say he reacted like he did because she was his student."

Ernie was frustrated at her answer. "It sounds like you're backing out on our deal," he said.

Padma sighed. "It's not that, Ernie. It's just I've started this new job and I'm trying to spend as much time with my parents. I'm all they have left."

Ernie stared at the young woman who was the exact mirror image of the girl he'd been head over heels for at Hogwarts.

"I just wonder if this is worth it," Padma said. "He's bullet-proof, Ernie."

Ernie just rolled his eyes. "You've gone soft.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Padma asked.

"You've gone soft on Potter," Ernie said, trying to fan the flames. "You don't care that he killed your sister." by the look on Padma's face, he realised he'd gone too far.

She glared at him. "How could you say something like that!"

"I'm sorry," Ernie apologised quickly. "I was way out of line."

"My sister meant everything to me," Padma said as tears welled up in her eyes. "I would have done anything for her and for you to say something like that..."

"I shouldn't have," Ernie felt bad and he put a hand on her arm. "I know she was important to you. I just... I need to keep my mouth shut sometimes."

Padma relaxed. "Yes, you do."

"I'm really sorry," Ernie gazed over at her. "Padma--"

"It's okay," Padma said quietly.

"I just would never deliberately hurt you," Ernie said.

Padma gave him a slight smile. "Thanks."

Ernie realised his time was up for now. "I'll let you get back to work."

"I really should," Padma said gathering her books. "I have to turn this research in upstairs."

"I'll see you later," Ernie said, watching her leave.

He wondered why she didn't wear her hair down more often the way Parvati always did.

He made a mental note to say something to her about that another time.

He had thought a lot about Parvati over the last few weeks. If she'd only given him a chance instead of Potter, she'd still be alive today.

He promised himself her death wouldn't have been in vain. To die for Potter... that was just too much to really think about.

He remembered their sixth year at Hogwarts. He'd tried to work up the courage to ask her out.

It had been too late, he reminisced. Potter had already sunk his claws into her. Just swooped in and took her away and Parvati never even thought twice about it. He'd get Potter back for that. And for causing the Patil family so much grief.

Later that evening, Harry was headed back to the Ministry to collect Hermione. He'd actually managed to get some much needed sleep.

He let himself into his office, thinking about the night ahead. He knew they probably wouldn't be able to get intimate, but he didn't care. He just wanted to hold her.

They could talk about what they would do for Christmas. The idea of him spending Christmas with her family was now out since he'd met her parents in the capacity of her professor.

He was mulling over a few ideas in his head when he heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in," he called out.

"Hi," Hermione poked her head around the door.

"Hi," he said grinning at her. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine," Hermione said. "And you? Did you sleep like you promised?"

"Three hour kip," Harry told her.

She grinned. "That's what I like to hear."

"Well, I was told that I had to or else," Harry said dryly.

"That's right," Hermione gave him a kiss.

"Well, I have a quiet night planned for you," Harry said. "I'm still cooking, but while you wait, you can take a nice, long bath..."

"Sounds perfect," Hermione said.

"You ready to go?" Harry asked her.

"Definitely," she said.

Harry gave her one last kiss before taking her hand and leading her over to the fireplace.

"You should be all right to Floo," Harry told her.

"The healer said it would be okay," Hermione said.

"Good," Harry tossed a pinch of dust into the fireplace. "After you..."

"Such a gentleman," Hermione said stepping inside.

He followed after and they were soon in his flat. "You know where the bathroom is," he told her.

Hermione smiled and silently walked toward the bathroom. When she opened the door, she gasped.

"Like it?" Harry grinned. "Surprise..."

There were lit candles all around the bathroom and soft music was playing. He'd set up a full bubble bath for her. "You did all this for me?"

"Sure did," Harry answered. "Go on and relax."

Hermione turned around and beamed at him. "Thank you."

Harry gave her a gentle kiss. "I'll finish dinner."

Hermione grinned. "You are the best. Do you know that?"

He smiled back at her. "Only the best for you."

He gave her another quick kiss before he left her. Hermione slowly took off her clothes. It had been ages since she'd had a bubble bath.

She sank into the hot bath, feeling her muscles relax immediately. She was going to have to repay him for this. Perhaps at Christmas...

Christmas. That thought made her sit straight up.

They wouldn't be able to spend Christmas with her family now.

She ran her hand along the top of the water in disappointment. Hermione'd had daydreams about Harry sitting around, talking and charming her parents, and warm nights sitting together by a fire.

Harry poked his head inside. "I have a glass of wine for you."

"Thanks," Hermione said softly.

"You're welcome," Harry said setting the glass down on the edge of the tub. "You look nice and settled in."

"I feel very relaxed," Hermione said. "Harry... I just realised we can't do the Christmas like we planned."

Harry knelt down. "I know."

"I was really looking forward to it," she said quietly.

Harry touched her cheek. "Me too, sweetheart."

"I still want to spend it with you," Hermione leaned into his palm.

"We will," Harry promised her.

Hermione nodded. "Okay."

"I was actually thinking about it earlier," Harry said. "How would you feel about spending the holiday at my godfather's house? It's isolated and no one would know we were there."

"Where did you say it was?" she asked.

"Right here in London," Harry replied. "12 Grimmauld Place."

It wasn't the most glamorous sounding holiday, but if they were alone, she didn't care. "I think it sounds wonderful."

Harry grinned. "You sure? I know it's not St. Moritz."

"I don't care," she leaned in and gave him a kiss. "We'll get food, and movies, and stuff to drink, and we'll stay in the house the entire time."

"Now that sounds perfect," Harry said pulling back. He was about to get up to check on the food when he saw through a break in the bubbles the scar on Hermione's abdomen.

She saw the look on his face. "What?"

"Nothing," Harry said hastily. "I-I need to check on dinner."

"Harry," Hermione put her hand out to stop him. "What is it?"

"You didn't tell me that you had a scar," Harry said quietly.

Hermione looked down at her stomach wordlessly.

Harry stood up. "I'm going to check on dinner."

"You're angry," she said as he reached the door. "Harry, it's just a scar."

He turned around. "It's not just a scar, Hermione. It's a reminder to you and to me that I couldn't protect you---"

"It's not about protection," Hermione interrupted. "That could have happened to any of us, Harry."

"Yeah, but it happened to you," Harry replied. "And I don't want to lose you."

"You aren't going to lose me," Hermione assured him.

"I nearly did last weekend," Harry said looking at her.

"I wasn't about to die," Hermione told him. "Harry-"

"You were bleeding to death, Hermione," Harry said bitterly. "If I hadn't gotten to Rookwood when I did, we wouldn't have been able to save you."

"But you did save me," Hermione said gently. "Harry, you can't blame yourself for everything that goes wrong in the world."

Harry looked away.

"You can't," Hermione told him. "I won't let you blame yourself for what happened."

"I'm sorry," he said softly.

"It's okay," Hermione said.

Harry reached for a towel. "You're going to turn into a prune."

"Long as you still love me, wrinkled skin and all," Hermione said, rising up from the tub.

"You know I do," Harry sand handing her the towel.

She wrapped it around herself. "Thank you."

"I love you, Hermione Granger," Harry said.

She gave him a quick peck on the lips. "I love you too Harry Potter. I always will."

Harry pulled her close.

"Hold me for a minute," She whispered.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and held her like she asked.

"I've wanted to be in your arms like this all week," Hermione closed her eyes.

"Feels like home," Harry whispered.

She couldn't have agreed more as she rested her head on his chest.

"I really should get back to the kitchen," Harry said softly.

"I'll join you there in a minute," she said.

"Okay," Harry said giving her hand one last squeeze.

Hermione sipped her wine before folding the towel and placing it on the counter. Harry had really gone all out and put a nice, thick robe in there for her as well.

Hermione put the robe on and straightened her hair before joining him in the kitchen. He seemed to be in much better spirits.

"It smells absolutely delicious in here," she said.

"Thank you," Harry said putting the plates on the table.

"You spoil me," she said, setting her glass of wine down.

"You deserve to be pampered every now and then," Harry said holding out her chair for her.

"With you it's been almost every night," Hermione said with a grin.

"So you're going to keep me around then?" Harry asked.

"You'd better believe it," Hermione answered.

"So how did you leave things with your parents?" Harry asked.

"Dad's not happy with me again," Hermione said. "He really wants me home."

Harry could certainly understand why. He'd seen Dr. Granger at the hospital.

"And your mum?" Harry asked.

"I think Mum just wants me to be happy," Hermione said softly.

"She and I have something in common," Harry said smiling at her.

"She really did like you," Hermione dug into her spring rolls.

"Would she feel the same if she knew who I really was and what we were really doing?" Harry asked.

"I would hope so," Hermione said thoughtfully.

"Your dad would probably want to beat me into a pulp," Harry joked.

"If he got the chance to get to know you, he'd like you." Hermione told him.

"Did he like your other boyfriends?" Harry asked.

"I haven't had that many," Hermione looked down at her dish.

"I find that hard to believe," Harry said.

Hermione shrugged. "It's not a big deal."

"You can tell me you know and I think I'm secure enough in what we have to not be upset," Harry teased.

Hermione shook her head. "I just know that I'm lucky to have you."

Harry smiled at her. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've only had two serious girlfriends other than you."

"Aside from Parvati, who was the other one?" Hermione asked curiously.

"One and a half actually," Harry clarified. "I had a short-term thing with Cho Chang, she was a year older than me and I fancied her quite a bit. She was still hung up on her old boyfriend though."

"So you were sort of rebound?" Hermione asked.

Harry told Hermione about the Triwizard Tournament during his fourth year at Hogwarts. He told her about Cho and how she'd been involved with one of his competitors, Cedric Diggory.

"I was there when he died," Harry said quietly. "I think she and I were looking for some sort of common ground and we found it in each other."

"How horrible," Hermione said softly. "For both of you."

Harry nodded. "Yeah. Cedric was a great bloke, too."

Hermione finished her rice. "That was wonderful Harry."

"Do you have room for dessert?" Harry asked with a grin. "I hope so..."

"Always," Hermione said laughing.

Harry took their empty plates and set them in the sink.

"Before you get too impressed," Harry cautioned. "I didn't make the dessert. I stopped off at the bakery earlier."

"So you cheated?" Hermione teased.

"Just a little," Harry said reaching into the icebox for the German chocolate cake.

Hermione's eyes glazed over. "Chocolate...."

Harry grinned. "I thought you'd like this."

"I love chocolate," Hermione said.

Harry set a slice before her. "Here you go."

Hermione stuck her fork into it. "I'm hungry all over again."

Harry grinned. "You look like a kid in a candy shoppe."

"Very funny," Hermione answered.

"So," Harry said. "Come on...tell me, who was your first boyfriend?"

"Just a guy back at Beauxbatons," Hermione said. "We had a few dates here and there."

"Jean Philippe?" Harry asked. "Pierre? Jean Claude?"

"Damien," Hermione said.

"Damien?" Harry asked, his nose scrunching up in disgust.

"I know," Hermione said with a grin. "But I thought he was dreamy."

"Dreamy?" Harry rolled his eyes.

"He was," Hermione said with a grin. "But nowhere near as dreamy as you."

"Damien," Harry grumbled. "You know there was a Muggle film where there was this demon child and you know what his name was? Damien."

Hermione laughed. "I assure you, Damien was anything but a demon child."

"So what made you chuck old Demon?" Harry asked.

"Damien," Hermione said, amused. "I don't know... we grew apart, and he started seeing other girls."

"He was a wanker," Harry said taking a bite of his cake.

"How would you know?" Hermione asked. "You never met him."

Harry shrugged. "Damien."

Hermione laughed. "You're jealous!"

"Jealous?" Harry scoffed.

"Why else would you hate a bloke you never even met?" Hermione asked.

"I didn't say I hated him," Harry said defensively. "I said he had a stupid name."

Hermione moved over to sit on his lap.

"Damien," Harry grumbled again.

Hermione smiled and took the fork from him and cut into the cake. She held out the fork to him. "Bite?"

"I'm not so hungry," Harry said.

"Come on," Hermione said.

One look at her face and Harry couldn't refuse.

Hermione fed him the bite. "So who was the other one?"

"Ron's sister Ginny," Harry said. "I don't know why, thinking back on it."

"Ron mentioned she had a crush on you for a long time," Hermione replied.

Harry shrugged. "Lavender always thought it was a love potion."

Hermione gasped. "Really?"

"It sort of came on out of nowhere," Harry said.

"Kind of like us," Hermione said taking another bite of the cake.

Harry shook his head. "Nowhere near it."

"That one night in a bar and it didn't come out of nowhere?" Hermione asked. "Come on..."

"So what did you do?" Harry asked nudging her. "You slip something in my drink?"

"Hardly," Hermione said.

"Well, it did come out of nowhere," Harry admitted. "But it came about at the perfect time."

Hermione smiled. "We both needed somebody."

Harry put his arms around her. "Yes, we did."

Hermione gave him a slow, passionate kiss.

Harry rested his forehead against hers. "You taste like chocolate."

"That's a good thing," Hermione told him.

"That's a very good thing," Harry said nuzzling her neck.

Hermione closed her eyes and let her head fall back.

"I love you," Harry whispered against her skin.

"I love you too," Hermione answered softly.

Harry stood up with her in his arms and carried her into the sitting room.

"Harry I don't know if--" she began.

"No," Harry reassured her. "I just thought we'd lie down together. That's all."

"Okay," she said, relieved.

Harry cuddled up beside her on the sofa and pulled his old Gryffindor blanket over the two of them.

"This is the best part of the evening," Hermione rested her head on his chest. "Just lying here with you. I want to do this every night."

"We can do it during Christmas," Harry told her.

She couldn't stop the smile that spread across her face.

"I want to spend every moment that I can with you," Harry said kissing the top of her head.

"Me too," Hermione closed her eyes in contentment.

Harry held her and tried to forget the images of her falling victim to Rookwood's curse.

"I really don't want to go back tonight," Hermione murmured.

"I was just thinking the same thing," Harry said thoughtfully.

"We probably shouldn't risk it though," Hermione said regretfully.

"Stay," Harry whispered in her ear.

"What if someone finds out?" Hermione asked. "We haven't been as careful as we should be."

"You are always practical," Harry reluctantly agreed.

"Sometimes too much so," Hermione sat up.

"So, I should get you back," Harry said.

"Can we meet in your office again tomorrow night?" Hermione asked.

"I think I might be able to fit you in," Harry said with a grin.

Hermione kissed him. "You'd better."

"Need any help getting dressed?" Harry asked.

"If you're offering, sure." Hermione answered.

Harry took her hand and led her back to the bathroom where she had left her clothes.

"I love this robe," Hermione said.

"It's yours," Harry told her.

"I can't take your robe," Hermione replied.

Harry tugged on the sash to the robe. "I bought it for you."

"You did?" Hermione asked. "Really?"

"Really," Harry said with a grin.

Hermione hugged him as tightly as she could.

"I should buy you robes more often," Harry joked.

"You are so perfect," Hermione said softly.

"Love really is blind," Harry said holding her close.

"No it's not," Hermione pressed her face in his shoulder.

Harry wrapped his arms around her waist, pushing away the guilt he felt about what had happened to her. He loved her with all his heart.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said softly as she pulled her clothes on.

"You sure you don't want me to go back with you?" Harry asked.

She shook her head. "I think I can get back on my own. No sense in you possibly getting caught."

"Just remember to lock my office when you leave," Harry said.

"I will," she promised.

"I'm glad we could spend some time together tonight," Harry said.

"Me too," Hermione said.

"I love you," Harry said giving her one last kiss.

She held onto him for a long moment. "I love you too."

Harry let her go with a promise to see her tomorrow morning.