Unofficial Portkey Archive

Teacher's Pet by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Teacher's Pet

Amynoelle and Heaven

We finish up Christmas here, even though in real time it's next week ;) So enjoy and please review!

After spending a night at the Burrow, Lavender and Charlie decided to drive south and check out a few of the bed and breakfasts they found on the road. The impulsiveness of their little holiday made Lavender quite excited and she could hardly wait to be alone with her boyfriend.

"I know the car's not much," Charlie apologised for the third time that day. "But, I did borrow it from an old friend. And it's the best I could do on short notice."

"It doesn't matter to me," Lavender replied.

"It's a lot better than my dad's old Ford Anglia," Charlie said with a laugh. "Of course, Ron and Harry took care of that old heap."

"I remember them talking about that car," Lavender said with a grin.

"I wasn't here to see it, but apparently my mum was so mad, she sent him a howler," Charlie said. "Poor Ron."

Lavender reached for his hand. "I don't even care if we were walking, I'm just so glad to be with you."

"Me too," Charlie said looking away from the road to look at her.

"What about that place?" Lavender asked.

"Millbrook Cottage?" Charlie asked. "Are you sure?"

"We can check it out," Lavender replied. "And if we don't like it, we'll get back on the road."

Charlie pulled the car into the drive. "Millbrook it is."

Lavender got out of the car and looked around at the charming little cottage.

"Watch out for the ice," Charlie warned.

His warning came a bit too late. Lavender slipped on a patch of ice.

"Are you okay?" Charlie asked kneeling down beside her.

"Fine," Lavender winced. She wasn't sure what was more bruised- her spine or her pride.

Charlie offered her his hand. "If it makes you feel any better, I once took a nasty spill on some ice. On the front steps at Hogwarts in front of Sarah Beth Reilly. The very same Sara Beth that I spent two years trying to impress."

Lavender sent him a half smile as he helped her to his feet.

"I broke my nose," Charlie said. "And she never spoke to me again. Though, truth be told, she was a Slytherin..."

"You were attracted to a Slytherin?" Lavender asked, her nose wrinkling.

"I was sixteen years old," Charlie said defensively.

"Well..." Lavender stepped closer. "It certainly didn't take away from your looks."

"I am hot," Charlie said with a lazy grin.

"For me," Lavender replied.

"Absolutely," Charlie said giving her a kiss. "Come on, Miss Brown. Let's check this place out."

"Okay," Lavender agreed as they headed inside.

"This is nice and cosy," Charlie commented as he held the door for her.

"Definitely looks like it," Lavender said. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," Charlie said. "Are you sure you're okay from the fall?"

Lavender nodded. "I'm fine, I promise."

"May I help you?" a woman asked approaching them.

"We'd like to rent a room for tonight, please." Lavender said.

"You're in luck," the woman said smiling at them. "We happen to have a vacancy."

"Perfect," Lavender said, squeezing Charlie's hand.

"The cottage suite is just upstairs," the woman told them.

"We'll take it," Charlie said without hesitation.

The woman led them upstairs explaining the amenities available to them. "Breakfast is served every morning at eight. Once you are settled, I'll bring you some tea and biscuits."

"Thank you," Lavender said, her stomach fluttering excitedly.

"You're quite welcome," the woman said smiling at her. "I'm Rebecca and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask."

"We will," Charlie said. "We appreciate it."

Rebecca smiled at them before going downstairs.

Charlie looked around at the room and couldn't help but be impressed. They'd obviously been given the best room in the place.

"I think this place is perfect," Lavender said, winding her arms around him.

"I think you're perfect," Charlie said softly.

She laughed. "That makes two of us. I think I'm perfect too."

"Even when you fall on the ice," Charlie teased.

"Even then," Lavender kissed him.

"I should go and get our bags," Charlie said.

"Hurry," Lavender kissed him again.

"Don't go anywhere," Charlie said before practically running out of the room.

Lavender headed for the loo while he was outside. She fixed up her hair and made sure her makeup was perfect before he came back.

Charlie set their bags down beside the door. "Good thing we stopped when we did. It's snowing again."

"We had the right idea," Lavender replied. "Guess we're in for the night then."

"No one else I'd rather be stuck with," Charlie said.

She wound her arms around his neck. "I've been waiting to be alone with you like this."

"You mean away from the mad house?" Charlie asked. "They loved you, you know that, right?"

"I hope so," Lavender said. "I really had a good time, Charlie."

"Me too," Charlie said. "I'm really glad we have this time, Lavender."

"I want to spend the rest of this holiday just... with... you..." Lavender said, kissing him.

"I think that can be arranged," Charlie said walking her back toward the bed.

It wasn't Lavender's first time, but it was her first time with Charlie, and her first time with a guy that she loved.

"I should lock the door in case that woman comes back with the tea," Charlie said pulling away for a moment.

"Good idea," Lavender said breathlessly. "Put up that Do Not Disturb sign."

Charlie did quick work of doing just that. "You realise she's going to know we're shagging."

"Who cares?" Lavender asked lazily.

"I see," Charlie said nodding as if suddenly catching on to her. "You're going to seduce me, Miss Brown?"

"Maybe," Lavender said coyly.

"Just as long as you promise to respect me in the morning," Charlie said with a grin.

"I'll do more than respect you," Lavender replied.

Charlie leaned in. "Promise?"

"I promise," Lavender brushed her lips over his.

"I love you," Charlie said suddenly serious.

"I love you too," Lavender said softly.

Charlie cupped her face in his hands. "You're sure you're ready for this?"

"I am so ready for you," Lavender said, staring into his eyes.

Charlie wrapped his arms around her and softly kissed her.

"Charlie," Lavender said breathlessly. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too," Charlie said before nuzzling her neck.

"Make me yours," Lavender whispered in his ear.

Charlie smiled at her before tugging up on her jumper.

Lavender lifted her arms willingly.

Charlie lifted it over her head and tossed it to the floor.

"More," Lavender hissed, nipping at his ear.

Charlie grinned. "Okay..."

"I want all of you," Lavender replied.

Charlie pulled away to take off his jumper and t-shirt.

Lavender let her eyes take in his physique. Dealing with dragons definitely helped him look good.

Charlie smiled at her as he unzipped her jeans.

She lifted her body, allowing him to slide them down.

"Lavender," Charlie said admiringly.

"I'm all yours," Lavender told him.

Charlie finished undressing before lying down beside her on the bed. He kissed her and pulled her close.

Lavender wrapped her arms around him. "Soon," she whispered in his ear.

"Now," Charlie whispered back.

"I'm ready for you," Lavender said.

Charlie kissed her hard, running his hands through her silky hair.

"Mmmm..." she arched against him.

Charlie groaned and lunged into her with one hard stroke.

"OH!" Lavender gasped.

Charlie looked down at her to make sure this was okay. He hadn't meant to be so rough, but he had wanted her so much.

"Don't wait," Lavender said breathlessly. She wrapped her legs around him to take him in deeper. "Please Charlie," she pleaded.

Charlie locked his gaze with hers as they began to move.

Her breathing grew heavy as he pushed inside her again and again.

"Lavender," Charlie called out her name. "Merlin---"

"More Charlie," she begged. "Please..."

She wrapped her legs tightly around him and took him in deeper. Charlie smiled lazily down at her when she called out his name.

"Oh," Lavender said. "Oh...."

He collapsed down onto her, nuzzling her neck. "Lavender..."

"That was incredible," Lavender was still breathing hard.

"Yes it was," Charlie said looking down at her. "Well worth the wait."

"You're worth everything," Lavender said, running her fingers through his hair.

Charlie kissed her. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," Lavender said as he moved to her side. "More than anyone else... ever."

"Come here," Charlie said and Lavender nestled into him.

"This is the most comfortable I've been in a long time," she said softly.

"No work and all play can do that for a person," Charlie joked.

"Then you need to visit more often." Lavender replied with a grin.

"I was thinking the same thing," Charlie said.

She closed her eyes. "Like.... every weekend."

"What about your training?" Charlie asked.

"I have Saturdays free," Lavender told him.

"Well," Charlie said thoughtfully. "I don't know about every weekend, but I'll come down as often as I can."

"I can live with that," Lavender said dreamily.

"I love you," Charlie said holding her close.

She pressed her lips to his. "Love you too."

"Even if I did once fancy a Slytherin?" Charlie asked.

"Well I went out with your brother," Lavender said coyly.

"Well I went out with your brother," Lavender said coyly.

Charlie grimaced. "Don't remind me."

"You're a much better boyfriend," Lavender assured him.

"Well," Charlie said with a lazy grin. "I am the most handsome of my brothers."

"I quite agree with that," Lavender ran her hand over his chest.

"And I think I have the best girlfriend," Charlie said.

"I quite agree with that too," she giggled.

Charlie closed his eyes. "And I'm absolutely knackered."

Lavender wasn't quite as tired, but she nodded. "A kip would be nice."

"Rest up for Round Two," Charlie said cheekily.

She laughed. "Oh you better believe it."

*** *** ***

Christmas morning, Hermione awoke feeling more satisfied than she had in a long time. The holiday so far had been wonderful, and she wondered if she'd ever be able to fall asleep without lying next to Harry again.

She studied him for a few more moments as he slept; a slight smile on her face.

A part of her missed being with her parents. This was the first Christmas she'd spent apart from them.

But looking at Harry, she knew it was worth it. Hermione loved him so much, and not having to worry about hiding was like a dream come true.

Harry opened his eyes and stared blearily up at her. "What are you doing awake?"

"It's Christmas morning," Hermione said, reaching for his glasses.

"You sound like a little kid," Harry said laughing as she handed them to him.

She poked his shoulder. "Very funny."

"Happy Christmas," Harry said pulling her close.

"You too," she said, giving him a kiss.

"So," Harry said. "Did you want to stay in here where it's nice and warm or do you want to go downstairs and see what Santa left you?"

"Tough call," Hermione joked.

"We could go downstairs and open presents and then we could come back up here," Harry said thoughtfully.

"I like that idea," Hermione kissed him again. "You are rather smart."

"I thought you were the brains behind our little outfit," Harry teased.

"I have to let you have your moments sometime," Hermione said, sliding out of his embrace and into her robe.

Harry was grinning as he reached for a sweatshirt. "Come on then, Miss Granger."

Together they went downstairs. Harry quickly made them some hot chocolate while she started a fire in the fireplace.

He set their mugs down on the coffee table. "So...ladies first."

"You pick one for me to open," Hermione said with a grin.

"How about this one?" Harry asked, handing her a small box.

Hermione took it and carefully pulled the paper off. Her breath caught in her throat as she saw the jewellery box.

"You know, the present is what's inside the box," Harry joked. "You have to open it."

Wordlessly, she cracked it open. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at the diamond and sapphire ring inside.

"Are those 'I like it' tears?" Harry asked. "Or 'how could you get me something so hideous' tears?"

"This is so beautiful, Harry." Hermione whispered.

"You really like it?" Harry asked touching her cheek.

"I love it," she lifted it from the box and saw there was a silver chain attached so she could wear it around her neck.

"I love you," Harry said softly.

"I love you too," she kissed him. "Put it on me?"

"Sure," Harry said grinning at her as he took the chain from her and put it around her neck. "Perfect."

"Just like us," she said softly.

Harry couldn't have agreed more. He watched as she gleefully hurried over to the mirror to get a look at the necklace.

"I only wish I could show this to everyone," Hermione said wistfully.

He came up behind and put his arms around her waist. "You will. It's just going to be awhile."

"I know," she said. "Come on, you open a gift now." she retrieved a box from under the tree.

"This one is big," Harry said taking it from her.

"Yes it is," Hermione replied. "Open up!"

Harry opened the package and he was speechless. It was a Muggle portrait of his parents.

"I took that photograph you have," Hermione told him. "And gave it to an artist friend."

"Wow," Harry stared at it, transfixed. "Hermione--"

"I was worried that you'd notice the photograph was gone," Hermione said. "I have it in my bag. I'll give it back to you."

"I thought I'd misplaced it," Harry said.

"Your mum was so beautiful," Hermione commented.

"You remind me of what she must have been," Harry said. "From what Lupin and... and Sirius told me."

"She was a bossy know-it-all bookworm, too?" Hermione asked.

"And my dad was a prankster who thought he knew it all," Harry said.

"He sounds like Ron," Hermione said.

"So what are you saying?" Harry poked her. "That you'd rather be here with Ron?"

"Eww, no," Hermione said scrunching up her nose.

Harry laughed. "Thank you." he gave her a kiss. "I'm going to hang it up in my flat."

"I'm so glad you like it," Hermione said.

"It's perfect," Harry said.

Hermione was just reaching for another present when she heard voices in the foyer.

"Happy Christmas, Harry!" Tonks called out.

"Oh fuck," Harry said, his eyes gone wide.

Hermione didn't have time to think so she Apparated upstairs.

"Happy Christmas!" Tonks said again as she and Lupin entered the room. "Remus owes me 10 galleons. He said you'd still be in bed."

"Oh uh... no, just opening some gifts," Harry said lamely. "What uh... what are you both doing here?"

"We didn't want you to spend the holiday alone!" Tonks exclaimed taking off her cloak. "Ooooh! You have a tree!"

"Of course he does, Nymphadora," Lupin helped her.

"We were at the Weasleys this morning," Tonks said. "We thought you were going to be there. Molly was beside herself thinking you were going to be alone."

"I'm fine," Harry said. "Just fine..."

"She was about to come over here herself, but we headed her off," Lupin said. "You know how she can be. She was about to pack up the entire family and bring the holiday to you."

Harry hoped Ron had managed to talk her out of that one. "Well... as you can see, things are great here."

"We come bearing presents," Tonks said happily.

Harry realised with dismay that they planned to stay awhile. "That's awfully nice of you," he said.

Tonks caught sight of the two mugs of hot chocolate. "Oh..."

"I just brought out two in case I wanted another right away," Harry lied. "I'm impatient like that."

"Uh-huh," Tonks said not believing that for a minute. "Your girlfriend is here, isn't she? The mystery woman..."

"There's no mystery woman here," Harry rolled his eyes.

"Nymphadora," Lupin warned. "Don't interrogate Harry. He's not on trial."

"But Remus--" she began.

"How about I get you both some coffee or hot chocolate?" Harry asked.

"Coffee would be great," Lupin replied.

"Hot chocolate for me," Tonks said.

Harry excused himself to get their drinks.

"Nymphadora," Lupin said in a quiet voice. "Don't push him."

"I just want to know who he's seeing," Tonks said. "We're his friends."

"And he'll tell us when he's ready," Lupin said giving her a kiss. "This is our first Christmas together."

"Yes it is," Tonks softened. "I'm so happy."

"Me too," Lupin said resting his forehead on hers. "The first of many."

"I told you I'd be good for you," Tonks put her arms around his neck. "I keep you young."

"Which is a good thing," Harry said coming back into the room. "Since he's so old."

Tonks laughed. "Not with me he isn't."

"Too much information," Harry said handing them mugs.

"Thanks," Lupin said. "So what are your plans for today? Any way we can convince you to come back to the Weasleys?"

"I'm just going to take it easy," Harry replied.

"We hate the thought of you being here by yourself," Tonks said.

"I'll be fine," Harry reassured her.

"You're sure?" Tonks pressed.

"Yes," Harry replied. "But I am glad you're here. I have gifts for you, too."

"That's awfully sweet of you, Harry." Tonks said with a huge grin.

"You are my friends," Harry said reaching under the tree.

"Don't mind my girlfriend," Lupin said. "She loves presents more than anything."

"Just a little," Tonks said eagerly.

"Just a lot," Lupin corrected.

"Very funny," Tonks said, taking an envelope from Harry. She opened it and squealed. "Weird Sisters tickets! Harry! These are front row!"

"Enjoy," Harry said with a grin.

Tonks gave him a hug. "You are the best!"

"You're next, old man." Harry said.

"Harry," Lupin said. "You shouldn't have."

"Tell me something I don't know," Harry said. "But you're my boss and I do sort of have to suck up..."

"Just a little," Lupin said unwrapping the present. "Harry..."

"That is your favourite book, isn't it?" Harry asked. "It's a first edition."

"Yes it is," Lupin held it up. "A Tale of Two Cities..."

"Which two cities?" Tonks asked curiously.

Lupin laughed. "Nymphadora. It's a classic by Charles Dickens."

"Who?" Tonks asked.

"One of Britain's greatest authors," Lupin said. "Don't worry. We don't have to have a lot in common. I don't know who the Weird Sisters are and you don't know who Charles Dickens is."

"Well you will know after this concert," Tonks waved the tickets.

"I can hardly wait," Lupin said with a slight groan.

"You'll love it," Tonks said. "I'll wear my hair pink, and we'll do something fun with yours too."

Harry stifled a laugh at the look on Lupin's face.

"Thanks Harry," Lupin said dryly.

"My pleasure," Harry said. "And just make sure you take photos, Tonks. I want to see what he'd look like."

"I'll take hundreds," Tonks promised.

Lupin set some additional presents down under the tree. "From the Weasleys."

Harry stole a glance to the upstairs. "That was nice of them..."

The look wasn't lost on Lupin. He had a feeling that Tonks was right. Harry obviously had someone staying here with him. But, Lupin wasn't going to push the issue. Whoever this woman was, she had been wonderful for Harry. Lupin couldn't remember the last time he'd seen his friend so happy.

"Nymphadora," he coughed. "Perhaps we should go... I'm sure Harry would like some time to... himself."

Tonks nodded. "You're right."

"I'm really glad you both stopped by," Harry said giving Tonks a hug.

"Tell your girlfriend I said Happy Christmas," Tonks whispered in his ear.

"Sod off," Harry returned.

"And a Happy Christmas to you too," Tonks said beaming at him.

"See you both soon," Harry replied.

"See you," Lupin said grabbing their cloaks. "Come on, Nymphadora."

"You know I really detest being called by that name--" the rest of Tonks's sentence was cut off as Harry closed the door.

Harry shook his head. "You can come out now."

Hermione stepped out from behind the wall. "That was a close one."

"I had no idea Remus knew how to get in here," Harry said. "I'm sorry."

"Its okay," Hermione reassured him. "I think it was nice that they wanted to stop by. They're really great friends."

"They are," Harry nodded, pulling her close.

"Are you hungry?" Hermione asked huskily.

"Mmmhmm," Harry murmured nuzzling her neck.

"For food?" she asked. "Or for me?"

"You tell me," Harry said, untying her robe.

"I think both," Hermione said coyly. "But more for me."

"You are quite perceptive," Harry whispered.

"I try," Hermione wrapped her arms around him.

"This is turning out to be my best Christmas ever," Harry replied with a grin.

"Mine too," she laughed as he picked her up.

"Your chariot, my lady," Harry said.

"Mmm... why don't you give me the ride of my life," Hermione nibbled at his ear.

Harry stopped on the steps, a lazy grin on his face. "Hermione..."

"Yes?" she asked softly.

"Do you have any idea what it does to me when you say things like that?" Harry asked. "On second thought, don't answer. You know exactly what you're doing."

"With you I do," Hermione said, pushing his hair back.

"I love you more than anything in this world," he said softly. "We've only been together a short time, but I just feel like this is just the beginning for us. I never---I never thought I'd feel this way."

"I didn't either," she told him. "Not for a long, long time. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Her words made him smile. It was what he wanted too, more than anything. But, he knew things wouldn't be easy.

"You know once everyone does find out, your name will be in all the papers," Harry said.

"I don't care," she said.

"You say that now," Harry said.

"I'll say that always," Hermione corrected.

"I never want you to regret this," Harry told her. "People are going---"

"What are they going to say?" Hermione asked. "Why would it matter to us? If we're happy, then that's ALL that matters."

Harry gave her a kiss that nearly took her breath away.

"Harry," she said dazedly when they pulled apart.

"I'm going to marry you," Harry said hurrying up the rest of the stairs.

She grinned. "Are you now?"

"When your training is through and we can be together," Harry said. "We're going to get married. I mean, if you say yes, of course..."

"What do you think I'm going to say?" Hermione asked. "Honestly, Harry."

"Things might change in two and a half years," Harry pointed out.

Hermione shook her head. "No way. This is the real thing Harry."

"Yes it is," Harry agreed, setting her down on the unmade bed.

"Now here's a good Christmas present," she said with a grin.

"Only the best for my girl," Harry said lying down beside her.

"I'm always your girl, Harry." she promised.

Harry propped himself up on his elbow and looked at her. "I love you."

"I love you too," she said, running her fingers through his hair again.

"I love this," Harry said. "Being with you like this. Not having to pretend that we're not more than what we are."

"I love it as well," Hermione said. "It's been such a relief."

"We will have quite the story to tell our grandchildren one day when they ask how we met," Harry said with a laugh. "I'll tell them about how Grandma picked me up in pub..."

Hermione laughed. "And how Grandpa took me home for sex?"

"And how the next day Grandma showed up in his class and he could barely concentrate on anything, but her," Harry continued.

"Same with her," Hermione said, inching closer. "Grandma could hardly take her eyes off Grandpa."

"We'll have to edit out the really juicy parts," Harry said reaching underneath her pyjama top.

"Those stay right here in this bed," Hermione agreed softly.

"And my office," Harry said with a grin. "And my flat...and that closet at the Ministry..."

"And the classroom," Hermione laughed.

"That one they'd never believe," Harry said chuckling.

"That was rather amazing," Hermione agreed.

"And reckless on our part," Harry reminded her. "But I guess that was part of the thrill, right? The idea that we could have been caught?"

"I suppose so," Hermione said, her forehead touching his. "But the more reckless we are, the more I worry about us being caught."

"Which is why you should probably not do what you did that day," Harry said softly. "I did try to resist, but you were really---"

"You did not try to resist," Hermione nudged him.

"I did too," Harry began laughing at the look on her face.

"As I recall," Hermione said. "All I was trying for was a kiss. You were the one who couldn't keep his hands off of me."

"Can you blame me?" Harry pushed her robe away.

Hermione shook her head. "No. Because I can't keep mine off of you, either."

"Then I guess it's a good thing we're in love," Harry rolled her on top of him.

"It's a great thing," Hermione corrected.

That was the last thing either of them said for quite some time.