Unofficial Portkey Archive

Teacher's Pet by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Teacher's Pet

Amynoelle and Heaven

H/Hr lovers- which are all of you, duh ;) Will really enjoy this chapter. It's almost entirely THEM! Please review and let us know what you think about the REAL soulmates!

Oblivious to what was going on at the Ministry, Harry and Hermione arrived back at his flat and Hermione kicked off her shoes. "I thought those shoes were going to be comfortable."

"You looked great in them," Harry said.

Hermione smiled. "Thank you, pirate."

"The gypsy and the pirate," Harry said with a grin. "What a match."

Hermione leaned back on the sofa and held up her feet. "Would you please massage them for me?"

"What's in it for me?" Harry asked licentiously.

"I just might give you a massage too," Hermione returned.

"It's a deal," Harry sat down and drew her feet into his lap.

Hermione sighed in contentment and closed her eyes.

Harry smiled as he looked up at her. "Lavender going to cover for you?"

"Yes," Hermione replied. "She said she would."

"I can tell you're glad we told her," Harry commented.

Hermione opened her eyes and looked at him. "I'm glad that she finally came around and is happy for us. It's nice having someone to talk to about it."

Harry nodded as he moved to her other foot.

"You have magic hands," Hermione said laughing.

"Parvati used to say the same thing," Harry said before he could catch himself.

Hermione opened her eyes again. "Um...."

"I'm sorry," Harry muttered.

"It's okay," Hermione said. "She was a big part of your life. You loved her. You don't have to feel bad for talking about her with me."

"I just feel differently for you," Harry told her. "I feel even more strongly for you than I did for her, which is crazy, because I haven't known you that long."

Hermione sat up and stared at him for a few moments. "You don't have to say that---"

"It's true," Harry said quietly.

Hermione didn't know the right response to this. She wasn't sure if he was telling her that just to appease her; that he was trying to reassure her that he wasn't thinking about his deceased girlfriend while he was with her.

"What is it?" Harry asked. "I put you on the spot again, didn't I? I didn't mean to--"

Hermione put her finger on his lips. "It's okay."

"I meant every word I just said," Harry caught her hand in his.

"Everything's been moving so fast for us," Hermione said thoughtfully.

"Is that a bad thing?" Harry asked with some trepidation.

Hermione shook her head. "No. I wouldn't change a thing because it brought us here where we are now."

Harry smiled at her. "I love you, Hermione."

Hermione looped her arms around his neck. "I love you."

Harry leaned in and kissed her. "I can't wait to wake up next to you in the morning," he said against her lips.

"And we have the whole night," Hermione whispered.

"I don't think I really want to sleep, after all." Harry said with a grin. "I don't want to waste a minute."

"We'll get some sleep....eventually," Hermione said grinning back at him.

Harry reached over and picked her up easily.

"Harry?" Hermione asked softly.

"Yeah?" he asked.

Hermione looked into his green eyes and felt tears welling up in hers. She'd only known him a couple of months and already he'd ingrained himself so much into her life. He was everything she always wanted. She'd never thought it was possible to be this happy.

"What's wrong?" Harry was concerned.

"You're just---you're just," Hermione said, cursing herself for turning into a blubbering idiot something she never wanted to do in front of him.

"Are you all right?" Harry asked, setting her back down.

Hermione gave a slight laugh. "I'm fine. Before when you said how you felt about me...I feel the same way."

Harry smiled at her. "I'm glad to hear that."

Hermione wiped at her eyes. "I'm sorry I turned into a leaking pipe."

"It's all right," Harry wiped another tear away with his thumb.

"It just got to me for a moment," Hermione said covering his hand with hers.

Harry leaned in and kissed her again, gently this time.

Hermione rested her head against his chest. She felt so safe with him.

"Come on," he said softly.

Hermione let him take her hand and lead her into the bedroom.

Harry closed the door behind them as he guided her to the bed. Outside, it had started to rain, and thunder rumbled as they lay down on the bed together.

Hermione took out her hoop earrings and set them on the bedside table. "What a night."

"You can say that again," Harry replied, pulling off his trousers.

"What a night," Hermione said moving over behind him and putting her arms around his neck.

"Very funny," Harry replied, tossing his bandanna into the corner.

Hermione unbuttoned his shirt, pressing herself against his back.

He smiled. "You sure aren't wasting any time."

"Time is precious," Hermione whispered pulling his shirt down and then tossing it on the floor.

Harry closed his eyes as Hermione kissed his neck, running her hands over his chest.

She noticed a couple of scars on his back that she'd never seen before. She brushed her lips across them.

"What are they?" she asked, touching them with her fingers as well.

"Shards of glass that I fell on during a battle," Harry replied.

"Oh," Hermione said quietly, running the tips of her fingers over them.

"Not too pretty, eh?" Harry asked turning his head to look at her.

"It doesn't matter," Hermione replied.

"You love me, scars and all?" Harry asked.

"I do," she answered, kissing one of them.

He hadn't just been talking about the visible scars and he had a feeling that she knew that.

"I love..." Hermione kissed his shoulder. "Everything about you, Harry Potter."

Harry turned around and pulled her into his arms. "I love everything about you, Hermione Granger."

Hermione smiled before kissing him.

He set about showing her how much he did love her as he lay down with her. They were taking big risks, but he knew in the end it would be worth it.

*** *** ***

Hermione received another letter from her parents, who she hadn't seen since starting her training. She was still upset with them for trying to push her into a career she didn't want, and for trying to get her to go out with James. She toyed with the idea of bringing Harry, but wasn't sure how her parents would react to that just yet.

She'd made plans to see them on her day off and she hoped that they'd be able to find some common ground.

"So you're really going to see your parents this time?" Lavender asked as Hermione got herself ready.

Hermione nodded. "Yes. It's the real thing this time."

"You don't seem too excited," the blonde commented. "I take it nothing's improved with them?"

Hermione thought that was the understatement of the year. Her parents were quite stubborn once they'd made up their minds. But, Hermione wasn't a little girl anymore who followed someone else's dream.

"Are you going to Harry's afterwards?" Lavender asked.

"Yes," Hermione replied. "He's cooking for me."

Lavender shook her head. "When did he get to be so domesticated?"

Hermione laughed. "I don't know. He's spoiling me."

"I'm glad you two are happy together," Lavender said sincerely.

"Thank you," Hermione said looking properly at her friend. "That really means a lot, Lavender."

"I just wanted him to find someone who cares about him for who he is," Lavender said. "And... he was happy with Parvati, but you've been good for him. I can tell."

Hermione smiled. "So what are you doing with your day off?"

"I wish I was able to see Charlie," Lavender said wistfully. "But he's got to work. So I thought I'd go into town with Eloise and go shopping. Justin asked her out on a proper date and she needs help finding something to wear."

"That's fantastic!" Hermione exclaimed.

"She is completely bonkers over him," Lavender giggled.

"I'd say the feeling was mutual," Hermione commented. Ever since the ball, Justin and Eloise had been virtually inseparable.

"I'm glad for them," Hermione said. "Eloise is a nice girl and its good Justin opened his eyes and saw how pretty she is."

"I couldn't agree more," Lavender said. "But you'd better get a move on. Didn't you say you were meeting your parents at three?"

"Yeah," Hermione said. "I'll see you later."

"Good luck," Lavender said.

"Thanks," Hermione said wryly before leaving.

Hermione arrived at her parents' home right at three as planned. She could smell her father's spaghetti and she remembered fondly all the times she'd helped him make it when she was a little girl. She dusted the soot off of her clothes and took a deep breath when she heard her mother's voice. "Hermione?"

"Hi Mum," Hermione answered, taking off her cloak.

"You look lovely sweetheart," Elinore Granger said stepping forward to give her daughter a hug.

"Thanks," Hermione hoped this would be a nice quiet day as opposed to the last time they had all been together.

"I'll just take your cloak," Elinore said. "Why don't you go on in the kitchen and say hello to your father?"

"Okay," Hermione replied, heading for the other room. "Hi Dad," she said upon entering. "It smells great in here."

"Hello, love," Robert said setting a basket of bread on the table.

"It's good to see you," Hermione realised she had missed her parents.

"We're glad to see you," Elinore said joining them in the kitchen. "You haven't written us back."

"I've been busy," Hermione replied. "Training really takes up a lot of my time. But I'll do better about writing to you."

"I remember my first year of dental school," Elinore said. "I don't think I ever had my nose out of a book."

Hermione smiled. "Some days, that's how I feel."

"Well, I hope you're hungry," Robert said. "Because dinner is ready."

"Starving," Hermione nodded.

Hermione was starting to think that maybe her parents had come around. She'd been in the house five minutes and not once had they mentioned their disdain for her choice of career.

"Would you like a glass of wine, sweetheart?" Elinore asked.

"That would be great, Mum," Hermione replied smiling at her.

"We have a great red we picked up the other day," Elinore poured all of them a glass.

Hermione took a sip. "It's really good, Mum."

"So Hermione," Robert said when they were all eating. "Tell us... tell us about what you've been up to."

Hermione told them a little about her training schedule and what her courses had been like. She told them about Lavender and what a great friend she'd become. "The highlight though was the trip to Romania. We were able to see real live dragons."

"We didn't know dragons existed," Elinore shared a look with her husband.

"Technically, you're not supposed to since you're Muggles," Hermione said. "But they are real and they're amazing."

"That sounds very dangerous," Elinore replied.

"It was a very controlled environment," Hermione reassured her. "The reservation we stayed at has very capable handlers and they made sure we were safe at all times."

Elinore nodded, but Hermione could still see the doubt in her eyes.

"How much time do you get off for the Christmas holidays?" Robert asked, changing the subject. "Your mother and I are thinking we'd book a skiing trip again. We haven't done that in years."

"Um..." Hermione said. "We get a few weeks off..."

"Fantastic," Robert said. "I'll meet with the travel agent tomorrow and sort out a place in St. Moritz for us."

Hermione didn't know what to say. She thought of the time she planned to spend in Paris with Harry, and did not want to give that time up.

"James' family goes there all the time," Elinore said with a grin in her daughter's direction.

Hermione pressed her lips together. "I haven't talked to James in awhile," she said carefully.

"I'm sure he understands," Elinore said. "You'll be able to catch up during the holidays."

"Mum," Hermione set her fork down. "I'm not interested in James. You know that. I've told you both that."

Elinore and Robert shared another look.

"What?" Hermione asked defensively.

"Nothing," Elinore said hastily. "So...if you're not interested in James, are you seeing someone else?"

"Sort of," Hermione hedged.

"Who is he?" Robert asked. "Tell us about him."

"Um, well, he's a wizard," Hermione replied. She took a piece of bread from the basket. "I always did love the way you made garlic bread, Dad."

"A wizard," Robert ignored her compliment and frowned.

Hermione put her fork down. "What?"

Robert shook his head. "I just haven't seen anything come of all this magic business, Hermione. And now you're coming home and telling us you're dating a wizard?"

"I'm a witch, Dad," Hermione argued, trying to keep her emotions in check.

"Your father and I just always thought you'd follow in our footsteps," Elinore tried to explain.

"I don't want to be a dentist, Mum," Hermione said. "I know you always felt that it was your calling, but it's just not mine."

"But you showed so much promise when you were younger," Elinore protested.

Robert leaned back in his chair. "You should be at University right now. We indulged you with Beauxbatons because you said it was what you wanted, but---"

"And I'm doing exactly what I want," Hermione argued.

"We should just stop talking about this and enjoy our meal," Elinore said quietly. "That's why we're here."

"Fine," Hermione said shortly.

Hermione listened as her parents told her stories about some of their most interesting patients. Well, she half-listened. She still couldn't believe the nerve of her father.

Yet she thought the meal would still go all right, until the doorbell rang as they were finishing up.

"Hermione, why don't you answer that?" Robert asked. "Your mother's going to help me with the dessert and coffee."

Hermione nodded and pushed her chair back, heading for the front door.

She opened the door and frowned when she saw who was on the other side. James and his parents were standing there. "James. Mr. and Mrs. McDonahue...what are you doing here?"

"Your parents invited us over for coffee," James explained. "We were hoping you'd be here, Hermione."

"It's lovely to see you, dear," Mrs. McDonahue said stepping inside.

Hermione forced a smile. "And you as well."

Hermione closed the door behind them and wondered why her parents had decided to ambush her again.

"We were hoping you'd arrive soon," Elinore came into the hall. "Robert just put on coffee."

James' parents followed Elinore into the kitchen.

"I'm glad you're here," James said to her. "I've missed you, Hermione."

Hermione wondered if he remembered what had happened the last time she'd seen him. "Um, we should probably go inside---"

James took her hand. "Hermione please-- I don't know why you won't open up to me."

Hermione pulled her hand away. "I'm seeing someone, James."

His face fell. "You are?"

Hermione nodded. The last thing she wanted to do was hurt his feelings, but she wanted to be honest.

"Since when?" James asked. "That bloke I saw you with at the pub? Is he the one?"

"Yes," Hermione replied. "My parents didn't know until tonight. I'm sorry if they misled you."

"Well..." James looked away, obviously disappointed.

"I'm really sorry," Hermione said gently, putting her hand on his arm.

"You won't even give me a chance?" he asked.

"You two lovebirds come on in the kitchen!" Elinore called out.

Hermione sucked in a breath.

"Right then," James said not looking at her as he breezed past her.

Hermione shook her head, wishing for the time to speed up so she could escape to Harry's.

With a heavy sigh, she too walked into the kitchen.

"Elinore was just telling us about St. Moritz," Mrs. McDonahue told her. "We cannot wait for Christmas. It's going to be just like old times."

"I'm not sure I'll be able to make it," Hermione said in a polite but detached tone. "I'd have to make sure my schedule allows it."

"You just said that you get time off," Robert said. "Hermione---Christmas is a time for family. We always spend it together."

"I'll see," Hermione said again, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Your parents told us that you're in some sort of law enforcement program," Mrs. McDonahue said conversationally. "How exciting!"

Hermione nodded. "It is. I've been learning quite a bit and it's kept me very busy."

"Busy with the wrong sort of people," James said angrily.

"What?" Elinore asked. "James?"

Hermione closed her eyes. "James--"

"She's apparently in the habit of picking up blokes in pubs," James said ignoring her. "I thought she had better judgment than that."

"My personal life is none of your business," Hermione stated coolly.

"It is ours," Robert said levelling his gaze at his daughter. "What is he talking about Hermione?"

"Nothing," Hermione glared at James.

"Do you remember in September when I came over here for dinner?" James asked. "And Hermione ran out---"

"What are you, a tattletale?" Hermione asked furiously.

"Hermione Jane," Elinore gasped.

"I'm sorry," Hermione apologised to Mr. and Mrs. McDonahue. "It was lovely seeing you again, but I have to go."

"Hermione," Elinore said. "What on earth has gotten into you?"

"Hermione, you aren't walking out this way," Robert stood up. "We are your parents and we deserve more respect than this."

"I'm not a little girl anymore!" Hermione retorted. "I am more than capable of making my own decisions, but you still think you can pull the strings!"

"Hermione!" Elinore exclaimed again.

"You're acting like a spoiled child," Robert said folding his arms. "We'd treat you like an adult if you acted like one."

Hermione couldn't believe he'd just said that. She had no response to that and she turned on her heel and stalked out of the house.

Tears blurred her eyes as she hurried along the pavement towards Harry's flat.

She couldn't remember ever feeling this upset or disappointed with her parents before. She'd actually thought that tonight would be a turning point for them!

Wiping her eyes, she knocked on Harry's door. She was early, but she was hoping he'd be home.

He didn't answer at first and she thought he wasn't home. A few moments later though, he answered the door, a towel around his waist and his hair wet from a shower. Hermione pushed past him into the flat. "You will never believe what happened!"

"Um... hello." Harry answered as he closed the door.

"Unbelievable!" Hermione exclaimed throwing her bag and cloak down on the sofa. "And it wasn't enough to belittle me alone! They had to invited James and his parents! If I had stayed longer, I think a vicar would have showed up to marry us on the spot!"

"Sweetheart," Harry said. "Why don't you relax and tell me what happened..."

Hermione stopped pacing and looked at him. "I'm---I'm sorry for just barging in here like this."

"It's okay," Harry pulled his towel tighter.

Hermione sat down. "I don't even know where to begin. I mean, it started out fine. They were really nice and it seemed like how it was before. And then my dad made some remark about how they indulged me by letting me go to Beauxbatons, but now it was time to think about my future or some rubbish like that!"

"So your parents still want you to become a dentist, aye?" Harry sat down next to her.

"Yes and apparently to become Mrs. McDonahue," Hermione said putting her head in her hands. "They invited James and his family without telling me. This was even after I told them I was sort of seeing someone."

"Sort of seeing someone?" Harry asked with amusement.

Hermione smiled for the first time in what seemed like forever. "Well, you know what I meant."

"I'm sorry," Harry squeezed her hand. "Maybe it would have helped if I had gone with you."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "They probably would have made you be James' best man."

"I wouldn't have let that happen," Harry tried to joke.

"Is it so hard to be supportive?" Hermione asked. "I mean, I'm good at what I do. I love feeling like that what I'm doing could help make a difference. They've never understood magic and I don't think they ever will. I've tried to get them to come around, but it goes in one ear and out the other."

Harry rubbed her shoulder sympathetically. "Perhaps it'll just take more time."

Hermione hugged him. "I'm sorry that I'm early. I just needed to see a friendly face."

"I don't mind," Harry buried his face in her hair.

"You're all wet," Hermione said laughing.

"You have good timing," Harry replied. "I just got out of the shower."

"Oh," Hermione said coyly. "I was just thinking that I might like to take a shower."

"Feel free," Harry answered. "I have extra towels in there--"

"I might want some company," Hermione said softly.

"Oh," Harry grinned. "Well... I don't think I scrubbed hard enough. So perhaps I should take another shower and join you."

"Suit yourself," Hermione said getting to her feet.

"Oh no," Harry scooped her up. "You're heading there in style..."

Hermione laughed. "I could get used to this."

"You should get used to it," Harry said with a grin.

Hermione pressed her lips to his.

They were still kissing when Harry carried her into his bathroom, which was still steamy from his previous shower.

He set her down and she kicked off her boots while Harry turned on the water.

Harry turned back to her as he loosened his towel. "You are way too overdressed right now."

Hermione slid out of her skirt and pulled her jumper over her head.

Harry gazed at her body; certain he'd never see anyone so beautiful in his life.

"You want to help me with this?" Hermione asked playing with the strap of her bra.

"You liked it when I did this last time," Harry waved his hand behind her back.

"I believe I said you were showing off," Hermione corrected.

"And it really turned you on," Harry said huskily.

"I never said it didn't," Hermione said kicking off her knickers. "Come on then..."

The water was hot as the two of them ducked under the spray.

Hermione laughed. "I can barely see you for the steam!"

"Let's fix that then," Harry pulled her against him.

Hermione kissed him, forgetting about her problems with her parents. Right now, nothing else mattered.

It didn't take them long to reach a heated level of passion. Harry pushed her against the tile wall as he pressed himself into her.

Hermione wrapped her arms around his neck. "Harry..."

"I love it when you say my name like that," he said in a raspy, strained voice.

Hermione put her face up to his ear. "Harry," she purred.

Harry felt his entire body stiffen at her seductive tone.

Hermione nuzzled his neck, revelling in the smell of him.

Her body slid up and down against the tiles as he pushed into her over and over.

"Yes," Hermione murmured.

Harry had no words at that moment. He loved every inch of this woman.

Hermione cried out his name and then collapsed against him.

Harry shuddered as he held onto her.

"Don't leave me yet," Hermione said trying to catch her breath.

Harry shook his head. "Never."

Hermione kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you too," Harry let his lips linger on hers. "So much."

"We'd better get out of here before we turn into wrinkled prunes," Hermione said looking up at him.

"I do have a meal for us," Harry turned off the water.

"What did you make?" Hermione asked as Harry pulled back the curtain.

"Your favourite," Harry answered, handing her a towel.

"You didn't," Hermione said wrapping the towel around her.

"I did," Harry said with a grin. "Thai."

Hermione grinned. "Pineapple rice and spring rolls?"

"Uh huh," Harry replied.

He came up behind her and put his arms on her waist. "So...you feel better now? Not so tense?"

"Not anymore," she said dreamily.

"Are you hungry now?" he asked her. "Did you eat at your parents?"

"I ate there," Hermione answered. "But I've worked up quite the appetite."

"Me too," Harry said. "Come on...let's get dressed."

"You mean you don't want to eat naked?" Hermione pretended to be shocked.

"I have no problem with it personally," Harry said nudging her.

"Might be sort of fun," Hermione replied saucily.

"I'm game if you are, Miss Granger," Harry said.

Hermione let her towel drop and smiled at him.

Harry wanted her all over again, but he decided not to act like a hormone crazed idiot.

"Come on," Hermione walked brazenly from the bathroom.

Harry followed her into the kitchen.

"I got some plum wine to go with our dinner," Harry told her, unable to tear his eyes off her.

"And for dessert?" Hermione asked.

"Banana won tons," Harry answered.

"And I imagine that Mr. and Mrs. McDonahue haven't been invited?" Hermione asked. "Or James?"

Harry smirked. "Not a chance. It's just us, Granger."

"Just how I like it," Hermione said sitting down at the small table.

Harry brought their plates over. "Dig in," he said. "I kept it warm."

"I love spring rolls," Hermione said happily.

"I'm glad I made extra," Harry joked as she piled three on her plate.

He set a glass of wine before her and then set about making his plate.

Hermione watched him, her eyes skipping up and down his body.

"Yes?" Harry asked offering her a lazy grin.

"I can't help but watch," she said, biting into a spring roll.

Harry sat down across from her. "Not bad if I do say so myself."

"More than not bad," Hermione said lustfully.

"I wish you could be here all the time," Harry said.

"Me too," Hermione replied softly.

"We'll have Christmas," Harry said. "Where do you want to go, Miss Granger?"

"I thought we decided on Paris," Hermione answered.

"The press will probably be camped out there," Harry said.

"Oh," Hermione frowned. "Well... I'm not sure then. What do you suggest?"

"You choose," Harry said reaching for her hand.

"Italy?" she tried. "Greece?"

"Greece," Harry said thoughtfully. "Hmmm...."

"The islands, perhaps?" Hermione suggested. "I hear the locale is quiet."

Harry grinned. "And you in a bikini..."

"You're seeing me in less right now," Hermione replied.

"I know," Harry said reaching over and grabbing a spring roll from her plate.

"Hey!" Hermione squealed. "Give it back!"

"I thought you were done," Harry said grinning at her.

"Yeah right!" Hermione reached for it.

Harry held it just out of her reach.

"Potter!" she exclaimed.

"You want it back?" Harry asked.

"Yes!" Hermione replied.

"Come and get it," Harry said.

Hermione raised herself off her chair but he pulled it back out of her reach. "Harry!"

"It is the last one," Harry said thoughtfully.

"And it was mine," Hermione replied.

"Yes," Harry said pretending to mull this over. "Was is the operative word."

"Harryyyyyyy," Hermione wheedled.

"Her-mio-nee," Harry said mimicking her tone.

She glared at him before standing up and stretching her body out.

Harry's eyes glassed over as he looked at her.

With a sexy smile, Hermione slid onto his lap, straddling him.

"You don't fight fair," Harry said.

"I know," Hermione said huskily.

Harry offered her the spring roll and Hermione took a bite. "Truce?"

"Maybe," Hermione licked her lips.

Harry fed her another bite.

Hermione took the rest of the roll and held it in her mouth. "Your turn..."

Harry leaned in and took a bite. "Mmm..."

"I'd like to taste you next," Hermione leaned in, flicking her tongue over his lips.

"Be my guest," Harry said tightening his arms around her.

"You are delicious," she purred, shifting against him.

He couldn't take it anymore and he pressed his lips to hers in a searing kiss.

"Mmmmm...." Hermione let out a soft moan.

He desperately needed to be inside her.

Hermione stared into his eyes as she ran her fingers through his thick, wild hair. "What are you thinking?"

"Can't you guess?" Harry asked huskily.

"If I'm right..." Hermione brushed her lips over his. "Then I am so ready for you right now."

With her arms still around his neck, she helped him find his way inside her.

"Mmmhmm..." Hermione closed her eyes. "That's it Harry..."

"Hermione," he whispered against her skin, trailing kisses down her neck and shoulder.

"Right here?" she asked breathlessly.

"Yes," Harry managed to say.

Her head fell back, and she gasped as Harry thrust up against her.

She was brazen and carefree and he was happy that she let him see her like this. He loved her more than he ever thought was possible.

She rode on top of him until she was breathless and they were both sweating.

"I'm knackered," Harry said.

"Me too," Hermione said, resting against him. "You tire me out."

"What would you say to getting some sleep?" Harry asked.

"As long as we can have dessert before I head back later," Hermione told him.

"I promise," Harry said, standing up with her still in his arms. He gingerly carried her back to the bedroom.

"Thank you," she kissed his cheek.

"For what?" he asked.

"For turning this night into an amazing one." she replied.

He set her down on the bed. "That's what I'm here for."

"You're here for more than that." Hermione pulled him down next to her.

"I love you," Harry said kissing her tenderly.

"I love you too," Hermione replied. "More than anything else."

Harry pulled the covers up around them and Hermione cuddled up beside him.

"A few hours of sleep will be good," she yawned.

Harry closed his eyes, wishing that they could stay here just like this and not worry about anything else.