Unofficial Portkey Archive

Teacher's Pet by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Teacher's Pet

Amynoelle and Heaven

We're so glad you guys enjoyed this story! Thank you so much to all of you that reviewed! Enjoy this last chapter!

"This has to be the most perfect day for a party," Lavender threw her arms around Charlie. "I'm finished with training; all our friends are coming over for a party, and most importantly--"

"We're engaged," Charlie said with a grin. "That's the best part."

"I was beginning to think you weren't going to ever ask me," Lavender teased.

"Had to wait for the right time," Charlie rested his forehead on hers. "It wasn't right when I only saw you on weekends. Besides, if I'd asked you before you finished training, you'd have never come in second in the class."

Lavender beamed at him. "Can you believe that? Me...Second?"

"Of course I can believe it," Charlie whirled her around. "Brains and beauty. That's my girl."

Lavender laughed. "I'm so happy, Charlie Weasley!"

"I am too," he said, giving her a hungry kiss. "I've got everything I want."

"Ronald!" Molly's voice echoed throughout the house. "Get out of this kitchen this instant! Those biscuits aren't for you! They're for the party!"

Charlie laughed. "Ron's on the prowl."

"Some things never change," Lavender laughed. "Come on. I should really help your mother."

"Promise me we can sneak back up here later," Charlie sneaked one more kiss.

"Absolutely," Lavender said taking his hand and leading him out of the room. They ran into Luna on the way downstairs.

"Congratulations!" the blonde said. "I was just coming to find you two!"

"Thanks," Charlie said hugging his sister-in-law. Ron and Luna had married the day after she graduated from Hogwarts.

"And where are Marcus and Helena?" Lavender asked about Ron and Luna's two children.

"I just put the baby down for her kip," Luna said. "And Marcus is supposed to be with Ron."

"We heard Molly shooing Ron out of the kitchen," Lavender said.

Luna shook her head. "I told him not to go in there!"

"Too late," Charlie grinned as the three of them headed downstairs.

There was a knock on the door and Lavender volunteered to answer it. She grinned when she saw her best friend and Harry standing on the other side of the door.

"Hi you two!" Lavender squealed.

"Congratulations!" Hermione exclaimed, giving her a hug.

"Thanks!" Lavender showed her friend her ring.

"He has excellent taste," Hermione said admiring it.

"Congrats to you, Lav." Harry said. "Second in your class- I'm impressed!"

"I owe it all to your wife," Lavender said. "She helped me even when she was busy dealing with you."

Hermione laughed. "It's a good thing I can multi task."

Lavender ushered them inside where they exchanged hellos with Luna and Charlie.

Ginny appeared with a tray of champagne. "Everyone take a glass."

Everyone, save for Hermione, did so.

"I'm actually more in the mood for pumpkin juice," Hermione said.

"Oh," Ginny said. "Okay---I'll go and get you a glass."

"Thanks," Hermione replied, not looking over at Harry. She didn't want to break her news until the right moment.

"Uncle Harry!" a red-haired boy ran at him at full speed.

Harry laughed. "Hey Marcus!"

"Daddy in trouble," Marcus told him.

"Why's that?" Harry asked. "Did he steal from the kitchen again?"

"Right now, he's getting lectured by Mum," Ginny said coming back into the room with Hermione's juice. "Every single time she turns her back, he tries to nick a biscuit."

"You'd think he'd learn, sooner or later," Harry shook his head.

"Hermione, you look a little pale," Luna commented. "Have you been ill?"

"No," Hermione said. "Just... working a lot lately. Haven't gotten a lot of sleep."

"I can certainly relate to that," Luna said.

Ron appeared in the room with Molly trailing behind him, looking sheepish.

"I was going to give one to Helena, Mum," Ron was saying to her.

"She can't eat biscuits yet!" Molly swatted his arm.

"Give it up, Ron," Charlie said slapping his brother on the back.

Marcus reached for his father. "Daddy!"

"Come here you," Ron said picking up his son. "You left me alone with Nana."

Marcus laughed. "Uncle Harry's here!"

"I see that," Ron said. "And Aunt Hermy."

Hermione made a face. "Ronald, you know I detest that name."

"That's what Marcus calls you because you're name is really hard to say," Ron reminded her. "Hermy."

"Attention!" Ginny cleared her throat. "Neville wants to make a toast!"

Neville raised his glass. "I just wanted to say congratulations to Charlie and Lavender. They'd been together for a long time. Ginny and I wish them all the happiness in the world! Congratulations!"

"Hear, hear," Harry agreed, raising his own glass while sliding his free arm around his wife.

"Wait until you see the little booties that I knitted for Helena," Molly told them. "Speaking of which, when are you going to give me another grandchild to spoil?"

Harry laughed. "We're going to wait awhile, Molly. We're enjoying being on our own right now."

Hermione smiled weakly at Harry's comment. She had just discovered the day before about her own pregnancy and hoped he would be as thrilled as she was.

"You both work too hard," Molly chastised them.

"We're looking forward to some time to relax," Harry said. "A week or so now that I'm done training this lot."

Hermione looked over at Justin, Eloise and Lavender who were talking animatedly. "I'm so proud of them," Hermione said. "They've went through quite a bit to get where they are."

Harry nodded. "This last session was pretty brutal," he said.

"I'm sure it helped prepare Lavender to be a member of this family," Molly said with a grin. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I just need to check on something in the kitchen."

"I'll help--" Ron began.

"You'll do no such thing," Molly said shooting him a warning look.

"Just to help," Ron almost pleaded.

"Everyone is here," Charlie pointed out. "Let him have one, Mum."

"I'll write about it in my column," Ron said appealingly.

"Just one," Molly said holding up her finger. "One, Ronald."

"You're the best," Ron cast a grateful look at Charlie.

Hermione stood back up. "I think I need some fresh air."

"Are you all right?" Harry asked. "I'll go with you."

Hermione took his hand and followed him out to the backyard. It was chilly out, but the cool air felt good on her face. "It was quite warm in there," Hermione said softly.

Harry brushed her hair back. "You're sort of pale."

"There's something I need to tell you," Hermione said pressing her cheek into his palm.

"What's that?" Harry asked softly.

"Well, I've not been feeling well lately," Hermione began.

"I've noticed," Harry replied.

"So, I went to St. Mungos," Hermione said, getting emotional just thinking about it. She wiped at her eyes.

Harry's eyebrows knit together. "Hermione, what's wrong?"

"I'm---I'm---," Hermione tried to say in between sobs.

"Hermione!" Harry grabbed both of her arms.

"We're going to have a baby," Hermione whispered.

For a moment, Harry was speechless. "What?" he finally uttered.

"A b-baby," Hermione stammered, trying to gauge his reaction. "I'm a couple of months along."

"A baby?" Harry repeated, still staring at her in shock.

Hermione nodded. "I was just as shocked as you were when they told me."

When he still didn't say anything, Hermione sat down at the picnic table. "I know you just told Molly that we were happy on our own, but---"

Harry suddenly laughed. "I can't believe it!"

Hermione looked at him. "You are happy, aren't you?"

"I'm thrilled," Harry said, pulling her to him.

Hermione hugged him tightly. "Really?"

"Absolutely," Harry said, resting his forehead on hers.

"In another few weeks, we'll know what we're having," Hermione told him.

"You want to find out?" Harry asked.

"Do you?" Hermione asked.

Harry nodded. "I hope it's a little girl that's as beautiful as her mum."

Hermione took his hand and placed it on her still flat stomach.

"Our baby is in there," Harry said in amazement.

Hermione smiled. "Can you believe it?"

"No," Harry swung her around gently. "But I'm so excited Hermione. I want to go to every appointment with you."

"I would have had you come with me to the first one, but I honestly thought it was just a flu bug," Hermione said. "You could have knocked me over with a feather when she told me."

Harry laughed. "Come on," he said. "Let's go spread the good news."

Hermione shook her head. "This is Lavender's day, Harry. I don't want to take it away from her."

"You're right," Harry nodded. "Tomorrow then!"

"Absolutely," Hermione said giving him a lingering kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too," Harry said running his hand through her hair. "Forever and ever."

Hermione smiled up at him. "Someday, we'll tell him or her about how we met."

"When you were the teacher's pet?" Harry joked.

"Okay, okay," Hermione laughed. "We might have to leave out a few things..."

"Like that first night," Harry said mischievously.

Hermione blushed. "Yeah..."

"I didn't know it then, but that was the best night of my life." Harry told her.

"It changed everything," Hermione said smiling at him. "For both of us."

Harry gave her another kiss. "It's chilly out here. Let's get you back inside."

Hermione linked her arm with his. "Okay."

"Hungry?" Harry asked her when they went back inside.

Hermione nodded. "Very much so."

"Since you're eating for two..." Harry finished.

Hermione grinned. "Yes, I am and we would like something chocolate."

Harry laughed. "Your wish is my command."

Harry went into the kitchen to fix his wife a plate and try as he might, he couldn't stop grinning. He was going to be a father.

Ron was in there, sneaking another biscuit. "What's up with you?"

"Not a thing, mate," Harry said in an almost sing-song tone. "Not a thing." He grabbed a plate.

Ron cast him a quizzical look. "You didn't just shag in my backyard, did you?"

Harry laughed. "No, not this time."

Ron shook his head. "Gross, mate."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Ron, do you really think Hermione and I would shag in the backyard?"

"With you two?" Ron asked. "Who knows?"

"Very funny," Harry said, loading up the plate with biscuits, cake and other treats.

Ron watched in awe. "Hungry?"

"Yup," Harry answered.

"I'm going to go and check on Helena," Ron said. "It's about time she woke up and partied."

"I want to hold her," Harry said, thinking he could get in a little practise. "Show her what a good looking bloke is like."

"Be my guest," Ron said. "She's a little cranky when she first wakes up though."

"I'll take my chances," Harry replied, heading back with the plate.

Hermione gratefully took the plate from him. "This looks so good."

"Eat up," Harry said. "Ron was already in there."

"And you still managed to get me a plate?" Hermione asked with a grin. "I'm impressed."

"I had to work quickly," Harry said. "And Ron's bringing bringing Helena in here. Thought we could practise."

"Unbeknownst to everyone," Hermione said smiling up at him.

"Right," Harry gave her another kiss.

Ron came downstairs with the baby a few moments later.

"There's the little angel," Molly said grinning.

"Thank you," Ron said grinning back at her. "And I have the baby, too."

"Very funny, Ronald." Luna said, taking their daughter in her arms.

Ginny looked over Luna's shoulder at the baby. "Hey, little one."

"There's my little niece to be!" Lavender crowed.

"And don't forget our little ring bearer," Charlie said mussing Marcus' hair.

"I don't want to wear dress robes," Marcus scowled.

"What do you want to wear then?" Charlie asked.

"A dragon suit," Marcus answered.

"A dragon suit?" Charlie asked. "You know, that's what I wanted to wear, too. But, the blonde one there...she turned me down flat."

Marcus shook her head. "I don't listen to girls."

"I'm a girl," Luna pointed out. "And you do listen to me."

"Cause you're mummy," Marcus answered. "And Daddy says you're the most smartest woman in the world."

Luna grinned. "Your daddy is right."

Harry smiled when Luna brought the baby over. "There she is."

"Do you want to sit with Uncle Harry, Helena?" Luna asked. "Hmm?"

"Of course she does," Harry took her eagerly.

Hermione felt herself tearing up as she watched her husband hold the baby.

"This is going to be us," he whispered to his wife.

Hermione wiped at her eyes.

Helena wrapped her hand around Harry's finger and gave him a gummy smile.

Harry laughed. "She has Luna's smile."

"She does," Hermione agreed.

"I hope ours has your smile," Harry said softly.

Hermione rested her head on Harry's shoulder. "And your eyes."

"I like your eyes," Harry said.

Across the room, Luna curiously watched her two friends.

"There's something going on with them," she said to Lavender.

"You think?" Lavender asked.

"Harry was insistent on holding Helena," Luna answered. "And look at Hermione."

"She's---crying," Lavender said. "Is she okay?"

"I hope so," Lavender said worriedly.

Luna watched her friend and suddenly it dawned on her. She'd been that way when she was pregnant with Marcus.

"What is it?" Lavender asked noticing her expression.

"Nothing," Luna said hastily. She had a feeling she knew why Hermione hadn't said anything to anyone yet.

Lavender was about to say something else when Charlie put his arms around her from behind.

"So, we're still a no-go on the dragon suit?" Charlie asked nuzzling her neck.

"Absolutely not," Lavender said.

"Nothing I can do to change your mind?" Charlie asked.

"Not for the wedding," Lavender turned to face him. "But for me... later..."

"Ooooh," Charlie said huskily. "I like that."

"I like it too," Lavender gave him a kiss.

"So have you two set a date yet?" Eloise asked.

"Spring of next year," Lavender said. "Gives me time to plan everything."

"We'll have to work hard to degnome the garden in time for the ceremony," Arthur said to Molly.

"I'll help with that," Ron said. "So will Marcus. He loves it."

"We'll help too," Lavender chimed in.

"Nonsense," Molly said. "It's for your wedding and you won't lift a finger."

"Mrs. Weasley, I really don't mind," Lavender insisted.

"Come on Mum," Charlie said dramatically. "There's nothing more fun than throwing those little things a league or two away."

"And it's not as if Fred and George would help," Ron said.

"Hey!" the twins in question protested from across the room.

"You'll be too busy trying to pull some prank," Ron said. "And you know it. I'm still trying to recover from the fact that had it not been for Bill's quick thinking, I'd have gotten married with a purple beard and blue hair thanks to you two wankers."

Fred laughed. "I'd forgotten about that."

"I hadn't," Ron glared at him.

George guffawed. "You'd have looked better with green hair."

"I think so too," Luna said dreamily.

Ron shook his head. "You two are mental."

"I love you any way you are," Luna said giving him a kiss.

"Love you too," Ron smiled at her.

Lavender took Charlie's hand and led him to the front of the room. "I wanted to say a few words. I'm---I'm an only child. I never had brothers or sisters growing up. I'll be honest that I was a little overwhelmed when I first met all of you."

"Because you're a crazy lot," Charlie joked.

Lavender nudged him. "He's right, but you're also very loving and loyal and you make everyone feel at home. I just want to say how honoured I am to be a part of your family."

"We're so happy to have you," Molly gave the young woman a hug.

"I know I haven't always been very nice to you," Ginny said. "But it will be nice having another sister-in-law. One that I can actually understand. I mean Phlegm is nice, but---"

"How old are you?" Ron asked his sister.

"Shut up Ronald," Ginny stuck her tongue out.

"Fleur's just a little high maintenance is all," Ron said in her defence.

"Way too high for me," Ginny mumbled.

"Takes one to know one," Ron said under his breath.

Ginny glared at him.

"Come on, Gin," Harry said. "You are."

"I most certainly am not!" Ginny answered haughtily.

"How many times do you brush your hair before you go bed?" George asked her. "100 on each side, was it?"

"Two hundred," Neville answered.

"Nev!" Ginny exclaimed.

"It's true," Neville shrugged and grinned at her.

"I read it in Witch Weekly a long time ago," Ginny said defensively. "It makes your hair nice and shiny."

"Sure does," Neville ran his hand over her strands.

Ginny grinned. "Thanks, Neville."

Ron made a face. "Moving on..."

"Yes," Ginny said. "The important thing is that I'm getting a new sister."

Lavender smiled. "Thanks Ginny."

"And if anyone bothers Charlie, Lav can kick their arse," George said.

Lavender laughed. "Starting with you two?" she joked.

"We don't bother Charlie," Fred said. "We have Ickle Ronniekins for that."

"Yeah, great." Ron glared at them.

"You made us what we are today," Fred said putting his arm around his brother. "Had it not been for you serving as our guinea pig, we wouldn't have had half the products we came up with. We owe it all to you, Ron."

"Then cut me in on it," Ron answered. "I'm the only one aside from Bill with any kids."

"Uncle Harry has one," Marcus said.

"What?" the entire room turned to him.

"Uncle Harry and Aunt Hermy have one," Marcus said innocently.

Hermione turned bright red as Lavender gasped. "Hermione!"

"I-I just found out," Hermione stammered. "I was going to tell you, but today was your day. I didn't want to take away from that."

Lavender threw her arms around her best friend. "This is wonderful, Hermione! I'm so excited!"

Molly was too busy crying tears of joy to say much of anything.

"That's what you were so happy about?" Ron asked Harry.

"Yeah," Harry said sheepishly. "Sorry mate. We just didn't want to steal the spotlight."

"I hope you have a little girl!" Lavender squealed. "We can dress her in these cute little outfits!"

Hermione laughed. "Because that's what's most important, right?"

"We might just have the next Quidditch World Cup star player in there," Harry said looking down at Hermione's tummy.

"How did you find out about this?" Ron asked his son.

"They were talking about it," Marcus said sweetly. "With Helena...practising."

"You shouldn't listen in on people's conversations," Luna lectured gently.

"I'm sorry, Mummy," Marcus said cuddling up beside her on the sofa.

Luna kissed the top of his head. "You're still my good boy."

Marcus put his arm around her. "You're the bestest mummy."

Luna smiled. "And you're the bestest son, you know that?"

Marcus smiled, looking every bit like his father when he was that age.

"How far along are you?" Lavender asked eagerly.

"A few months," Hermione said. "We can find out next week what the sex is."

"I'm so happy for you both," Lavender said. "This really is a celebration for Charlie and me and for you guys!"

"It's your and Charlie's day," Hermione shook her head.

"I don't mind sharing the spotlight," Lavender reassured her.

"Yes you do," Harry teased.

"Ha-ha," Lavender said. "You're lucky you're holding a baby. I'd hit you upside the head."

"Another grandchild for me to spoil," Molly wiped her eyes. "This is just wonderful."

Harry smiled at her. "You spoil a grandchild? Never..."

Hermione smiled happily as Harry passed Helena over to her.

"If you and Hermione really want practise, Luna and I are always looking for babysitters," Ron told his friend.

"That's a good idea," Hermione said to her husband.

"We don't pay very well," Ron warned them. "And no funny business while we're gone either."

"Sure Ron," Harry winked at Marcus. "Whatever you say."

Lavender smiled at her friend. "This is such great news. I'm getting married. You and Harry are having a baby."

"Things have really come around, haven't they?" Hermione asked.

"For the best," Lavender agreed. "For the absolute best."

"I don't think it could get much better than this," Hermione continued.

"Wait until you're holding your own baby in your arms," Lavender said.

"I can't wait," Hermione said with a grin.

As the party continued, Harry and Hermione sat close together on the sofa watching their friends and family. Hermione rested her head on his shoulder.

"This has been a great day," Harry said to her.

"Yes it has," Hermione said softly.

"Even better knowing that by this time next year we'll have our own baby." Harry smiled.

"And getting little to no sleep," Hermione said with a grin.

"And those strange cravings you're bound to have," Harry nodded.

"And the bad things I'll say when I'm in labour about you," Hermione said. "About you never touching me ever again..."

"Like that'll ever happen," Harry answered.

Hermione nudged him. "And that big old ego of yours..."

"You love it," Harry nudged her back.

"Most of the time," Hermione said laughing.

"I love you," Harry nuzzled her ear.

"I love you, too," Hermione said. "You've made me so happy."

"That goes double for me," Harry replied.

"We'll have to pick a room in the house for the nursery," Hermione said. "Dobby will go overboard as usual..."

"Only because he loves you to death," Harry said.

"I love him too," Hermione said. "He's going to be over the moon about this."

"Almost as much as me." Harry told her.

"Almost," Hermione agreed.

"Let's duck out a little early so we can go tell your parents," Harry suggested.

"And then go home and have our own little celebration," Hermione said smiling at him.

"I like that idea best of all," Harry kissed her again.