Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 10: Temperamental Rose

"Dad, can we go yet?" Lillian asked, heading towards her father's arms.

"What's the rush, Lillian? We'll get your supplies for Hogwarts. You've still got until September 1st," Harry said to his daughter, Lillian.

"Daddy! Please let's go today! Besides, Rose went earlier today, so why can't I?" Lillian asked.

"She what?" Hermione asked, now entering the room.

"Whoops," Lillian said.

Rose was now 15 years old and full into her rebellious stage. She was a lot like James, her grandfather. She snuck out of the house just about every time she got the chance to. Sirius was the one who influenced her in that area. He had left behind letters for her when she needed them. Once in a while, he'd appear to her ( not letting any of the others knowing this little fact ), and teach her these mischievous little tricks, that were once used by the Marauders themselves.

Harry and Hermione had noticed her rebellious stage, and quite honestly, they suspected that she was meeting somebody but they weren't for sure. She hardly ever would see them except for meals, of course.

"When did she go Lillian?" Harry asked.

"Umm…" Lillian managed to get out of her mouth before she fell silent.

"Lillian Marie Potter, where is your sister?" Hermione said sternly.

"In Diagon Alley," Lillian said, giving into her mother's demands.

"We already established that," Harry said, "When did she go?"

"Right after breakfast this morning," Lillian said, "You and Mum were with James in the garden when she disappeared. She said she'd be back in time for lunch but as you can see it's already past lunch time and nearly time for dinner."

Harry silently cursed under his breath but Hermione heard it and said telepathically, "Harry! Don't talk like that to where they can hear you!"

Harry answered, "Sorry Mione' But what are we going to do about Rose? She's got to be with somebody. Should we question her about it?"

"No, well, I don't know. Let's just wait until she gets back to start asking questions," Hermione answered.

"Mum? Would you two for once start speaking out loud and not telepathically?" Lillian interrupted, cluing them that she could do that too.

"Lillian, do you realize what you just did?" Harry asked telepathically.

"Yes, I spoke telepathically. I've been doing that with Aunt Sarah and Aunt Nicole for about a year now," Lillian answered.

"Should have known they'd intervene," Harry said.

"You know we would have. Just because we're in ghost form and also 16 years old doesn't mean that we can't teach her, her telepathic skills," Sarah argued with Harry, and appearing before him too.

"Sarah! You know you're not supposed to apparate out of Hogwarts! Mum would be furious if she found out," Harry said, out loud now.

Dumbledore allowed Sarah and Nicole their education at Hogwarts, they were quite known for their ghost-like form. They were like the form of Moaning Myrtle, except they weren't. Although, what the other students didn't know was that they too, were learning their magical abilities. Although, they had a bit more freedom about what they could do than the other students but they were ghosts, literally so they could move about whenever and wherever they pleased.

"Harry, what happened to your sense of adventure? Don't tell me you, Ron, and Hermione didn't sneak out of the castle when you were there," Sarah said.

"We never went outside of the Hogwarts grounds, except for when we got married but that's another story," Hermione said.

"Maybe you didn't but they sure did," Sarah said, "And besides, dear brother of mine, get your brain straight. It's not even September yet. It's only August right now. So you can't get me in trouble for apparating away from Hogwarts if I wasn't even there."

"How would you know that?" Harry asked.

"Oh please Harry, I know you have Dad's invisibility cloak," Sarah said and then added, "I've heard stories from Sirius too. So don't try to play innocent with me."

"You know too much for your own good you know?" Harry stated.

"I think I'm just fine the way I am thank-you," Sarah said.

"Humph! Just keep thinking that dear sister," Harry said.

"Fine be that way you ignorant stubborn git!" Sarah said as she then apparated out.

"And don't be too hard on Rose when she gets home!" Sarah said telepathically to where all three of them could hear.

Rose then entered the room to see 3 pairs of eyes staring at her.

"Where have you been young lady?" Hermione asked, wanting answers right away.

"If you already know the answer to that Mum then why are you even asking it?" Rose shot back.

"Rose Lillian," Harry said boldly, "don't be rude to your mother."

"Good point sis," Lillian said.

"Lillian stay out of this," Hermione said.

"Yes Mum," Lillian said as she then headed out of the room and called out to Rose, "Good luck sis!"

"Now, Rose why did you go off like you did this morning? You're right, no need to ask questions we already know the answers to, which brings the subject up, how did you know that we knew the answers to already?" Harry asked.

"You think Lillian is the only one that has telepathic skills in this family? I've had them ever since I turned 10," Rose said.

"Ok, well answer our first question then," Harry said telepathically to her.

"I had to meet with somebody," Rose said, giving into their demands, also telepathically.

"Who?" Hermione asked.

"I'm not telling you," Rose said and then stormed out of the room.