Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 20: Christmas Tears, Pt.2

Ginny was tired of this. It had only been three days since she had invited Rose and John to stay with her during Christmas. Now it seemed all they did together, besides with her during meals or such, was to kiss. There wasn't a time when she would walk into a room and find them either on a bed or a chair or a couch, and they would be playing tonsil hockey.

Before she could go over to pull those two out of the kiss to give them her share piece of mind, Adrian's owl came in through the window. At least his bird, like Errol, the ole' famous Weasley bird, didn't fly smack into the window, fall to the ground and take a good five minutes to fly back up to the window and through.

Ginny took the letter from the bird, gave it a few scraps from the morning's breakfast, and then sat down in the chair in the kitchen and opened the letter from her son.

Dear Mother,

I hope you are alright. Yes, I know that you are missing. I knew it since when you first left. You did leave a few hints. Not in writing, but in the way you spoke to me. I didn't mind, but I've got to know Mother, why? Why did you leave us? Father has to hold Caitlyn every night while she cries herself to sleep. Not to mention, LeAnn and Nicole miss you terribly. I keep getting owls from them, asking me where you are and when you're going to be back. Why did you leave Father? He's beside himself right now as I write to you. I've kept an eye on him, he doesn't know it, but I have. He looks pitiful. He blames himself for you being away. He thinks he did something to cause this. I understand you two had a little bit of an argument that morning. Mother, why?

Love always your son,

Adrian

He thought it was his fault? Ginny thought.

Before Ginny could get up and get a piece of parchment and ink and quill to reply, she spied another letter in the envelope.

She opened it and read.

My Dearest Ginny,

My dear Ginny, wherever you are, I want you to know that I love you and that I hope you forgive me for whatever I did to cause you to disappear from my sight. I love you Ginny, please come home. I can't seem to get over it that you're with child and coming so close to the big day and not to mention Christmas, and yet I can't be with you. You're my other half of my soul. I need you Ginny. Please come home. I love you.

Love,

Draco

They all thought I left them on purpose? Just because some argument with Draco? Ginny thought.

Ginny went back to her room and instantly got another port key, along with parchment, ink, and a quill. She sat back down at the kitchen table and began to write.

Draco,

I love you sweetie. I didn't leave because of you. I can't tell you where I am, I can only give you something that will lead you to me. It is not a matter of why I left so suddenly without warning; it's a matter of whom. Please come.

Love,

Ginny

About half an hour later, Ginny was laying on her bed taking a nap when she heard voices down the hallway. She recognized one of the voices being Rose and John and then the other was Draco. Then the voices stopped. She heard footsteps coming closer to her door.

The door opened and in came Draco.

"Draco!" Ginny shouted as she went into his arms.

"Ginny, why did you leave?" Draco asked, holding onto his wife.

A tear came to her eye as the thought of why she left came to mind.

"Ginny," Draco said, drying the tear with his finger. "Did I do something to upset you so bad that day you left that you have to cry?"

"Draco," Ginny said. "You weren't the reason I left."

"Then what is it Gin?" Draco asked.

"Ten minutes after you left the Manor after our argument, your mother showed up. She corned me and started to speak in another language. I knew partially what she was saying but then she got out her wand and was about to kill the baby, kill me. I fled away. I left to protect the baby. She is an elemental after all," Ginny said, still snuggling next to Draco's chest.

"How do you know it's a girl?" Draco asked.

"Last night, I received a dream from her. She reassured me I'd be alright. And that your mother couldn't kill the baby, since she's one of the most powerful Elementals that's going to be born. I didn't know that then when she did try to kill me other wise I'd still be with you at the Manor," Ginny said.

"I'm glad you're ok and I'm just glad to have you back in my arms," Draco said as he looked into her eyes, leaned down and kissed her.