Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Section 6: Fighting for Jade's Heart

song: I Want to Live, by Josh Gracin

Sometimes I feel like I need to shake myself, to wake myself:

I feel like I'm just sleep walkin' through out life.

It's like I'm swimmin' in an ocean of emotion,

But still, somehow, slowly goin' numb inside.

I don't like who I'm becomin', I know I've gotta do somethin',

Before my life passes right by.

I want to cry like the rain, cry like the rain,

An' shine like the sun on a beautiful mornin'.

Sing to the heavens like a church bell ringin',

Fight with the devil an' go down swingin'.

Fly like a bird, roll like a stone,

Love like I ain't afraid to be alone.

Take everything that this world has to give:

I wanna live.

Sometimes I wonder why I work so hard to guard my heart.

Well, I hardly feel anything at all.

I've spent my whole life buildin' up this ivory tower.

Now that I'm in it, I keep wishin' it would fall.

So I can feel the ground beneath me, really taste this air I'm breathin',

And know that I'm alive.

I want to cry like the rain, cry like the rain,

An' shine like the sun on a beautiful mornin'.

Sing to the heavens like a church bell ringin',

Fight with the devil an' go down swingin'.

Fly like a bird, roll like a stone,

Love like I ain't afraid to be alone.

Take everything that this world has to give:

I wanna live,

I wanna live.

Somethin' deep inside keeps sayin life is like a vapor:

It's gone in just the twinklin' of an eye.

I want to cry like the rain, cry like the rain,

An' shine like the sun on a beautiful mornin'.

Sing to the heavens like a church bell ringin',

Fight with the devil an' go down swingin'.

Fly like a bird, roll like a stone,

Love like I ain't afraid to be alone.

Take everything that this world has to give.

I wanna take every breath I can get:

I wanna live.

Yeah, yeah.

~*~

"Jade please!" a voice pleaded, coming into Jade's flat.

What an idiot! Jade thought. Can't this bloody idiot take a hint?

"Meg, don't take this personally but I don't like him, he's disgusting, and he's the son of the former Minister of Magic, Cornelious Fudge," Jade said to her best friend for over half her life.

Jade had just turned twenty-two and already her best friend was trying to marry her off. True they both shared the flat but enough was enough. Wasn't it? After at least three days of Meg constantly trying to get Jade to even go out with this poor soul, who really didn't have the chance in the first place if it wasn't for Meg, his cousin.

"Please Jade? Just one date," Meg pleaded and also begged.

"For the last time Meg," Jade said. "NO!"

"Well damn woman," Meg said. "Don't get stingy at me."

"Well how would you expect me to act towards you after three days, each one and every ten minutes, I might like to add, you've been trying to get me to go out with this poor pathetic soul?" Jade asked, rather annoyed.

"How long has it been since you last had a boyfriend Jade? What two months?" Meg asked.

That really did her in. Jade didn't exactly appreciate that last comment of her best friend's. She blew her top basically or well her powers partially took over along with her temper. She didn't want to go on a date with this ugly two faced person. Mainly, one she didn't like him and two, her heart still belonged to Ryan, her former boyfriend. She had given her heart away to somebody who she thought had loved her, but apparently not after Ryan suddenly wanted to end their contact with the other one, permanently after he had found out about her Elemental abilities.

"You know what? I'm sick and tired of this. I've told you before! It may have been at least two months by now since me and Ryan were last together. But I sure as hell don't appreciate it when my best friend tries to set me up with somebody who I think is disgusting and also after I've told you a million gazillion times at least!" Jade said, also with her eyes blazing with fire wildly.

At that same moment also, Jade's Elemental powers had literally threw her best friend, Meg, sailing though the wall and into the next room. Jade was fuming mad, blazing more like it.

Jade not only had the Elemental powers from her Grandmother Narcissa, she was told, and also from her Aunt Lotte' considering she was the next heir, but she had also inherited the famous Weasley temper and the Tories Sudcattle. She heard stories in her childhood about her mother being the last one to activate it, when Adrian was barely one year old. Apparently, she also, had the power. Either that or her Elemental powers could do wicked things when she was this upset.

Even though Meg was currently in the other room, Jade was in no condition to even try to calm down. Instead, the worst thing had happened: Jade left the flat to leave Meg exactly as she was, unconscious. Jade went to the highest cloud in the sky, stood on it, and began the most terrifying storm there ever could have been imaginable for the wizarding world.

~*~

"Mum? What's with this sudden storm?" Adrian asked.

Adrian and Lillian, who was holding onto her newborn child, were staying with Draco and Ginny for a while. Lillian was still trying to get used to not having her father around but it also didn't help that Hermione had shut herself away from the ones she loved. Occasionally, Rose would manage to get in the Manor and try to see if she was at least all right. Lillian on the other hand, couldn't even get through the barrier gates. Lillian had cried for at least a month when Hermione, her own mother, wouldn't let her own daughter inside the Manor. All Adrian could do, was to comfort his wife.

"I don't know dear," Ginny said to her only son.

Draco then came into the study with the rest of the family.

"Ginny, what on Earth is wrong with this storm? It sounds like just when you went up in those clouds, on a rampage," Draco said.

"What are you talking about Draco?" Ginny asked.

"Do you not remember?" Draco asked.

Ginny shook her head.

"Well apparently not, I wouldn't expect you to since you were the last one to activate the Weasley temper and the Tories Sudcattle," Draco said.

"Where's Jade?" Lillian asked, being the only to connect the storm and the temper situation.

"Oh my gosh!" Ginny said. "I never thought she would be the next one to activate the power."

A lightning bolt suddenly became known of its presence as it stuck a tree outside of Ginny and Draco's bedroom window.

Ginny ran into Draco's arms.

"Ginny," Draco said. "You aren't scared of your own daughter's temper are you? Your temper is far worse than her's is."

"I'll forget you just said that," Ginny said. "Where's Fred and George Weasley when you need them?"

"Why on earth would you need Fred and George?" Draco asked, questioning Ginny with his eyes also, not only his words.

"Oh I just thought I'd like to say that," Ginny said. "The only way to get Jade down from the skies is to either find the last three activators of the power to go up there, but since I'm one of the last three, I can't go up there, considering I'm still alive. The only other way is for her soul mate to go up there and get her. But we're kind of stuck aren't we if we don't even have a clue who that is?"

"You got it," Draco said.

"Nope," Adrian said. "I remember looking into one of Hermione's books about what to do to find your soul mate in desire needs in such as this event."

"How did you get inside the Manor when I couldn't?" Lillian asked.

"Oh this was before your father died Lillian," Adrian said. "Your mother actually wrote the book that I read it from. It might work. Although, I don't remember what the spell was exactly to find who your soul mate is."

"Then I'm going home," Lillian said.

"Lillian, we don't have a home to go to yet," Adrian said.

"Not our home, my home," Lillian said.

"Lillian are you suggesting that you go to the Potter Manor?" Draco asked.

"Yes, I am," Lillian said.

They all looked at her as if she were crazy.

"What?" Lillian asked. "It's not as if Mum would keep me out forever. I do know ways into the Manor without her knowing you know. The only reason I didn't go back before was since Kyle was still not even born yet. I'll be in and out before she even knows that the defenses had been knocked out of the circuits."

"Be careful, Lillian Rose Potter Malfoy," Ginny warned. "I don't want to lose you too."

"Oh Aunt Ginny," Lillian said, hugging Ginny's neck. "I'll be careful I promise. I am my father's daughter aren't I? I have my ways."

"That you are my dear. I swear, sometimes when I look at you I see Harry in those eyes of yours," Ginny said, giving up. "If you're going, then get going."

"Mum," Adrian hissed.

"Don't hiss at your mother," Draco sneered.

"You two stop! You don't want two people activating that power, so I suggest you two don't start a row," Ginny said.

"Yes Mum," Adrian said. "Sorry."

~*~

The cold and cloudy sky roared as the sun began to go down. Lillian had just went though one of the passageways to her way inside the house. She ended up right in her old bedroom.

"My, my," a voice said behind her. "We house elves haven't seen Miss Lily around since before Master Harry died."

Lillian turned around to see Suzie and Norky facing her and smiling up at her. She had missed those two. They had been the best to her as she was growing up in the Manor. They had even played with her as a child when nobody else was able to. If there was a person ever to spoil house elves, it was Lillian. Exactly like her mother, except she didn't start anything or continue with organizations such as the S.P.E.W.

"I've missed you two!" Lillian exclaimed but was sure to keep her voice down, in case her mother was lurking around the halls.

"We have missed you too Lily," Norky said. "The Mistress is so cruel to us now a days. We never thought she would turn like that. She even took back the knitted little hats for us."

That was a shock. Hermione had been such a stickler when it came to being nice to house elves. The house did seem to be a little on the gloomy side now that she looked around.

"Where's Mum?" Lillian asked.

"She's dining right now Miss Lily," Norky said.

"Good," Lillian said. "Then do your best not to let her anywhere near the library for a good few hours ok?"

"Yes Miss Lily," Suzie said. "We'll make sure the Mistress doesn't go near the library."

"Thank-you," Lillian said as she opened her door and began to walk towards the library.

To see who your soul mate is, only in desire and desperate need, you must say the words, Solaris and the name of who is one half of the soul.

Lillian read in her mother's book, finally after a good two hours of searching in this gigantic library of her mother's. She made sure she had memorized that passage before she gathered the books and began to put things away.

"What are you doing here?" a voice blared from behind her.

Lillian turned around to face her mother. Her mother; who had not spoken to, or even would let inside to see in over six years.

"I came here to find a key to helping my sister-in-law," Lillian said. "What has become of you Mum? Daddy would be so upset if he saw this, in fact I know he would."

"You don't know that Lillian," Hermione sneered. "Your father is gone. You hear me? Gone. Rose is my daughter but as far as I am concerned, you are no daughter of mine. You are your father's daughter, not mine. And he is gone, so you will be too."

Her mother's words had hurt badly as she stood there. She couldn't stand it.

"Do you realize what you're saying Mum?" Lillian asked, very close to tears.

"Yes I do, now get out!" Hermione roared.

"Hermione Ann Granger Potter!" a voice shouted that made the light fixtures rattle in their place.

There was only one person who knew Hermione's full name, and that person was dead. Harry couldn't come back from the dead, could he? Hermione questioned in her mind.

"Daddy!" Lillian said as she saw her Father, Harry James Potter, appear in human form in front of the two of them.

Lillian ran into Harry's eyes as tears began to make their way down her cheek. Harry held her tight as he knew Hermione hadn't been that kind to their youngest daughter since he had died.

For the first time in six years, Hermione's eyes softened and her body relaxed. That was all it took for Hermione to turn back to her old self, was to see Harry again.

"Harry?" Hermione questioned. "How can it be? You're supposed to be dead."

"Mione'," Harry said. "I've been watching over my family ever since I died. I can't and will not go onto Heaven until it is time for me to go with the rest of the Potters'. I have been watching you too. You've shocked me the most sweetheart. I could have never imagined to see the woman I love, treat our daughter as if she meant nothing to you."

Lillian had now begun to finish putting away the books she had drug out before looking for that spell to help Jade, while her father slowly brought back her mother to her old self. When Lillian had come back to where they were, Hermione was crying in Harry's arms. Apparently, her mother had never grieved for her husband's death.

"I'm so sorry Harry!" Hermione said, still crying into his chest.

"Mione', please calm down," Harry said. "I'm right here. I love you sweetheart. Please let me go. I've been dead for six years sweetie and yet you still cling onto me. It pains me to see the way you treat our daughters. Please come back to me and be the Mione' I used to know and love so dearly."

"I love you too Harry," Hermione said. "But just imagine how I felt that morning when I woke up. In another bed in the household and to discover that I had been moved so I wouldn't wake up to find you dead next to me. You never even gave me warning of your death."

"I'm sorry Mione'," Harry said. "Mione', it's time for me to go now. Dad wouldn't let me stay long."

"No," Hermione said. "Don't go! You just got here."

"I was only given the exact amount of time to turn you back into your old self and that was all I was given," Harry said. "Go make things better with our daughter. I believe your last comment to her had her almost going to tears."

"Ok," Hermione said, looking into Harry's emerald green eyes.

"I love you sweetheart," Harry said as he began to disappear from both, Lillian and Hermione's sights.

"Mum?" Lillian asked, wondering if her mother was still the same mother she had grown up with.

"I'm so sorry Lillian," Hermione said, gathering her daughter into her arms. "I'm sorry for the way I've treated you and Rose over the past six years. I love you Lillian. Please forgive me for that."

"I love you Mum," Lillian said. "But I've got to get back to Adrian and Kyle. I've got to help Jade. She's gone under the Weasley temper and Tories Sudcattle."

~*~

"Took you long enough!" Adrian said as Lillian had come back to the Malfoy Manor.

"Lillian!" Ginny said, rushing towards her and engulfing her in a motherly hug.

"Aunt Ginny," Lillian said, looking at her with her face still tear-stained from seeing her father again.

"What dear, what is it? Have you been crying? What happened?" Ginny asked. "Did your Mione' have something to do with it?"

"Ginny, let Lillian breathe and relax before you attack with never ending questions," Draco said.

"Thank-you," Lillian said. "Mum is back to her old self now."

"How in the world did that happen?" Draco asked.

"Dad came back to her," Lillian said.

"He what?" Ginny asked.

"Dad came back in human form after Mum had said something really hurtful to me," Lillian said. "That was all it took for Mum to soften up and become herself again. Apparently, Mum had never grieved for Dad's death."

"And where is Harry now?" Ginny asked, turning just a little bit of a shade of white.

"Dad has gone back to Potter Swan Manor," Lillian said.

"What's the spell?" Adrian asked.

Lillian took out her wand and repeated what she had memorized.

"Solaris Jade Nicole Malfoy," Lillian said with a swish and a flick of her wand.

In bright pink letters, was the name Ryan McCoru, that appeared before Lillian and the rest to see.

"Ryan is her soul mate? Didn't they split on account of he couldn't deal with her being an Elemental?" Adrian asked.

"He couldn't what?" Draco asked, ready to jump the man for breaking his daughter's heart, which he knew she had given to him.

"Now Dad," Adrian said. "Please don't go loco now."

"Oh I'm not," Draco said. "I'll be back in an hour."

And not a minute or a word later, Draco was gone.

~*~

Draco beat on the door of Jade's flat. After a few minutes of no answer from anybody, not even Meg, her best friend who she had been sharing her flat with, he apparated inside only to see Meg unconscious and on the floor in the other room.

"What on earth hit this place?" a voice said behind him.

Draco turned around to see Ryan McCoru in his daughter's flat.

"What are you doing here?" Draco sneered.

Ryan, taken back a little by Jade's father being so cold towards him, that he stepped back as he spoke.

"I came here to apologize to Jade for being the idiot I was in leaving when truth be told, I was just scared of her powers. I do love her but I was scared of her powers," Ryan said, still afraid of Mr. Malfoy.

"You're right about the idiot part, but I'm glad you're here," Draco said.

Ryan looked at him questionably. "Why is that sir?"

"Because since the last person who activated the Weasley temper and the Tories Sudcattle is still alive and the last three can not therefore go up and bring Jade down. Only her soul mate can," Draco said.

"I'm her soul mate?" Ryan asked.

"Yes," Draco said. "I just hope you're pureblood."

"Down to the last drop I am," Ryan said proudly.

"Good," Draco said. "I wouldn't to have a tradition of purebloods in this family, broken."

"You won't be disappointed sir," Ryan said. "Where is she by the way? If I am the only one to be able to bring her down then how do I get to her?"

"Oh that will be easy for you," Draco said. "Just simply go outside and say her full name and you'll instantly be in front of her. Just tell her how you feel and she might go back to you. And don't come back down unless you have her in your arms."

"Yes sir," Ryan said.

"Good," Draco said. "Now go, while I heal Meg here. Apparently, she suffered Jade's powers."

~*~

"Jade Nicole Malfoy," Ryan said loud and clear, while the rain continued to pour down his face.

Like Mr. Malfoy had said, Ryan was instantly in front of Jade. But she was storming mad. Her hair was soaking wet, her whole body was wet. Her eyes softened a little bit at the sight of Ryan.

"What are you going here?" Jade asked.

"I'm apparently your soul mate. And I'm also the only one who can bring you back down and also the one who can calm you down apparently," Ryan said.

"Apparently," Jade said sarcastically.

"Look Jade," Ryan said. "I'll admit, I was wrong to break things off between you and me almost two months ago. I was scared when you told me about your Elemental abilities. I just wish you would come back to me, I love you Jade."

"You what?" Jade asked, not noticing that both her and Ryan were slowly beginning to lower to the Earth.

"I love you," Ryan said.

"That's what I thought you said," Jade said as she ran into his arms.

Ryan gladly took her into his arms.

"I'll never leave you again I promise," Ryan said.

"Oh I love you," Jade said as she kissed him.

The kiss started out as one in need of the other, but then turned to be a gentle and passionate kiss, but soon it went back to a hungry kiss.

They both came down to the Earth now. Just outside of Jade's flat.

"Excuse me!" a voice said, as Jade and Ryan were busy landing on the ground and also kissing the other one until they probably would turn blue in the face if they didn't break every once in a while to breathe.

Jade pulled out of the kiss and then worried.

"Meg!" Jade said, worried.

"Don't worry Jade," Draco said. "I've taken care of her. She's inside resting. Although, it would do a little bit of good if you went to see her. Both of you."

"Yes Daddy," Jade said. "I love you."

Jade walked inside her flat with Ryan by her side, hand in hand as they walked down the hallway towards Meg's room.

Everything now, was as if it should have been all along. Ryan and Jade were as of last week, engaged. Draco didn't exactly like it but considering she was the first daughter to get married out of all his four daughters, it was expected. Ginny, on the other hand, was thrilled to have her baby getting married. The wedding was beautiful. Rose petals were thrown everywhere as Jade and Ryan went on their honeymoon to Cape Cod.

wvWare Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.0.0

-->