Unofficial Portkey Archive

Coming of A New Age by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Coming of A New Age

frecklegirl87

Chapter 13: Rise and Shine, Sleepy Head

"Harry no," Hermione said, as her husband went past her.

He didn't answer her.

"Harry James Potter, if you wake them up right now, which it would be, let me remind you, six-o-clock in the morning; you're gonna have two grumpy teenage girls on your hands," Hermione said.

"Oh, Hermione, it's Lillian's first day of Hogwarts, I just want her to enjoy what she has of it. And for Rose too, I mean, even though it's not her first year," Harry said.

"Harry, you sneaky thing you, don't you even dare take one step towards their rooms. You know good and well that we've all agreed not to wake them up until the rooster crows and the fat lady sings," Hermione said.

"Hermione, `until the rooster crows and the fat lady sings' ? Where did you hear that?" Harry said.

"Part Rose's words and part Lillian's words," Hermione said. "I was just simply quoting them. Which you should not go back there and wake them up."

"Oh, why not? They need to be waken up anyway," Harry said.

Hermione came closer to his body and then spoke to him, "Harry, for the last time, no."

Before Harry could respond and argue with her, Hermione captured his lips with her own.

Sometimes you just had to shut the chatterbox down. Hermione thought.

Hey, I heard that, Harry said telepathically towards Hermione.

I know, you were supposed to, Hermione said back.

Hermione then deepened the kiss and said telepathically, I love you.

3 hours later…

"Mum!" a voice said, from one of the rooms.

"Which shoes should I take? The tan, white, black, brown… UGH! Would you please help me on this shoe dilemma?" the voice said about 5 seconds later.

"That's your daughter," Harry said, knowing very well, that he never had that much trouble with picking out shoes.

"I know, and that's your daughter," Hermione said, pointing to Lillian coming down the hallway, in nothing but her pajamas and with her hair a mess, and looking like somebody just drug her out of bed.

You're quite right, Harry said telepathically.

Right about what Dad? Lillian asked, picking up the sound of telepathic skills.

"Nothing dear, go eat some breakfast. But don't have any coffee. You know you'll be wired later if you do," Harry said.

"Ok," Lillian said, groggily, as she headed towards the kitchen.

"Morning sunshine, good to see you this early morning," Hermione said as her youngest daughter entered the kitchen.

"It's only 9 Hermione," Harry said.

"Harry, to our daughters, 9 in the morning is too early," Hermione said.

"Oh, Mione', 9 it's just already half the day already over," Harry said.

"Harry, what planet are you learning from these days?" Hermione asked, coming over to him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hermione, play nice," Harry said, pouting his lips at her.

"Would you stop acting like you're a child?" Rose asked, entering the kitchen.

"Oh, you just need to lighten up, you fuddy-duddy," Harry said.

"Fuddy-du… what?" Rose asked.

"Never mind Lillian. Just eat," Hermione said, making sure Harry didn't play with their minds like he always did in the mornings when they weren't quite awake.